PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt Field Mall, NY

blockheads88
Jun 8, 2010, 08:24 AM
Hey So Since the store has moved in the mall what entrance should people be lining up at?

rdowns
Jun 8, 2010, 08:44 AM
I would think the same one as before except on the ground level.

blockheads88
Jun 15, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hey what time are people going to start lining up at this store?

blockheads88
Jun 16, 2010, 10:11 PM
I think that i will be lining up at around 3:30ish. Do u think that will be to early i know that usually Roosevelt field is usually crowed.

louiev
Jun 18, 2010, 06:31 PM
I would think the same one as before except on the ground level.

I would expect it to be the same as for the iPad- in the back on the ground floor. I was planning on getting there about 6am. Do you think even with reservation we need to be there earlier?

blockheads88
Jun 18, 2010, 09:10 PM
I would expect it to be the same as for the iPad- in the back on the ground floor. I was planning on getting there about 6am. Do you think even with reservation we need to be there earlier?

What Back do u mean? By Burger King or on side with modell's?
and I think i am going to be there around 3 ish. i know last year for the 3GS is was crowed so i would assume this year even more

NinjaKid
Jun 18, 2010, 10:38 PM
Im going to head there about 9:30am since i have a reservation

mlkcm24e
Jun 18, 2010, 11:42 PM
Hey Ninjakid, when you did your reservation, did you get any confirmation by e-mail about your reservation?

Excluse
Jun 18, 2010, 11:58 PM
Same here. Might reach there around 8-8:30 am or sometime near closing. I have my reservation + confirmation e-mail so I'm good.

louiev
Jun 19, 2010, 06:32 AM
What Back do u mean? By Burger King or on side with modell's?

Yes back by Burger King.

I was hoping with a reservation / email confirmation it would be less painful this time. Not so sure now!

puck5iouz
Jun 19, 2010, 09:08 AM
My boyfriend and I plan on leaving my house at 4am to get there by 4:20 and maybe bring a pair of chairs and hopefully make it out before 8 because i'm taking summer classes and have a presentation that morning :D

drhellboy22
Jun 19, 2010, 10:07 AM
Am going to be there like around 3am I have my reserved so i hope I be out of there by 7:30 or 8

pilotError
Jun 19, 2010, 06:21 PM
They moved downstairs? Damn, I guess it's been a while!

I think the Long Island schools have half a day on Thursday. I guess most of us parents won't be able to make it...

Or the place is going to be mobbed with kids after 12.

drhellboy22
Jun 19, 2010, 07:28 PM
I was in the apple store today and one of the employee said that the line will be the same as it was for the iPad, and that they are going to separate the line in two like around 4AM one line for reserved and the other one for no reserved.

puck5iouz
Jun 19, 2010, 08:14 PM
So if they're separating a line at 4am, they're obviously expecting it to get hectic with or without a reservation :(
I have a reservation for two phones and I doubt there will be anyone doing the day before camp out. I'll stop by the apple store on wednesday afternoon to get more info since campus is a 3 minute drive away...hopefully I get good news!

drhellboy22
Jun 19, 2010, 08:45 PM
So if they're separating a line at 4am, they're obviously expecting it to get hectic with or without a reservation :(
I have a reservation for two phones and I doubt there will be anyone doing the day before camp out. I'll stop by the apple store on wednesday afternoon to get more info since campus is a 3 minute drive away...hopefully I get good news!

The guy told me that they are expecting a lot of people, and that the reserved line will be moving faster because they have all the reserved iphone apart and
people will only come in get there iphone pay for it and live

NinjaKid
Jun 20, 2010, 02:02 AM
Hey Ninjakid, when you did your reservation, did you get any confirmation by e-mail about your reservation?

Yes I got a email about it and in the apple store app it shows up in reservation section for the store.

mlkcm24e
Jun 20, 2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks NinjaKid

crisss1205
Jun 23, 2010, 10:34 AM

I asked one of the employees the other day and he said they will start a line around Midnight or 2AM

drhellboy22
Jun 23, 2010, 12:51 PM
am going to be there at 2 to 2:30 them i want to get my phone early

crisss1205
Jun 23, 2010, 01:08 PM
Just called Roosevelt Field (after waiting about 30 minutes on hold) and they said that if you have a reservation you will get a phone if you get there by 9:30 otherwise your reservation is worthless.

Also he said that the line will form whenever people start to come (could be any minute now) and the line will form by the Burger King Entrance (Near old Apple Store but on 1st floor)

Excluse
Jun 23, 2010, 01:45 PM
Just called Roosevelt Field (after waiting about 30 minutes on hold) and they said that if you have a reservation you will get a phone if you get there by 9:30 otherwise your reservation is worthless.

Also he said that the line will form whenever people start to come (could be any minute now) and the line will form by the Burger King Entrance (Near old Apple Store but on 1st floor)

*Assuming you mean 9:30 am

By 9:30 really? I doubt they're allowed to do that. I was planning on picking mine up around 7:30-8 pm.
If they really only honor reservations until 9:30am I might have to take it up with Apple Corporate.

crisss1205
Jun 23, 2010, 01:47 PM
*Assuming you mean 9:30 am

By 9:30 really? I doubt they're allowed to do that. I was planning on picking mine up around 7:30-8 pm.
If they really only honor reservations until 9:30am I might have to take it up with Apple Corporate.

Yes AM

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Your reservation is valid for pickup only at the Apple Retail Store that you selected.

If you do not collect your selected item(s) by the designated date and time, your reservation will be canceled.

All sales are subject to the Apple Retail Store Purchase Policies.

Apple reserves the right to refuse, limit, or cancel a reservation if Apple determines that a customer has provided misleading or fraudulent information and/or abused or disrupted the reservation system.

TM and copyright 2010 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 83-DM, Cupertino, CA 95014.

From Email

Jblack4083
Jun 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
I reserved mine so I plan to arrive around 8am.

I should be fine since I reserved correct?

crisss1205
Jun 23, 2010, 03:04 PM
I should be fine since I reserved correct?

No, get there early.

blockheads88
Jun 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hey anyone know if there a line there yet?

drhellboy22
Jun 23, 2010, 05:13 PM
Hey anyone know if there a line there yet?

I hope not

puck5iouz
Jun 23, 2010, 07:25 PM
I went to the apple store early in the afternoon...apple employees said the sooner you line up the better (cutting to point) even with reservations which I have so I'm really debating what time to head out :confused:
my initial plan was 4 a.m. but idk maybe there is a line now...hopefully everything goes smoothly

jringo718
Jun 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
Anybody know if there is a line already?

Which would be the better option, going to the Roosevelt Field Mall store or the Walt Whitman/Huntington Apple store, like which would have less people?

Nikos
Jun 23, 2010, 10:47 PM
I have two reserved. I planned on getting there around 7. I already got my iPhone 4 but need to pick up the gf's and another. :o

SDub90
Jun 23, 2010, 10:51 PM
This is the info I got from a friend who is an employee:

1500 iPhones for reserves
2000 for walk ins

I was expecting a tenth of that.

Don't expect them to serve you based on your position on line outside the mall - they'll be going by who makes it on line first outside the store.

They recommended getting there at 6AM or earlier still.

Nikos
Jun 23, 2010, 10:58 PM
This is the info I got from a friend who is an employee:

1500 iPhones for reserves
2000 for walk ins

I was expecting a tenth of that.

Don't expect them to serve you based on your position on line outside the mall - they'll be going by who makes it on line first outside the store.

They recommended getting there at 6AM or earlier still.

Oh wow, that's a lot more than I expected. I guess I'll leave a little earlier. I don't want to disappoint the gf tomorrow. :o I'll be the idiot waiting in line for an iPhone 4 using an iPhone 4 if anyone wants to say hi, lulz.

Nikos
Jun 23, 2010, 11:02 PM
I still can't fathom 1500 people who reserved showing up before 7AM. In NYC sure, but at Roosevelt Field? Doubtful IMO. I could very well be wrong though.

jringo718
Jun 23, 2010, 11:26 PM
I still can't fathom 1500 people who reserved showing up before 7AM. In NYC sure, but at Roosevelt Field? Doubtful IMO. I could very well be wrong though.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking, but I am scared of the walkins, since I didn't preorder like an idiot.

Excluse
Jun 23, 2010, 11:41 PM
Can any locals help me out?
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10296793#post10296793
Thanks.

Nikos
Jun 24, 2010, 12:24 AM
Is anyone there now? What's the situation? Waiting inside or outside? How many people?

soco
Jun 24, 2010, 01:59 AM
Are you allowed to buy with cash?

puck5iouz
Jun 24, 2010, 02:24 AM
Are you allowed to buy with cash?

Nope. Strickly credit card/debit card.
Anyone know if thEre is a line yet? I plan on heading out there in about 40 mintues.

davecom
Jun 24, 2010, 02:26 AM
Nope. Strickly credit card/debit card.
Anyone know if thEre is a line yet? I plan on heading out there in about 40 mintues.

I'm leaving in 5.

puck5iouz
Jun 24, 2010, 02:31 AM
I'm leaving in 5.

Nicee...would u mind letting me/us know what the verdict on the Lines for reservations and non please?

blockheads88
Jun 24, 2010, 02:34 AM
Right now it's over 200 deep. Security said at 4:30 they may seprate pre-order and they will go in first.

jringo718
Jun 24, 2010, 02:37 AM
Right now it's over 200 deep. Security said at 4:30 they may seprate pre-order and they will go in first.

So this is at the entrance by Burger King, next to the Macy's parking lot right? Where does the line extend to, as in wheres the best place to park and jump right in line?

blockheads88
Jun 24, 2010, 02:38 AM
The line is on the bottom level right under BK. It is from the door all the way to the back and turning towards the cars.

puck5iouz
Jun 24, 2010, 02:43 AM
O wow! I thought it was gonna be a little less than that....but highly appreciate the update!!! :D

Nikos
Jun 24, 2010, 04:38 AM
It's a zoo right now. I was told there's only one line at the moment. Is this true?

Nikos
Jun 24, 2010, 05:11 AM
They seem to be separating people. If I'm understanding this correctly, it seems like there are a lot more walk-ins.

kjs862
Jun 24, 2010, 08:38 AM
I was going to head over soon, is it even worth it? I have a reservation. :confused:

pilotError
Jun 24, 2010, 11:26 AM
No updates? Was it chaos over there?

I might stop in later tonight.

Teh Don Ditty
Jun 24, 2010, 11:52 AM
^It had to be a mad house, it always is.

pilotError
Jun 24, 2010, 03:49 PM
I stopped by around 4:30PM and there had to be about 200+ people on line. I asked someone at the end if its moving, and he said it was shorter than this morning.

They were still mixing pre-order and walk in lines.

I'm debating whether I want to go back and wait or not (had the family with me).

Hmmmm, decisions, descisions! LOL

Teh Don Ditty
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 PM
I stopped by around 4:30PM and there had to be about 200+ people on line. I asked someone at the end if its moving, and he said it was shorter than this morning.

They were still mixing pre-order and walk in lines.

I'm debating whether I want to go back and wait or not (had the family with me).

Hmmmm, decisions, descisions! LOL

I'd go back. That store generally has stock. It's probably one of Apple's best performing stores.

DO IT.

(I'm a former Long Islander, thus me posting in this thread :p)

SDub90
Jun 24, 2010, 05:29 PM
It's probably one of Apple's best performing stores.

The Roosevelt field store actually had the highest revenue per square foot before it moved. I'd bet that it stayed that way afterwards as well.

rdowns
Jun 24, 2010, 06:10 PM
No reservation and walked away with a 32GB. Waited on line for about a half hour (got there a little before 5PM) and spent 10 minutes in store. Process was smooth as silk. They have plenty of stock but no cases or bumpers.

pilotError
Jun 24, 2010, 07:16 PM
I must have just missed you rdowns.

I got there around 5:30 was in the store around 6PM and left with 2 phones.

There were no accessories though.

The line moved pretty fast and there was a longer line when I left. Must have been everyone getting off of work.

The guy working the line told me they would only sell me 2 phones if the other person was with me, but when I got in the store, they never questioned it.

Nor should they have after all the Apple products I've purchased over the years! LOL

I even got a free italian ice as they rolled the cart down the line! Cherry, mmmm!

Setting up the Wifes phone now!

pilotError
Jun 24, 2010, 07:19 PM
The Roosevelt field store actually had the highest revenue per square foot before it moved. I'd bet that it stayed that way afterwards as well.

They moved downstairs by Victoria Secrets (down the hall from Burger King). The new store is bigger, but I liked the old location better.

EarthDawn
Jun 24, 2010, 07:20 PM
So is anyone there now ?

And how late are they going to stay open ?

Excluse
Jun 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
Waiting on line right now. It goes back to the victoria secret store.

rdowns
Jun 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
I even got a free italian ice as they rolled the cart down the line! Cherry, mmmm!

We got mango. Twice!

They moved downstairs by Victoria Secrets (down the hall from Burger King). The new store is bigger, but I liked the old location better.

Yeah, old location was a nice quiet corner of the mall but the store was small. Have you checked out the Manhasset store? It's a beautiful store.