PDA

View Full Version : ipad and iphone debug question

MACloop
Jun 8, 2010, 08:53 AM
Hello,
I have an iPhone app which is designed for the iPhone. I have noticed that apps may be run on the ipad aswell (I have tried it out with some of my apps from the appstore). But is it not possible to debug an iPhone app for the ipad? I have added my iPad as developer device and I have added this device to the current prov. profile but I am not able to install the profile on my ipad and therefor not able to debug/run the app on the iPad... Is this not possible?
MACloop

dejo
Jun 8, 2010, 10:24 AM
It's definitely possible. So there must be something in particular you're doing wrong. When you say you can't install the profile on your iPad, do you have any specifics? Warnings when trying to do so or something?

westam
Jun 8, 2010, 06:38 PM
It is possible (i remote debug on my ipad with a native iphone app all the time) what errors are you getting and also does the device logs or console give any additional information?

is the build signing proplery?

MACloop
Jun 9, 2010, 01:57 AM
It's definitely possible. So there must be something in particular you're doing wrong. When you say you can't install the profile on your iPad, do you have any specifics? Warnings when trying to do so or something?

Hi again,
sorry for not sending the errormsg... well this is how I did it:
- added my ipad as developer device
- added the device for the prov. profile.
- downloaded the profile
- in xcode I tried to drag-and-drop the profile to my device, ie the iPad. The ipad was marked green in xcode organizer. This gave a msg saying that this device is not included in the profile...?

I tried it out for several times and even deleted the profile in the portal and created a new one. On my iphone everything is allright, but not on my iPad...

One thing I noticed was that underneath the OS dropdown in the xcode organizer, there is a text saying that xcode does not know this OS version...? Very strange thou - I have made a hello world app and installed it without any problems on my iPad.

Any hints on this?
Thanks in advance!
MACloop

dejo
Jun 9, 2010, 10:18 AM
I usually install profiles via iTunes and then make sure to restart Xcode.

MACloop
Jun 10, 2010, 04:17 AM
I usually install profiles via iTunes and then make sure to restart Xcode.

OK, I will try that appreoach instead - thank alot!
MACLoop