Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThomasHobbes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Does anyone know how much of a discount on a system the single lifetime discount gives you in the Apple Student Developer program for Canada? I've heard the US one is a 50% discount, just wondering if the Canadian version is in the same bracket.

Basically if it is worth 50-odd% I have no problem with buying a 12 inch now off eBay and getting a rev. B G4 dual-core or G5 15 inch in a year or two.
If it's less then I could just use it now.

Thanks in advance

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
In NZ it's 15% off 'Power' computers and 10% off 'i' computers. I expect that Canada will be similar.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
i used this in canada to buy my powerbook. saved me about 400$. it's definitely worth it. but there are limitations, you can't buy everything in the store and get 20% off. it's limited to one system - system being defined as any CPU or Notebook, with/out a monitor. and ONE only. you can't buy 5 powerbooks at 20% off. just one.

also, for some items, the discount is not really 20%, so sometimes it's not really worth it. the 12" Powerbook is cheaper using regular student discount than with the ADC student discount. go figure. the ADC price for 12" PB is almost the same as retail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.