PDA

View Full Version : Meadowhall, Sheffield, UK

the09factor
Jun 8, 2010, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone

Who's going for an early start in Sheffield then?

I'm planning on being there ready and waiting with the MacBook under my arm. Need to get that phone, get setup and get off to London.

Who else will be at the party? And does anyone know if Meahowhall are opening the doors at 6am, so the queue can form and then the Apple Store can open at 8am (assumptions made from the iPad meet thread).

Shout up.

J

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 10, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hey!

If all goes to plan and i can get together the cash in time ill be there queing early.

So were assuming the doors open at 6?

I'll be getting a 16GB white i think, only PAYG then transferring my current contract over to a microsim.

Going to speak to O2 tomorrow to make sure i can actually do this!

mhuk01
Jun 11, 2010, 06:46 PM
i'm planning on getting a payg iphone from sheffield apple store (its the nearest for me as i'm in leeds).

what time are people thinking of getting there? obviously ill preorder - does that mean i dont have to get there really early to guarantee an iphone4?
happy to get there early anyway as it would be the first time ive queued for an apple product!

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 12, 2010, 02:57 AM
i'm planning on getting a payg iphone from sheffield apple store (its the nearest for me as i'm in leeds).

what time are people thinking of getting there? obviously ill preorder - does that mean i dont have to get there really early to guarantee an iphone4?
happy to get there early anyway as it would be the first time ive queued for an apple product!

Im not sure whats going to happen regards resevations. Do they require a credit card or anything do we know?

The guy i spoke to in the apple store says people started queuing for the iPad from midnight and by opening time there was 100+ people in the queue. He has no info on the opening times though yet.

I dont think i can manage an all nighter so i might brave it and join the queue really early in the morning after some sleep!

Smog
Jun 15, 2010, 06:51 AM
I should be there really early if all goes well

just a quick question, if we arrive BEFORE the centre opens, which door do people que at. I'm guessing the M&S entrance as it's near the interchange.

If this fails, it looks like o2 Barnsley for me.

mhuk01
Jun 15, 2010, 05:12 PM
might be worth a call on tuesday or wednesday next week to find out how it works regarding getting in early. if they have any white available i'm tempted to get there early to get one.

Sdancott
Jun 16, 2010, 06:20 AM
I'll be there bright and early. Was planning on arriving between 6:30-7:00. You guys reckon that's too late?

mhuk01
Jun 16, 2010, 06:04 PM
i would have that thought that would be ok. hopefully we'll be able to find out how to get in before the mall opens for business.

biohead
Jun 18, 2010, 11:16 AM
I'm going to try and get there bright and early too. Got a plane to catch that day so really can't stay longer than 9:30-10AM. I'm not too optimistic about that bit :(

Nintendolinky
Jun 18, 2010, 03:14 PM
Im from Wakefield too, already have it reserved so if i cant get it from the o2 shop in the ridings im gonna get to meadowhall and pick up my reserve.

liamoblomy
Jun 18, 2010, 06:51 PM
ok guys whats peoples thought on the ability to get this phone without reserving it at meadowhall? im considering going to meadowhall as i live in leeds and there is no apple shop here.

kopite19
Jun 18, 2010, 07:02 PM
I'll be popping up from Leeds some time on Thursday to collect my pre-order. More than likely I'll be there around 8ish and then queue for an hour or two. Might take my MacBook and see if a Genius can replace the front case with the cracks. Might ALSO take my 3G and see if they'll be able to do anything with the crack around the dock-connector..hopefully.

liamoblomy
Jun 19, 2010, 07:29 AM
Hey guys just some news for you... been on the phone to meadowhall apple store about the opening times and they told me that the shopping centre will open its doors at 4AM in anticipation of people waiting to get their hands on one. See you guys there.

h3nry
Jun 20, 2010, 11:04 AM
I'll be there :) see you all Thursday morning :D

liamoblomy
Jun 20, 2010, 11:25 AM
just out of interest, what time are people thinking of arriving there? also anyone got any idea where the line will start? what door people will be waiting at.

Demonknight
Jun 20, 2010, 03:41 PM
As someone posted the doors at meadowhall will be opening at 4am to allow queuing outside the Apple store. This is the email I received from Meadowhall customer care yesterday.

The doors on the upper arcade by the Yorkshire bank will be opening at 4.00am to allow customers to begin queuing outside the apple store

Take a look at a map of stores on the Meadowhall site to see where these doors are located. The entrance to the closest car parking area to these doors have a roundabout on the ring road around the shopping centre at the entrance to the ramp to the car park.

I'll be getting there just before 6am. I have the phone reserved but don't want to take any chances.

mhuk01
Jun 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
if theres any chance of getting a white one i'll be there from 4. if not maybe 7 as i have two black iphones reserved.

GSP
Jun 21, 2010, 03:45 AM
Hi all, never been in on a launch day before so hoping some of you may be able to give me an educated guess (based on past launches).

If I turn up at Meadowhall at around 7am - what do you all reckon the chances of me getting an iPhone 4 are?

And how long should I anticipate queuing for?

Thanks...

liamoblomy
Jun 21, 2010, 08:13 AM
Hi all, never been in on a launch day before so hoping some of you may be able to give me an educated guess (based on past launches).

If I turn up at Meadowhall at around 7am - what do you all reckon the chances of me getting an iPhone 4 are?

And how long should I anticipate queuing for?

Thanks...

Hey, have you pre ordered an iphone? cos when i phoned up they said theyd have very few available for people who hadnt pre-ordered so id recommend going as early as you can. I havent pre-ordered so im gonna try get there as early as I can but yeh if you havent pre-ordered id say the apple store was your best chance of getting one.

biohead
Jun 21, 2010, 09:25 AM
O2 Wakefield managed to give me the wrong microsim, so I might venture to meadowhall o2 tomorrow and ask in the Apple Store whilst im there if they're going to have seperate lines for upgrading customers and sim-free, as I really can't afford to stay beyond 10:30. Wonder if I bring my plane tickets in they'll be willing to let me in and out? :p

Demonknight
Jun 21, 2010, 12:54 PM
I went into Meadowhall earlier to get my microsim from O2. I walked across the walkway into the Apple store. The very helpful assistant confirmed my reservation on a mac and also confirmed they'll be 2 queues. One for people who have reserved and one for people trying their luck at purchasing any available stock the store may get. I forgot to ask how many had reserved at the Meadowhall store sadly.

See you all early Thursday morning!

liamoblomy
Jun 21, 2010, 01:52 PM
hmmm im wondering how many will be available for those who havent reserved one. maybe 10 in stock? lol i have no idea, feeling tense about my chances though.

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 21, 2010, 02:37 PM
I've picked up my micro sim and set off the transfer, im not sure what time im going yet, not sure if i can manage 4AM but i have one reserved anyway so i should be fine.

Going to have a look which doors were talking about now.

Man im gonna be exhausted.

Ingster
Jun 22, 2010, 09:53 AM
The doors are the 1st floor ones between red and yellow car parks.

I'm looking at getting there about half six with my iPad to entertain myself while waiting in the queue, i just hope i'm through and holding my iPhone before 13.00 as i'll be due in work!!!

lol!

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 22, 2010, 12:37 PM
Well my bank account is ready now I'm just deciding what time to show up.

I'll be bringing my little dell netbook to steal apple's free wifi whilst I queue I think. I'll probably be the kid sat on the floor :)

mhuk01
Jun 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
Well my bank account is ready now I'm just deciding what time to show up.

I'll be bringing my little dell netbook to steal apple's free wifi whilst I queue I think. I'll probably be the kid sat on the floor :)

is it a hackintosh by any chance? think i might bring my dell mini 9 along

Ol!ver
Jun 22, 2010, 01:32 PM
I've got one reserved at the Apple Store, and I start work in the centre at 12:30. Not sure whether to go down fairly early or just pick it up at some point through the day.

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 22, 2010, 02:13 PM
is it a hackintosh by any chance? think i might bring my dell mini 9 along

It was but it's running Windows 7 again now as I had some issues and never got round to messing about with OSX again.

Mines a dell mini 9 too :D

biohead
Jun 22, 2010, 03:01 PM
Good idea that! Might bring my MSI Wind along... Again, was on OSX 10.6 but currently on Win7. Might change that tomorrow ;)

Finally got a micro sim from O2 meadowhall today (one opposite Apple). The assistant knew straight away what I was after and just tutted at the PAYG pack that O2 Wakefield gave me. All transferred over now.

Was talking to one of the Apple assistants too. He's not sure how busy it will be but said I can hope to be out within 20 minutes... once I've got into the store.

telco*engineer
Jun 22, 2010, 03:05 PM
i have 16GB version reserved but am still gonna go really early. I went in the apple shop on a saturday a few weeks ago and it was proper packed. I expect it to be really busy

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 22, 2010, 03:06 PM
Good idea that! Might bring my MSI Wind along... Again, was on OSX 10.6 but currently on Win7. Might change that tomorrow ;)

Finally got a micro sim from O2 meadowhall today (one opposite Apple). The assistant knew straight away what I was after and just tutted at the PAYG pack that O2 Wakefield gave me. All transferred over now.

Was talking to one of the Apple assistants too. He's not sure how busy it will be but said I can hope to be out within 20 minutes... once I've got into the store.

The guy in the same O2 store scared me to death on Monday. He went "We've ran out..... just kidding we've got hundreds of the things, ill go get one!"

I was terrified :D

Im all transfered over to it now, getting excited about queing in the middle of the night haha :)

mhuk01
Jun 23, 2010, 03:00 AM
so what time are people getting there tomorrow? also any word on if there will be any white iphones?

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 03:02 AM
so what time are people getting there tomorrow? also any word on if there will be any white iphones?

Ill be there at 4am. Purely because ive never queue'd before and i mainly want to go for the experience of it all. (I have one reserved)

Last i heard is that its going to be over a month until white iPhone's are available.

the09factor
Jun 23, 2010, 05:14 AM
I missed that we are able to reserve handsets in store :(

I hope there's still some left!

And 4am!?!? :eek: That's WAAAY too early for me, even with my desire for an iP4.

telco*engineer
Jun 23, 2010, 06:00 AM
i have a reservation for a 16GB do you think apple will let me change to a 32GB if I get there really early ??

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 06:03 AM
i have a reservation for a 16GB do you think apple will let me change to a 32GB if I get there really early ??

I don't think so. The reservations ran out didn't they which means every person has an allocated device. You can try but I think they'd say you have to get in the non-reservation queue.

Or call them now? They'l be able to advise.

adenbeckitt
Jun 23, 2010, 08:45 AM
So is that the only entrance that will be open? I was planning on getting on the first train which will be in at around 6:30am.

Ideas?

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 09:19 AM
So is that the only entrance that will be open? I was planning on getting on the first train which will be in at around 6:30am.

Ideas?

Well the doors near Yorkshire bank are getting opened at 4am incase anyone crazy wants to queue *cough me*. But i think they open all the centre doors at 6am anyway so you'd be fine.

You can call meadowhall help desk to confirm though.

adenbeckitt
Jun 23, 2010, 09:35 AM
thanks man :) i'll do that after the game, i'm watching it now.

On a side note, is there anyone near Hemsworth (such as wakefield, barnsley, doncaster etc) that are heading down real early that could give me a lift through? If not I'll have to get the train as I said.

Get in touch yeah :)

biohead
Jun 23, 2010, 09:47 AM
I'm in South Kirkby mate, possibly setting off around 6ish.

adenbeckitt
Jun 23, 2010, 09:54 AM
Cool, it's cheeky but would you be able to pick me up or would I have to go down to you? Still unsure what i'm doing at it's not good :P I need a solid plan.

Do you think we'll get one at that time? Or have you reserved?

biohead
Jun 23, 2010, 10:17 AM
If you can get to Tesco's I wouldn't have to go too far off then. About 5:50 if you need it?

I have reserved, so i'll be a bit angry if there isn't one left!

adenbeckitt
Jun 23, 2010, 10:29 AM
How many spaces do you have in the car? I've got a friend that wants to come with me, unsure why :P He likes iPhones I guess. It's not mega important that he comes but it'd be better.

I'm hoping to get one, not got a reservation. You going for 16 or 32gb?

Thanks alot for this, you're the best! :) I'd like to get there for 4am but there just isn't a way! :P

Again thanks, let me know.

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
I kind of hope someone is going at 4AM. Else it'l just be me and the security guards.

They better not mock my dedication :(

h3nry
Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
I kind of hope someone is going at 4AM. Else it'l just be me and the security guards.

They better not mock my dedication :(

Dont worry you wont be the only person. We are in the queue and have been here for 2 hours already :) Doors open at 4am, but you can start queuing behind us if you want :)

The Apple staff here are amazing. So friendly and helpful.

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 10:51 AM
Dont worry you wont be the only person. We are in the queue and have been here for 2 hours already :) Doors open at 4am, but you can start queuing behind us if you want :)

The Apple staff here are amazing. So friendly and helpful.

Your in the queue already? :O

How many people are there?

Chriiiiist i dont wanna be miles back in the queue :(

h3nry
Jun 23, 2010, 10:55 AM
We are on twitter for this so you can get us on http://twitter.com/h3nru

h3nry
Jun 23, 2010, 10:56 AM
Your in the queue already? :O

How many people are there?

Chriiiiist i dont wanna be miles back in the queue :(

At the moment just 2 of us. So no worries at the moment. Most people are saying 4am they will come down. But we thought we would come down and make sure that we made first in the line

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 AM
At the moment just 2 of us. So no worries at the moment. Most people are saying 4am they will come down. But we thought we would come down and make sure that we made first in the line

Good stuff! Ill follow you as soon as twitter stops fail whale'ing. Ill be there at 4am sharp

Im assuming well be queueing outside meadowhall so im hoping theres not a mad rush when the doors open and we keep the formation of the queue!

biohead
Jun 23, 2010, 11:05 AM
Jesus! Hope its not too bad a night for you!

I'm aiming to be there around half 6. Queue will probably be huuuuuuge by then (hope not though).

h3nry
Jun 23, 2010, 11:06 AM
Jesus! Hope its not too bad a night for you!

I'm aiming to be there around half 6. Queue will probably be huuuuuuge by then (hope not though).

See you in the morning Bio. Mines a coffee :P

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 11:09 AM
See you in the morning Bio. Mines a coffee :P

Think ill head out soon and grab some cereal bars or something for when i get hungry in the AM!

You guys managed to find a plug socket or is your battery going to last all night?

h3nry
Jun 23, 2010, 11:12 AM
Think ill head out soon and grab some cereal bars or something for when i get hungry in the AM!

You guys managed to find a plug socket or is your battery going to last all night?

Apple have been very kind to us and allowed us to sit in the door front and use their facilities. Nice one Apple!!!

18hrs of queuing is already taking its toll :P

Food needed but dont want to leave the front of the queue, ah well starve it is! :p

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 11:21 AM
Apple have been very kind to us and allowed us to sit in the door front and use their facilities. Nice one Apple!!!

18hrs of queuing is already taking its toll :P

Food needed but dont want to leave the front of the queue, ah well starve it is! :p

Well good luck trying to acquire food without moving! Just know im sat round the corner waiting until you move to steal your space ;)

So are you the reservation queue or the not reserved que? Want to make sure i join the right one!

adenbeckitt
Jun 23, 2010, 11:31 AM
bio, is there space for another in the car? My mate wants to come with.

Cheers

h3nry
Jun 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
We are in the reserved and the non reserved queues. No one else has joined as yet. To be honest, looking around on the net it looks like we might be some of the first in the UK to queue.

biohead
Jun 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
Aden: theres space for your mate, but he can only come if he pays for half my iphone ;)

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 11:42 AM
We are in the reserved and the non reserved queues. No one else has joined as yet. To be honest, looking around on the net it looks like we might be some of the first in the UK to queue.

Congratulations if you are!

Its annoying that they close the centre doors at all though, id be there earlier, just not midnight early :p

adenbeckitt
Jun 23, 2010, 11:48 AM
Aden: theres space for your mate, but he can only come if he pays for half my iphone ;)

haha, i seriously hope you're joking :P

mhuk01
Jun 23, 2010, 02:32 PM
just spoke to one of the staff on the phone, they said the store opens at 8 but is subject to change, hinting that it may be earlier. I rekon if there's a big enough queue they will open maybe at 7 or half past.

Should see you all down there about 4... are meadowhall keeping it open all night then?

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 03:06 PM
Right, im off to bed now to catch a few hours sleep so i don't feel terrible.

Ill see you guys in a few hours! Ill be wearing a grey tshirt with blue edges :)

adenbeckitt
Jun 23, 2010, 03:14 PM
bio, I've got someone that will take me through at like 3.30 :) So I should be there for 4! :)

But, could you possibly email me your number so that I could ring you in case he doesn't show?

[email removed]

telco*engineer
Jun 23, 2010, 03:26 PM
just spoke to one of the staff on the phone, they said the store opens at 8 but is subject to change, hinting that it may be earlier. I rekon if there's a big enough queue they will open maybe at 7 or half past.

Should see you all down there about 4... are meadowhall keeping it open all night then?

No someone else posted that the door on the first floor was opening at 4am

Nintendolinky
Jun 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
Have they moved you outside yet, I might come over. Ive just seen the CPW store stock list and apparently my store are not getting any, im getting worried i might not get one now, but then I always have my reservation at Apple.

telco*engineer
Jun 23, 2010, 03:59 PM
Have they moved you outside yet, I might come over. Ive just seen the CPW store stock list and apparently my store are not getting any, im getting worried i might not get one now, but then I always have my reservation at Apple.

Wont the oasis entrance stay open until about 1am ?

Nintendolinky
Jun 23, 2010, 04:01 PM
Wont the oasis entrance stay open until about 1am ?

I dont have a clue what time it will be open till

Ingster
Jun 23, 2010, 04:06 PM
I'll be there about quarter past 6 can't wait!!!

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
Well I'm queueing outside the side entrance door now. Lots of people and it's freezing and I have no jacket !!

telco*engineer
Jun 23, 2010, 10:12 PM
Well I'm queueing outside the side entrance door now. Lots of people and it's freezing and I have no jacket !!

Me too mate can't believe the queue must be 100 at 4 am!!!!!!!!

mhuk01
Jun 23, 2010, 10:44 PM

Likewise, although I'm right near the back.. Hopefully we'll get in soon!

telco*engineer
Jun 23, 2010, 10:51 PM
Likewise, although I'm right near the back.. Hopefully we'll get in soon!

Does it open at 7am ???

mhuk01
Jun 23, 2010, 10:57 PM
Does it open at 7am ???

Think so

Ol!ver
Jun 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
Think so

8 am as far as I know. Setting off shortly.

biohead
Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 PM
I'm guessing its a bit busy then? Someone at the Manchester Arndale one says there's only about 20 people waiting there.

They let you into the mall yet?

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
I'm guessing its a bit busy then? Someone at the Manchester Arndale one says there's only about 20 people waiting there.

They let you into the mall yet?

Yeah were in the centre now, we've been told it's opening at 7 now and there's about 70 or 80 people in the queue I guess.

Still as one queue though, haven't split yet.

biohead
Jun 23, 2010, 11:09 PM
See you in a little over an hour then guys.

10" Hackintosh is on standby ;)

whealey
Jun 23, 2010, 11:14 PM
In the queue, just inside the door. Less then 3 hours to go :-)

telco*engineer
Jun 23, 2010, 11:15 PM
Or 2 hours if it opens at 7!!!!!

whealey
Jun 23, 2010, 11:37 PM
I hope hope it does!!!

whealey
Jun 23, 2010, 11:55 PM
Official count - 90 people in the queue. Wonder how many more will show up, but more importantly, how many iPhones they have?!?!

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 24, 2010, 12:13 AM
We've moved forward. Third in line now behind @h3nru

telco*engineer
Jun 24, 2010, 12:13 AM
Official count - 90 people in the queue. Wonder how many more will show up, but more importantly, how many iPhones they have?!?!

Two queues now inside meadowhall!!!! opens at 7am

telco*engineer
Jun 24, 2010, 12:15 AM
We've moved forward. Third in line now behind @h3nru

Pre order line ?

mhuk01
Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 AM
8th in preorder line now

tungmeister
Jun 24, 2010, 12:20 AM
just joined the reservation queue, its not very long atall really

Ingster
Jun 24, 2010, 12:56 AM
Someone in the pre order queue just farted! Nice!!!!

the09factor
Jun 24, 2010, 01:11 AM
Anyone in the queue for a game of bogies?

Ingster
Jun 24, 2010, 01:18 AM
You go first

the09factor
Jun 24, 2010, 01:30 AM
You'd have to have a pretty loud opener for people to hear it over the hubbub. Which sorta defeats the object.

the09factor
Jun 24, 2010, 01:36 AM
Oh my god can we actually move sometime today please?

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 24, 2010, 02:08 AM
Sat at home with my iPhone 4.

The display is absolutely beautiful, was so exciting walking through the store hi-5'ing everyone :D

Queue was onto the carpark as I left, those guys will have a long long wait!

mhuk01
Jun 24, 2010, 02:15 AM
sat in the food court now syncing it all up - the screen is unbelievably crisp!

the queue is massive, hopefully everyone who wants one will get one!

the09factor
Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 AM
Apparently they are turning people away from joining the queue now.

Also apparently they are serving a ratio of 10:1 pre-orders to normal queuers...which roughly translates to having to wait an aeon to be served.

*disheartened*

taffowl
Jun 24, 2010, 02:30 AM
Apparently they are turning people away from joining the queue now.

Also apparently they are serving a ratio of 10:1 pre-orders to normal queuers...which roughly translates to having to wait an aeon to be served.

*disheartened*

Is that just the normal queue or the pre-order queue?

the09factor
Jun 24, 2010, 03:09 AM
Is that just the normal queue or the pre-order queue?

Both are dead-slow and stop to be honest.

The normal queue has had a few jumps forwards, which is nice, but we're just sat about for the moment again.

whealey
Jun 24, 2010, 05:46 AM
i woke up at 2am, got to meadowhall for 3am... when i arrived, the queue was outside and was about 40 people. at 4am, they let us go inside to the service corridor.

by the time they started letting people in at 7am, id say there were about 150-200 people queuing. i wasn't in the preordered queue so it took ages for us to get through.

i finally got through about 10am... they were really quick at serving us once we got in, i was about 15 minutes and i bought two 32gb ones.

when i left, i looked down the service corridor and it was still packed, queuing outside still. there are a lot of people in for a very very long wait im afraid!

sat at my desk at work, activated and synced. im going to have it set up as a new phone though, not backed up. the screen is amazing, the speed is awesome... the whole thing rocks. i cant wait to get home tonight and have a proper play with it, and set it up properly!

it was nice meeting everyone in the queue - good luck to everyone still waiting there!!!

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 24, 2010, 06:06 AM
i woke up at 2am, got to meadowhall for 3am... when i arrived, the queue was outside and was about 40 people. at 4am, they let us go inside to the service corridor.

by the time they started letting people in at 7am, id say there were about 150-200 people queuing. i wasn't in the preordered queue so it took ages for us to get through.

i finally got through about 10am... they were really quick at serving us once we got in, i was about 15 minutes and i bought two 32gb ones.

when i left, i looked down the service corridor and it was still packed, queuing outside still. there are a lot of people in for a very very long wait im afraid!

sat at my desk at work, activated and synced. im going to have it set up as a new phone though, not backed up. the screen is amazing, the speed is awesome... the whole thing rocks. i cant wait to get home tonight and have a proper play with it, and set it up properly!

it was nice meeting everyone in the queue - good luck to everyone still waiting there!!!

Was good to meet you too. Did Adam who was sat with us in the single line leave early then or did he stay to get his phone do you know?

whealey
Jun 24, 2010, 06:56 AM
im not too sure... he either left and is coming back tonight to pick it up, or he asked his friend to get it for him.

my new sim is now active and my phone 100% up and running! i love it, the text is so damn clear!!!

casjohnr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:31 AM
I'll be there about 6:30pm just window shopping though until I have some pennies!

Want to play with ipad too so killing two birds with one stone. Do they have the new Mac Minis yet?

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 24, 2010, 07:39 AM
im not too sure... he either left and is coming back tonight to pick it up, or he asked his friend to get it for him.

my new sim is now active and my phone 100% up and running! i love it, the text is so damn clear!!!

Sweet. I know, I was blown away by the clarity when I turned it on, so good!

whealey
Jun 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
no blotches on the screen matt? mine is crystal clear :-)

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 24, 2010, 08:21 AM
no blotches on the screen matt? mine is crystal clear :-)

Nope it's perfectly clear! I'm so scared of scratching it!

whealey
Jun 24, 2010, 08:26 AM
me too - its not going to leave my sight. kinda wish i got a case/bumper for it... but 25 for one of those is a lot.

I'm hoping someone like knomo will bring out a new one for the iphone 4... im sure they will, its just a matter of how long!

liamoblomy
Jun 24, 2010, 08:58 AM
anyone seen any pictures from the night? i know loads were taken.

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 24, 2010, 09:22 AM
anyone seen any pictures from the night? i know loads were taken.

I haven't, no. Would love to see a few pics.

I asked the apple store staff about their pictures and video content and apparently its for their internal use only :(

kopite19
Jun 24, 2010, 09:39 AM
My screen is crystal clear and it doesn't seem to be dropping signal when i hold it which is handy seeing as i'm left handed so always hold it that way....
queued for around 4 hours in total (got there just after 8am). Had a bit of banter with the staff and the guys i queued with, so all in all, not a bad experience.

whealey
Jun 24, 2010, 10:37 AM
anyone else from the pre-4am crowd starting to feel tired now? ive been up since 2am and only had 3 hours sleep last night... going to have to leave work soon, im getting pretty exhausted!

whealey
Jun 24, 2010, 10:50 AM
looks like you are all probably asleep! hehe!

Sdancott
Jun 24, 2010, 11:06 AM
I was at meadowhall today. A big "well done" to the apple staff. Some peeps at the front of the walk-in line were getting a little 'shirty' with the staff over the reservation queue moving faster. Not cool man.

Ol!ver
Jun 24, 2010, 11:29 AM
I was at meadowhall today. A big "well done" to the apple staff. Some peeps at the front of the walk-in line were getting a little 'shirty' with the staff over the reservation queue moving faster. Not cool man.

Yeah, we were stood opposite the muppets. Please God tell me the won't reproduce!

tezmo
Jun 24, 2010, 01:38 PM
a few pics :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianhand/sets/72157624224317623/

jhill89
Jun 24, 2010, 03:25 PM
Meadowhall had the launch organised really well. Free Starbucks coffee and biscuits, mini-donuts, chocolate fudge brownies and water etc made the 3 hours queueing totally worth it. And the Apple staff were awesome as well :)

Ol!ver
Jun 24, 2010, 06:36 PM

Aww, reckon I was about three people back from a couple of those!

Matt.Cheetham
Jun 25, 2010, 08:13 AM

Haha great. I'm third in the reserved line and I look a right idiot haha

Catdogchicken
Sep 14, 2011, 12:26 AM
To bump an old thread..... But

time is getting close for the iPhone 5. Prepping for the launch queue. Any takers again?