PDA

View Full Version : King of Prussia, PA (Apple Store)

SonoViva
Jun 8, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'll be there June 24th to pick up my pre-ordered iPhone 4! Also bringing my girlfriend who's getting her first iPhone ever! :apple:

Who else is planning on going to KoP?

CKtoph
Jun 15, 2010, 06:31 PM
Just got my order reservation to go through...I'll be there wearing my "This is my grumpy shirt" :p

ashmarie73
Jun 15, 2010, 09:13 PM
ill be there!! most likely fried to a crisp since.. ill be coming home from the beach! lol :p

NachoGrande
Jun 16, 2010, 05:47 AM
I have a reservation for the KOP store. I bet it will be worse than the 3g launch.

CKtoph
Jun 16, 2010, 06:01 AM
Hmmm, maybe I won't be wearing my t-shirt since I'll have to go straight to work after.

For those of you that went to the other iPhone launches at KOP, how early did you go? Will the mall even let you in before 7am?

viademarco
Jun 16, 2010, 10:25 AM
I plan to pick mine up after work that day.

Unless I start feeling froggy and decide to get in line. I would need to know more of how the mall and apple will handle the lines and entry. Should be interesting.

Only enough I kind of enjoy the line waiting. You meet some new people and some you wish you didn't meet.:D

NachoGrande
Jun 16, 2010, 01:44 PM
I went to the the 3G launch @ KoP around 10am. I waited in line for 6+ hours while they activated the phones :( They finally gave up and tolds us to activate them when we get home. I think they even had a hard time processing credit cards too :(

m1stake
Jun 16, 2010, 05:11 PM
I pre-ordered upstairs at the AT&T store, because I wasn't sure if Apple would be able to apply an employee discount that I qualify for through a retailer. Not waiting in line because I have work (Even if I didn't, standing in line is boring), but I'll probably stop by after 5PM. The AT&T representative said they would call me, so I guess I'll have to wait for that.

CKtoph
Jun 17, 2010, 07:30 AM
Maybe I'll call the Apple store today to see when they're planning on opening the mall. It would be hilarious if they said they're opening the mall at 7am with a mad rush of people running to the store once the doors open...

iWantiPhone
Jun 17, 2010, 01:27 PM
Maybe I'll call the Apple store today to see when they're planning on opening the mall. It would be hilarious if they said they're opening the mall at 7am with a mad rush of people running to the store once the doors open...

...thats how it was last year.

elephunkman
Jun 17, 2010, 03:38 PM
I'm debating on whether to go here or Ardmore since I will want to visit because I am getting it delivered to my home and want to see how the lines are.

Blorzoga
Jun 17, 2010, 09:56 PM
...thats how it was last year.

Was there a line outside the mall before they opened the doors? You could really be screwed if you waited at the wrong mall door.

CKtoph
Jun 18, 2010, 06:13 AM
That main entrance where Citizen's Bank is and the walk through from the Plaza to the Court would be the logical entrance. Unless it's so crowded that it may be better just to go in from the Rite Aid side (if they even decide to open that door).

deenybird
Jun 18, 2010, 07:32 PM
Who's going to be there the night before? The KoP mall is just too popular to attempt a 6am arrival. They'll be hundreds there already.
In fact I can't guess how early you'd have to be there to be first in line.
I'd have to be out of there by 1pm and I just don't know if that's a guarantee no matter how early I get there....

projectgotham
Jun 18, 2010, 07:58 PM
Do you guys think the reserved line will take long?

jones.brian25
Jun 18, 2010, 11:30 PM
have my reservation there. no clue how early i need to show up. would like to be early. even with a reservation, i don't want to be there all day, even though i took off of work.

Mherm88
Jun 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
I was thinking of getting there by 5am with a couple friends, one of them has to be at work by 7:30 or not long after, think he'll make it? Maybe I'll go earlier, what was the earliest people were lined up last year?

projectgotham
Jun 19, 2010, 07:21 AM
I was thinking of getting there by 5am with a couple friends, one of them has to be at work by 7:30 or not long after, think he'll make it? Maybe I'll go earlier, what was the earliest people were lined up last year?

That's what I'm concerned about. Ugh! :(

Mherm88
Jun 19, 2010, 07:25 AM
That's what I'm concerned about. Ugh! :(

I'm cool with getting there at like midnight or 2 am, I just want to know if there is any point to go at that time.

elephunkman
Jun 19, 2010, 07:59 AM
I might be hitting here or Ardmore at 11pm

Blorzoga
Jun 19, 2010, 09:07 AM
I might be hitting here or Ardmore at 11pm

If you've already preordered, why are you going to either location, just so you can pat yourself on the back that you preordered instead of reserved?

Blorzoga
Jun 19, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'll be there June 24th to pick up my pre-ordered iPhone 4! Also bringing my girlfriend who's getting her first iPhone ever! :apple:

Who else is planning on going to KoP?

Cool, is she hot?

jones.brian25
Jun 19, 2010, 09:38 PM
maybe we can get a group together here to meet in KOP at Midnight. i don't mind waiting all night but i don't want to be there alone (though i doubt that will be the case anyway) and maybe we can come up with a plan to bring certain things (snacks, drinks, etc). i know it sounds dorky but its a thought

Blorzoga
Jun 20, 2010, 08:27 AM
I think midnight is too early. A bunch of us are coming at about 5 to watch the sunrise and do an iPhone dance. Should be a blast.

Mherm88
Jun 20, 2010, 03:58 PM
I think midnight is too early. A bunch of us are coming at about 5 to watch the sunrise and do an iPhone dance. Should be a blast.

Yea I'm thinking of getting there around 5 with a couple friends

skulkingghost
Jun 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
I have a friend who works in the mall, so I am hoping to go in early early with him, then walk over and be in front of the store before they even get the official doors open, who knows if that will work though.

//Edit Im not, Ill be outside with the rest of you!

cowardly
Jun 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
Unfortunately none of my friends are tech-lovers. I'm crazy about the iPhone. I'm willing to get there the night before if I can find company. Send me a private message and also leave your phone number.

And I like the idea of assigning people to bring different necessities... such as snacks, drinks etc. I'd love to be a part of that. Send me a private message.

Thanks.

winks360
Jun 20, 2010, 08:25 PM
Is there an official place outside the mall that the line will start? Or is kop going to let people in all night to wait in the mall? Thhat would be the smartest. I am game for making it a party. What does everybody like? :D

Blorzoga
Jun 20, 2010, 08:54 PM
I have a friend who works in the mall, so I am hoping to go in early early with him, then walk over and be in front of the store before they even get the official doors open, who knows if that will work though.

If you're waiting at the front of the store when the crowd of people that has been waiting outside all night comes to take their rightful place in line, you better watch out.

lulla01
Jun 21, 2010, 07:08 AM
The mall has a few locations carrying Phone
I got my 3gs from AT&T last year like 15 people in line I was in and out in 30 mins while the apple store had lots of people for days. Best buy is right across the street as well. You can really go to a few places I'm thinking of going there around 430 or 5 if anyone wants to meet up for a coffee or smoke PM me

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 21, 2010, 08:29 AM
I'd like to say that I'm living in fear of what could transpire Thursday.

I'm making plans to have friends there that excel in sprinting and also treachery come with me.

With that said, what is the point of getting there before 6 or even 7am? Unless Apple gives out numbers at the mall entrance, or everyone gets in a line and walks single file to the Apple Store when the doors open: it's going to be a full on sprint to the store.

Right?

At that point, it's going to come down to who is a faster runner/better tripper.

NachoGrande
Jun 21, 2010, 08:35 AM
I really don't think they would allow it to be a mad rush to the Apple store. After the Wal-Mart black Friday stampede I think there is just too much liability for this.

That being said, I'm working on my cardio today ;)

hottoq
Jun 21, 2010, 09:03 AM
You guys realize that they're gonna have 1,000+ phones available for the non-preorders, right? As long as you get there by, say, 9am, you are pretty much guaranteed to get one. No reason to get there super early, and no reason to have a mad dash to the store when the doors open. The only thing you get out of being towards the front of the line is the opportunity to get out of there sooner.

And nerdcast, I hope you're joking about the tripping thing, as you will get knocked the **** out :)

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 21, 2010, 09:05 AM
You guys realize that they're gonna have 1,000+ phones available for the non-preorders, right? As long as you get there by, say, 9am, you are pretty much guaranteed to get one. No reason to get there super early, and no reason to have a mad dash to the store when the doors open. The only thing you get out of being towards the front of the line is the opportunity to get out of there sooner.

I have work at 10am, so I've been perfecting my Sleep Hold on various newbz. Keep an eye out for my Face of Doom. -> www.twitter.com/slim (http://twitter.com/slim)

And nerdcast, I hope you're joking about the tripping thing, as you will get knocked the **** out

My chin is chizzled out of ham. Much like that of the finest athletes in the World Wrestling Entertainment.

Blorzoga
Jun 21, 2010, 11:30 AM
I stopped in at the KOP Apple store this morning and learned the following:

The mall will open its doors at 6

The store will be getting enough inventory to cover all reservations and some walkins

They will cut off the line in the evening when it becomes clear that there will not be enough time to activate phones for everyone in line

There is no guarantee that all reservations will get a phone (I know this contradicts what I just said, but that's what one of the guys I spoke to mentioned, I think they're just saying anything could happen)

There will not be any apple employees proctoring the line before 7

THERE WILL BE NO WHITE IPHONES

All of you holding out hope that there will be a few whites available on launch day are just kidding yourselves. Regardless of what you may have mistakenly pre-ordered, there will not be any whites released until later this summer, none.

NachoGrande
Jun 21, 2010, 11:35 AM

The store will be getting enough inventory to cover all reservations and some walkins

They will cut off the line in the evening when it becomes clear that there will not be enough time to activate phones for everyone in line

There is no guarantee that all reservations will get a phone (I know this contradicts what I just said, but that's what one of the guys I spoke to mentioned, I think they're just saying anything could happen)

All of you holding out hope that there will be a few whites available on launch day are just kidding yourselves. Regardless of what you may have mistakenly pre-ordered, there will not be any whites released until later this summer, none.

Cool! Thanks for the recon! :)

ETA: did they say if there would be two lines?

viademarco
Jun 21, 2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks for this, looks like a lunch trip to get my reserved phone.

CKtoph
Jun 21, 2010, 12:39 PM

I think they're just covering their bases in case they are short on supply for whatever the reason.

And I'm glad someone got some reasonable answers. The kid I spoke with on Saturday had absolutely no idea of anything.

dsn112
Jun 21, 2010, 01:15 PM
I think they're just covering their bases in case they are short on supply for whatever the reason.

And I'm glad someone got some reasonable answers. The kid I spoke with on Saturday had absolutely no idea of anything.

They don't know anything. The pretty much find out a few hours before what the deal is. Employees saying things like what was said above are just creating more hype like apple wants.

I have been to 2 of 3 launch days, and not once have I seen a shortage of phones. This happens every year and every year there are plenty of phones available at apple stores.

jorsuss
Jun 21, 2010, 04:31 PM

I'm sure there will be people waiting before 6. Which door do you wait at? Will there be a race to the store?

Blorzoga
Jun 21, 2010, 08:09 PM
Cool! Thanks for the recon! :)

ETA: did they say if there would be two lines?

According to the reminder email that people with reservations received today, there will be two lines. One for walkups and one for reservations.

Blorzoga
Jun 21, 2010, 08:14 PM
I'm sure there will be people waiting before 6. Which door do you wait at? Will there be a race to the store?

The closest door is the entrance next to Neiman Marcus across from the court. I'm hoping it turns out that everyone waits at this door and the guards open this door first. If people are scattered at different doors and the guards open others first it could really be a nightmare. The door by Neiman Marcus is the most logical waiting place. You walk straight in turn right and its down on the left.

Blorzoga
Jun 21, 2010, 08:16 PM
Of these folks who are planning on arriving very early or even overnight, do you have a reservation or not?

winks360
Jun 21, 2010, 08:34 PM

I think we can all be mature enough to keep the line in the order of first come first serve if we all go in through the crosswalk entrance.

http://www.kingofprussiamall.com/store.php?id=185

But if we go in and turn that corner in the mall and see others approaching the apple store from a different entrance I think it will be a cluster**** :rolleyes:

You just think that after a few years of this that kop would just let us wait inside overnight so there is not a mob of people running through the mall.

jorsuss
Jun 21, 2010, 09:30 PM
This is why I would consider going to the ardmore store since it is outdoors

hottoq
Jun 22, 2010, 09:50 AM
At the iPad launch back in April, only the door up by that Ruby's diner was opened at 6am. The one at the crosswalk was *not* opened - or at least it didn't get opened right away. Security guards drive around the perimeter of the mall at night, just stop one of them and ask which door to wait at.

The best solution is to call KOP information and ask them which door to wait at - and whether the security will try to make the whole thing orderly / try to avoid a stampede. If you get a chance, call and see what they say, then post here. If enough of us call, maybe KOP security will try to plan ahead for this and take it more seriously.

I'd much prefer to have a line form outside that stays the same once we get inside. Would be a real shame to have someone get hurt or have their iPad get broken :)

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
Regardless, I'll be warming up my calves.

Blorzoga
Jun 22, 2010, 12:32 PM
At the iPad launch back in April, only the door up by that Ruby's diner was opened at 6am. The one at the crosswalk was *not* opened - or at least it didn't get opened right away. Security guards drive around the perimeter of the mall at night, just stop one of them and ask which door to wait at.

The best solution is to call KOP information and ask them which door to wait at - and whether the security will try to make the whole thing orderly / try to avoid a stampede. If you get a chance, call and see what they say, then post here. If enough of us call, maybe KOP security will try to plan ahead for this and take it more seriously.

I'd much prefer to have a line form outside that stays the same once we get inside. Would be a real shame to have someone get hurt or have their iPad get broken :)

If that's the case, then it's gonna be f'd up. The entrance near Ruby's couldn't be farther from the Apple Store, and it's upstairs. You'll have people falling down steps and escalators. If security has any sense, they'd open the crosswalk door first, even if it's not their normal routine. Anything else will turn into chaos and will be much more work for them.

Does anyone have a phone number for mall security?

Blorzoga
Jun 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
Here are the numbers. Everyone should call them and persuade them to open the crosswalk door first.

Mall Office: 610.265.5794
Mall Security: 610.265.7695
After Hours Security: 610.992.9720

Blorzoga
Jun 22, 2010, 01:15 PM
And as you might guess, security at KOP told me that they will be opening the doors at 6, all at the same time. He then added that there are only a couple of people actually opening the doors. I mentioned that if they don't open the door that most people are waiting at (which I assume will be the crosswalk entrance), there will be people running all over the mall to get in line. Naturally, his response was that "anyone that is running all over the mall will b ejected from the property". So, unless everyone waiting can agree to wait at the same door, it's going to be bedlam. I only wish I had gotten a reservation from Ardmore.

jorsuss
Jun 22, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hello Jordan,
Thank you for your question.
The mall doors will open at 6:00 am on Thursday, June 24th. Generally, the
mall entrance by the Right Aid Pharmacy is the preferred entrance to use
during an event such as this.
I hope this information is helpful.
Sincerely,
Bill Fulton
Customer Relations Manager
King of Prussia Mall

hottoq
Jun 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
I e-mailed KOP customer relations for more information, this is the response I just got back:

Yes, the mall doors will be open at 6:00 am on Thursday, June 24th. As with
previous Apple store promotions, the store staff and Mall Public Safety
will arrange the lines going into the store. The process is quite orderly
and efficient for the Apple store. You best bet is to use the mall
entrance by the Right Aid Pharmacy and proceed down the mall corridor
toward the Apple store.
Sincerely,
Bill Fulton
King of Prussia Mall

I e-mailed back asking if it's possible to arrange it so only one door gets opened at 6am, will let everyone know if he responds.

Definitely a good idea for as many people as possible to call/e-mail these questions, the more people who bug them, the more likely they are to get this thing more organized (I hope...).

Blorzoga
Jun 22, 2010, 03:56 PM
I guess Neiman Marcus doesn't want all the riff-raff camped out in front of their store.

sparky20
Jun 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hey, Mherm88 or anyone else. I am planning on going around 10-12 pm weds. If anyone wants to meet up give me an email at randyschaffer20@gmail.com. I'm going to ardmore because its not a mall, you wait at a front door. Contact me a.s.a.p.

CKtoph
Jun 22, 2010, 04:46 PM
I e-mailed KOP customer relations for more information, this is the response I just got back:

I e-mailed back asking if it's possible to arrange it so only one door gets opened at 6am, will let everyone know if he responds.

Definitely a good idea for as many people as possible to call/e-mail these questions, the more people who bug them, the more likely they are to get this thing more organized (I hope...).

Good stuff fellas. Good job keeping things sane (or hopefully so).

pradeepgj
Jun 22, 2010, 06:20 PM
I will probably go after work, may be around 5.
Every one who has reserved will try to be at the store early in the morning and then go to work. Thats not gonna work for me...

jones.brian25
Jun 22, 2010, 06:30 PM
i think i am going to drive up to KOP a lil after midnight and seethe situation. i see a line and i am parking!!

Blorzoga
Jun 22, 2010, 08:12 PM
i think i am going to drive up to KOP a lil after midnight and seethe situation. i see a line and i am parking!!

You'll definitely see a line

baikens89
Jun 23, 2010, 06:42 AM
I called KOP today and talked with Ms. Coleman...nice lady. Anyways, she said I can go to any door because the mall opens around 5:30-6 anyways. I told her I wasn't familiar with the mall so I wasn't sure which door was the closest, she told me to go to the doors by Rite-Aid.

I didn't think those were the closest doors, but I guess we will see everyone there.

CKtoph
Jun 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
I called KOP today and talked with Ms. Coleman...nice lady. Anyways, she said I can go to any door because the mall opens around 5:30-6 anyways. I told her I wasn't familiar with the mall so I wasn't sure which door was the closest, she told me to go to the doors by Rite-Aid.

I didn't think those were the closest doors, but I guess we will see everyone there.

Problem is, I get the feeling that anyone not reading these forums and planning on going in the morning will go to the main entrance where the crosswalk is. If there is a large group of people there, security MIGHT decide that it's in their best interest to open that door first. We need some kind of assurance that regardless of the crowd at whatever door, the "Rite Aid" door will be opened first.

hottoq
Jun 23, 2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah, that's the big problem. If you get there early, I'd strongly recommend flagging down one of the security guards driving around and asking them what entrance to wait at and get a personal assurance that they'll open that door first.

hottoq
Jun 23, 2010, 08:36 AM
Just got a response:

We understand your concern and we also appreciate it as well. We have
talked with our Public Safety Department and there will be a directive
presence in the mall during this time. Fortunately, the mall does have
experience with large events such as this. (Celebrity book signings,
appearances etc.) So, we are confident that the Apple store events will
proceed in a safe and orderly fashion.
Thank you again for your feedback and have a great day!

So, in other words, they are for some reason completely unwilling to open just one door and that's it. No freaking clue why they WOULDN'T want to do this. Makes all the sense in the world.

I should just hire a couple hobos to wait at each entrance for me.

Mherm88
Jun 23, 2010, 08:39 AM
Hey, Mherm88 or anyone else. I am planning on going around 10-12 pm weds. If anyone wants to meet up give me an email at randyschaffer20@gmail.com. I'm going to ardmore because its not a mall, you wait at a front door. Contact me a.s.a.p.

My reservation is at KOP because that's where my friends and I have our reservation.

@Everyone Else: I'll probably get to the mall around 5:45a and I'll try to get in somewhere then or flag down security and ask where to go if the doors aren't open yet. Also, in the reservation email it said there will be a separate line for reservations (and I'm assuming pre-orders will be included in that) and for others just waiting without a pre-order or reservation, so hopefully this will keep things organized and quick.

Once I find out about which door to go to tomorrow morning from security, I'll post in here to let everyone know, so check here before you get to the mall.

Mherm88
Jun 23, 2010, 08:51 AM

Ugh I don't know what to do, would you want to just meet up there a little after midnight and we'll start the line or get in line if it's already there?

baikens89
Jun 23, 2010, 08:52 AM
I also wrote them an email and this is the response I got...

Thank you for your question.
The mall doors open at 6:00 am. You can use either the entrance by Citizens
Bank or the entrance by Rite Aid both located on the lower level of the
mall. The Apple store will have barricades arranged in front of their store
in order to maintain an orderly entrance into the store.
Sincerely,
Bill Fulton
King of Prussia Mall

I wrote him back and asked if there would be a system from the mall doors to the apple store. I will respond back when he writes back.

njn007
Jun 23, 2010, 08:55 AM
You can use either the entrance by Citizens
Bank or the entrance by Rite Aid both located on the lower level of the
mall. The Apple store will have barricades arranged in front of their store
in order to maintain an orderly entrance into the store.

Good to get a good response like that. I wish you all luck. I had planned on venturing down 422 to meet with all of you, but I decided to get it shipped (Apple wouldn't take my order until late Wednesday because I'm an AT&T Premier customer).

This is my first post too! I've been on here too long and decided to finally register!

XAlliedYouthX
Jun 23, 2010, 08:58 AM
What I was told about what entrance to use from KoP:

Your best bet is to arrive at the Rite Aid entrance or the Citizens Bank
entrance located on the lower level of the mall. These entrances are the
closest to the Apple Store and you will be able to enter the secured line
into the store from there.
Bill...

CKtoph
Jun 23, 2010, 08:58 AM
Ugh I don't know what to do, would you want to just meet up there a little after midnight and we'll start the line or get in line if it's already there?

Come on guys...No need to get there THAT early. Sleep in your beds and let's get there at 5:45am :P

And let's keep things civil tomorrow morning!

baikens89
Jun 23, 2010, 09:01 AM
There will be an orderly system of entry into the Apple Store. There will
be stanchions/barricades lined down the one side of the mall corridor
leading to the Apple Store. The Apple Store staff also assists in
"signing-in" customers as they wait in line. I agree, it should be a large
event, but the Apple store and the mall have a solid, orderly system in
place.
Take care,
Bill...

Doesn't sound too much like a secure plan to me, but it is what it is. Like CKtoph said...stay in your beds for a bit and keep it civilized.

njn007
Jun 23, 2010, 09:02 AM
Come on guys...No need to get there THAT early. Sleep in your beds and let's get there at 5:45am :P

Do you know how much fun we could have if we got there early? We could all share our lovely Apple stories. I have great stories about the "lovely" employees at the KOP store (hint: they involve broken credit card machines, printers with no toner, and more!).

Mherm88
Jun 23, 2010, 09:04 AM

I'm being plenty civil lol I just don't have **** else to do, so why not go hangout!? haha

njn007
Jun 23, 2010, 09:09 AM
Here is a question for you guys that will be attending (see my other reply for why I won't be attending):

Which news station do you think will be there?

My guess is WPVI. They covered the opening of the Philadelphia Premium Outlets for like 4 days. Matt O'Donnell is probably extremely excited about the new iPhone 4. He might even buy one with you guys!

Mherm88
Jun 23, 2010, 09:11 AM
Here is a question for you guys that will be attending (see my other reply for why I won't be attending):

My guess is WPVI. They covered the opening of the Philadelphia Premium Outlets for like 4 days. Matt O'Donnell is probably extremely excited about the new iPhone 4. He might even buy one with you guys!

Yea, I'd say WPVI is a definite, probably CBS3 Eyewitness too

CKtoph
Jun 23, 2010, 09:22 AM
Yea, I'd say WPVI is a definite, probably CBS3 Eyewitness too

I think all the major news outlets will definitely be somewhere. They'll probably just go where the longest lines are. I would add NBC10 to that list, since they are located off City Ave, it would be easy for them to head down 76 to KOP.

RubxQub
Jun 23, 2010, 09:47 AM
I called up the mall and didn't get any kind of indication that they were going to be opening one door as the main door, just a general recommendation that the Citizen's Bank/Neiman Marcus/Crosswalk entrance is the closest.

I see some folks saying they are going to be using the Rite Aid entrance, though...

UGH!

Blorzoga
Jun 23, 2010, 09:55 AM
It's going to be a mess. Just imagine if there are equal sized lines at each door and one is opened before the other. One group will get screwed. I don't want to have to pick a door and then worry that it will be opened second. The best situation would be if everyone consolidated at one entrance, but something tells me that won't happen.

anng12
Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 AM

Ardmore has WPVI.

Im thinking KOP gets NBC10

hottoq
Jun 23, 2010, 10:03 AM
Anyone tried calling the store to see if they'll say what their inventory levels will be for the non-preorders?

RubxQub
Jun 23, 2010, 10:04 AM
Anyone tried calling the store to see if they'll say what their inventory levels will be for the non-preorders?

I did about 20 mins ago and they can't confirm what they're going to get.

Mherm88
Jun 23, 2010, 10:18 AM
I did about 20 mins ago and they can't confirm what they're going to get.

I knew they wouldn't tell, they more than likely already have them seeing as people started getting their iPhones delivered to their houses already :(

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
I'm in line outside of Rite-Aid right now, suckers.

I'll be in the ballin' electric security cart catching a cat-nap.

anng12
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm in line outside of Rite-Aid right now, suckers.

I'll be in the ballin' electric security cart catching a cat-nap.

Pics of line so we know when to come get in line?

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 AM

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/BDD_tumbleweed_head_perfectuk.jpg

Blorzoga
Jun 23, 2010, 11:05 AM
http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/BDD_tumbleweed_head_perfectuk.jpg

Something tells me you're used to being in that position.

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 23, 2010, 11:07 AM
Something tells me you're used to being in that position.

If that was a not-so-thinly-veiled sexual reference, then yes. Yes, I am accustomed to that position.

deenybird
Jun 23, 2010, 11:09 AM

yea if you're really in line then let's see some pictures.

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 23, 2010, 11:15 AM
yea if you're really in line then let's see some pictures.

I'm not in line. I thought the sarcasm was pretty heavy.

I'll be there at 5am-ish tomorrow morning, looking for a dance-fight. I only dance fight.

winks360
Jun 23, 2010, 01:37 PM
So i stopped at the mall today and was asking about the line. The manager said that they tried to work with mall magament but they have a strict no loridering policy and that they would even be shoeing people away from the doors. :confused: and as far as which door will be open first, it depends on the guard on duty.

Heres to a party in the parking lot :rolleyes: and a night of angry mall cops. :p

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 01:40 PM
Well I'm not doing anything so I still think I would cruise up there and see what's happening. If it's light than I will sleep but the latest I'm showing up is 4. I remember waiting out for the wii and that was a lot of fun. I was freezing but the people there were funny and it felt goodto know there ate bigger nerds than me put there.

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 06:18 PM
It's going to be a mess. Just imagine if there are equal sized lines at each door and one is opened before the other. One group will get screwed. I don't want to have to pick a door and then worry that it will be opened second. The best situation would be if everyone consolidated at one entrance, but something tells me that won't happen.

i second this thought. i guess KOP has a plan but all i can see is a big mess.

Blorzoga
Jun 23, 2010, 06:48 PM
I just called security and they said that no one would be allowed to wait outside?! Is anyone there right now? Any recon reports?

Blorzoga
Jun 23, 2010, 07:03 PM
I just called security again and was told that they are not allowing anyone "on property" until the mall opens at six. I asked if people would be allowed to wait in their cars in the parking lot and she said no and added that they had already made some people leave from a line that was forming. What a total cluster fuuck!

njn007
Jun 23, 2010, 07:12 PM
I just called security again and was told that they are not allowing anyone "on property" until the mall opens at six. I asked if people would be allowed to wait in their cars in the parking lot and she said no and added that they had already made some people leave from a line that was forming. What a total cluster fuuck!

Not surprised. The store is in a mall, a mall full of very high priced items.
I don't think they can kick you out because you are in your car, that's ridiculous. I understand not letting you in the mall until 6, but I don't know why you can't park outside until 6.

Not surprised that people tried to form a line already either.

Blorzoga
Jun 23, 2010, 07:17 PM
Not surprised. The store is in a mall, a mall full of very high priced items.
I don't think they can kick you out because you are in your car, that's ridiculous. I understand not letting you in the mall until 6, but I don't know why you can't park outside until 6.

Not surprised that people tried to form a line already either.

What to do? I have a reservation at Kop and was planning on arriving around 4, but will I get kicked off property, will I know which door to wait at. Is there any parking lot nearby that I won't get chased off of. What a mess.

deenybird
Jun 23, 2010, 07:22 PM
We need to hear from someone who went through this for the 3GS. I know there was a line before opening then.... how did it go?
BTW, good recon work so far guys, calling the mall and security etc

elephunkman
Jun 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
Why not park in the lot across near best buy or in those garages near the mall?

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 08:13 PM
we should all just book a few rooms at the holiday inn across the street lol.

can you igmagine at like 5:45, hundred of cars and people running to the front door at one time? yikes.

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 08:20 PM

KOP PARKING LOT AT 6AM:D

CKtoph
Jun 23, 2010, 08:22 PM
Well, see you guys at 6am. :apple:

njn007
Jun 23, 2010, 08:25 PM

KOP PARKING LOT AT 6AM:D

Love the photo.

If you haven't read my earlier reply, I sadly will not be joining those of you attending. I preordered mine on Wednesday (day 2). It claims it'll be shipping by July 14th, even though an Apple support dude said it would likely be before that date (good to hear).

I just didn't feel like going down the good 'ol 422 (bad enough every day as is) and know that the parking lot will be as bad as shown above :(

skulkingghost
Jun 23, 2010, 08:30 PM
Anyone planning on getting there uber early? I am, Ill try and bring a macrumors forums sign so we can do a meet up.

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 08:51 PM
Anyone planning on getting there uber early? I am, Ill try and bring a macrumors forums sign so we can do a meet up.

what time and where?

skulkingghost
Jun 23, 2010, 08:54 PM
Ill be there by 415am sitting in a chair with my ipad looking lonely. Haha look for the nerd wearing the robot tshirt.

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 08:57 PM
Ill be there by 415am sitting in a chair with my ipad looking lonely. Haha look for the nerd wearing the robot tshirt.

in the parking lot? i think security will kick you out

skulkingghost
Jun 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
yes I will be, I uess we will see, my friend works for the apple store, so I am chilling with him for a bit before his shift starts again

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 09:04 PM
yes I will be, I uess we will see, my friend works for the apple store, so I am chilling with him for a bit before his shift starts again

guess i will see ou there, i will be the 32 year old with a spiderman shirt

i just out-nerded you lol

ashmarie73
Jun 23, 2010, 09:04 PM

well tell him the chick that spent her whole day, last Friday, at the flipping store...STILL is having issues with syncing my phone!!! freaking itunes "doesnt support this sim" WTF is that@!!@

im sooo freaking annoyed!! and if i dont have something to keep myself occupied whiled sitting in line tomorrow... i will not be a happy girl!!

:) have fun with the mall cops!

skulkingghost
Jun 23, 2010, 09:11 PM
guess i will see ou there, i will be the 32 year old with a spiderman shirt

i just out-nerded you lol

just for that Ill have to wear sandals with socks.

skulkingghost
Jun 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
well tell him the chick that spent her whole day, last Friday, at the flipping store...STILL is having issues with syncing my phone!!! freaking itunes "doesnt support this sim" WTF is that@!!@

im sooo freaking annoyed!! and if i dont have something to keep myself occupied whiled sitting in line tomorrow... i will not be a happy girl!!

:) have fun with the mall cops!

http://iphoners.org/itunes-thesimcard-inserted-in-this-iphone-doesnot-appear-tobe-supported/

THat should fix your issue.

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
just for that Ill have to wear sandals with socks.

you win lol

baikens89
Jun 23, 2010, 10:14 PM
anyone there yet?

skulkingghost
Jun 23, 2010, 10:21 PM
Just called my friend, him and I have been texting back and forth all night, he says there are around 20 people already waiting in their car at 10:30pm.

samfilms
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
I just got back from King of Prussia .

Mall Security will not let anyone near anything and if they see people they will remove them from the parking lot.

Your best bet is to get there by 5 . Cops apparently will be there and so will apples private security. Any one caught running will be kicked out of the mall. Reservations will go first and then walk ins .

Around 5 to 5 30 should be fine as long as everyone is orderly.

If you have a reservation then you should be fine.

lulla01
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
i will be partying in my car all night!

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
guess i am getting there at 5

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 10:46 PM
are we still clueless what do to go in? where is everyone parked at?

deenybird
Jun 23, 2010, 10:48 PM
Yea where are people parked and are they in any sort of 'line'?

skulkingghost
Jun 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
Yea where are people parked and are they in any sort of 'line'?

My friend (the apple store emp) said that when he arrived they were parked in front of the nordstroms.

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 PM
My friend (the apple store emp) said that when he arrived they were parked in front of the nordstroms.

isnt that on the other side of the mall??

Blorzoga
Jun 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
I think they will open the double doors by the transportation ctr first. That's where all the workouts taking ten bus will arrive.

jones.brian25
Jun 23, 2010, 11:34 PM
I think they will open the double doors by the transportation ctr first. That's where all the workouts taking ten bus will arrive.

thats the door that is normally opened first. will they change protocall for apple?

deenybird
Jun 23, 2010, 11:59 PM
You mean the one the covered walkway leads up to?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
where all the buses go

lulla01
Jun 24, 2010, 12:08 AM
best place to go is citizens bank entrance

gonna arrive around 5

elephunkman
Jun 24, 2010, 12:15 AM
Anyone know if they'll let regular people in to buy accessories?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 12:23 AM
Anyone know if they'll let regular people in to buy accessories?

that place will be a mad house. i would wait on that

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 12:23 AM
best place to go is citizens bank entrance

gonna arrive around 5

why is that?

ashmarie73
Jun 24, 2010, 12:28 AM
http://iphoners.org/itunes-thesimcard-inserted-in-this-iphone-doesnot-appear-tobe-supported/

THat should fix your issue.

so far no go.. FML

deenybird
Jun 24, 2010, 12:31 AM
Is anyone starting a line right outside the property, where the mall cops jurisdiction ends?

try2cope
Jun 24, 2010, 01:02 AM
any updates on meeting up at the mall? anyone there now?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 01:13 AM
how many of you guys will be up all night?

kc65536
Jun 24, 2010, 01:52 AM
how many of you guys will be up all night?

I am. Not leaving my house yet

viademarco
Jun 24, 2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks to everyone for the early scout work. I now plan to show up around 5:15-5:30 with the only question left is which entrance to park near. Rite-aid or Citezens Bank.

I guess I will find out when I get there. See you there, you won't miss me, I will be the geek who clearly looks like he got zero sleep tonight.

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 02:40 AM
i am on no sleep as well. too late to sleep now leaving at like 430 ish

try2cope
Jun 24, 2010, 02:48 AM
i'll be there around 5, too. also with the no sleep look. see you there.

Lrddarkness
Jun 24, 2010, 02:52 AM
Security is not letting anyone on property until 6am. They are parked right on the sidewalk of the main entrance, and patrolling. I was told I had to leave and couldn't come back till 6am. Just before that an Apple store employee told me he mall was opening the main entrance at 6am, that is why they (the mall) had security parked outside.

I am waiting near by then figure I'll drive over at 5:45am

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 03:03 AM
Security is not letting anyone on property until 6am. They are parked right on the sidewalk of the main entrance, and patrolling. I was told I had to leave and couldn't come back till 6am. Just before that an Apple store employee told me he mall was opening the main entrance at 6am, that is why they (the mall) had security parked outside.

I am waiting near by then figure I'll drive over at 5:45am

which is the main entrance?

Lrddarkness
Jun 24, 2010, 04:04 AM
I believe it is to the left of the entrance near rite aid. I am not totally familiar with this mall.

mike1123
Jun 24, 2010, 04:05 AM
which is the main entrance?

I'm not even camping, but I'll help you out. Entrance you want to be at is by the Citizens' Bank near the crosswalk. Go in the mall doors on the plaza side, walk past the escalators, and hang a right. Apple Store will be on your left past the Starbucks.

Mherm88
Jun 24, 2010, 04:09 AM
I'm in line, there's 150+ in line at the Citizen Bank enterance

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 04:09 AM
thanks, off i go

mike1123
Jun 24, 2010, 04:10 AM

Woah, that's a lot, but I'm not surprised considering the demographics of this area :p. Good luck!

*waiting patiently for white*

viademarco
Jun 24, 2010, 04:14 AM
Yea, line is packed. Oh boy.

Some old guy just got told by a security guard to stop taking pictures.

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 04:48 AM

Ish load more than 150 now. Lol

nerdcastONLINE
Jun 24, 2010, 04:54 AM
I'm in line with a reserve. This blows.

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 05:01 AM
I'm in line with a reserve. This blows.

Me too. I'm near the back but not at the back. Still like 50 + behind me

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 05:27 AM
Anyone inside yet?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 05:32 AM
Anyone inside yet?

Don't know yet. Gotta be close to 1000 people here.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 05:47 AM
Anyone know if they've let ppl inside yet? And is there already a separate line for ppl with reserves vs those just hoping to pick up? I'm stuck near the lord and Taylor in line

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 05:52 AM
If the first one in could ask about their quantity of both the 16 and 32 GB phones. That'd be great.

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 05:58 AM
If the first one in could ask about their quantity of both the 16 and 32 GB phones. That'd be great.

Doors still closed. Just one long ass line

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 06:01 AM
Doors just opened.

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 06:02 AM
Line just started moving.....and now stopped.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 06:03 AM
And now what haha. Just moved like 20 ft and stopped. This is depressing

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 06:06 AM
Are they only letting in to the mall a certain number at a time?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 06:09 AM
Are they only letting in to the mall a certain number at a time?

Seems like it. This sun is killing me. Hot already!!

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 06:10 AM
Someone bring me a towel. Lol

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 06:11 AM
Security should rethink that before someone near the back suffers heat stroke.

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 06:15 AM
The Doors Are Not Open!!!

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 06:18 AM
Just called the store and they opened the doors but it's up to security to open the main mall doors. It's getting hottttt

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 06:22 AM
So is anyone in the store then or is the mall just letting people in any door?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 06:24 AM
So is anyone in the store then or is the mall just letting people in any door?

Not yet

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 06:28 AM
I just saw a girl drive by with a new iPhone recording.

pradeepgj
Jun 24, 2010, 06:29 AM
what is the status of the reservation only line??? Are there too many people there too. Can some one post an approximate ratio of (# in reserved line: # in unreserved) when they can find that?

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 06:32 AM
I just saw a girl drive by with a new iPhone recording.

Saw her too.

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 06:36 AM
what is the status of the reservation only line??? Are there too many people there too. Can some one post an approximate ratio of (# in reserved line: # in unreserved) when they can find that?

High majority have reservations but the representative who came out all but guaranteed a phone to people who reserved a phone.

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 06:38 AM
I see people walking out with white bags. Finally!!

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 06:41 AM
I talked to the security rep that came out. He says they're only letting in 20 people at a time, 15 with reservations, 5 without. I was back by the Lord and Taylor and he said if you're this far and don't have a reservation, you likely will not be getting an iPhone. I asked if they were going to let the whole line into the mall and he said no way. They're letting only 20 people into the mall at time which leaves the rest of us out in the heat. (there's a heat index of 101 today)

I peaced since I have a reservation and called Apple to confirm if I came back today around 3 that they'd have a phone waiting for me and they said yes, but that i'd have to wait in the back of the line.

Hopefully they let the line move into the mall once it opens at 10 AM. Someone post an update if anything changes.

pradeepgj
Jun 24, 2010, 06:51 AM
Makes me feel better that reservations are definitely getting their phones. I will be there late afternoon.

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 06:55 AM
Hopefully they let the line move into the mall once it opens at 10 AM. Someone post an update if anything changes.

The security personnel I spoke to said they're keeping this system all day and not letting a line form inside.

Also the apple guy just said it's a 30:1 reserved:non-reserved ratio.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:06 AM
i just emailed customer relations to see if they have any plans to let people in. It's pretty idiotic to force people to wait outside, especially if there's a heat index warning out. Anyone recall if they did the same last year?

pradeepgj
Jun 24, 2010, 07:13 AM
i just emailed customer relations to see if they have any plans to let people in. It's pretty idiotic to force people to wait outside, especially if there's a heat index warning out. Anyone recall if they did the same last year?

I doubt if the mall people really would care... it's us who decide to come and wait in this heat. No one forced us. So, they would probably say, "go home if it's hot for you!!!"

It would be greatly appreciated if they let people in though.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:23 AM
yeah true - i guess i'll go in the afternoon closer to 3 and just wait it out - ah the pain. if anyone see's the line moving inside - let us know! good luck to everyone getting a phone today.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:56 AM
any updates on the line? people moving inside now?

njn007
Jun 24, 2010, 08:05 AM
any updates on the line? people moving inside now?

I've been trying to get a hold of Mherm88 (via AIM) to see if he had any success or not.

I don't know about those of you who aren't getting one, but I'm glad mine isn't shipping until 7/14 (or earlier). With these yellow display and reception problems, I can wait knowing that my phone *shouldn't* have these problems like the first batch.

dsn112
Jun 24, 2010, 08:10 AM
I've been trying to get a hold of Mherm88 (via AIM) to see if he had any success or not.

I don't know about those of you who aren't getting one, but I'm glad mine isn't shipping until 7/14 (or earlier). With these yellow display and reception problems, I can wait knowing that my phone *shouldn't* have these problems like the first batch.

Your still getting the first batch, they are being made now, no time to address issues yet. Your still most likely beat.

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 08:11 AM
Inside now. They are letting in 12:1 for people with reservations bs no reservations. Nuts

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 08:11 AM
With the guarantee that my reserved one will still be there later, I left. Good luck!

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 08:13 AM
If you are outside and didn't reserve I would leave. The non reserved people who are inside have only moved 10 feet in an hour.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 08:29 AM
is the reserved line moving pretty fast?

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 08:35 AM
Brian jones, just saw your name on the reserved list. Good luck

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 08:36 AM
Ya moving pretty good. I got in here at 9:10 and I'm almost at the entrance of apple. It's been 25 mins. And it's air conditioned.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 08:39 AM
oh wow - where'd you start out at? and at what time? I'm assuming there's still a ton of people behind you waiting outside?

happy to hear it's moving!

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 08:44 AM
I started out around the corner at lords taylors. When I gr inside we strews at ann Taylor. Inside seems to be moving pretty nice.

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 08:45 AM
Inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 08:48 AM
I'm inside in another line. Not too much longer. Reservations are moving relatively fast. Non reserve, not so much

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 08:54 AM
Brian jones, just saw your name on the reserved list. Good luck

Really?? That's funny. I'm almost at the door. 2 people ahead of me

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
If you are outside and didn't reserve I would leave. The non reserved people who are inside have only moved 10 feet in an hour.

I second that.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
nicely done - if you guys don't mind posting an approximate size of people (and where they're standing in proximity to the mall) when you exit that would be suweeet!

chrisfromalbany
Jun 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
I'm inside in another line. Not too much longer. Reservations are moving relatively fast. Non reserve, not so much

ask if they are going to run out soon for non-rese. orders?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 09:12 AM
This phone is very beautiful. This screen is unlike anything I ever seen on a phone

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 09:13 AM
ah jealous! how was the line when you left outside? any estimates on size?

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 09:19 AM
Not as long as it was today. Maybe like 200. Reservation was crazy fast. They got my phone, activated, charged my card, sign a few lines and I was done. 10 mins

chrisfromalbany
Jun 24, 2010, 09:21 AM
Not as long as it was today. Maybe like 200. Reservation was crazy fast. They got my phone, activated, charged my card, sign a few lines and I was done. 10 mins

how bad/long was the walk up line? I would figure if it got too bad they turn people away.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 09:51 AM
hows the line looking right now? still outside? worth a shot to go during lunch? I don't mind spending an hour or so but just wanted to see if it's worth it haha.

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 10:33 AM
is the line forming all inside now? or are people still stuck waiting outside, even if they have a reservation?

NachoGrande
Jun 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
is the line forming all inside now? or are people still stuck waiting outside, even if they have a reservation?

When I left the mall at 10:50 people were still lined up outsite, but the line was only half the size of the original.

chrisfromalbany
Jun 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
When I left the mall at 10:50 people were still lined up outsite, but the line was only half the size of the original.

is that including walk -ups line?

njn007
Jun 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
Your still getting the first batch, they are being made now, no time to address issues yet. Your still most likely beat.

I'm no longer worried.

Yellowness is due to bonding, and goes away (check). and
Buy a bumper to solve reception problems (check).

Problems solved.
If you can afford the phone you might as well buy the $30 case so there are no reception problems.

:D

FerraraZ
Jun 24, 2010, 11:41 AM
Have they started turning away walk in purchases? I have one reserved but wanna wait for the line to die out and only be for people who reserved.

Lrddarkness
Jun 24, 2010, 12:04 PM
I understand the reservations, and I think that is a great idea. They way that they executed the dispersing of devices I did not like at all. If you had a reservation, then you were guaranteed to have a new iPhone waiting for you, that would be there till end of business, That is great! What I, and others like me who did not have a reservation did not like was having to continue to wait in a line since 5am, while other people who showed up at 10am, were pulled from the line and ushered into the store! The Apple employees were telling us that they were activating 1 unreserved user, for every 30 reservation users! The reservation was only to make sure you got an IiPhone not that you got concierge treatment! And to make matters worse the Mall security would not let the bulk of the people line up inside the store. Only approx. 40 people at a time were allowed in. The rest were left to bake in 90 degree temperatures. One woman was taken by ambulance, the other needed to be brought inside and give fluids. I know Apple had nothing to do with this. Apple corporate told them to show preference in setup, and activation to the reserve clients. Keep in mind these reserved clients, had not pre-paid for their phone, so why is their money better then mine. If I walked up and their were no more phone available and a reserved customer wlked up after and got it, I totally understand. But treating unreserved people like they are less then important is wrong!

mikeb301
Jun 24, 2010, 12:10 PM
I was one of few that snuck in another door and waited there for about 2 hours until 6am came and they told us that we arent supposed to be inside and we have to go outside where the real line was. They assured us that they would hold a phone for us as they took down our names for those who were inside but did not have one on preorder. I'm wondering if anyone was inside before store hours with me and what to know if they kept their word and help us a phone?

Lrddarkness
Jun 24, 2010, 12:29 PM
I was one of few that snuck in another door and waited there for about 2 hours until 6am came and they told us that we arent supposed to be inside and we have to go outside where the real line was. They assured us that they would hold a phone for us as they took down our names for those who were inside but did not have one on preorder. I'm wondering if anyone was inside before store hours with me and what to know if they kept their word and help us a phone?

At 10:30am, apple employees came out and had cards, to place a hold on a phone for you, with your name and the version you wanted 16gb, or 32gb. You could not leave the line, they would not hold them for you if you left and came back. But you still had to wait in the unreserved line, while they were pulling reserved clients fro the back of the line and take them in 20 at a time. at 11:00 am, I had to leave to go to work, I would have stayed, but the Apple employees said it might be 2pm before I would be actually completing the sale. I am just going to order it online and have it delivered to my house. I have been to two previous iPhone launches and never had an experience as bad as this.

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 12:30 PM
darkness...I agree with you and I think they handled it wrong. I cant complain too much because I was one that reserved a phone but accepting 12:1 once inside was a little crazy. None of the nonreserved people were getting in. I thought that was a little crazy. We all showed up at the same time. I was standing out there, thankfully only part of the morning. It was blistering hot out there and the heat index is high. There is no reason they had to keep people outside of the mall today. Good Luck to the rest of you. If you have a reserved phone, you should have no chance getting one today. Those of you who don't have a reserved phone, I wouldn't even waste your time. They were telling people who didn't reserve that they probably wouldn't have enough to give out.

lulla01
Jun 24, 2010, 12:47 PM
so did everyone end up getting a phone?

ashmarie73
Jun 24, 2010, 12:56 PM
Anybody there now?? Status of reserve line?? :D

FerraraZ
Jun 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
Anybody there now?? Status of reserve line?? :D

this

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
yeah that's what im trying to figure out. I saw a twitter post about an hour ago that the line was still outside going past the lord and taylor. So if we have a reservation, do we wait at the back of the line outside? or go straight to the store.

baikens89
Jun 24, 2010, 01:06 PM
When I was in line this morning they were walking down the line asking who had reservations. I would say that the non reservation line is going to be LONG all day and if you don't have a reservation and aren't in line yet, I wouldn't get in line.

Lrddarkness
Jun 24, 2010, 01:07 PM
yeah that's what im trying to figure out. I saw a twitter post about an hour ago that the line was still outside going past the lord and taylor. So if we have a reservation, do we wait at the back of the line outside? or go straight to the store.

Everyone that had a reservation, that was at the end of the line, no worries they will just come out periodically and get you and bring you right in.

ashmarie73
Jun 24, 2010, 01:45 PM
JustHust got here.. The line is wrapped around by motherhood maternity!!! This is a mess!

non-Reservation line looks like about 5 people must have stopped letting people line up

probably about 200 people in line

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 01:48 PM
inside or outside the mall? i have a reservation but if they'ev let ppl line up inside, i'm more then happy to wait behind 200-300 people haha.

pradeepgj
Jun 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
I hope people are not still standing outside in rain....

ashmarie73
Jun 24, 2010, 02:16 PM
Inside and thank goodness ... Just started
thunderstorming here... They're giving out food and water and snacks... Some catering company was just walking around with samples

coconn06
Jun 24, 2010, 03:06 PM
I just stopped by on my way home (live 5 mins from the mall). I asked the guy from the Apple store who was handing out water/snacks and he confirmed they have no more iPhones for people who did not preorder. In case that helps anyone thinking of stopping in.

pradeepgj
Jun 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Finally! Iam here in the reserved line waiting for my turn. Feels like a "been there, done that" moment.
Atleast 70 in front of me and 100 behind me. This is just the res line. It's only getting longer as people come from work.

CKtoph
Jun 24, 2010, 03:54 PM
I just got home, but the line was getting pretty heavy with those coming from work when I left.

I got there at 2pm and had iPhone activated in hand by 4pm.

mrl0902
Jun 24, 2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone know what the deal is if I just want to come in and pick up a bumper? Can I bypass the line and just walk in to purchase a bumper or is the entire store currently dedicated to only serving iphone purchasers?

I don't expect anyone to do this, but if anyone is there now and could ask a rep this question before making your next forum post, that would be greatly appreciated.

pradeepgj
Jun 24, 2010, 04:05 PM
Anyone know what the deal is if I just want to come in and pick up a bumper? Can I bypass the line and just walk in to purchase a bumper or is the entire store currently dedicated to only serving iphone purchasers?

I don't expect anyone to do this, but if anyone is there now and could ask a rep this question before making your next forum post, that would be greatly appreciated.

just checked with a rep. They are out of bumpers in this store.

iPaul
Jun 24, 2010, 04:06 PM

I went in for a bumper this morning. They had a short line (as in like, 6 people) of people who were buying products other than iPhone, and moved us in and out of the store pretty quickly. So if they still have bumpers, you shouldn't have a problem going in and buying one...

Edit: no bumpers!

mrl0902
Jun 24, 2010, 04:19 PM
just checked with a rep. They are out of bumpers in this store.

Wow, thanks for the quick and informative response. I was at the store early this morning picking up my reserved phone and passed on the bumper. However, I am beginning to regret that decision, as I now realize the antenna/reception problem is real.

deenybird
Jun 24, 2010, 04:36 PM
I was at the store early this morning picking up my reserved phone and passed on the bumper. However, I am beginning to regret that decision, as I now realize the antenna/reception problem is real
yup same here, except i was a walkup.
While i would like Apple's quality of bumper, I don't want to pay their premium price. I'll probably be checking ebay tomorrow to see how the current batch of 'knockoffs' is coming along.

I also didn't feel that KoP handled the situation very well.
In line at 4:45AM, about 35 people back. First batch of 20 went into the mall at 7:00 and it was at least another half hour before the next batch of 20, which I was in, entered the mall. But that's hardly the worst part. Once inside the mall they were sorting into 2 lines, and I would estimate it was close to a 30:1 ratio going into the store. The walkup line moved about 10 feet an hour, and at 40 feet from the door, we sat in a line of only 35 people for 3-4 hours!
Watching the other line moving sooo much faster was obviously infuriating for everyone in our line. I feel bad for all those who were left out in the hot sun while 20 at a time were allowed into the mall (where it wasn't much cooler as we all wound up standing under a giant skylight in direct sun).
While I wound up walking out with a new phone, and was grateful, I give a big thumbs down to whoever decided on the plan that left sooo many out in the sun watching as another line was allowed into the store before them.

Trouser Cough
Jun 24, 2010, 05:25 PM
any word on the situation at KoP? They sending people back yet?

desithugsr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:07 PM
I just left KOP around 7. If you have a reservation, the guys in blue said they're set to be on duty till midnight, so if you're in line - hopefully you should be alright.

I started out over by the maternity place at 3:30 and go into the Apple Store by 5. They're handing out water and pretzels which is nice.

It can take anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes to get your phone ready to go and out the door once inside because of activation issues, waiting for reps to actually work out logistics with you, and problems with AT&T activation.

If you're switching upgrades around on your plan, they have AT&T reps there who are being super cool and awesome - mad props to them. I'm pretty sure they're completely sold out of phones for walk ups, but they should have some tomorrow.

They have 0 accessories in the store, except for iphone 4 docks which I saw.

Right outside of the store theres a bunch of guys running an Invisible Shield Zagg shop that will completely cover your phone for 25 bucks. They do a damn good job of it.

Good luck to everyone!

mintfresh
Jun 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know if there's still stock?

coolant
Jun 24, 2010, 09:41 PM
Anybody know if it's worth going there tomorrow morning (Friday) if your name was not on the reservation list?

pradeepgj
Jun 25, 2010, 09:52 AM
Anybody know if it's worth going there tomorrow morning (Friday) if your name was not on the reservation list?

I seriously doubt if they would have any stock left. Unless there are few from the ones that were not picked up by reservations. Event if they were available, they would have been gone by now.

coconn06
Jun 25, 2010, 10:09 AM

I was told by an Apple store employee at around 3:30pm on Thursday they they had no more iPhones for people who didn't reserve. So unless they got a new shipment today (Friday)...

dinnadawg
Jun 25, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hey,

Called the store to ask if they had any phones left from people who didn't pick them up. No dice, they've all been sold.

coolant
Jun 25, 2010, 03:30 PM

I actually went at 9:30 this morning and got an iPhone. Only about a 30 minute wait, but I knew they didn't have that many remaining.

samfilms
Jun 25, 2010, 03:50 PM
Yesterday was a lot of fun. Congrats to everyone that got an Iphone. I had so much fun and to all those folks that was in line with me ...You guys were awesome... Till the next iphone 5 launch or maybe i will be back in line for the white i phone(na i will pre order and get mine shipped or will I????"

Good luck to the rest of you hope you all get a phone.

Blorzoga
Jun 26, 2010, 12:19 AM
I understand the reservations, and I think that is a great idea. They way that they executed the dispersing of devices I did not like at all. If you had a reservation, then you were guaranteed to have a new iPhone waiting for you, that would be there till end of business, That is great! What I, and others like me who did not have a reservation did not like was having to continue to wait in a line since 5am, while other people who showed up at 10am, were pulled from the line and ushered into the store! The Apple employees were telling us that they were activating 1 unreserved user, for every 30 reservation users! The reservation was only to make sure you got an IiPhone not that you got concierge treatment! And to make matters worse the Mall security would not let the bulk of the people line up inside the store. Only approx. 40 people at a time were allowed in. The rest were left to bake in 90 degree temperatures. One woman was taken by ambulance, the other needed to be brought inside and give fluids. I know Apple had nothing to do with this. Apple corporate told them to show preference in setup, and activation to the reserve clients. Keep in mind these reserved clients, had not pre-paid for their phone, so why is their money better then mine. If I walked up and their were no more phone available and a reserved customer wlked up after and got it, I totally understand. But treating unreserved people like they are less then important is wrong!

I actually had a reservation at KOP but chose to camp out at Ardmore because of the security/parking lot situation at KOP. I got to Ardmore at 10PM and at 7, when they opened, I was about 60th in line in the walkup line. It took 2 hr 40 mins for me to get my phone from that point. Reservation people who arrived at 7 were walking away with their phones at least an hour before I was.

If you think about it, all the reservation people did was be lucky enough to get through on the internet to reserve their phone. They didn't pay a dime, just tapped a button on the keyboard. If they're holding enough phones for them, why the hell do they have to serve them at a higher rate than the people that put infinitely more effort into getting their phones by waiting in line all night because they weren't lucky enough to press the button at the right time. Made no sense. They could have let the lines go at the exact same rate. Apple oughta rethink the whole reservation process. I can understand if you actually pay for your phone, but even still a queue is a queue.

anng12
Jun 26, 2010, 01:59 PM
Do they have bumpers left?

Is there any place in the tri-state area (PA,NJ,DE) where I can get a BLACK bumper for my iPhone 4?

mikeb301
Jun 26, 2010, 04:52 PM
i,ve been trying to call someone at the apple store but no one is picking up, anyone know when they are getting the next shipment? will it be for walk ins?

jones.brian25
Jul 4, 2010, 09:11 PM
Yesterday was a lot of fun. Congrats to everyone that got an Iphone. I had so much fun and to all those folks that was in line with me ...You guys were awesome... Till the next iphone 5 launch or maybe i will be back in line for the white i phone(na i will pre order and get mine shipped or will I????"

Good luck to the rest of you hope you all get a phone.

i agree, it was a lot of fun. even though some are having issues with their phones, I would still stand in line again. plus it helps that i was standing and talking with a pretty lady :)