PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda, MD

plazmatyk
Jun 8, 2010, 03:50 PM
Is anyone interested in meeting up at the Montgomery Mall or the Bethesda Row Apple Store?

falseblackbear
Jun 10, 2010, 03:19 PM
I am if you are willing to buy a 3gs 32 gb.

jailbroken/unlocked with case and wall charger

plazmatyk
Jun 12, 2010, 05:48 PM
I am if you are willing to buy a 3gs 32 gb.

jailbroken/unlocked with case and wall charger

sorry, i'm there to buy a 32GB iPhone 4.
let me know if you find a buyer and can make it. it would be nice to go with someone

Silverhawk202
Jun 19, 2010, 09:51 PM
Is anyone interested in meeting up at the Montgomery Mall or the Bethesda Row Apple Store?

I'm deciding between a few apple stores. But Bethesda is on my list. What time are you hoping to go there? I'm thinking of going around 12am. Its gonna be a long wait! haha. Plus just checked the weather its going to rain like crazy haha.

Any Suggestions of where we can park? I know there is a free community lot but are we allowed to park there over night etc? Let me know.

plazmatyk
Jun 20, 2010, 07:12 PM
I'm deciding between a few apple stores. But Bethesda is on my list. What time are you hoping to go there? I'm thinking of going around 12am. Its gonna be a long wait! haha. Plus just checked the weather its going to rain like crazy haha.

Any Suggestions of where we can park? I know there is a free community lot but are we allowed to park there over night etc? Let me know.

Earliest I can get there is around 1pm hahaha
Camping out is not an option since I need to be in College Park by 9:00am.

Silverhawk202
Jun 20, 2010, 09:32 PM
Earliest I can get there is around 1pm hahaha
Camping out is not an option since I need to be in College Park by 9:00am.

dang it i might fly solo lol. We shall see.

Any idea about that parking lot just up from the apple store? is it possible to park there over night?

Requiemm
Jun 23, 2010, 07:20 AM
I'll be hitting the Montgomery Mall Store to pick up my reserved iPhone. Not sure what time I'm going yet. Open to suggestions

esmith2289
Jun 23, 2010, 09:55 AM
Is there anyone who did not pre-order the phone and wants to meet up tonight to get it first thing in the morning?

droppingk
Jun 23, 2010, 10:28 AM
Iím going to be getting to Montgomery mall around 5am. I need sleep and the lines donít get too long until about 1 hour before opening. I heard that security kicked one guy out for coming in too early last time, but he got back in after some time and ended up being like 2nd or 3rd in line. I used the entrance by the cafeteria last time.

esmith2289
Jun 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
i will see you there...is we are towards the front of the line how long do you think it will take to get the phone and get out....i have to get to work early

adrian.parsons
Jun 23, 2010, 07:27 PM
Can anyone say what the line looks like right now?

davechen
Jun 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
I plan on getting up early (4 am?) and heading to the Bethesda Row store. Anyone know if there's a line there yet?

davechen
Jun 23, 2010, 09:52 PM
Someone post a pic of the line at the Bethesda Row store a couple hours ago.

http://tweetphoto.com/28772302

adrian.parsons
Jun 23, 2010, 10:08 PM
Line? No line?

adrian.parsons
Jun 23, 2010, 11:07 PM
Someone post a pic of the line at the Bethesda Row store a couple hours ago.

http://tweetphoto.com/28772302

Oh no. Don't they realize that it's pissed itself and has touch de-enhanced antennae?

spydr
Jun 24, 2010, 06:29 AM
How many on the "reserved line" at Montgomery Mall, MD?

I have a reservation to pick one up and would like to go there when the wait is not much, but when they still have the bumpers in stock!

Got Haggis?
Jun 24, 2010, 06:44 AM
At the Annapolis store, they only had between 25-50 phones for walk INS. Sold out in 30 mins.

beatledud
Jun 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
Anyone report what the reservation line looks like right now? Looking to go in after work around 7PM to get my reserved iPhone.

.vin.
Sep 18, 2012, 02:08 PM
Debating between Montgomery Mall and Bethesda Row for the iPhone 5. Possibly considering Tyson's corner. New to the DC area, so suggestions are welcome!

theturtle
Sep 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
Debating between Montgomery Mall and Bethesda Row for the iPhone 5. Possibly considering Tyson's corner. New to the DC area, so suggestions are welcome!

When i drove by montgomery mall for the iphone 4 launch, by 7am, the line was CRAZY. The line was very long, outside too.

.vin.
Sep 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm hoping that iPhone 5 lines will be shorter than iPhone 4 since there isn't an option for in-store pickup preorders this time.

leenak
Sep 18, 2012, 03:17 PM
I've never been to the Bethesda row location but I would think it would be a little more organized as the Montgomery mall is always crazy. You could drive past Bethesda row then see if you want to risk it. You'd probably want to line up Thursday night though.

And if Best Buy wasn't doing preorders, I would've said skip the Apple stores but it seems like most of the other retailers are doing preorders.

davechen
Sep 20, 2012, 12:33 PM
I work in Bethesda, so I'm going to drive by Bethesda Row today and see what the line looks like. The advantage of the Montgomery Mall store is parking, since it's free.

.vin.
Sep 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm planning on getting to Montgomery Mall around 5am so I'll report back once I'm there.

davechen
Sep 20, 2012, 04:02 PM
So I drove by the Bethesda Row store about half an hour ago. I only saw one person camped out in front of the store. I hope that means tomorrow won't be too crazy.

UPDATE: Passed by there just after 8pm. Looks like the line has grown to about 20 people.

davechen
Sep 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
Just got in line at Bethesda Row. The line is not bad at all. It doesn't even reach the end of the block (in front of Uncle Julio's, if you know the area).

donaldcc
Sep 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
Thinking about heading to this location! How is the line and the stock on phones?

davechen
Sep 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
I was in line for an hour this morning. My co-worker just got back from that store during lunch. He said he waited for 30 minutes. So I'm guessing you'll be fine.

donaldcc
Sep 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
I was in line for an hour this morning. My co-worker just got back from that store during lunch. He said he waited for 30 minutes. So I'm guessing you'll be fine.

THANKS Davechen! I am leaving home now.

lewisd25
Sep 12, 2013, 09:38 AM
What would be the best place to line up for a 5s? Montgomery Mall or Bethesda Row?

SimplyLKB
Sep 14, 2013, 09:59 PM
What would be the best place to line up for a 5s? Montgomery Mall or Bethesda Row?
I'm wondering the same thing! For people who have lined up at Montgomery Mall, which entrance is the line at night outside Ida. The one near Legal Seafood?

And for Bethesda Row, what's the deal with parking overnight? Anyone know?

Applefanboy25
Sep 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
Hey everyone I am new to the area and am sot sure what the responses will look like for the 5s release on Friday night. I am totally up opposed to camping out over night, just not sure where or when people usually start showing up here. It appears this forum would be for people wanting to meet up and hang out together. If anyone has camped out here before please shed some light on the situation at the Bathesda location. And if anyone is interested in camping out with some like minded people hit me up.

SAIRUS
Sep 16, 2013, 03:44 PM
I'm contemplating to show up early, or just show up during lunch time. Being a dev, I have to test the 64 bit stuff asap.

twisdit
Sep 16, 2013, 04:22 PM
Sprint is taking preorders for the 5S. I just came back from the sprint store on the pike ( federal plaza ). You get a $50 gift card and they hold you one for friday. :cool:

SAIRUS
Sep 16, 2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah I need a GSM model (haven't decided to get a unlocked, or AT&T).

davechen
Sep 18, 2013, 08:13 AM
Hi again. Another year, another new iphone :)

I'm going to show up at the Bethesda Row store Friday morning. I have to drop my kids at school, so I probably won't get there until 9 am.

There've been a lot of rumors about supply issues, so I'm a bit concerned. I'm to old/lame to be camping out for these things anymore.

sydia21
Sep 18, 2013, 11:10 AM
I have to be to work by 10am in friendship height and have an AT&T store within walking distance but I'm worried about stock.

Ill be lined up at the Bethesda Row Apple Store at around 6am. Hopefully that's not too late for a 32GB gold. Just trust Apple's stock better.

Anyone else going to Bethesda Row?

bearda
Sep 19, 2013, 07:32 AM
Just walked past Bethesda Row this morning while getting breakfast. Nobody there yet.

zachy85
Sep 19, 2013, 08:49 AM
I am debating between this store and the Verizon store in Bethesda. I assume the Apple Store will have more stock and more options; but the VZ store will probably be less crazy. I also need to do a cross-line upgrade and I am not sure if the Apple Store will be able to do that.

DizzyV6P
Sep 19, 2013, 11:21 AM
Montgomery Mall Apple Store:

They will be opening the Mall entrance at Legal Sea Foods sometime before the 8AM Launch.

I was unable to confirm when Mall security will open the doors, but the place to be is at that entrance. You could also try the Food Court entrance, but due to construction in that area, its a risk.

In past years, they would open the doors and ask the line to follow them to the Apple Store. Apple employees will hand out tickets for the phone that you want.

I also confirmed on the phone that the Apple store will be able to do cross-line upgrades. For example, I intend to use my father-in-law's dumb phone upgrade to purchase the 5s. Once it activates, I will transfer the 5s to my line and I keep my unlimited data. Then they will reactivate the dumb phone, thereby dropping off the 2gb data plan.

See some of you tomorrow :)

SimplyLKB
Sep 19, 2013, 12:10 PM
Montgomery Mall Apple Store:

They will be opening the Mall entrance at Legal Sea Foods sometime before the 8AM Launch.

I was unable to confirm when Mall security will open the doors, but the place to be is at that entrance. You could also try the Food Court entrance, but due to construction in that area, its a risk.

In past years, they would open the doors and ask the line to follow them to the Apple Store. Apple employees will hand out tickets for the phone that you want.

I also confirmed on the phone that the Apple store will be able to do cross-line upgrades. For example, I intend to use my father-in-law's dumb phone upgrade to purchase the 5s. Once it activates, I will transfer the 5s to my line and I keep my unlimited data. Then they will reactivate the dumb phone, thereby dropping off the 2gb data plan.

See some of you tomorrow :)

THANK YOU!! I went by the Apple store at Montgomery Mall today and talked with the very nice Apple guy standing near the door. He thought the Legal Seafoods entrance was probably the best, but told me to check with the concierge desk for the mall. Which I never did find! So, thank you - this is really helpful.

He didn't think they'll have any supply issues, but who knows how much he knows... He also looked in the computer and gave me a quote for my 32gb 4S of $204. I have a Gazelle quote that ends on Sept 23 for $215, but for that small a difference, I'm just going to swap it in at Apple (assuming the quote doesn't change between today and tomorrow.). Plus, they'll just take it off the price, rather than me having to wait for a check. (And no, I don't want to deal with CL or EBay!)

Now to figure out how early I should be there... I'm extra paranoid, because I sold my first gen iPad on my way to stand in line for the iPad 2, and then didn't get one for a week! Never going to make that mistake again!

Laura

DizzyV6P
Sep 19, 2013, 12:37 PM
Ok, new update!

According to Montgomery Mall management, they are planning to open doors at 6AM!!

Apple Store will have a line queue for us in front of their store. Legal Seafood's Mall entrance is the closest location.

They DO NOT ALLOW CAMPING at the mall so if you plan to camp tonight, security will probably tell you to come back for their 6am door opening.

SimplyLKB
Sep 19, 2013, 12:42 PM
Ok, new update!

According to Montgomery Mall management, they are planning to open doors at 6AM!!

Apple Store will have a line queue for us in front of their store. Legal Seafood's Mall entrance is the closest location.

They DO NOT ALLOW CAMPING at the mall so if you plan to camp tonight, security will probably tell you to come back for their 6am door opening.

Ugh. I guess they'd consider sitting in a camp chair 'camping'? LOL! How about sitting in my car in the parking lot? :p

Here's the email I just got:

Dear Laura,
Thank you for contacting Westfield Montgomery. The mall doors are scheduled to open at 6am tomorrow, September 20. You may proceed from any mall entry door to form a line in front of the Apple store.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sue Backman
Customer Service
Westfield Montgomery

I'm starting to wonder if Bethesda Row would be easier... (But the parking! Yuck!)

Laura

lewisd25
Sep 19, 2013, 12:57 PM
The Mall seems too risky. It will be chaos at 6am.

zachy85
Sep 19, 2013, 01:37 PM
Any reports yet from Bethesda? Anyone there? Am thinking of going tonight...

bearda
Sep 19, 2013, 03:02 PM
Any reports yet from Bethesda? Anyone there? Am thinking of going tonight...

Bethesda Row was still empty when I went to Nando's across the street for lunch.

zachy85
Sep 19, 2013, 03:23 PM
I have tickets to the Nats game tonight--I think I am going to go to the store right from it, so 10ish. Will try and report in as to the conditions I see!

SimplyLKB
Sep 19, 2013, 03:34 PM
Thoughts on parking at Bethesda Row? It looks like the garage across the street is free from 10 pm - 7 am. So, do we all take turns going to feed our meters around 6:45 am? Are people generally cool about holding spots like that?

sydia21
Sep 19, 2013, 03:46 PM
I think you can use your phone to pay the meters so no leaving the line for that.

SimplyLKB
Sep 19, 2013, 03:53 PM
I think you can use your phone to pay the meters so no leaving the line for that.

Really? Cool! I couldn't find that info on the county website.

bearda
Sep 19, 2013, 03:54 PM

You can definitely pay via phone, but you may need to set up an account beforehand. The Waverly garage has more (public) parking a few blocks away if you need other options.
http://mc.parknow.us/

sydia21
Sep 19, 2013, 04:11 PM
Really? Cool! I couldn't find that info on the county website.

I always go to that store and park in the garage. I've never used the pay by phone but I know it's available. I will probably be arriving at 6am tomorrow.

zachy85
Sep 19, 2013, 04:16 PM
I think I am going to be dropped off, don't want to worry about parking!

kamikasky
Sep 19, 2013, 07:09 PM
First in line at the Bethesda Row Apple Store!

pmm1221
Sep 19, 2013, 07:31 PM
Congrats kamikasky! Can someone please post around 5 and 6am to report on line length?

SimplyLKB
Sep 19, 2013, 07:52 PM
Lucky #7 at Bethesda Row! The press was here when I arrived...

zachy85
Sep 19, 2013, 08:30 PM
I am on my way now! How long is the line?

lewisd25
Sep 19, 2013, 08:33 PM
There are 9 people in line.

sydia21
Sep 19, 2013, 08:33 PM
See you all at 6! Please post an update around then.

sydia21
Sep 19, 2013, 08:44 PM
Also if you see and Apple rep please ask of they have any gold phones. So many rumors about only ordering them online going on. Thanks and see you all later.

zachy85
Sep 19, 2013, 08:57 PM
No line outside of the Bethesda VZ store, but they were setting up for a line outside

sydia21
Sep 20, 2013, 02:10 AM
Hey guys any updates?

lewisd25
Sep 20, 2013, 02:11 AM
The line is past Uncle Julio's, close to wrapping around the corner.

sydia21
Sep 20, 2013, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the update. I want a 32gb gold and since I'm not already in line, I doubt showing up at 6am will get me one. Ordered online just to be safe. Please update later on how many gold they actually had.

Thanks again.

DizzyV6P
Sep 20, 2013, 02:39 AM
Ordered Verizon Gold 64gb, ship by 9/24 at 3:05 AM. Looks like its run out online, Apple.com is showing ship by October. Thankfully, i won't be in line in the morning...

Good luck everyone!

SimplyLKB
Sep 20, 2013, 02:56 AM
Apple employees just came out to tell us that they have very, very limited quantities of gold and silver, tons of gray. They basically told everyone after about #15 that their chances are extremely slim. I'm #7, so still hopeful. No unlocked phones. They'll hand out cards around 6 am, and hot cocoa, coffee, etc. around 6:30 am. (Yay! I'm freezing!)

Laura

sydia21
Sep 20, 2013, 03:00 AM
Apple employees just came out to tell us that they have very, very limited quantities of gold and silver, tons of gray. They basically told everyone after about #15 that their chances are extremely slim. I'm #7, so still hopeful. No unlocked phones. They'll hand out cards around 6 am, and hot cocoa, coffee, etc. around 6:30 am. (Yay! I'm freezing!)

Laura

Oh wow... Just as I thought. Good thing I ordered online then, I have to wait a lil longer but who knows when anyone will have gold in the capacity you want this week.

Thanks so much for the update and good luck! Hope you get the color/capacity that you want.

SimplyLKB
Sep 20, 2013, 03:03 AM
I'll be sure to report back! :0)

kamikasky
Sep 20, 2013, 03:12 AM
I'm so tired at this point that I'm making a post just because I felt like making a post. But at least I'm guaranteed a gold one!

Oh and for anyone who is wondering.... they don't have any unlocked phones in stock. You'll need to be on a plan to buy one (or start a new plan, of course.)

Good luck!

pmm1221
Sep 20, 2013, 03:53 AM
Does anyone know if they will have more silver than gold and if it would still be realistic if I got in line now?

SimplyLKB
Sep 20, 2013, 04:22 AM
Does anyone know if they will have more silver than gold and if it would still be realistic if I got in line now?
No, they said that anyone beyond about #15 would be unlikely to get anything besides gray. I'm estimating there are at least about 40 people in line now.

pmm1221
Sep 20, 2013, 04:54 AM
No, they said that anyone beyond about #15 would be unlikely to get anything besides gray. I'm estimating there are at least about 40 people in line now.

Thank you! Good luck everyone!

Applefanboy25
Sep 20, 2013, 05:14 AM
Just a suggestion, go to your wireless carrier store. I am outside of the AT&T store in Silver Spring and there are only five of us here. The store is currently abandoned, except for the security guard inside that looks like he is dead asleep. So if ur willing to get on the J2, J3, or J4 and get over here you may have some better chances. I will reiterate this is an AT&T store not apple or Verizon. But I know there is a sprint store around the corner that might be opening early like everyone else. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.:)

DizzyV6P
Sep 20, 2013, 06:13 AM
Verizon kiosk in Montgomery mall will also open at 8am. So check there too. It's on the first floor in the middle of the mall

SimplyLKB
Sep 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
Wow... Even as #7, I didn't get either of my first choices! I wanted 2 AT&T 32gb, one gold and one silver. I got a 64gb gold and a 32gb space gray. There was only ONE 32gb ATT gold!

Oh, well. At least I got my gold!

----------

OMG! 3 minutes before the store opens...and the power went out for the whole block!

DizzyV6P
Sep 20, 2013, 07:28 AM
Wow... Even as #7, I didn't get either of my first choices! I wanted 2 AT&T 32gb, one gold and one silver. I got a 64gb gold and a 32gb space gray. There was only ONE 32gb ATT gold!

Oh, well. At least I got my gold!

----------

OMG! 3 minutes before the store opens...and the power went out for the whole block!

You did find one of the 64gb Gold unicorns though ;)

davechen
Sep 20, 2013, 08:04 AM
Just got in line. They only have 16 and 32 frets, but that's fine with me.

SimplyLKB
Sep 20, 2013, 08:47 AM
We only lost power for 7 minutes. I'm now home, warm and fed, waiting for all my apps to download. Other than the cold, I thought the whole waiting in line thing was fun, despite all my friends and family thinking I'm nuts. Good luck to everyone still in line.

Oh - and the overwhelming reaction once the shades went up and we could see the iPhones, was that the silver is MUCH nicer than we had thought it would be. It looked really sharp. The grey is definitely grey, not black, and the home button doesn't 'pop' the same way. It looks nice, but more muted.

Laura

Redskins
Sep 20, 2013, 09:17 AM
So I woke up at 7:00 got to Montgomery mall at 7:30. Walk over to AT&T line with like say 15 people total? See some guys at the best buy mobile across from the AT&T store, so i ask them any 5S in stock? There like we have 3 32 GB Space Grey. I am like cool...thats exactly what I want. They let me in around 7:45. Got my phone and everything....out by 8:00. Walk over with my 5S and take some panorama shots of the insanely long line at the Apple Store. Then I got some food and went home. That was easy:)

doodads
Sep 20, 2013, 01:23 PM
Anybody have an update on the available 5s stock at Montgomery Mall (Apple Store, Best Buy Mobile, and/or AT&T)?

jterp7
Sep 21, 2013, 02:36 PM
Anybody have an update on the available 5s stock at Montgomery Mall (Apple Store, Best Buy Mobile, and/or AT&T)?

i may head down this afternoon post MD game. I wouldn't call the apple store though, lol

ipodlover77
Sep 22, 2013, 09:22 PM
Any updates? Called Apple Store and ATT in montgomery mall but they were wiped clean lol.

How is bethesda row looking?

jterp7
Sep 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
Any updates? Called Apple Store and ATT in montgomery mall but they were wiped clean lol.

How is bethesda row looking?

lol not sure if you saw my thread about MM apple store earlier that day. I ended up at tysons with their "incident" at the nordstrom area. It was fairly late so I wasn't even expecting anything but a few people showed up and it sounded like they called and were told there were some available and weren't too happy to hear they were cleaned out.

I actually went back through my email and noticed I did store pickup for the 4S about a week after launch. I'm hoping as apple sorts out their gold/silver issues we'll see this return to simply the purchase process.