PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why the Apple case is so hard to find?!

XciteMe
Jun 8, 2010, 06:55 PM
Excuse me for my exclamation point, but I really am frustrated as I'm typing this.

After the exhaustive searching to track down an iPad in stores, now I have to hunt more, for the official Apple case. The nice black one that folds into a slanted position.

I mean, is this case selling at a 1:1 ratio for every iPad sold? Probably not, so then why is literally every store in Southern California sold out? I really don't think a shortage of cases is cool, because once we buy our $600-$800 devices, we should have protection options for them.

How long is the wait on the Apple website?? It says 3-4 weeks until shipment, and that's RIDICULOUS. I'm not waiting a month for my case.

miles01110
Jun 8, 2010, 06:57 PM
Then buy another case. Sometimes when demand exceeds supply, supply goes down.

XciteMe
Jun 8, 2010, 07:05 PM
Would you say the official Apple case is worth the trouble, or are there similar but better alternatives?

It MUST have the prop-up folder type design. That's what I want.

Suggestions?

zoman504
Jun 8, 2010, 09:24 PM
Would you say the official Apple case is worth the trouble, or are there similar but better alternatives?

Suggestions?

Check out the Yoobao case, exact same design as Apple's in leather at the same price. There's already a thread on it with info and pics. I own it and would def recommend it.

peapody
Jun 8, 2010, 10:14 PM

Suggestions?

There are very many out there that have this design. Just look around/ google, read the "show me your cases" thread.

ReallyBigFeet
Jun 8, 2010, 11:25 PM
I've been in the Naperville Apple store three times in three weeks. Each time, they've had several of the Apple cases in stock. I guess I've not noticed any lack of supply.

raymond lin
Jun 9, 2010, 02:20 AM
I walked into an apple store and picked one up last week...they still get delivery everyday, just got their in the morning.

XciteMe
Jun 9, 2010, 02:33 AM
I walked into an apple store and picked one up last week...they still get delivery everyday, just got their in the morning.

Which store? What state?

raymond lin
Jun 9, 2010, 12:11 PM
Which store? What state?

Birmingham, England

XciteMe
Jun 9, 2010, 01:26 PM
Birmingham, England

GREAT! I'll be RIGHT OVER, as soon as I catch a flight from CALIFORNIA. :rolleyes:

No offense but that wasn't very helpful to me.

iPad1iPad
Jun 9, 2010, 02:43 PM
I've seen them hanging up for sale in the Temecula, CA store. That's in So Cal...are you close? If so, call them and see if they will hold one for you.

Pared
Jun 9, 2010, 03:57 PM
GREAT! I'll be RIGHT OVER, as soon as I catch a flight from CALIFORNIA. :rolleyes:

No offense but that wasn't very helpful to me.

NY is a bit closer... would that help?