PDA

View Full Version : Buying Factory Unlocked iPhone is finally justified with iPhone 4

Mugambo
Jun 8, 2010, 07:41 PM
With higher ETF, cut on unlimited data plan and other limitations, buying an iphone 4 Factory Unlocked I think is the most justified move. Has anybody worked out the math for it? And is there any information on pricing for Factory unlocked (I know outside USA)?

dontwalkhand
Jun 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
Expect to spend around $700 or so off of eBay....that is how it is even for the current 3GS.

It is worth every penny as updates from Apple will just work, and no jailbreak is required.

Mugambo
Jun 8, 2010, 08:08 PM
Expect to spend around $700 or so off of eBay....that is how it is even for the current 3GS.

It is worth every penny as updates from Apple will just work, and no jailbreak is required.

Do you think its going to be $700 only for iPhone 4?

Also, is it worth buying the factory unlocked from eBay on launch day or wait for a couple weeks/months? Advices?

Mugambo
Jun 8, 2010, 08:53 PM
Bump

jokemjokester
Jun 8, 2010, 10:40 PM
$700 is the market price for a market thats saturatetd with factory unlocked 3GS. I would expect to see factory unlocked iphone 4 go $1k+ in the first couple months. Of course, you know what happens when hype dies down.

segers909
Jun 9, 2010, 08:51 AM
I live in Belgium. The prices for factory unlocked iPhone's are so high on ebay because thats the price in stores. It's 575 euro for a 3gs 16 gb, and the iPhone 4 will probably be that price too.

Maybe I can help? If you want too, I can go and buy an iPhone and ship it too you? :)

rawCpoppa
Jun 11, 2010, 07:17 AM
With higher ETF, cut on unlimited data plan and other limitations, buying an iphone 4 Factory Unlocked I think is the most justified move. Has anybody worked out the math for it? And is there any information on pricing for Factory unlocked (I know outside USA)?

Which ebay website are you seeing these preorders? I am also looking to get a factory unlocked ipn4 and I will be checking ebay Australia as that country has factory unlocked iphones.

Like another poster said, you should purchase from a seller with a HISTORY of selling these unlocked phones WITH a good reputation according to customer feedback.