Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsliz89

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
california
I got the LCD replaced on my macbook pro at the Apple store because there was a static issue.

Turns out there was a rip, tear, or something on the replacement. You can't see it when it's off but turned on, there was this thin line on the display like a piece of hair or something. The genius didn't even know what it was but they replaced it for me.

Now I got my macbook back again... and it won't turn on at all. The battery isn't dead and I tried plugging it in as well. Nothing. I just hear a click...click...click noise when I hold on to the power button. No sleeping light, no nothing. I should have checked it while I was there; now I have to go back to the Apple store again. What did they do to it? I'm guessing someone got the wiring wrong but I don't know. *sigh* Not happy :(

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
They were a little surprised that the Apple Store goofed and forgot to connect a temperature sensore on my iMac.

They apologized and got my machine fixed in an hour.

They now have the new hardware diagnostics at the stores (interesting to see the June 2010 copyright on the screen), so there is no reason any machine should show up as having any failures on the new software when it leaves the store ... since it only takes a couple/few minutes to plug it in, boot, and run the test.

Really bad when the machine doesn't start or immediately has a HW failure with the new testing app.

kbfr08

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
I think that clicking is the machine shutting itself off to prevent destruction because of a short on the main board. There could be a screw that came loose being pressed against the motherboard, there are tons of things that could cause a short. Try reseating the RAM and hard drive, a stick might not be in all the way, causing 1 contact to touch 2 pins on the ram slot, thus causing a short.

If that doesn't fix it, go back to the apple store, I wouldn't risk voiding my warranty (if it's still covered)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.