PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster, PA (Park City Apple Store)

kemics
Jun 9, 2010, 08:08 AM
I believe they open that wing of the mall early for iPhone buyers, but I'm planning on hitting up Starbucks for a scone and a coffee before I get my phone.

ozzyman500
Jun 9, 2010, 08:47 AM
The "geniuses" in Lancaster are jerks. That's all.

kemics
Jun 14, 2010, 10:14 PM
really? i havent had any issue with them. I know a few of them. I wonder when park city will open for apple on that day?

raven77
Jun 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
I believe they open that wing of the mall early for iPhone buyers, but I'm planning on hitting up Starbucks for a scone and a coffee before I get my phone.

I will be there! It's over an hour drive from my house so they better have my reserved 32gb!
:)

sonosaeterno
Jun 16, 2010, 05:51 PM
I will be there too! I am really hoping that reserving actually "reserves" me one. How early are you guys going?

raven77
Jun 16, 2010, 05:58 PM
I will be there too! I am really hoping that reserving actually "reserves" me one. How early are you guys going?

I called today and they said they had my info and said they will hold one for me for sure as long as I get there by closing.
I live about 1.5 hours away. I planned to leave around 8 so I should be there around 9:30am
woo!
I hope I don't have to wait in line toooo long!

playmaker2k7
Jun 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
Planning on getting there somewhere between 6-7am to pick up my reserved 32GB! Hearing how badly these things are getting backordered. I want to make sure I get my dam iPhone that day

raven77
Jun 17, 2010, 12:20 AM
Planning on getting there somewhere between 6-7am to pick up my reserved 32GB! Hearing how badly these things are getting backordered. I want to make sure I get my dam iPhone that day

Your making me second guess myself.
I think maybe I will show up a little earlier also. If I don't get one I am gonna cry!

sonosaeterno
Jun 17, 2010, 09:50 AM
I feel like I may get screwed by Apple on the 24th with my reservation. Yeah, they said they would have one for us as long as we get there that day to pick it up but I can bet I walk in asking for my reserved 32GB and they say something along the lines of "Sorry, we sold out, you will have to wait for a new stock to come in"..

My friend works for an Apple store in New Jersey and he said that if you reserved one and get there by 4PM to pick it up you should be fine but I think I will get there by 7 just in case.

raven77
Jun 17, 2010, 10:56 AM
I feel like I may get screwed by Apple on the 24th with my reservation. Yeah, they said they would have one for us as long as we get there that day to pick it up but I can bet I walk in asking for my reserved 32GB and they say something along the lines of "Sorry, we sold out, you will have to wait for a new stock to come in"..

My friend works for an Apple store in New Jersey and he said that if you reserved one and get there by 4PM to pick it up you should be fine but I think I will get there by 7 just in case.

I know what ur sayin and I agree.
I'm gonna try to get there a little earlier. Maybe for 8 I'd I can wake up!
Better safe then sorry!
See ya there!

eldersi
Jun 18, 2010, 10:53 AM
Just got off the phone with Park City Customer Center.... They will be opening the South BonTon entrance at 6:45 that morning. I had to chuckle to myself... I don't think they understand the scale of this event. :eek: But anyways I wanted to share.

sonosaeterno
Jun 18, 2010, 03:29 PM
Just got off the phone with Park City Customer Center.... They will be opening the South BonTon entrance at 6:45 that morning. I had to chuckle to myself... I don't think they understand the scale of this event. :eek: But anyways I wanted to share.

Guess I'll be up early! See you all there :D

raven77
Jun 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
anyone here camping the night before?
Is this Apple store big? I was never there, or any other Apple store actually...
Maybe I can play with an ipad while I'm there.

pacmantech
Jun 18, 2010, 08:07 PM
That 6:45am opening thing is funny, if true. The Park City folks have no idea. What a mess that will be when those mall doors open. Stampede! Being first in line at Park City may mean nothing at all come 6:46am, when the real line forms outside the Apple Store.

WGAL will be there, I'm sure. Camping shouldn't be a problem; I reckon there are some roofed areas near that mall entrance. Or in the tunnel leading to Long's Park! (Folks camp there every night!)

If Starbucks was smart, they would wheel a coffee cart over towards that entrance a few times in the early morning. I bet that the entrance they're opening is the one between Bon Ton and Sears, on the other side from the Starbucks store.

Would like to know who some of you are...bet I know some of you and vice versa. Neat to see a local crowd here.

Anyway, I won't be in for my non-paid online reservation until 8am or so, especially with this crazy 6:45am news. I am hoping the line dissipates by then. I have a backup plan at Best Buy in the afternoon in case. Wish I didn't have to deal with the store madness, but I couldn't get an online order through for the life of me on 6/15.

Appdict
Jun 18, 2010, 10:05 PM
This will be my first launch day event, but I won't be waiting until the store opens. I'll probably be in late-morning. Picking up my black (or possibly white) 32GB. Can't wait!

WGAL will be there, I'm sure.

I'm quite sure too. Although when they report on new Apple products - they sound so dumb explaining what they are, heh.

eldersi
Jun 22, 2010, 10:30 AM
I just found out some more information from Park City... apparently they will not allow anyone on the parking lot until 5:30 that morning. Maybe I'm over estimating what to expect for the initial crowd... but I've been to all of the iPhone launches so far, all at King of Prussia, and each one got bigger and bigger. Maybe the crowd at Park City will not be as large..... hmmmmm.

Deadman64
Jun 22, 2010, 11:47 AM
Glad to see my home county on here. I'm in Atlanta for the summer so I wont get to go to my local Apple Store in park city. :(

playmaker2k7
Jun 22, 2010, 10:55 PM
CAN't WAIT!!

Yebot
Jun 23, 2010, 09:16 AM
Should be a good party

raven77
Jun 23, 2010, 11:05 AM
Should be a good party

I'll bring the drugs and booze, who's bringing the hookers?

aurigus
Jun 23, 2010, 01:59 PM
Just wanted to post that I'll be there early. Didn't arrange for time off work though, that was a crucial mistake. If it looks like its going take a while I might have to bail.

Called Park City before I came here, they did say they are opening at 6:45.

Cya there!

raven77
Jun 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
Just wanted to post that I'll be there early. Didn't arrange for time off work though, that was a crucial mistake. If it looks like its going take a while I might have to bail.

Called Park City before I came here, they did say they are opening at 6:45.

Cya there!

Your not there now are you?!? :eek:
Hopefully someone will update this thread tomorrow morning and let us know what the line looks like.

milerich
Jun 23, 2010, 04:14 PM
Your not there now are you?!? :eek:
Hopefully someone will update this thread tomorrow morning and let us know what the line looks like.

I plan on getting there around 5:15am. I will inform about the line when I arrive.

Dan1740
Jun 23, 2010, 04:44 PM
The Apple website says that the store will open at 7:00AM tomorrow for iPhone buyers. I'm just wondering, maybe they'll have a numbering system so that the determination of who gets an iPhone won't depend on how fast they can run to the Apple store from outside of the mall.

raven77
Jun 23, 2010, 05:27 PM
I plan on getting there around 5:15am. I will inform about the line when I arrive.

Thank you, that would be great!
I am over an hour away. I am going to try to leave my place around 5AM so I should be there sometime before 7 hopefully.
I was going to wait and come in later, but I decided to take off work so I can sleep later if I get tired. :)
thanks again!
BTW My GF got her phone today. She will probably be with me tomorrow so if anyone wants to see the new phone before we go in, let me know!

BFW122083
Jun 23, 2010, 06:10 PM
Anyone getting there early without a reservation? Do you guys think it will even be worth it without a reservation? I'm really thinking about coming early but am afraid of getting turned down lol! Ive only lived in pa for a year and don't know what to expect at park city. Anyone been there before on launch days?

jkiddcali5
Jun 23, 2010, 07:49 PM
The Apple website says that the store will open at 7:00AM tomorrow for iPhone buyers. I'm just wondering, maybe they'll have a numbering system so that the determination of who gets an iPhone won't depend on how fast they can run to the Apple store from outside of the mall.

i was at the 3g launch at park city and anyone who ran, they made them go to the end of the line because they were watching on the security cameras.

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 03:28 AM
Arrived at Apple Store and security says the lot is closed until 6am. Total crap, I am going on foot to remain close.

There were about 10 people here when I got here.

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 03:34 AM
Arrived at Apple Store and security says the lot is closed until 6am. Total crap, I am going on foot to remain close.

There were about 10 people here when I got here.

Wow already?!?
Did u reserve??
I am gonna be there around 6.

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 03:48 AM
I reserved but don't want to be late for work.

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 AM
I reserved but don't want to be late for work.

I can understand that!
I took off work today to be safe!
Did the others reserve?

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 03:55 AM
Not sure but I might be the only reserved person to be so nuts.

I walked over from the Lonestar because they are kicking cars out. They don't seem to be trying to kick pedestrians out though.

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 04:09 AM
Not sure but I might be the only reserved person to be so nuts.

I walked over from the Lonestar because they are kicking cars out. They don't seem to be trying to kick pedestrians out though.

lol don't feel bad man, I got a reserve too and I'm on my way!

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 04:14 AM
I am about 50 back in line. I don't think many ahead of me are reserved though.

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 04:21 AM

50!? Omg
what happened to 10?
lol

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 04:29 AM
50!? Omg
what happened to 10?
lol

The security guy couldn't hold people back anymore.

There are about 100-120 in line now.

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 04:33 AM

The security guy couldn't hold people back anymore.

There are about 100-120 in line now.

OMG!!
This sucks!!
Is there 2 lines? Like one for reserve and one for non reserve?

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 04:37 AM
My reminder email said that there will be two lines.

Not sure whether that is happening at the mall entrance or the Apple store entrance.

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 04:45 AM
My reminder email said that there will be two lines.

Not sure whether that is happening at the mall entrance or the Apple store entrance.

This sucks!
I'm still 48 miles away!
:(

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 04:52 AM
This sucks!
I'm still 48 miles away!
:(

Just heard that there is a queue just inside the mall doors where they will split into reserved and walk-in.

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 05:03 AM
Just heard that there is a queue just inside the mall doors where they will split into reserved and walk-in.

I'm 24 miles away.
There will probably be 350 by the time I get there!
I just hope 320 of them are walk in!

playmaker2k7
Jun 24, 2010, 05:14 AM
Wow just got here, what a line already! Can someone tell me if/when they make two lines.....For Reserves

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 05:20 AM
9 people back in the reserved line!!

playmaker2k7
Jun 24, 2010, 05:24 AM
9 people back in the reserved line!!

Is there two lines??? Still outside....

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 05:34 AM
Is there two lines??? Still outside....

Yup 2 lines!
Most are in the walk in line. Woohoo
I'm not too far back, I see the apple!!

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 05:40 AM
I am 8 back. There are about 18 Genius' in the store. It is dark in there now. Building the hype!!

raven77
Jun 24, 2010, 05:45 AM
I am 8 back. There are about 18 Genius' in the store. It is dark in there now. Building the hype!!

18? Wow. U should see the walk in line! They go all the way outside. Mist be 200 people just in that!
I seen FOX news! woo

milerich
Jun 24, 2010, 09:42 AM
Been playing with the new iphone all morning. Slick look and interface!

Appdict
Jun 24, 2010, 08:52 PM
Showed up around 9. Got my iPhone at 2. I never imagined the line being as horrid as it was. The Auntie Anne's pretzels were good! It still strikes me how the purchase line was heading faster then the reserved. Thankfully I met some quite entertaining guys who were behind me - they were what kept me sane for nearly 5 hours :P

milerich
Jun 26, 2010, 06:09 PM
Showed up around 9. Got my iPhone at 2. I never imagined the line being as horrid as it was. The Auntie Anne's pretzels were good! It still strikes me how the purchase line was heading faster then the reserved. Thankfully I met some quite entertaining guys who were behind me - they were what kept me sane for nearly 5 hours :P

Any more experiences that anyone wants to share from Park City? This was my first launch day experience from Apple, and I was thrilled, except for the mall security misinforming us about when the mall opened (said 6:45, but it opened at 6!).

Overall, it was very cool to see the Apple employees inside the store clapping and cheering at us, then running through the lines hi-fiving everybody. Check out this clip from my now-retired 3GS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulZQu-asdRY