PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, Ohio

rizzy
Jun 9, 2010, 10:33 AM
Who all is planning to wait for the new iPhone at the Apple Store at Easton?

I have never waited for an Apple product at the actual Apple store before. I have always done it at AT&T and Best Buy in the past. I think this year I am going to do it at the Apple store just to try it one time.

Who else is going?

phobic99
Jun 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
Was gonna go for the iPad but pulled out at the last minute. I still don't have the iPad (waiting for Rev 2.).

As far as the iPhone 4, I think I'm just going to get it online this time around.

rizzy
Jun 9, 2010, 11:18 AM
Was gonna go for the iPad but pulled out at the last minute. I still don't have the iPad (waiting for Rev 2.).

As far as the iPhone 4, I think I'm just going to get it online this time around.

Seems like a lot of people are going this route this time around.

Cakester
Jun 9, 2010, 11:27 AM
Seems like a lot of people are going this route this time around.

Fed-ex delivers and time=money !

rizzy
Jun 9, 2010, 12:26 PM
Fed-ex delivers and time=money !

The only reason I would wait in line is so I can get it earlier and still be able to get to work mid morning.

zacharace
Jun 10, 2010, 05:24 PM
I'll be there, along with a few friends. It will be my first Apple "launch line" experience, and I'm psyched! :D

Anyone planning on pre-ordering on the 15th and then picking up on launch day?

cmhsam
Jun 10, 2010, 05:45 PM
I'll be there, along with a few friends. It will be my first Apple "launch line" experience, and I'm psyched! :D

I will be preordering and picking up on launch day...

Fikester
Jun 11, 2010, 12:58 PM

This is what I plan on doing. See you there on the 24th! Say, 7am?

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 11, 2010, 04:56 PM
So I am considering porting my number from Sprint for the new iPhone. My question is if I decide to campout at the Apple store(easton) can Apple handle all of my account creation/ porting of my number right in the store? Also would they be able to apply my employee discount to my contract or would I have to go into ATT for that? Thanks in advance.

cmhsam
Jun 12, 2010, 06:03 AM
So I am considering porting my number from Sprint for the new iPhone. My question is if I decide to campout at the Apple store(easton) can Apple handle all of my account creation/ porting of my number right in the store? Also would they be able to apply my employee discount to my contract or would I have to go into ATT for that? Thanks in advance.

You should check with ATT first. I had a corp discount on my line and when the 3G launched I waited in line only to find out that since my line was considered "business", due to the discount, that I had to go to ATT directly.

cmhsam
Jun 12, 2010, 06:04 AM
Am thinking I am going to line up at Walmart instead...j/k. Funny though that they will be selling the Iphone 4 @ launch. Since they are 24/7 will we be able to get one at 12:01am on the 24th?

rizzy
Jun 13, 2010, 07:42 AM
This is what I plan on doing. See you there on the 24th! Say, 7am?

I know ATT stores are opening at 7am on launch day. I would assume the Apple store would do the same, no?

cmhsam
Jun 14, 2010, 07:55 AM
Anyone know what time the preorders start tomorrow, Tuesday?

cmhsam
Jun 14, 2010, 09:54 AM
Found the time for preorders. Here is a thread outlining the info.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=935883

cmhsam
Jun 15, 2010, 08:10 AM
Just pre-ordered mine for pickup at Easton on the 24th...will see ya'll there

rizzy
Jun 15, 2010, 09:10 AM
Got mine pre-ordered to pick up at Easton.

Now just to figure out a time to get there in the morning on the 24th.

cmhsam
Jun 15, 2010, 12:15 PM
Got mine pre-ordered to pick up at Easton.

Now just to figure out a time to get there in the morning on the 24th.

how about 6:59am and watching everyone's face as you walk past the line and pick up your iphone...i am sure its going to be a zoo the night before although the Easton "Paul Blarts" will probably get on their power trips and force people to not stand in line on Wed night.

rizzy
Jun 16, 2010, 11:49 AM
I have never been to the Apple store for a launch. Do they move people through pretty quick on launch day or is it slow?

I did the AT&T store for the 3G launch and it was super slow as they only had 8-10 people being activated at a time.

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 16, 2010, 06:10 PM
how about 6:59am and watching everyone's face as you walk past the line and pick up your iphone...i am sure its going to be a zoo the night before although the Easton "Paul Blarts" will probably get on their power trips and force people to not stand in line on Wed night.

Can they do that? I have gone to see a movie in Easton before when the mall was closed and no one bothered us walking through. Where would we go if they refused to let us line up?

damitssam
Jun 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
I called the apple store, and apparently you can't line up until 6 am, those security guys wont let you stand in line. So save some sleep. I'll be there at 545 and just bum rush it when they allow people to be in line.

cmhsam
Jun 16, 2010, 09:17 PM
I called the apple store, and apparently you can't line up until 6 am, those security guys wont let you stand in line. So save some sleep. I'll be there at 545 and just bum rush it when they allow people to be in line.

I say we all show up at the Tim Hortons around the corner from Easton at 5am and trek over there at 5:30 and get lined up. What is Paul Blart going to do? Ask us to leave? We say no. They have no authority to kick us out or forcibly remove us. By the time Columbus PD gets the call, it gets prioritized low in their call queue, and then gets dispatched to two available officers it will be well past 6am. I have never been there that early for a launch but think it would be cool to experience.

cmhsam
Jun 16, 2010, 09:19 PM
Can they do that? I have gone to see a movie in Easton before when the mall was closed and no one bothered us walking through. Where would we go if they refused to let us line up?

All the security can do is ask you to leave. If you say "no" they have no authority to physically touch you or remove you from the premises. If they touch you its assault and you can have the security guards arrested. All those security guys can do is ask. They are eyes and ears. Do you really think Columbus PD is going to worry about a group of people who are not causing problems lining up for a phone...please..they have more issues to deal with vs these clowns.

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 17, 2010, 01:51 AM
This completely changes my game plan.. I wonder if anyone could call Easton and see if they would adjust the policy for the day? Did anyone camp at this location before? No WAY could I risk just showing up at 6am without a reservation.. What if EVERYONE else just camped regardless of Mr. Blart? Then I am out an iPhone. This entire launch is a mess.. Wish I could have gotten one of the 2k tries to reserve to work..

damitssam
Jun 17, 2010, 05:40 AM
Guys, I seriously doubt if we show up at opening time that there is not enough iphones to go around. Isn't it true each store gets 1000+ in stock? Its not like the ps3 with only 30 to go around. I've been reading on the iphone/3g/3gs launches, seems like almost always in stock throughout the day, ending in the afternoon.

rizzy
Jun 17, 2010, 06:27 AM
With the huge amount of pre-orders that took place, are the stores even going to have stock to just sell people that don't have a reservation?

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 17, 2010, 11:49 AM
Exactly, I don't think Apple has ever sold 600,000 phones in one day before either.I expect stock to be very limited.

cmhsam
Jun 17, 2010, 03:30 PM
This completely changes my game plan.. I wonder if anyone could call Easton and see if they would adjust the policy for the day? Did anyone camp at this location before? No WAY could I risk just showing up at 6am without a reservation.. What if EVERYONE else just camped regardless of Mr. Blart? Then I am out an iPhone. This entire launch is a mess.. Wish I could have gotten one of the 2k tries to reserve to work..

Easton wont make an exception for the Apple Iphone 4 launch. If they make one exception it opens up a whole can of worms for the future with other stores. No one is going to be allowed to camp out per Easton Security Policy. Not sure how its been done in the past. Maybe someone who has been there for the 3G, 3GS, IPAD Launch can chime in?

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 17, 2010, 05:18 PM
That is completely unbelievable.. I know of a couple of bars that would be open until 2am in easton but that leaves 5hours to go.. I am absolutely shocked. I hope someone hops on and gives some information on what has been done in the past. Does anyone else invision people either sneaking in or a group of 100 plus people running to the store at 6am trying to make sure they get an iPhone. Trust me it will be PACKED.

cmhsam
Jun 17, 2010, 05:21 PM
That is completely unbelievable.. I know of a couple of bars that would be open until 2am in easton but that leaves 5hours to go.. I am absolutely shocked. I hope someone hops on and gives some information on what has been done in the past. Does anyone else invision people either sneaking in or a group of 100 plus people running to the store at 6am trying to make sure they get an iPhone. Trust me it will be PACKED.

Like I said earlier if there is a mass number of people there the security cant do anything other than ask you to leave. If CPD gets dispatched do you think they are going to make a big deal about people lining up early, peacefully? CPD wont care. They will just stand around and make sure nothing happens. We should all plan on meeting at a certain time and enjoy the excitement together.

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 17, 2010, 05:44 PM
Oh I am definitely going to listen to security and or police. I have no intentions of breaking the law I am simply trying to avoid this.. I found this in a post on another part of the forum.

I remember this scenario from last year when my brother and I went at 5AM to Menlo Park Mall, Edison, NJ for our 3GS's.

The guard was hanging out and circling the top level of the mall parking lot, and anyone that came up the ramp had to turn around and go back down.

I was lucky enough to park on the bottom level and take the staircase all the way up, just hiding out of view of the security guard. A small gathering of people quickly formed behind us.

Just a few minutes later, a mob from the outer ring of the parking lot came running to us, screaming that they were here all night and they should be allowed first. You can imagine how that went down. Security got wind of our presence, and even though he recognized some of the people he turned away and who stayed overnight, we remained in our spots until they allowed us in the mall.

That was all fine and dandy, until we found other people were already on a line INSIDE THE MALL.. they happened to actually sneak into the mall from another entrance and were hiding in those corridors behind and between the stores.

I don't condone sneaking into the property, but if you don't, someone else will.

rizzy
Jun 17, 2010, 07:35 PM
Oh I am definitely going to listen to security and or police. I have no intentions of breaking the law I am simply trying to avoid this.. I found this in a post on another part of the forum.

I remember this scenario from last year when my brother and I went at 5AM to Menlo Park Mall, Edison, NJ for our 3GS's.

The guard was hanging out and circling the top level of the mall parking lot, and anyone that came up the ramp had to turn around and go back down.

I was lucky enough to park on the bottom level and take the staircase all the way up, just hiding out of view of the security guard. A small gathering of people quickly formed behind us.

Just a few minutes later, a mob from the outer ring of the parking lot came running to us, screaming that they were here all night and they should be allowed first. You can imagine how that went down. Security got wind of our presence, and even though he recognized some of the people he turned away and who stayed overnight, we remained in our spots until they allowed us in the mall.

That was all fine and dandy, until we found other people were already on a line INSIDE THE MALL.. they happened to actually sneak into the mall from another entrance and were hiding in those corridors behind and between the stores.

I don't condone sneaking into the property, but if you don't, someone else will.

That sounds like an indoor mall. Yeah, that would be a little risky police wise in that situation.

With Apple store being outdoors it makes it a lot harder to control.

cmhsam
Jun 17, 2010, 08:20 PM

How is standing on public property breaking the law? I too do not want to break the law. Either way I am ok since I have a reserved phone.

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 17, 2010, 10:52 PM
This all could have been avoided if I ould have reserved a phone. I tried for hours and just couldn't get one. Error after error. I also talked to the Apple store and they said absolutely no one on proporty until security says so. My question was how do we know when that is? He didn't know the answer to that question.

cmhsam
Jun 18, 2010, 06:55 AM
This all could have been avoided if I ould have reserved a phone. I tried for hours and just couldn't get one. Error after error. I also talked to the Apple store and they said absolutely no one on proporty until security says so. My question was how do we know when that is? He didn't know the answer to that question.

Have to call Paul Blart :)

MarbleHouse
Jun 18, 2010, 08:49 AM
I heard that the Apple store at Easton isn't going to be open due to a water leak. To save you guys time, I'll check it out next Thursday morning and report back.

:D

Mike Reed
Jun 18, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm curious how big the line's going to be. The iPad wait wasn't too bad, but then everyone buying one didn't have to go through an activation process. The closer to 7 AM the better. If AT&T's servers act up, its only going to get worse as the other time zones start to activate.

cmhsam
Jun 18, 2010, 09:08 AM
I'm curious how big the line's going to be. The iPad wait wasn't too bad, but then everyone buying one didn't have to go through an activation process. The closer to 7 AM the better. If AT&T's servers act up, its only going to get worse as the other time zones start to activate.

If the pre-order process was any indication expect problems. Anyone know what I can get for a black 8GB 3G? Its in great condition no scratches.

TechKnow
Jun 18, 2010, 07:38 PM
If you have never seen a launch line, here is one we did for the iPad launch at Easton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ao9k1fpurY

bmwguy80
Jun 18, 2010, 09:39 PM
How is standing on public property breaking the law? I too do not want to break the law. Either way I am ok since I have a reserved phone.

Because mall property is actually private property :)

Mike Reed
Jun 19, 2010, 12:26 AM

One of the advantages being that those parking meters are really more of a suggestion than a real government backed meter. :P

cmhsam
Jun 19, 2010, 08:43 AM
One of the advantages being that those parking meters are really more of a suggestion than a real government backed meter. :P

Is that why I always throw away those tickets :)..

cmhsam
Jun 19, 2010, 08:44 AM

duly noted. i would say hanging out behind the hilton might be a good spot but still wont get us too far ahead.

cmhsam
Jun 19, 2010, 08:46 AM
how many of you did a reservation at the store or are you taking your chances without a pre-order? with the amount of pre-orders i cant imagine too many customers would get one on launch day by standing in line...who is going to call the local media and let them know to come hang with us?

cmhsam
Jun 19, 2010, 08:50 AM
If you have never seen a launch line, here is one we did for the iPad launch at Easton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ao9k1fpurY

Great video. Techknow, are you the interviewer? Also there is a young man who was interviewed for the ipad and he got in line at 9 "last night". Wonder how they let him line up "last night" and not send him home?

rizzy
Jun 19, 2010, 10:15 AM
how many of you did a reservation at the store or are you taking your chances without a pre-order? with the amount of pre-orders i cant imagine too many customers would get one on launch day by standing in line...who is going to call the local media and let them know to come hang with us?

I did get mine pre-ordered. I hope there is not many people trying to line up the night before for this thing. I am just trying to get it early so I can get to work mid-morning.

cmhsam
Jun 19, 2010, 02:28 PM
I did get mine pre-ordered. I hope there is not many people trying to line up the night before for this thing. I am just trying to get it early so I can get to work mid-morning.

I would be more concerned about activation. That could really slow things down if the servers have problems

Mike Reed
Jun 19, 2010, 03:14 PM

I placed a reservation with the app after trying unsuccessfully to actually order one off the site for a few hours.

I think it could go either way for those without any reservation or pre-order. I could see Apple setting aside a set amount and not having those be part of the pre-order/reserve pool before they even started taking them but I could also see them not expecting the rush they got and just planning on divvying up the non-spoken for stock.

Hopefully those that could only get the reservation to work and got their confirmation email are guaranteed to get one. Otherwise I'll be a sad panda.

TechKnow
Jun 19, 2010, 06:55 PM
Great video. Techknow, are you the interviewer? Also there is a young man who was interviewed for the ipad and he got in line at 9 "last night". Wonder how they let him line up "last night" and not send him home?

Yes, that is me, Chris. I don't know, we got there 30 minutes before the open.

About those tickets, if you don't pay them, the next time you park there, they will put a "boot" on your car to immobilize it until you pay. Just a word to the wise.

TheGambler22
Jun 19, 2010, 09:31 PM
My partner and I stop in this store almost daily, and speak with different reps each time. Some have been there for the past few launches, and some newbies. From what we've gotten... They will have 2 lines (reserves and first-come basis), and two inventories. The one common statement is that you shouldn't line up until 6am 'per Easton regulations'. However... we DO know others have lined up much sooner, if not almost a day before. I, too, do not believe they will enforce the time restriction as long as we don't start trouble. Park at Macy's and see how it looks? LOL The most that will happen is a tap on your window or shoulder to move along... and we were even told that as long as we were not 'lingering' that they wouldn't say anything to us at all. (of course defeats the purpose of LINING up) Anyhow... we live about 10 minutes away and will be there early! See you all then, Starbucks in hand!:D

cmhsam
Jun 19, 2010, 09:52 PM
I placed a reservation with the app after trying unsuccessfully to actually order one off the site for a few hours.

I think it could go either way for those without any reservation or pre-order. I could see Apple setting aside a set amount and not having those be part of the pre-order/reserve pool before they even started taking them but I could also see them not expecting the rush they got and just planning on divvying up the non-spoken for stock.

Hopefully those that could only get the reservation to work and got their confirmation email are guaranteed to get one. Otherwise I'll be a sad panda.

So i would think they would get a report of the pre-order/reservations Wed and put those aside until close of business Thursday. The email I received for my pre-order/reservation said they will hold it until close of business Thursday. I would think any pre-order/reservation phones not picked up Thursday would be available to general public Friday? For those that dont get one Thursday it might be worth the while to line up early Friday?

Yes, that is me, Chris. I don't know, we got there 30 minutes before the open.

About those tickets, if you don't pay them, the next time you park there, they will put a "boot" on your car to immobilize it until you pay. Just a word to the wise.

Chris, you are correct. Too bad their computer systems are down majority of the time so they cant check :)

My partner and I stop in this store almost daily, and speak with different reps each time. Some have been there for the past few launches, and some newbies. From what we've gotten... They will have 2 lines (reserves and first-come basis), and two inventories. The one common statement is that you shouldn't line up until 6am 'per Easton regulations'. However... we DO know others have lined up much sooner, if not almost a day before. I, too, do not believe they will enforce the time restriction as long as we don't start trouble. Park at Macy's and see how it looks? LOL The most that will happen is a tap on your window or shoulder to move along... and we were even told that as long as we were not 'lingering' that they wouldn't say anything to us at all. (of course defeats the purpose of LINING up) Anyhow... we live about 10 minutes away and will be there early! See you all then, Starbucks in hand!:D

So why dont we all meet up at 5:00am at the Starbucks in Easton or at the Tim Hortons around the corner?

TheGambler22
Jun 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
@cmhsam - So why dont we all meet up at 5:00am at the Starbucks in Easton or at the Tim Hortons around the corner?

Why not? What could be better than hanging out in the wee hours of the morning discussing our anxiety over the wait? As long as I have my coffee, all will be fine. Now that I've broken my old iPhone case (which I'm proudly handing down to my mother) and have to run by the :apple: Store to snag a new one, I'll be sure to ask another rep my same set of questions and will post any discrepancies.I think the Starbucks opens @ 6am, not sure of Tim Horton's. I don't foresee any backlash from the Security either as long as we're abiding to all other rules.

cmhsam
Jun 20, 2010, 11:22 AM
@cmhsam - So why dont we all meet up at 5:00am at the Starbucks in Easton or at the Tim Hortons around the corner?

Why not? What could be better than hanging out in the wee hours of the morning discussing our anxiety over the wait? As long as I have my coffee, all will be fine. Now that I've broken my old iPhone case (which I'm proudly handing down to my mother) and have to run by the :apple: Store to snag a new one, I'll be sure to ask another rep my same set of questions and will post any discrepancies.I think the Starbucks opens @ 6am, not sure of Tim Horton's. I don't foresee any backlash from the Security either as long as we're abiding to all other rules.

So why dont we meet at 5am at the Apple store then? I can bring Tim Hortons donuts :)

hellspawn2
Jun 20, 2010, 07:44 PM
So why dont we meet at 5am at the Apple store then? I can bring Tim Hortons donuts :)

I keep thinking about hitting Easton or the AT&T store out in Pic-town.

TechKnow (Chris)..this is your neighbor across the street Brian. Let me know if your going to Easton.

TechKnow
Jun 20, 2010, 10:00 PM
I keep thinking about hitting Easton or the AT&T store out in Pic-town.

TechKnow (Chris)..this is your neighbor across the street Brian. Let me know if your going to Easton.

Hey Brian! Small world. I pre ordered mine on Tuesday at the ATT on Hamilton. I'll be at home looking for the FedEx truck during the day and talking about it on the live show that night @ 6 on talktainmentradio.com

hellspawn2
Jun 20, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hey Brian! Small world. I pre ordered mine on Tuesday at the ATT on Hamilton. I'll be at home looking for the FedEx truck during the day and talking about it on the live show that night @ 6 on talktainmentradio.com

Hey!! small world it is!! It was funny.. i looked at your ipad video and kept thinking. I know that guy!! It took me a minute to figure it out! :)
I will be camping out at Hamilton or the one on 256. I tried to preorder but couldnt get through att site. I will try to listen in that night.

damitssam
Jun 20, 2010, 11:08 PM
I was shopping in Easton for some clothes. Stopped in again. Asked again, finally at least got confirmation about walk ins. The guy basically said if I arrive during the early morning hours, I should be fine.

He did say that Easton security will be circling around the area in their little bicycles and denying anyone entrance into the mall. Again, best plan would be to park and wait till around 5:45 and just keep hammering away at these pesky security guards.

cmhsam
Jun 21, 2010, 07:20 AM
I was shopping in Easton for some clothes. Stopped in again. Asked again, finally at least got confirmation about walk ins. The guy basically said if I arrive during the early morning hours, I should be fine.

He did say that Easton security will be circling around the area in their little bicycles and denying anyone entrance into the mall. Again, best plan would be to park and wait till around 5:45 and just keep hammering away at these pesky security guards.

Look forward to seeing everyone there. Sounds like they should have enough phones for the ones that pre-ordered.

Mike Reed
Jun 21, 2010, 09:51 AM

Did he happen to mention what time the security guards would be officially ok with people starting to line up? I know the official opening time of Easton in general is 10 AM on Thursdays but I'd imagine with the Apple store opening at 7 that would be lowered.

digifork
Jun 21, 2010, 10:12 AM
I spoke to mall security and they said they will not allow anyone to line up until 6AM.

So for those in this thread who wanted to challenge mall security and line up early, if they tell you to leave and you don't they can call the cops (or maybe the cops will already be there for an event this large) and have you removed from the premises.

Remember... the mall is private property and the mall cops do have the authority to detain you until the police show up. So if you do show up earlier than 6AM and they tell you to leave, do what they tell you to do! The second you refuse to leave you are trespassing!

TechKnow
Jun 21, 2010, 11:32 AM
I spoke to mall security and they said they will not allow anyone to line up until 6AM.

So for those in this thread who wanted to challenge mall security and line up early, if they tell you to leave and you don't they can call the cops (or maybe the cops will already be there for an event this large) and have you removed from the premises.

Remember... the mall is private property and the mall cops do have the authority to detain you until the police show up. So if you do show up earlier than 6AM and they tell you to leave, do what they tell you to do! The second you refuse to leave you are trespassing!

Thanks for the update digifork.

cmhsam
Jun 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
Did he happen to mention what time the security guards would be officially ok with people starting to line up? I know the official opening time of Easton in general is 10 AM on Thursdays but I'd imagine with the Apple store opening at 7 that would be lowered.

I will be at Easton later today and will check as well.

Thanks for the update. Anyone else picking up a reserved iphone 4 Thursday? I just got a 2nd email from Apple reminding me to pick up my reserved Iphone this Thursday.

rizzy
Jun 21, 2010, 01:37 PM
From the video that was posted earlier in this thread the couple of people talked to said they were there the night before the launch. I don't see security doing anything.

I got my second confirmation reminder about my iPhone reservation today. It's getting closer.

cmhsam
Jun 21, 2010, 03:20 PM
From the video that was posted earlier in this thread the couple of people talked to said they were there the night before the launch. I don't see security doing anything.

I got my second confirmation reminder about my iPhone reservation today. It's getting closer.

Rizzy - my thoughts exactly about people lining up the night before.

rizzy
Jun 21, 2010, 04:34 PM
Rizzy - my thoughts exactly about people lining up the night before.

I refuse to line up the night before that is just too much.

I am thinking of getting over there around 5 and see what it's like then.

MacintoshJosh3
Jun 21, 2010, 05:13 PM
Seems odd, I have talked to a few people recently who said they camped overnight for the 3GS? I don't understand how they were considered exceptions or what but think about the people who couldn't reserve and show up at 6am to see 100 people already in line? Doesn't sound fun to me at all.

TheGambler22
Jun 21, 2010, 08:39 PM
Now that I'm on hour 5 with my 3G update to iOS 4.0.... I REALLY want my new iPhone 4. I too recvd my email confirmation. My partner and I are leaving around 5 for the store. If nothing else, hang in the car and listen to tunes until they open. Knowing that they are confident to have our reserved phones in stock, I'm not willing to ruffle any security guard's feathers. See you all then!

BuckeyeDonovan
Jun 21, 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm hoping to be joining the iPhone crowd finally (stubbornly stuck with verizon but my Windows Mobile "smart" phone is the proverbial straw, HTC Touch Pro 2) but I'm wondering something.

I'm going to be joining a family plan, and the owner of the account (the only person who could have pre-ordered or reserved me a phone) happens to be my dad, who lives an hour and a half away. I've convinced him to come out on thursday but he won't be here until around 9-10am. So since I'll be one of the unlucky walk-ins does anyone think there'll be a chance of me getting an iPhone? Or should I just wait, I was kind of hoping for a white one, but I need to get rid of this crappy WinMo phone.

cmhsam
Jun 21, 2010, 09:53 PM
I refuse to line up the night before that is just too much.

I am thinking of getting over there around 5 and see what it's like then.

I will be there at 5 as well.

Seems odd, I have talked to a few people recently who said they camped overnight for the 3GS? I don't understand how they were considered exceptions or what but think about the people who couldn't reserve and show up at 6am to see 100 people already in line? Doesn't sound fun to me at all.

Speaking with the Apple store today they deferred to the Security Guards for further questions. My guess is spirit of the law vs letter of the law. I would hope if people are just being respectful they wont give us any grief.

Now that I'm on hour 5 with my 3G update to iOS 4.0.... I REALLY want my new iPhone 4. I too recvd my email confirmation. My partner and I are leaving around 5 for the store. If nothing else, hang in the car and listen to tunes until they open. Knowing that they are confident to have our reserved phones in stock, I'm not willing to ruffle any security guard's feathers. See you all then!

+1. Not going to upset anyone and am looking fw to the new phone. Doesnt seem like the new OS did much for the 3G. At least I havent noticed much.

I'm hoping to be joining the iPhone crowd finally (stubbornly stuck with verizon but my Windows Mobile "smart" phone is the proverbial straw, HTC Touch Pro 2) but I'm wondering something.

I'm going to be joining a family plan, and the owner of the account (the only person who could have pre-ordered or reserved me a phone) happens to be my dad, who lives an hour and a half away. I've convinced him to come out on thursday but he won't be here until around 9-10am. So since I'll be one of the unlucky walk-ins does anyone think there'll be a chance of me getting an iPhone? Or should I just wait, I was kind of hoping for a white one, but I need to get rid of this crappy WinMo phone.

If your dad adds you as a "authorized user" on the account and provides your social security number to be added to the account you should be all set. Worst case open a new line in your name, get the iphone 4, and then walk over to an ATT store in a few days to cancel your newly opened line and have them take your Iphone 4 and xfer to your family plan.

cmhsam
Jun 21, 2010, 09:54 PM

Wait for the phone you want not just to have an Iphone 4. 12 months is a long time to wait for your next upgrade but you also have a 30 day return policy with a 15% restocking fee. If apple releases the white 4 then just exchange the phone. You are only out 15%.

BuckeyeDonovan
Jun 21, 2010, 10:07 PM
Wait for the phone you want not just to have an Iphone 4. 12 months is a long time to wait for your next upgrade but you also have a 30 day return policy with a 15% restocking fee. If apple releases the white 4 then just exchange the phone. You are only out 15%.

Eh, the white phone isn't a huge deal, I'd be perfectly happy with a black one. I just need a phone that doesn't suck.

As for being added as an "authorized user", can that be done on the internet? If so I'm sure I could either guide my dad through the process or get his info and do it myself, it would be way better to not have to have him drive all the way here just for us to walk away empty handed. If I can make it so I can be there by myself, and even earlier than 9-10am that would be awesome.

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 06:59 AM
Eh, the white phone isn't a huge deal, I'd be perfectly happy with a black one. I just need a phone that doesn't suck.

As for being added as an "authorized user", can that be done on the internet? If so I'm sure I could either guide my dad through the process or get his info and do it myself, it would be way better to not have to have him drive all the way here just for us to walk away empty handed. If I can make it so I can be there by myself, and even earlier than 9-10am that would be awesome.

Not 100% sure but I think this can only be done in store on via ATT customer service.

bmwguy80
Jun 22, 2010, 08:06 AM
As for being added as an "authorized user", can that be done on the internet?

It actually can be done via the Internet. I was able to add my wife via the website without any problem. Just login to your account on the AT&T site, click the 'My Profile' link, scroll to the bottom and you should see a section titled 'Authorized Users - Retail Store' and a link below that says 'Add New User'

BuckeyeDonovan
Jun 22, 2010, 10:03 AM
It actually can be done via the Internet. I was able to add my wife via the website without any problem. Just login to your account on the AT&T site, click the 'My Profile' link, scroll to the bottom and you should see a section titled 'Authorized Users - Retail Store' and a link below that says 'Add New User'

Awesome, thanks.

Hyr
Jun 22, 2010, 10:58 AM
I've been holding out for the white iPhone, but the black is really growing on me. I have no reservation/pre-order since I was planning on holding out for the white. Still deciding if I should go for the black, or if it's even worth my time going to Easton since I dont have a reservation.

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 02:12 PM
Seems like Apple has already started to deliver iphone 4 to customers via Fedex. Apple stores are not breaking street date for preorders. I was hoping they would. Spoke with Bethany at the Apple Store. Easton Security will let you line up as early as 5am. Easton Security confirmed the 5am as well and also added if you are on property before 5am you will be asked to leave for the DAY. If you return the same day you will be cited for trespassing. WOW!

TechKnow
Jun 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
Looks like the ATT store will NOT have inventory for walk-ins on Thursday.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/06/22/its-official-no-att-iphone-4s-to-be-sold-until-june-29th/

Better camp the Apple Store instead.

Updated: It's posted here now: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/22/no-walk-in-iphone-4-sales-at-atandt-retail-stores-until-june-29th/

jsbaugh
Jun 22, 2010, 03:25 PM
I was at Easton for the ipad launch at 5am and there were at least 20 in front of me. Im going to play it safe and go over around 4am and check it out. Worst case is sleep in the car for an hour as the parking lot is next to the store.

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 03:54 PM
I was at Easton for the ipad launch at 5am and there were at least 20 in front of me. Im going to play it safe and go over around 4am and check it out. Worst case is sleep in the car for an hour as the parking lot is next to the store.

Send an update when you get there :)

bmwguy80
Jun 22, 2010, 04:55 PM
I was at Easton for the ipad launch at 5am and there were at least 20 in front of me.

Which line were you in? Reservation or non-reservation?

rizzy
Jun 22, 2010, 05:29 PM
Can you park in the lots and stay in your car? or will they come over there and ask people to leave as well?

hellspawn2
Jun 22, 2010, 05:49 PM
Looks like i will be there about 5. Anyone know if they will have any 32g? And can we purchase more then 1?

TheGambler22
Jun 22, 2010, 05:49 PM
As a FYI to all those who did not reserve, you can call and get a 'reservation' w/ Apple for another day. They will have stock. Called yesterday for a friend and got him Fri 25th @ 6:30pm. He will have iPhone 4 in hand and set up for a new AT&T account (had to have AT&T verify that prior to setting up the appt). They had 22 spots open at that moment, like dinner reservations. Advised him if he was late or missed, no phone, no holds.
However, told another friend of this and when she called today, Fri was booked. She didn't ask about other dates. May be something to look into though, since they are looking at replenishing stock, and AT&T is held up until the 29th.
Seeing how we can now line up around 5am, I think we will head over around 4:30. (Who needs sleep?) See you all then... I am currently attempting my 3G update again, LOL.

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 06:31 PM
Can you park in the lots and stay in your car? or will they come over there and ask people to leave as well?

Not sure. I was hoping to park in one of the parallel spots around the apple store. I assume and hope as long as we are peaceful they will let us be.

Looks like i will be there about 5. Anyone know if they will have any 32g? And can we purchase more then 1?

I was curios about 32GB as well. I was hoping to upgrade from the 16gb which i have on reserve. From what I hear you should be able to purchase one per line on the account?

As a FYI to all those who did not reserve, you can call and get a 'reservation' w/ Apple for another day. They will have stock. Called yesterday for a friend and got him Fri 25th @ 6:30pm. He will have iPhone 4 in hand and set up for a new AT&T account (had to have AT&T verify that prior to setting up the appt). They had 22 spots open at that moment, like dinner reservations. Advised him if he was late or missed, no phone, no holds.
However, told another friend of this and when she called today, Fri was booked. She didn't ask about other dates. May be something to look into though, since they are looking at replenishing stock, and AT&T is held up until the 29th.
Seeing how we can now line up around 5am, I think we will head over around 4:30. (Who needs sleep?) See you all then... I am currently attempting my 3G update again, LOL.

+1. We can sleep everyday but dont get the chance to share in the new Iphone every day, just once a summer.

rizzy
Jun 22, 2010, 07:05 PM

I had to backup my 3g first, then restore my phone from the os4 file then restore my phone from my backup file.

I let the update go on my phone all last night and it was not finished in the morning. I did the above this evening and was done in about an hour and a half.

rizzy
Jun 22, 2010, 07:07 PM
What time does Tim Hortons open up in the morning?

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 07:08 PM
What time does Tim Hortons open up in the morning?

24x7

hellspawn2
Jun 22, 2010, 07:27 PM
Ok I just talked to a person she said you can purchase up to 2. She also said they have no clue on inventory which I find hard to believe but whatever! I maybe game for Tim's! I will need coffee for sure!!

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 08:31 PM
Ok I just talked to a person she said you can purchase up to 2. She also said they have no clue on inventory which I find hard to believe but whatever! I maybe game for Tim's! I will need coffee for sure!!

I plan on being there at 5am. Dont think TH is going to me in my plan now.

Mike Reed
Jun 22, 2010, 09:11 PM
Just a heads up in case this affects anyone, after speaking with an employee at the Easton store over the phone I was told that unlike the iPad policy reversal you still can not purchase an iPhone with cash even if you reserved through your apple account. I was also told a credit check will be run after I had already mentioned that I'm a current AT&T customer with a 3GS. I would think this last bit was simply a misunderstanding on her part but on the off chance it isn't just an FYI.

The cash bit is disappointing. :(

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 09:34 PM

Just a heads up in case this affects anyone, after speaking with an employee at the Easton store over the phone I was told that unlike the iPad policy reversal you still can not purchase an iPhone with cash even if you reserved through your apple account. I was also told a credit check will be run after I had already mentioned that I'm a current AT&T customer with a 3GS. I would think this last bit was simply a misunderstanding on her part but on the off chance it isn't just an FYI.

The cash bit is disappointing. :(

I dont think she is right about the credit check. If you are just upgrading your device and already an ATT customers then know credit check is required. If they run a credit check its a hit on your credit which in turn lowers your score. I would think its foolish for anyone to take a negative hit on your credit score to secure this device. If this was truly the case we would have seen people in arms about it already. I think she is wrong.

hellspawn2
Jun 22, 2010, 10:38 PM
I dont think she is right about the credit check. If you are just upgrading your device and already an ATT customers then know credit check is required. If they run a credit check its a hit on your credit which in turn lowers your score. I would think its foolish for anyone to take a negative hit on your credit score to secure this device. If this was truly the case we would have seen people in arms about it already. I think she is wrong.

She didnt say anything about a credit check for existing customers. She did say credit card only.

cmhsam
Jun 22, 2010, 10:55 PM
She didnt say anything about a credit check for existing customers. She did say credit card only.

My mistake then :).. See you Thursday.

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 12:04 AM
My mistake then :).. See you Thursday.

You betcha!!

Mike Reed
Jun 23, 2010, 12:26 AM

Specifically, she did mention it to me - that a credit card was required and that it was for a credit check. Like I said though, it could very well have been a miscommunication and that she didn't get what I meant when I mentioned already having an iPhone (3GS) with AT&T. Otherwise I agree, it really makes no sense.

I also think the credit card only restriction doesn't make much sense either. By activating it and tying it to my account at the store they should be able to record who I am and that I purchased one. Even with my drivers license they should be able to know that.

Since I don't have any cards with my name I'm now going to have to scramble to figure something out. I wonder why their iPad policy revision isn't coming into play here.

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 05:34 AM
Specifically, she did mention it to me - that a credit card was required and that it was for a credit check. Like I said though, it could very well have been a miscommunication and that she didn't get what I meant when I mentioned already having an iPhone (3GS) with AT&T. Otherwise I agree, it really makes no sense.

I also think the credit card only restriction doesn't make much sense either. By activating it and tying it to my account at the store they should be able to record who I am and that I purchased one. Even with my drivers license they should be able to know that.

Since I don't have any cards with my name I'm now going to have to scramble to figure something out. I wonder why their iPad policy revision isn't coming into play here.

I plan on using my credit/debit card. If you dont have either one of those i would say goto your bank and get a visa gift card. I believe they have to take those as well. You could call and double check. If they do then your golden!!

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 06:07 AM
I plan on using my credit/debit card. If you dont have either one of those i would say goto your bank and get a visa gift card. I believe they have to take those as well. You could call and double check. If they do then your golden!!

Less then 24 hours left...

TechKnow
Jun 23, 2010, 06:30 AM
Hellspawn2, I might not make the launch party in the morning. Would you be willing to call the show tomorrow night and give an on air interview about the experience? We will do a segment between 6:10 and 6:30 on the show about the iphone 4 launch.

Goto http://www.talktainmentradio.com/pages/6374084.php? for the live show info and phone number.

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 07:01 AM
Hellspawn2, I might not make the launch party in the morning. Would you be willing to call the show tomorrow night and give an on air interview about the experience? We will do a segment between 6:10 and 6:30 on the show about the iphone 4 launch.

Goto http://www.talktainmentradio.com/pages/6374084.php? for the live show info and phone number.

I will make sure my publicist is there :)

TechKnow
Jun 23, 2010, 07:09 AM
I will make sure my publicist is there :)

Your welcome and encouraged to call in too!

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 07:20 AM

I will try but i cant promise. I have to get the kids to track practice over in Reynoldsburg.

Dfndr90
Jun 23, 2010, 08:09 AM
Picked up my iPhone 4 at FedEx this morning at 8:00 in Columbus Ohio.

bmwguy80
Jun 23, 2010, 08:12 AM

Did it show as having made it to Columbus when you tracked it? Mine has said "Departed FedEx location Indianapolis" since 3am and am wondering if it just wasn't scanned when it got here or if it's lost on I70 somewhere.

Dfndr90
Jun 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
Did it show as having made it to Columbus when you tracked it? Mine has said "Departed FedEx location Indianapolis" since 3am and am wondering if it just wasn't scanned when it got here or if it's lost on I70 somewhere.

Yes it showed as being in Columbus (Tuesday) since last night at about 18:30.

bmwguy80
Jun 23, 2010, 08:20 AM
Yes it showed as being in Columbus (Tuesday) since last night at about 18:30.

Hm... bummer for me. I guess I'll be getting it tomorrow. Thanks for checking though!

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 08:29 AM

SWEET!!

TechKnow
Jun 23, 2010, 08:50 AM

What do you have to do to pick it up vs. delivery?

KLind
Jun 23, 2010, 09:32 AM
So does anyone know the situation regarding the White iPhone 4 in Columbus? The Easton Apple Store said they won't have them for launch, but Best Buy claims they will. Does anyone know any more than that?

And yes, I regret not pre-ordering.

Dfndr90
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 AM

You have to work for FedEx:cool:

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 09:35 AM
Not sure why the Apple Store wont allow "reserved" phones to be picked up early if UPS and Fedex are allowed to break street date.

So does anyone know the situation regarding the White iPhone 4 in Columbus? The Easton Apple Store said they won't have them for launch, but Best Buy claims they will. Does anyone know any more than that?

And yes, I regret not pre-ordering.

I would be shocked if BB had them and the Apple Store did not. I wouldnt expect any white Iphones

KLind
Jun 23, 2010, 09:42 AM
I would be shocked if BB had them and the Apple Store did not. I wouldnt expect any white Iphones

That's what I would figure too, but it's just weird that it would show up on their shipment list if it wasn't going to actually be there. It would be completely backwards though. I just wish there were more concrete statements regarding what the White iPhone 4 delay is all about.

rizzy
Jun 23, 2010, 09:42 AM
Not sure why the Apple Store wont allow "reserved" phones to be picked up early if UPS and Fedex are allowed to break street date.

I don't think UPS and Fedex broke the street date. I believe this was the plan all along. This will help ease the strain on Apple servers and AT&T servers by splitting the two days instead of everyone activating all at once on one day.

Good plan on their part. I just hope it works and everything stays up and live tomorrow.

Metsfan7450
Jun 23, 2010, 09:48 AM
I just stopped by the Easton store and confirmed that security will allow people to start lining up at 5:00am. The Apple employee I spoke with said they won't have the white iphones and that security will ask people that show up before 5:00 to leave the premises. I'm thinking of getting to the Macy's parking lot around 4:00, just to check it out. I don't have a pre-order but am hoping to get one as a "walk-in."

jsbaugh
Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 AM
Which line were you in? Reservation or non-reservation?

I was in the reservation line, but there were at least 20 in the non res. line that early.

If I could do it over I wouldnt have shown up so early because the reservation line was a lot shorter overall and the line moved quick.

bmwguy80
Jun 23, 2010, 09:59 AM
I was in the reservation line, but there were at least 20 in the non res. line that early.

If I could do it over I wouldnt have shown up so early because the reservation line was a lot shorter overall and the line moved quick.

So was I... and I was like 20 back. LOL. You aren't the guy I was talking to that lives in Dublin are ya?

Dfndr90
Jun 23, 2010, 10:56 AM
I have my iPhone 4 but when I called the store at Easton to ask if they had any bumpers the girl was like "we dont have anything and have not seen the phone yet" She then asked me a ton of questions about the phone.

I am going to go there this afternoon and see if I can get them to sell me a bumper today.

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 11:27 AM
I just stopped by the Easton store and confirmed that security will allow people to start lining up at 5:00am. The Apple employee I spoke with said they won't have the white iphones and that security will ask people that show up before 5:00 to leave the premises. I'm thinking of getting to the Macy's parking lot around 4:00, just to check it out. I don't have a pre-order but am hoping to get one as a "walk-in."

Yup thats what im doing!! See you there :D

jaypeez
Jun 23, 2010, 11:35 AM
now why would you tell more people smh hahaha if i miss out on my phone tommrow im blaming you :mad::mad:

Yup thats what im doing!! See you there :D

DGiPhone
Jun 23, 2010, 12:09 PM
OK guys I'll be there tomorrow at 5am in the non-reservation line. What do you think my chances are of actually getting a phone?

CerPrime
Jun 23, 2010, 12:20 PM

I'll be there as well - hanging out in line probably with my Dresden files book to pass the time (as well as talk to the other people in the non-reservation line - hehe)

I'll be crossing my fingers like everyone else for a phone - woohah! :apple:

rizzy
Jun 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
OK guys I'll be there tomorrow at 5am in the non-reservation line. What do you think my chances are of actually getting a phone?

I will be there at 5am in the reservation line.

I would think that if you get there at 5 you will have a good chance. I am assuming Apple has given all their stores a good amount of stock for the reservations and non-reservations.

Good luck though.

Metsfan7450
Jun 23, 2010, 12:22 PM

I'll be in the non reserv line as well at 5am. The guy at the Apple Store today told me they'll have a lot of extras and that there's a good chance a lot of the people in the non reserv line will get one. Are you guys just planning on parking in the Macy's lot?

rizzy
Jun 23, 2010, 12:26 PM
I'll be in the non reserv line as well at 5am. The guy at the Apple Store today told me they'll have a lot of extras and that there's a good chance a lot of the people in the non reserv line will get one. Are you guys just planning on parking in the Macy's lot?

+1 on the Macy's lot

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 12:40 PM
now why would you tell more people smh hahaha if i miss out on my phone tommrow im blaming you :mad::mad:

LOL!!

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 12:41 PM

Did he say anything about 32g?

Metsfan7450
Jun 23, 2010, 12:45 PM
Did he say anything about 32g?

Yep.....he said both 16GB and 32GB should be available.

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
Yep.....he said both 16GB and 32GB should be available.

Thanks!

billybill
Jun 23, 2010, 01:58 PM
Wondering if anyone can provide some insight into the ability to port a number with the new iphone...

I have a Chicago area code (312) and I want to add a line to my plan...this would be a port of a local Columbus number from Sprint to AT&T (614) Is it possible to add a line to your account with a different area code? I'm trying to be proactive in case this all blows up in my face tomm morn....

I have 2 preorders, one for add a line and another for a new line on the same acct... Any insight would be appreciated.. Oh and see you all there bright and early tomorrow morn...Tell Paul Blart not to look in the Macy's parking lot!

Fikester
Jun 23, 2010, 02:04 PM
Hey all,

So Best Buy Morse Rd. screwed me (prob not really their fault but I'm taking it out on them.) I was the 3rd preorder, dropped my 50 bones, and I went in today and they got a total of TWO phones. TWO!!!

I did however, smartly I hope, reserve one at the Apple Store using the Apple Store App. So looks like I will be there with you all tomorrow because I want my phone before work...see you in the morning!

Sirphillyc
Jun 23, 2010, 02:08 PM
Wondering if anyone can provide some insight into the ability to port a number with the new iphone...

I have a Chicago area code (312) and I want to add a line to my plan...this would be a port of a local Columbus number from Sprint to AT&T (614) Is it possible to add a line to your account with a different area code? I'm trying to be proactive in case this all blows up in my face tomm morn....

I have 2 preorders, one for add a line and another for a new line on the same acct... Any insight would be appreciated.. Oh and see you all there bright and early tomorrow morn...Tell Paul Blart not to look in the Macy's parking lot!

What i would do is port with the number I have since AT&T is nationwide should not be a problem. add a line then call AT&T when get home and see if can change area code to 614 exchange and keep same number that way you don't mess anything up for yourself in getting phone worse case you keep 312 area code if can't change or you get a new number but you got a phone...good luck

bmwguy80
Jun 23, 2010, 02:09 PM

Yes, you can have two different area codes on your account (mine is 614 and my wife's is 330). I have heard though that they both have to be in the same region. Whether that's true or not, only AT&T can say.

Sirphillyc
Jun 23, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hey all,

So Best Buy Morse Rd. screwed me (prob not really their fault but I'm taking it out on them.) I was the 3rd preorder, dropped my 50 bones, and I went in today and they got a total of TWO phones. TWO!!!

I did however, smartly I hope, reserve one at the Apple Store using the Apple Store App. So looks like I will be there with you all tomorrow because I want my phone before work...see you in the morning!

That's crazy WTF even take pre orders there will be a bunch of angry people 2 that's funny but not really lol..if the let you reserve should be fine

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 02:32 PM
I don't think UPS and Fedex broke the street date. I believe this was the plan all along. This will help ease the strain on Apple servers and AT&T servers by splitting the two days instead of everyone activating all at once on one day.

Good plan on their part. I just hope it works and everything stays up and live tomorrow.

I would have hoped Apple did this for their reservations.

That's what I would figure too, but it's just weird that it would show up on their shipment list if it wasn't going to actually be there. It would be completely backwards though. I just wish there were more concrete statements regarding what the White iPhone 4 delay is all about.

Looks like it will come out late July.

Pretty good. Spoke with the store today and they said they will have plenty of overstock. If you get there at 5 you should be safe.

I will be there at 5am in the reservation line.

I would think that if you get there at 5 you will have a good chance. I am assuming Apple has given all their stores a good amount of stock for the reservations and non-reservations.

Good luck though.

+1 on the reservation line. Hopefully we can get first access into the store and get out.

Hey all,

Smart man :) So did BB actually give out their two pre-orders already?

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 02:34 PM
FYI I just checked the weather and 60% chance of rain tomorrow. Make sure to pack an umbrella...

Fikester
Jun 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
Smart man :) So did BB actually give out their two pre-orders already?[/QUOTE]

They said they had already called the two people and set up their appoitments. Bastards. It just pisses me off bc I got a 100 GC to BB for graduation from grad school and was going to use it towards the phone (early upgrade.)

Oh well, its only $$ right:)

iDAG
Jun 23, 2010, 02:58 PM
I'll be there! It will be my first iPhone. I just hope there isn't too many people in line at 7AM...

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 03:04 PM
Smart man :) So did BB actually give out their two pre-orders already?

They said they had already called the two people and set up their appoitments. Bastards. It just pisses me off bc I got a 100 GC to BB for graduation from grad school and was going to use it towards the phone (early upgrade.)

Oh well, its only $$ right:)[/QUOTE]

+1 on the $$ comment.

I'll be there! It will be my first iPhone. I just hope there isn't too many people in line at 7AM...

Nah I would wait until mid day to get there ;)

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 03:35 PM
Off the subject but anyone know how to restore to the previous Iphone Software? I upgraded to 4 and my device has come to a crawl

Hyr
Jun 23, 2010, 03:38 PM
I'll be there! I really REALLY didn't want to have to do it, but I'll see you guys there @5a!

I might cry if there isn't enough stock. (I'm a girl so crying is an acceptable reaction ;) )

Last time I queued for a phone (I like that phrasing, I don't care if it's British, it just sounds more dignified) was for my BB Storm (feel free to flame) there at the Easton Verizon store. After dealing with that piece of ***** for almost 2 years I'm ready to ditch the zero and get with a hero :)

So from what we've heard there "should" be stock for those that queue early (5a)?

I have no reservation because I was going to hold out for the white version, but I've decided to go black. My other question is will there be 2 lines outside (reserved/walk-in) or 1 gigantic line that will funnel into 2 inside? Just wondering how alarmed I should be by the line. Thnx!

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'll be there! I really REALLY didn't want to have to do it, but I'll see you guys there @5a!

I might cry if there isn't enough stock. (I'm a girl so crying is an acceptable reaction ;) )

Last time I queued for a phone (I like that phrasing, I don't care if it's British, it just sounds more dignified) was for my BB Storm (feel free to flame) there at the Easton Verizon store. After dealing with that piece of ***** for almost 2 years I'm ready to ditch the zero and get with a hero :)

So from what we've heard there "should" be stock for those that queue early (5a)?

I have no reservation because I was going to hold out for the white version, but I've decided to go black. My other question is will there be 2 lines outside (reserved/walk-in) or 1 gigantic line that will funnel into 2 inside? Just wondering how alarmed I should be by the line. Thnx!

Two lines, one for reservations and a 2nd for no reservations. Store said that they will have plenty for those who "walk in" granted you get there early enough. I am sure there are a lot of people who are taking a holiday, yes its british, for this event.

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 04:44 PM
Off the subject but anyone know how to restore to the previous Iphone Software? I upgraded to 4 and my device has come to a crawl

It should have done a backup prior to 4 install. You will need to restore from that.

rizzy
Jun 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
anyone go over to the apple store tonight and get the latest info?

MarbleHouse
Jun 23, 2010, 07:20 PM
Someone on Twitter just said a few minutes ago that they asked and that the Easton Apple store WILL have extras for walk-ins tomorrow. Didn't say how many though (I doubt they are telling people).

TheGambler22
Jun 23, 2010, 07:23 PM
Nothing more to report. I asked all the same questions and get all the same answers. My friend also got his 32GB 'pre-ordered' at the Best Buy and was #5 on the list, he is coming with us to Apple in the morning in the hopes of getting one there. Somehow, I knew BB, Radioshack, and WM wouldn't be a good idea. Wish he'd put in his reservation like the guy above!

rizzy
Jun 23, 2010, 07:44 PM
A little over 7 hours now before heading out to Easton. Wow need to get some sleep.

mangoman
Jun 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
Howdy, Columbuzzers. Guess I'll be joining the non-reservation line about 0500 hours. I'll be the sleepy-looking one. :D

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
Howdy, Columbuzzers. Guess I'll be joining the non-reservation line about 0500 hours. I'll be the sleepy-looking one. :D

lol wont we all!

mangoman
Jun 23, 2010, 08:05 PM
And mere minutes later, I'm rethinking this. Might hold out 'til there's definitive info on:

1. the discolored screen issue
2. this article that just popped up: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/23/iphone-4-signal-declines-while-being-held-an-old-issue/

...and finally, I'm thinking White instead of Black. At least, I'd like to see 'em both before I buy.

That's my story. Have fun tomorrow and best wishes for scoring a phone to all y'all.

rizzy
Jun 23, 2010, 08:09 PM
And mere minutes later, I'm rethinking this. Might hold out 'til there's definitive info on:

1. the discolored screen issue
2. this article that just popped up: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/23/iphone-4-signal-declines-while-being-held-an-old-issue/

...and finally, I'm thinking White instead of Black. At least, I'd like to see 'em both before I buy.

That's my story. Have fun tomorrow and best wishes for scoring a phone to all y'all.

I know a lot of people that got theres today and have not had the yellow screen issue. Just one of those things.

I know if I get one like that I will use it for close to the 30 days and turn it back in and get a brand new one.

damitssam
Jun 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
Time to go sleep, 4:45 will be at the lot.

rizzy
Jun 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
Time to go sleep, 4:45 will be at the lot.

hopefully it's not storming, not sure what will be done if it is

hellspawn2
Jun 23, 2010, 09:03 PM

Im bring the poncho

cmhsam
Jun 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
I know a lot of people that got theres today and have not had the yellow screen issue. Just one of those things.

I know if I get one like that I will use it for close to the 30 days and turn it back in and get a brand new one.

Will check mine before I leave the store.

The hilton and courtyard lobby will be open and they usually have umbrella's you can use.

Latest weather report shows a 40% chance of rain starting at 4am. Local radar shows a big system with strong rain in Chicago right now but futurecast shows it breaking up before it hits Columbus.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

garminaddict
Jun 23, 2010, 11:38 PM
New here, but I've decided to attempt to get an iPhone today.

I spoke to a woman at the Easton store earlier tonight and she said that she didn't know how many units would be available for those without a pre-order.

hellspawn2
Jun 24, 2010, 12:16 AM
New here, but I've decided to attempt to get an iPhone today.

I spoke to a woman at the Easton store earlier tonight and she said that she didn't know how many units would be available for those without a pre-order.

Thats the standard statement that i got a couple times!

macsniphones
Jun 24, 2010, 12:44 AM
Verified lines are allowed to form at the Easton Apple Store at 5am. Apple employee said two lines will form side by side and wait until they open the doors at 7am, one line for pre-orders and one line for walk-ins. Should be a cool launch, see everyone there, just hope we don't get too wet....

CerPrime
Jun 24, 2010, 02:14 AM
Just parked in the Macy's lot near the Apple store. Security stopped over and they want to keep people waiting for the release off of the Easton property until 4:45 am. At that time they will start letting people park.

Good places to hang out nearby, off the Easton property are: Steak & Shake, McDonalds, and maybe walmart.

See you guys in the non reserved line!!

garminaddict
Jun 24, 2010, 02:35 AM
thanks for the update. will be leaving shortly.

nascars321
Jun 24, 2010, 03:28 AM
The line is open. There is only one line right now. There are over two hundred in line already. I am like fifty. It's like an Apple convention lol

hellspawn2
Jun 24, 2010, 03:38 AM
The line is open. There is only one line right now. There are over two hundred in line already. I am like fifty. It's like an Apple convention lol

Lol yea it is!! And i was going to come about 3:30

nascars321
Jun 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
Yeah there where people busting down the barricade to get it, the two fat security guys could no longer keep control so it opened 45 mins early.

rizzy
Jun 24, 2010, 04:01 AM
This is insane. Way to inforce the 5am rule. Have got to be number 300 in line.

Where are the 2 lines? The one for reserves?

hellspawn2
Jun 24, 2010, 04:06 AM
This is insane. Way to inforce the 5am rule. Have got to be number 300 in line.

Where are the 2 lines? The one for reserves?

They are splitting the lines now. Im probably about 30th in the non reserve side

TheGambler22
Jun 24, 2010, 04:13 AM
Thanks Hellspawn! We were through the tunnel and were able to give our 'unreserved' friend the heads up! He's moved quite a few spots now!*-update- we have moved from out by Macys lot to the front of the tunnel w/ reserves. Line is still huge for 'nons' though.

hellspawn2
Jun 24, 2010, 04:37 AM
Thanks Hellspawn! We were through the tunnel and were able to give our 'unreserved' friend the heads up! He's moved quite a few spots now!*-update- we have moved from out by Macys lot to the front of the tunnel w/ reserves. Line is still huge for 'nons' though.

No problem!!! Im right at the edge of the apple store and the store next to it.
The non-reserve line is insane!

macsniphones
Jun 24, 2010, 04:39 AM
It's nutty here now, I'm about #20 in the preorder line, there are literally hundreds in the walkin line at it's only 5:30!!!

hellspawn2
Jun 24, 2010, 04:52 AM
It's nutty here now, I'm about #20 in the preorder line, there are literally hundreds in the walkin line at it's only 5:30!!!

There is a lady coming down the non line checking to see which phone you want for inventory check

TechKnow
Jun 24, 2010, 05:22 AM
There is a lady coming down the non line checking to see which phone you want for inventory check

Any media coverage there?

rfeldmann
Jun 24, 2010, 05:35 AM
I won't be down until later this evening to pick up my iPhone 4. If anyone has any photos of the line this AM and wants to share that'd be great. Good luck to those who weren't able to pre-order!

TechKnow
Jun 24, 2010, 05:36 AM
Could someone take a picture and email it to me: show (at) inthetechknow (dot) net.

TechKnow
Jun 24, 2010, 05:36 AM
I won't be down until later this evening to pick up my iPhone 4. If anyone has any photos of the line this AM and wants to share that'd be great. Good luck to those who weren't able to pre-order!

LOL we must have been typing at the same time.

YoungCreative
Jun 24, 2010, 05:41 AM
I drove down there, saw the line run from Apple Store south to the tunnel, through tunnel towards Macy's parking, turning south and continuing to main Easton center.

No way! I've been using my original iPhone for 3 years. I can use it for a few more days or weeks if needed.

There was a 10 TV News truck down there, so check channel 10 for coverage?

bmwguy80
Jun 24, 2010, 05:44 AM
CBS camera guy was walking the line earlier

YoungCreative
Jun 24, 2010, 05:53 AM
Hope everyone is enjoying the line and humidity. :) I'm back home now in air conditioned comfort. I'll get my iPhone 4 soon enough.

Channel 10 just showed some video of the line but just the part out in front of the Apple store. They didn't even give a hint of how long the line really is down there!:eek:

hellspawn2
Jun 24, 2010, 05:56 AM
Could someone take a picture and email it to me: show (at) inthetechknow (dot) net.

Sent the two I took

bmwguy80
Jun 24, 2010, 05:58 AM
I wouldn't be here if my wife hadn't decided after the fact that she wanted one too. Mine arrived safely via fedex yesterday. The things I do for love. Argh!

toaster529
Jun 24, 2010, 07:17 AM
Anyone know how long the wait for the reserve line has been so far?

cmhsam
Jun 24, 2010, 08:09 AM

Once the store opened i was in the store within 15 minutes. I was like 25th in the reserve line.

Thank god I activated my iphone in store. Mine was DOA and they had to exchange mine out.

cmhsam
Jun 24, 2010, 08:10 AM

No problem!!! Im right at the edge of the apple store and the store next to it.
The non-reserve line is insane!

Did you have the ipad 3g? I think I might have been right in front of you.

TechKnow
Jun 24, 2010, 08:22 AM
Hellspawn, I did not get the pics, can you try again.

If anyone else has pics from the launch this morning and don't mind them being used on my website, can you email me at show(at)inthetechknow(dot)net.

Thanks
Chris

damitssam
Jun 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
im dissapointed. lined up at 4:50 am, had work at 10. Needless to say i will be back in a week or two. All that waiting for nothing. So MANY damn people.

freitas
Jun 24, 2010, 09:28 AM
Anybody care to comment on the reserve wait time now? I was thinking about meeting my wife for lunch at Easton and picking up her phone. We only have an hour for lunch.

TheGambler22
Jun 24, 2010, 09:40 AM
Anybody care to comment on the reserve wait time now? I was thinking about meeting my wife for lunch at Easton and picking up her phone. We only have an hour for lunch.

I'm no longer there, as with many other reservists, I was in and out by 8am. However my friend, who started @ the non-reserve line @ 4:45am... He's now at the end of the tunnel by the Apple store... So not too much progress for them. However, reserve line is moving speedily!

rizzy
Jun 24, 2010, 09:56 AM
Got there at 4:45 and was out of there at 8:10.

Thank goodness for the reservation line.

BuckeyeDonovan
Jun 24, 2010, 10:35 AM
Don't bother going unless you have 5+ hours and a phone reserved. I just stood at the ass end of the walk-in line for 3+ hours and moved a grand total of 50 feet. My desire for an iPhone died in that line, and I feel a new desire to punch one of the smug apple store employees asking us people at the back of the line "if we're frustrated" right after telling us all there was a good chance we weren't getting phones.

toaster529
Jun 24, 2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the updates everyone. I think I'm going to wait and hit the reservation line around 6 or 7pm. My tolerance for long lines diminishes every year. :D

hellspawn2
Jun 24, 2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the updates everyone. I think I'm going to wait and hit the reservation line around 6 or 7pm. My tolerance for long lines diminishes every year. :D

Ok i just got done about 1hour ago. They are taking 10 reservation people to one non res. Thats why that line is slow.

I got there about 4:15 and walked out about 10 ish. They move fast once your in the store.

DGiPhone
Jun 24, 2010, 11:10 AM
I was there in line at 5am and had about 300 or more people in front of me. They split us up into two lines and since I did not have a reservation due to tech errors on the website... I stood in line for hours and moved 5 feet. I had to go into work and just ordered for delivery to my home which will take weeks. :(

cmhsam
Jun 24, 2010, 11:40 AM
Don't bother going unless you have 5+ hours and a phone reserved. I just stood at the ass end of the walk-in line for 3+ hours and moved a grand total of 50 feet. My desire for an iPhone died in that line, and I feel a new desire to punch one of the smug apple store employees asking us people at the back of the line "if we're frustrated" right after telling us all there was a good chance we weren't getting phones.

That sucks. Sorry to hear the frustration.

cmhsam
Jun 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Stopped off at the BB over on morse road and they had a good selection of cases. Picked up a ifrogz skin. Doesn't alter footprint of device like it did on the 3G

Sirphillyc
Jun 24, 2010, 12:33 PM
I was there in line at 5am and had about 300 or more people in front of me. They split us up into two lines and since I did not have a reservation due to tech errors on the website... I stood in line for hours and moved 5 feet. I had to go into work and just ordered for delivery to my home which will take weeks. :(

I got there around 5 am left at 830 luckily made reservation guy in front of me got a reservation last night at 1am did from app did not have name on initial list but look up on computer and was there he got lucky so I urge people to try so apple employee email she did not believe him tell she saw confirmation he got a phone

TechKnow
Jun 24, 2010, 01:04 PM
Just got mine by FedEx. Activating now!

Chellek87
Jun 24, 2010, 02:07 PM
I am thinking this is a long shot but thought it couldn't hurt to ask if someone knew how the apple stores supply is doing on phones. I thought I would stop there after work at 5, to check and if so and have to wait I have nothing else to do, and if not I'm not in any hurry- I have a 3Gs so I can hold off until they get them in. Just curious if anyone knows , thanks!!

Mike Reed
Jun 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
Update on reserve line wait time:
About 45 minutes ago I was told they were estimating about a two hour wait time from the back of the line. From what I can see it looks to be roughly the same length as it was then.

Mike Reed
Jun 24, 2010, 02:17 PM
I am thinking this is a long shot but thought it couldn't hurt to ask if someone knew how the apple stores supply is doing on phones. I thought I would stop there after work at 5, to check and if so and have to wait I have nothing else to do, and if not I'm not in any hurry- I have a 3Gs so I can hold off until they get them in. Just curious if anyone knows , thanks!!

I overheard an employee telling someone the non-reserve supplies are starting to wear thin. I think I might have also made out something to the effect that the 32s aren't selling quite as quickly as the 16s but I didn't hear that part clearly enough to be sure I heard properly.

toaster529
Jun 24, 2010, 02:42 PM
Update on reserve line wait time:
About 45 minutes ago I was told they were estimating about a two hour wait time from the back of the line. From what I can see it looks to be roughly the same length as it was then.

Thanks for the update Mike. Planning on stopping up after work. Good to know.

cmhsam
Jun 24, 2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the update Mike. Planning on stopping up after work. Good to know.

Person in front of my, in the reserved line, never got the email confirming his reservation. All he told the apple rep was that he got to the page where it said confirmed and to bring his ID to pick up his phone. They let him in through the reserve line and walked out with the phone. His name was not on any list.

Chellek87
Jun 24, 2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks Mike!! I'm going to stop by after work and the worse that happens is they say they ran out and then I go home and wait!!

cmhsam
Jun 24, 2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks Mike!! I'm going to stop by after work and the worse that happens is they say they ran out and then I go home and wait!!

Dont forget they open early tomorrow as well. Anyone who didnt pick up their preorder gets offered to general public

CerPrime
Jun 24, 2010, 03:42 PM
OMG the journey was nuts - got there at 3 am, was shooed away by security (see earlier post) - came back at 4:45 and rode the line until about 2:30 when I got my phone!

Wild ride but worth it - it was so awesome to finally see an iPhone Launch - it was nuts!!!

I'll post some pictures when I get them offloaded on a mobile me gallery or flickr gallery

Fikester
Jun 24, 2010, 04:00 PM
So here's my story: See above post for Best Buy telling me they only had two phones. I get to the Apple Store at 6:20...CRAZY line. I had a reservation so I got moved to the reserve line.

Line starts moving pretty well, then about 9:35-9:40, we slowed to a crawl. I was at the end of the tunnel by the store when my phone rings at 10:40. Best Buy has my phone in and I can pick it up. :D Safe to say I left the line and went to BB (had an extra $100 GC) and got my phone.

Now I'm at work and very sleepy:)

Chellek87
Jun 24, 2010, 04:01 PM
Dont forget they open early tomorrow as well. Anyone who didnt pick up their preorder gets offered to general public

I can only go in the evening...I'm a nanny and have to be at work by 7:45 and Easton is at least 15 minutes away with no traffic, and I don't think my bosses would go long with I need to go stand in line to get a new phone lol

Hyr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:26 PM
5 am got me around 400 back. Got out around 4:40... I'm gonna round it up to 12 hours. Thank god I had cool ppl around me! :apple:

cmhsam
Jun 24, 2010, 09:39 PM
5 am got me around 400 back. Got out around 4:40... I'm gonna round it up to 12 hours. Thank god I had cool ppl around me! :apple:

Did you get a phone? Anyone know if they sold out?

damitssam
Jun 24, 2010, 10:38 PM
my rommate who was around the line at around 4:50 am, said he got one of the last ones (maybe 10 left 16 gb) but had some 32 gb. probably sold out by 6 am latest.

Mike Reed
Jun 24, 2010, 11:34 PM
Did you get a phone? Anyone know if they sold out?

I know at least they sold out of the bumpers. Kind of a bummer as I've noticed the way I'm accustomed to holding it also happens to sometimes align to trigger the signal drop people are reporting.

linus2787
Jun 25, 2010, 08:28 AM
Got to the Easton store around 645 this morning and there were about 10 people already in line. Line filled up quickly and by 7:30 or so it was back in the tunnel. Manager came out and said they had enough phones for all of us but not sure about how many they would have after that. Walked out of the store at 8:30 with my phone. Feel very lucky and very happy.

They were still out of bumpers btw, but guy said they may have some in tomorrow.

DGiPhone
Jun 25, 2010, 09:08 AM
Got to the Easton store around 645 this morning and there were about 10 people already in line. Line filled up quickly and by 7:30 or so it was back in the tunnel. Manager came out and said they had enough phones for all of us but not sure about how many they would have after that. Walked out of the store at 8:30 with my phone. Feel very lucky and very happy.

They were still out of bumpers btw, but guy said they may have some in tomorrow.

Did you have a reservation?

linus2787
Jun 25, 2010, 09:11 AM
Nope, no reservation. I'm assuming what they had today was leftovers from people who did not pick up their reservations yesterday because I heard from a few different people that they sold out yesterday. They had both 16gb and 32 gb as well. Not sure about now though.

avediswolf
Jun 25, 2010, 09:17 AM
Yesterday... Launch Day...
Guy right behind me got the last two 16GB. There were still plenty of 32's.
From the time I stepped in line to the time I walked in the Apple Store: 11 Hours.
I was in the no reservation line.

Metsfan7450
Jun 25, 2010, 12:16 PM
Is anyone noticing slow response times on 3G today in Columbus? I'm not sure if it's my new phone or just a bad day with the servers, but it's taking a really long time to connect to the internet, email, etc. I'm not holding it the wrong way, covering the antenna or anything like that.

When I switch 3G off, Edge works great.

cmhsam
Jun 25, 2010, 12:17 PM
Was at the Apple Store around 11:00am. About a dozen people in line. Store had plenty of phones and just received a shipment. Lady said they would have plenty to last throughout the day.

Anyone had luck finding a dock?

avediswolf
Jun 25, 2010, 12:33 PM
Is anyone noticing slow response times on 3G today in Columbus? I'm not sure if it's my new phone or just a bad day with the servers, but it's taking a really long time to connect to the internet, email, etc. I'm not holding it the wrong way, covering the antenna or anything like that.

I've noticed the same thing in the Easton area.

damitssam
Jun 25, 2010, 12:41 PM
Was at the Apple Store around 11:00am. About a dozen people in line. Store had plenty of phones and just received a shipment. Lady said they would have plenty to last throughout the day.

Anyone had luck finding a dock?

Just called them. She said they were sold out.... so i dunno if there is plenty to last...

rizzy
Jun 25, 2010, 01:34 PM

I have not noticed that, but my reception is terrible compared to my old 3g phone. There are places I go now that does not have any reception at all. It just stays on searching... for service.

Chellek87
Jun 25, 2010, 01:54 PM
After yesterday and hearing about I just went home, played with my dads (the flash is great on the camera- took a picture of a completely dark basement and the picture looked like the lights were on!) I then ordered mine online- may have to wait at the most until July 15th but oh well I will have my 3Gs to last me till then!! I can't wait!!

cmhsam
Jun 25, 2010, 02:51 PM
Just called them. She said they were sold out.... so i dunno if there is plenty to last...

On both 16GB and 32GB? She said they were unloading their "Friday Shipment" now. I know they didnt have the docks but just called and said they just got more in this afternoon and now have them in stock.

mangoman
Jun 27, 2010, 06:34 AM
Anyone know if there's phones in stock at Easton?

cmhsam
Jun 27, 2010, 08:04 AM
Anyone know if there's phones in stock at Easton?

They sold out last night.

Chellek87
Jun 27, 2010, 10:22 AM
They only have a priority list and iphone shipments are going to those on the the list first.
I was in there yesterday (Saturday), and that is what the guy told me and signed me up!

cmhsam
Jun 27, 2010, 11:55 AM
Anyone know when the new store at Polaris is supposed to open?

DGiPhone
Jun 27, 2010, 07:39 PM
They only have a priority list and iphone shipments are going to those on the the list first.
I was in there yesterday (Saturday), and that is what the guy told me and signed me up!

so does that mean they are not selling on a first come first serve basis when they open up? I was thinking of going Monday morning first thing to try and get one. Does anyone know if they will be opening early or selling without a reservation??

Chellek87
Jun 27, 2010, 09:24 PM
According to the few employees I talked to at the store, it seemed like they were only doing the priority list and then after that it was first come first serve.

You could go to the store, and see though. If not sign yourself up for the priority list.

DGiPhone
Jun 28, 2010, 11:31 AM
According to the few employees I talked to at the store, it seemed like they were only doing the priority list and then after that it was first come first serve.

You could go to the store, and see though. If not sign yourself up for the priority list.

Thanks... went and got on the priority list today. Thinking about heading over to the AT&T store tomorrow morning to see if I can get one.

Chellek87
Jun 29, 2010, 03:34 PM
Anyone on the priority list get an email yet? If so when did you sign up for the priority list??

mangoman
Jun 29, 2010, 04:33 PM
Anyone on the priority list get an email yet? If so when did you sign up for the priority list??

I joined the Priority list on Monday, but jumped to AT&T's Premier site today to purchase a couple phones. So, two more spots just opened up for ya!

damitssam
Jul 1, 2010, 08:10 AM
I just drove by an ATT store yesterday while I was doing stuff between work at around 10:16 am. Asked the employee if they had phones, which suprisingly said he did since people got tickets and never bothered showing up. They had 10 left. I figured I wanted a 32 GB and the whole thing took 15 minutes tops.

Easier and much faster then waiting 5 hours for no cigar at the apple store :D

Chellek87
Jul 1, 2010, 10:37 AM
Got my email to head to Easton today and pick up my iPhone 4!!

mangoman
Jul 1, 2010, 02:59 PM
Just cancelled my Priority reservation for two 32GB phones, so if you want 'em... g'won, GIT YER BUTT TO EASTON!

YoungCreative
Jul 1, 2010, 06:34 PM
I put myself on the list last Saturday and picked my phone up three days later (Tuesday.)

Now I enjoy the dropped signal problems. :mad: The phone didn't drop bars when I tested it in the Apple store, but now I have had dropped calls and even failed text messages! Has anyone ever even seen a failed text message? :eek:

I used an original iPhone for three years at my location without a single signal issue. Now, after only three days, I'm ready to scream at Steve Jobs.

My advice? Don't get on the list until this antennae issue is resolved.

Chellek87
Jul 1, 2010, 09:21 PM
I put myself on the list last Saturday and picked my phone up three days later (Tuesday.)

Now I enjoy the dropped signal problems. :mad: The phone didn't drop bars when I tested it in the Apple store, but now I have had dropped calls and even failed text messages! Has anyone ever even seen a failed text message? :eek:

I used an original iPhone for three years at my location without a single signal issue. Now, after only three days, I'm ready to scream at Steve Jobs.

My advice? Don't get on the list until this antennae issue is resolved.

On Tuesday?? What time on Saturday?? I did Saturday as well, I got my email confirmation at 9:07am on Saturday morning....I got my phone today, just curious what time, not like it matters anymore as we both have our phones!!

Also the antenna problem is not all phones, it was a problem with my dads, but it isn't with mine. But for some reason when it isn't direct contact with skin it fixes it, my dads is fine now as he has a wrapsol on it- no issues since. We also have a free bumper on its way as we complained to Apple Care.

DGiPhone
Jul 5, 2010, 07:05 AM
I got my email on Thursday at 11AM as I was driving out of town for a family get together over the 4th... Long story short, they would not hold my reservation past Friday and so I had to re-sign up for the priority list. Still no phone :( but it looks like my order from apple.com is now prepared for shipment so who knows. I can't believe how crazy this has been