PDA

View Full Version : Regents Street, London

dannyjames8
Jun 9, 2010, 02:24 PM

alexglee
Jun 9, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hi, i'm going to be there, who else??

im getting the iPhone white 16gb, im going up at about 6pm the day before with 4 or 5 friends, what time is everyone else going up?

I'll be right there with you! Let's have a party! Do you know if they're selling them unlocked? Maybe I can pay someone some cash for one?

MacMuppet
Jun 10, 2010, 12:00 AM
Apologies for the downbeat nature of this but might there not be a security problem with all of this? I've never been to a midnight store opening (guessing this might be one) so I don't know what the form is on this sort of thing but would there not be the chance that people of nefarious intention might be waiting around the various side streets off Regent Street knowing that there will be a number of people with very new, expensive and desirable smartphones going home in the dark?

Obviously I hope that doesn't happen (!) but it's just something that occurs to me...

dannyjames8
Jun 10, 2010, 12:05 PM

dwummers
Jun 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
Reminds me of the time 2 kids got arrested in Clapham after trying to steal a guy's copy of CoD4:MW2 when they had the midnight release.

Then again, it's Clapham. What do you expect?

My mate Kevin want's to be the first person in the queue. I might have to "tag" along and waste even more money!

alexglee
Jun 11, 2010, 09:52 PM
Reminds me of the time 2 kids got arrested in Clapham after trying to steal a guy's copy of CoD4:MW2 when they had the midnight release.

Then again, it's Clapham. What do you expect?

My mate Kevin want's to be the first person in the queue. I might have to "tag" along and waste even more money!

I guess your mate Kevin is going to race us to be first in line.

adm531
Jun 13, 2010, 10:32 AM
if you buy the new iphone from the apple store as opposed to from a network provider, are you required to sign up for a contract at the store?

dannyjames8
Jun 13, 2010, 02:59 PM

alexglee
Jun 14, 2010, 11:13 PM
No, i bought my iPhone 3GS on pay as you go in the apple store.

Do you think they will sell the iPhone 4 as pay as you go? Is yours locked? How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking.

Dexter11
Jun 15, 2010, 01:01 PM
What time are people going to start getting there for?

alexglee
Jun 15, 2010, 09:56 PM
What time are people going to start getting there for?

I'm thinking the morning of the 23rd? Is that too early?

dwummers
Jun 16, 2010, 09:50 AM
That's what I call early.

Were planning to get there between 12pm and 2pm.

Kinda figured, most people would finish work at about 5pm, go home, then get there during the evening.

Anyone know how it will work? Do we just stand outside the store, lol :P

Harry.yrraH
Jun 17, 2010, 04:31 AM
I will be there about 9am.

If you have reserved an iPhone do you still have to queue up? :P Im guessing you do but you never know! haha.

How would we recognize each other anyway :P

knuster
Jun 17, 2010, 04:35 AM
do they take cash or will it be credit card only??

dannyjames8
Jun 17, 2010, 11:16 AM

rbp1987
Jun 17, 2010, 06:57 PM
I should be there from around 4-5pm on the 23rd

sananda
Jun 17, 2010, 07:08 PM
I'll be there!

Not to get an iPhone. I mean I reserved one but now O2 say no pay and go at launch.

But I'll be there watching my girlfriend get her pay monthly iPhone. And be jealous!

segers909
Jun 18, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm coming from Belgium by train, and will arrive in UK 5 minutes to 8. (thats the earliest train). The Regent street Apple store is about 100 meters from the station, so I'll be there at 8 o'clock exact. Since there is no way ill get one if I just go and stand at the end of the line, I was wondering if anybody wants to buy 2 iPhone's and give one too me. I'll give you the money up front, and offcourse a little extra. Anybody want to help me out? :o Please?

EDIT: Or should I come a day early and take a tent? :)

MediaDevil
Jun 18, 2010, 07:42 PM
You're arriving at Kings Cross St Pancras International on the Eurostar right?

You need to then take the London underground on the 'Victoria line' to Oxford Street station (its 3 stops away). That's the station that is 100 metres away ;)

The whole journey to the store should take about 15 minutes, perhaps less if its not a busy period.

segers909
Jun 19, 2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks for that replying! Yes your right, I made an error converting miles to kilometers :o
I assume you are from London? Are you going to the launch as well, and did you pre order?

nwlondonlad
Jun 19, 2010, 12:15 PM
I'm coming from Belgium by train, and will arrive in UK 5 minutes to 8. (thats the earliest train). The Regent street Apple store is about 100 meters from the station, so I'll be there at 8 o'clock exact. Since there is no way ill get one if I just go and stand at the end of the line, I was wondering if anybody wants to buy 2 iPhone's and give one too me. I'll give you the money up front, and offcourse a little extra. Anybody want to help me out? :o Please?

How ironic, this time last year i went to Belgium to buy the 3Gs as Belgium sells them unlocked. It took me hrs to get one as they were all reserved in the Mobister network shops.

Got a 16gig in the end. Thank goodness i don't have to go through that again :cool:

Ash3r100
Jun 19, 2010, 12:30 PM
I didn't realise how early people were getting there! i was going to turn up at about 7am on the 24th! Never done this before, maybe i should change my strategy or take a veteran queuer!

segers909
Jun 19, 2010, 01:45 PM
I think I am going to take the late Eurostar train on the 23th, and put my tent in front of the store :) Anybody with me? Any recommandations? Which store should I choose?

dannyjames8
Jun 19, 2010, 02:16 PM

segers909
Jun 19, 2010, 02:34 PM
Where will we sleep? Or won't we sleep at all? :D And what the hell is a jumper? :)

TheBritishBloke
Jun 19, 2010, 02:48 PM
Apple said cash only for the iPad but then changed it because many people complained, but i think they should take cash, it might be a bit risky taking £500 cash......

They took CARDS only. Until that woman who doesn't have a debit card tried to buy with cash.

louis.frankland
Jun 19, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hi, i'm going to be there, who else??

im getting the iPhone white 16gb, im going up at about 6pm the day before with 4 or 5 friends, what time is everyone else going up?

I will be going... its my first Apple product launch that I've been to!

Always ordered my stuff from the net and buying things like Mac Pro's in London is a bit too big to carry home on the tube and train

Going to be getting the Black 16GB iPhone 4 and probably will be there from 6ish.

Edit: follow me on Twitter so we can chat before going @ne0 (http://twitter.com/ne0)

alexglee
Jun 19, 2010, 04:34 PM
We'll all be in line together, so I want to get to know who's coming. I'll be there with my sister and a friend. We'll be camping outside the night before, for sure. We should pool together and have some fun.

I can be reached at +44 77 60 50 93 92

realph
Jun 19, 2010, 07:28 PM
I'll be there nice and early, anyone know if they'll have any for general sale if you haven't pre-ordered?

londoner888
Jun 19, 2010, 07:43 PM

Which model are you after?
I have a 16gb and a 32gb black reserved, however I may cancel one of them as I really want the white one and may hold out for it.

But if I can be of help let me know;)

alexglee
Jun 20, 2010, 01:12 AM

I might be able to help you, depending on whether they have any iPhones in hand for walk-in customers.

alexglee
Jun 20, 2010, 01:21 AM
I'll be there nice and early, anyone know if they'll have any for general sale if you haven't pre-ordered?

I was ordering and in the middle, apparently their system crashed and the guy told me that he would call me back. I verified my number with him a few times and double checked that HE would call me back. Of course, no calls. Now the shipping date has slipped twice.

Hope they have non-preordered iPhones in stock too. I definitely want to take one for myself back to Canada.

remserwis
Jun 20, 2010, 04:21 AM

They say that there is summer in London when it's a warm rain....
But seriously I think it can be fun lining in front of the store. It will be my first event like this. Have some expirience buying first Iphones in the US almost 3 years ago. There was limits to few pcs on ONE credit card holder and the Apple stores employees was very suspicious as phones was on sale without obligatory contract for a low price. So I must change clothes, tell different stories about my will to have ONE IP.... But this time is different. I catch my plane from Poland on 23th and in stead of sightseeing (Big Ben, Buckingam Palace, etc.) will be waiting till Apple store open with You guys :). Hope to see all of You at Regent Street ... Let the race begin...

ME2K
Jun 20, 2010, 11:26 AM
I will be going... its my first Apple product launch that I've been to!

Always ordered my stuff from the net and buying things like Mac Pro's in London is a bit too big to carry home on the tube and train

Going to be getting the Black 16GB iPhone 4 and probably will be there from 6ish.

Edit: follow me on Twitter so we can chat before going @ne0 (http://twitter.com/ne0)

By friends I hope you mean me... all I have to do is hope apple will take cash in hand!

Cant wait to get my hands on the 16GB black iPhone 4 :P been without my 3Gs to make up the funds to get it!

See you guys there!

This is my first ever camp out btw and i don't know if a sleeping bag on a hard concrete floor is a good idea.. then again is sleeping a good idea on the night? ooo the excitement!

segers909
Jun 20, 2010, 11:38 AM
I just called to the Apple store regent street (expensive call!), they told me that they where "pretty sure" there won't be any device available for those of us who didn't pre order. Apple store White city on the other hand said there will be devices available, and that they expect people will start lining up at about 7 o'clock (the time the mall opens its doors)

alexglee
Jun 20, 2010, 01:02 PM
I just called to the Apple store regent street (expensive call!), they told me that they where "pretty sure" there won't be any device available for those of us who didn't pre order. Apple store White city on the other hand said there will be devices available, and that they expect people will start lining up at about 7 o'clock (the time the mall opens its doors)

I think Regent Street is saying that just to have less people line up. I'm sure that they will have some in stock. Where is White City anyways? Where will you be? Will you come and join us at Regent Street?

realph
Jun 20, 2010, 01:08 PM

Yeah Regent Street said they couldn't confirm if they'd have any devices for general sale. I haven't pre-ordered and I hope to get one by turning up early.

segers909
Jun 20, 2010, 01:26 PM
I think Regent Street is saying that just to have less people line up. I'm sure that they will have some in stock. Where is White City anyways? Where will you be? Will you come and join us at Regent Street?

I think i'll join you, but if there is a higher chance of getting one in White Castle i might just as well take the subway and wait there :) Or maybe i'll take a friend and we can split up.

alexglee
Jun 20, 2010, 01:37 PM
I think i'll join you, but if there is a higher chance of getting one in White Castle i might just as well take the subway and wait there :) Or maybe i'll take a friend and we can split up.

Ultimately, I'd like to stay together. It makes waiting more bearable, but if we have to split up, we gotta do what we gotta do. Are you paying by cash or card? That will also determine how this can work.

segers909
Jun 20, 2010, 01:47 PM
I didn't think about that yet... What would be best?
(Stupid UK not having euro's... :))

Hos
Jun 20, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

I've got a pre-order at the Apple Regent Street store. I work about 10 minutes walk away and should be in the office for 11am at the latest. This is the first time I am attending a product launch at one of the stores. My question is to those who have experienced these launches before. If I arrive at around 6.30-7.00am how long after the 8am opening am I likely to make my purchase. I am buying sim-free.

Thanks

H

alexglee
Jun 20, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hi all,

I've got a pre-order at the Apple Regent Street store. I work about 10 minutes walk away and should be in the office for 11am at the latest. This is the first time I am attending a product launch at one of the stores. My question is to those who have experienced these launches before. If I arrive at around 6.30-7.00am how long after the 8am opening am I likely to make my purchase. I am buying sim-free.

Thanks

H

Depending on how many phones they have, you could be there for hours, if you're just arriving at 6.30-7. I expect there will be a substantial line by then.

Hos
Jun 21, 2010, 01:43 AM
Depending on how many phones they have, you could be there for hours, if you're just arriving at 6.30-7. I expect there will be a substantial line by then.

Thanks, I suspected that would be the case. So maybe I should just pop in after work. What is it like in the evening, do you know?

alexglee
Jun 21, 2010, 02:46 AM
Thanks, I suspected that would be the case. So maybe I should just pop in after work. What is it like in the evening, do you know?

Probably very busy with people wanting to buy the iPhone. Which one are you looking for? Are you looking to buy it outright?

Hos
Jun 21, 2010, 03:17 AM
Probably very busy with people wanting to buy the iPhone. Which one are you looking for? Are you looking to buy it outright?

I have a pre-order for a Black 16GB iPhone 4. I am going to buy it outright to use with my O2 Simplicity tariff that I switched to after my £35pm contract ended in April. I have also got £100 credit through O2 Open with my work and will sell my current iPhone 3G 8GB.

I read somewhere that there will be two different queues. One specifically for pre-orders, the other for people trying their luck with the remaining stock. The pre-order queue will be allowed access to the store from 8am to 12:30pm. Then they will allow the other queue in. Not sure how much of this is fact as I just read it on the forums.

Fraaaa
Jun 21, 2010, 03:24 AM
I went between 6 and 7 for the iPad and got in 8:30.

But I guess with iPhone 4 is a different story.

Mac-Addict
Jun 21, 2010, 04:12 AM
I'll be there for about 4-5ish, I reserved mine. Do you think there will still be a reserved line by then?

dannyjames8
Jun 21, 2010, 08:28 AM

dannster
Jun 21, 2010, 10:20 AM
Hi guys!

I'm hoping someone can help me out a little bit here - have a few questions! I pre-ordered to collect the 16GB from Regent Street but later changed my mind for the 32GB but by then they'd stopped taking pre-orders (typical!).

Is there any one who's looking for the 16GB but pre-ordered the 32GB version? I'm hoping I can meet up with someone in the store and swap!! Or perhaps queue together then when we're both at the check-out we can ask the sales rep if they can switch the pre-order?

Is it best to pay in cash or card?

Lastly, I popped in to Orange near me and they're selling them 10am on Thursday. I want to buy either PAYG or SIM free. Will the Orange iPhones come with the operators logo on it? Is there any real difference in buying PAYG or SIM free? And is there a price difference to the SIM free ones being sold at Apple stores?

The reason I ask is because I'd rather just get it from the Orange store without having to queue at all if I can get it PAYG or SIM free without any operator logos on the phone.

Any help with any of the above questions will be greatly appreciated!!

Dan :)

Dexter11
Jun 21, 2010, 10:27 AM
how many people do you think will be queuing up - I donít want to get there about 6 just to find myself in a que of hundreds of people.

How much stock do we think they are gonna have - must have a few thousand right???

I am going on holiday at 1 and really want to get the phone before I fly!

dannyjames8
Jun 21, 2010, 10:30 AM

dannyjames8
Jun 21, 2010, 10:33 AM

jahman
Jun 21, 2010, 01:06 PM
Don't like the sound of this. So someone has it from the horse's mouth that they will have very few phones for general sale? Not good news. I'd like to hear confirmation of that if anyone else enquires. Sometimes it's just a random employee talking nonsense.

Cheers,

jahman

louis.frankland
Jun 21, 2010, 01:55 PM
I would imagine with the demand of the new iPhone and other things, if you didn't pre-order one - you might be out of luck unless you go directly to an O2 store, Carphone Warehouse, Best Buy (I didn't realise they had these in the UK).

I spoke to the local O2 store which had iPhone 4 posters up and they said they wouldn't have any till around July 4th... and even then, you have to be an existing O2 customer to get one.

Sounds like they are paranoid about supply and they might be correct about stock shortages. Good thing I reserved one but I hope they have enough for those who wait overnight in the line../ plus we can ask them the day before and , if needed, go to White Castle

Dexter11
Jun 21, 2010, 02:16 PM
how many staff do you think they will dedicate to iPhone 4 sales and setups?

dannyjames8
Jun 21, 2010, 03:05 PM

dannster
Jun 21, 2010, 03:11 PM
Why are some people going to queue up all night even though they have pre-ordered it? Surely you can just go in any time during the day to collect it?

rbp1987
Jun 21, 2010, 04:37 PM
I have one reserved. Im going for the experance and the banter, when i got my 3g I queued up from around 3am and was 17th in the queue (this was in aberdeen), and it was a good laugh.

pretenderoui
Jun 21, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone..
This is my first time that i will Que. up for a launch.. Does anyone know if theres going to be 2 lines one for reserved iphones and one for walk-ins? Another question that has been in my thoughts ... if we are going to be in line for 3 to 4 hours what happens if we need to go to the toilet?

remserwis
Jun 21, 2010, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone..
This is my first time that i will Que. up for a launch.. Does anyone know if theres going to be 2 lines one for reserved iphones and one for walk-ins? Another question that has been in my thoughts ... if we are going to be in line for 3 to 4 hours what happens if we need to go to the toilet?

Should not drink too much beer watching England at the pub this evening... :). Or take a camp "toi toi" and collectsome money extra....:) sorry..no offense..

alexglee
Jun 22, 2010, 01:14 AM
Hi everyone..

I have lined up for numerous store openings, events and launches (including 5th avenue for 4 days, MW2009 for 14 hours). In every case, Apple fans come together and help each other out, by holding someone's place in line while one goes to the washroom or to get food. Usually, we order food as a group and share stories and live blog our experiences.

I have made many friends through these Apple line ups and the iPhone 4 launch should be no different. For me, I take a lot of pictures and shoot them up to the internet. It's truly a lot of fun. Sometimes, Apple buys us food and we get interviewed by the media.

For all the first comers, just bring your stuff and be ready to have a good time. We're all camping out there for the same thing.

Hos
Jun 22, 2010, 03:14 AM
If I get there for 6pm on the 24th is there a chance I won't get in? I don't think I can risk missing the whole morning at work and I am happy to miss the whole mass excitement. Had I known on the 15th that my best option was buying sim-free I would have purchased online for delivery.

iguacu
Jun 22, 2010, 05:02 AM
Which model are you after?
I have a 16gb and a 32gb black reserved, however I may cancel one of them as I really want the white one and may hold out for it.

But if I can be of help let me know;)

Do not cancel!
I can pay you for you reservation....

rouncivella
Jun 22, 2010, 05:03 AM
Phoned up Apple Brighton (was on hold for an hour!) and they said there'll be two queues: 1 for reserved, 1 for people who haven't. I'm guessing Regent Street will be the same :)

pretenderoui
Jun 22, 2010, 07:22 AM
Hi All..

well only 2 days to go ... my question is i have reserved an iphone 4 16g black SIM-FREE. my question is do i have to pay with a debit card ? or can i pay with just cash ? do i need to take any proof of addresses and passport ? because i just want to buy the phone sim free.

thanks

Andyhhh
Jun 22, 2010, 10:22 AM
How can I pre order to reserve an iphone for pick up that morning please ?

Thanks

rbp1987
Jun 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
How can I pre order to reserve an iphone for pick up that morning please ?

Thanks

Both the Pre Order and reservations have been full for a few days. you could try and get one on the day, but there is no guarantee....

Thies92
Jun 22, 2010, 03:07 PM
Hi

I travel from Denmark to UK (Regent street) just to get the iPhone 4 sim-free edition. I have reserved it at Apple.com/uk homepage, but i have som questions i would like to be answered if it's possible.

1. How many employees is on that day in the regent street store?

2. I have to go to Heathrow airport again 11.30, what time should i be in front of the store to be sure of have my iPhone?

3. What kind of informations should i bring? I have and UK adress but a Danish passport.

Hope someone can answere just some of them :)

alexglee
Jun 22, 2010, 07:16 PM
The line has started.

rbp1987
Jun 23, 2010, 12:58 AM
The line has started.

I will see you later today, im just leaving now i should be there for 3-4PM :rolleyes:

louis.frankland
Jun 23, 2010, 01:59 AM
The line has started.

If all goes to plan, see you soon!

alexglee
Jun 23, 2010, 02:45 AM
http://bit.ly/AppleRegentStreet

I'll be continuously adding more throughout the line up.

Hos
Jun 23, 2010, 02:54 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2yto8ro.jpg

strong work :)

pretenderoui
Jun 23, 2010, 05:03 AM
http://bit.ly/AppleRegentStreet

I'll be continuously adding more throughout the line up.

hey i see your having a nice sunny day there.. have you had any word if it possible to pay with cash or do we need a debit card to get the iphone sim -free?

remserwis
Jun 23, 2010, 06:17 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2yto8ro.jpg

strong work :)

I've just landed at Stansted. Should be there within 2hr. Please to join You today.

dylanpatel
Jun 23, 2010, 06:25 AM
Hey folks...a couple of people have asked this but there hasn't been a proper answer:

If you've reserved a phone, is there a need to be there really early in the morning?

Also, a friend has reserved two phones, one of which I'll be buying. Will they restrict entry only to people who have reserved phones? The two phones will have been reserved under his name, but I'll be paying for one of them.

opo101
Jun 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
I have a 32GB black reserved at Regent St for tomorrow if anyone's interested?
I'm getting my iPhone somewhere else now!

Steadimac
Jun 23, 2010, 06:31 AM
Hey guys,

I cannot for the life of me find out this tit bit of information...

Does anyone know if Apple will be able to process O2's 'early termination fee' in store? I have a reservation but I'm now afraid the whole early upgrade thing will only be available in o2 shops! And I HATE the O2 shops with a passion!!

Am I right in saying Apple are able to process o2 upgrades, just not the early termination part?

Thanks

Steadimac
Jun 23, 2010, 06:31 AM
Hey folks...a couple of people have asked this but there hasn't been a proper answer:

If you've reserved a phone, is there a need to be there really early in the morning?

Also, a friend has reserved two phones, one of which I'll be buying. Will they restrict entry only to people who have reserved phones? The two phones will have been reserved under his name, but I'll be paying for one of them.

No need to be early, just don't go like an hour before closing. They keep the phone reserved until close of business tomorrow.

ActiveX
Jun 23, 2010, 07:14 AM
I have a 32GB black reserved at Regent St for tomorrow if anyone's interested?
I'm getting my iPhone somewhere else now!

Hi, a friend of mine would need a reservation :)
How can we contact?

dannyjames8
Jun 23, 2010, 07:19 AM

BrutalSpoon
Jun 23, 2010, 07:44 AM
Is there anybody on here who's there already? Any idea what the lines are like, or how much stock they have for those who haven't reserved one?

opo101
Jun 23, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hi, a friend of mine would need a reservation :)
How can we contact?

PM me

ActiveX
Jun 23, 2010, 08:03 AM
PM me

Cant write PMs, maybe my account is to new :confused:

my email is marc _ online 2000 at gmx . net

Thanks

onthecoast
Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 AM
Hey guys,

I cannot for the life of me find out this tit bit of information...

Does anyone know if Apple will be able to process O2's 'early termination fee' in store? I have a reservation but I'm now afraid the whole early upgrade thing will only be available in o2 shops! And I HATE the O2 shops with a passion!!

Am I right in saying Apple are able to process o2 upgrades, just not the early termination part?

Thanks

They won't. Spoke to o2 AND regent st and they can't do it.

Thies92
Jun 23, 2010, 10:10 AM
Are there more pics for the que? :cool:

wlf
Jun 23, 2010, 10:32 AM
FYI: queue

sananda
Jun 24, 2010, 01:08 AM
I'm heading down to Regent Street now. Tweet me if you're there!

nwlondonlad
Jun 24, 2010, 02:05 AM
I'm heading down to Regent Street now. Tweet me if you're there!

pls let us know how it goes and if they have a line for reservations.
I'll be there bout 12pm. At work at the moment :cool:

sananda
Jun 24, 2010, 02:16 AM
pls let us know how it goes and if they have a line for reservations.
I'll be there bout 12pm. At work at the moment :cool:

I got here just before 8 and it turned out they opened an hour early at 7. I'm in a massively long reservations queue.

MrSingh
Jun 24, 2010, 02:20 AM
me too - heading to regent st for my reservation late afternoon. would love it if others mention how many other people are in the queues:

- when they arrive

- when they leave

RichTF
Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 AM
Two bits of info from the Regent Street queue:

1: They're letting in 1 non-reserved queuer to every 10 reserved queuers. (from an Apple-tshirted employee)

2: They have "shed loads" of stock. This came from a guy counting the queue, but couldn't tell if he was an Apple employee or not. As someone halfway down the non-reserved queue though, I'm gonna take every bit of optimism I can get. :D

Also -- Angry Birds t-shirts, woo!!

nwlondonlad
Jun 24, 2010, 02:33 AM
I got here just before 8 and it turned out they opened an hour early at 7. I'm in a massively long reservations queue.

Thanks for that, there were rumours yday that Regent st would open at 7am but im sure the lines would still have been long and doubt i would have made it out to start work for 8am.

Cheers again for the updates. Anyone buying bumpers? Im slightly tempted :)

RichTF
Jun 24, 2010, 03:04 AM
Apple store guys are now counting people and phones in the non-reserved queue. Looks like demand is about 2:1 for the 32GB vs the 16GB. (I had a sneaky glance at the counter guy's clipboard)

Also, they're not giving out numbers, but we're getting the impression that we'll be able to get our iPhones. We're at #50-ish in the queue, and quite a few people are getting 2 iPhones. Don't know how far down the queue that confidence goes though...

sananda
Jun 24, 2010, 03:46 AM
Thanks for that, there were rumours yday that Regent st would open at 7am but im sure the lines would still have been long and doubt i would have made it out to start work for 8am.

Cheers again for the updates. Anyone buying bumpers? Im slightly tempted :)

Just been told that there are only black bumpers available.

nwlondonlad
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 AM
Just been told that there are only black bumpers available.

Cheers, might give that a miss then, was gonna get green or blue.
Not sure i'd like the look of black on black :p

Mac-Addict
Jun 24, 2010, 05:50 AM
Anyone at the store confirm roughly how long the reserved queue is?

MrSingh
Jun 24, 2010, 06:43 AM
bump

sananda
Jun 24, 2010, 07:36 AM
Just got out of Regent Street after queuing for 5 hours. The queue is massive and slow moving. And they are no longer accepting anyone without a reservation.

gmorgan89
Jun 24, 2010, 07:51 AM
Just got out of Regent Street after queuing for 5 hours. The queue is massive and slow moving. And they are no longer accepting anyone without a reservation.

Is that true, i was planning on jut going in on my way home from work, no reservation. whats the queue like now?

M-X
Jun 24, 2010, 07:55 AM
anyone know what the average wait time is for reservations at the moment? cheers!

nwlondonlad
Jun 24, 2010, 06:16 PM
Got to Apple Regent St 4pm and after queuing for 2 hrs they started giving out 'come back tomorrow cards' which i refused to take.

I insisted that i'll wait despite being told by several Apple staff members that i was wasting my time and would not be served before they closed.

Got into the Apple store at 8pm then followed by another 2 hrs wait then got served within 15 mins. Was out by 10pm

Total time spent 6 hrs. :eek:

On a plus side did meet some really cool macrumors guys and that helped pass the time

remserwis
Jun 24, 2010, 08:47 PM
1. On the late afternoon white bumpers has arrived. So there are white and black ones on the stock now.

2. Lines aren't going very fast. Apple employees are very dedicated ( almost as us) and trying to keep "keep smiling rule". Unfortunatelly system works not so fast and there are some problems (credit card issues, Upc codes, product numbers).

3. Remember you can buy 3 types of iphone: contracted, pay as you go and sim free. First one is simple. Pay as you go means you have iphone simlocked to provider you choose ( can buy micro sim on place) and it's something like "light contract"- it's recurring every month . You cannot buy microsim card alone or with simfree iphone. So if you prefer iphone without simlock. You have to cut your sim by yourself ( be careful - somtimes it's tricky- different sim cards has different chip sizes. I've destroyed my today in Apple Store :) and have to buy prepaid.

4. I've spend almost half a day there and think that despite of stock shortages and central system problems, organization is quite good, crew is very nice, and of course product is another masterpiece so for every Apple fan is "must have ASAP" position.

5. Wanna thanks and send best wishes for all of people waiting with patience with me almost whole day earlier. People from Dubai, Nepal, Australia,Italy, Germany, Scotland, London of course and many more. Also high five to Engadget Man (with this rubbish Dell Tablet:). Can't wait next event like this. Will it be new version of Ipad, touchscreen IMac on autumn or maybe IPhone 5???? who knows. I know one thing. No one can take away our memories and this marvelous confused faces of people walking by and finding out what we are cueing for...
See You soon...

PeckhamBog
Jun 25, 2010, 02:59 AM
Arrived 8:10 - queue about 150.
Reservations only taken in upto 8:30
Moved 20 metres in 45 mins!

Maybe 100 people to go in front.

Chap behind me has flown in from Spain!

netdog
Jun 25, 2010, 03:18 AM
Can anyone verify that they are selling P&G phones? I was told by the Business department at Regent Street yesterday that the £499 phones were not yet on sale.

PeckhamBog
Jun 25, 2010, 03:38 AM
Can anyone verify that they are selling P&G phones? I was told by the Business department at Regent Street yesterday that the £499 phones were not yet on sale.

Don't know why you were told that.

Apple employee with 'Manager' badge said they were offering contract, payg, and sim free and wanted us to specify what we were looking for when we got to the front of the queue.

Now about 50 people behind me and maybe 70 in front.

But they are giving people with 'come back tomorrow' cards priority so queue movement is still slow.

Apple employee has been handing out parasols to the queue.

gmorgan89
Jun 25, 2010, 03:48 AM
@PeckhamBog

Whats the queue looking like now, im thinking about going down at 5.30 ish, any one said how much stock they have left?

PeckhamBog
Jun 25, 2010, 04:16 AM
@PeckhamBog

Whats the queue looking like now, im thinking about going down at 5.30 ish, any one said how much stock they have left?

Counted nearly 60 people behind me and guessing 50 in front.

Apple employee said we still should be okay for 32g phones. People around me split even between 32 and 16GB versions.

gmorgan89
Jun 25, 2010, 04:48 AM
cheers, im going for a 16gb so hopefully they will still have some left, will you give us an update when you leave.
(how the queue is looking and how long it took you, cheers)

PeckhamBog
Jun 25, 2010, 05:40 AM
11:38 sitting down to do the business. First arrived 8:10

PeckhamBog
Jun 25, 2010, 06:22 AM
11:52 out the store.

Now have to rush home and get ready for work.

Won't be able to check out the new one until tomorrow.

Need to pick up an O2 micro sim this afternoon while out and about on duty, unless the consensus says simply cut down your current one?

gmorgan89
Jun 25, 2010, 06:55 AM
good effort

what was the queue like when you left?

Im thinking cut down your current sim and get a micro sim when you can.

Remember to write down all the numbers off your sim card as you will need it to do a sim swap to the micro (words of experiance after 6+ sim swaps)

robinp
Jun 25, 2010, 07:11 AM
anyone know what the current supply is like?