PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge, La. Apple store ..

wattsja
Jun 9, 2010, 03:26 PM
Who's going to be there in person?

Eddyisgreat
Jun 10, 2010, 03:28 PM
You mean it's not covered in oil? :D

(too soon?)

wattsja
Jun 11, 2010, 08:40 AM

(too soon?)

doesn't matter, the iPhone has a oleophobic coating.

Wilbourn
Jun 18, 2010, 09:04 PM

First post... But I'll be there.

I talked to the manager at the apple store at MOL on Wednesday and I asked her about camping out (in front of the store days before or overnight) and she told me that mall security (who are pricks) are not letting anyone camp out due to safety reasons and they don't want to have to watch over everyone. She told me that If I wanted to, I could get there and camp out in my car until 3 or 4 and then set up my spot. She also told me that If I get there first or if there are other people there already and everyone is in one line to split up walkups and reserves into two separate lines. She DID assure me that there are TWO separate shipment lots. One for reserves and one for first come first served and when they find out how many first come first served iphones they have, they're going to go down the line and count until they reach the amount and send everyone away.

I plan on getting out there around 2am and seeing if anyone is out there yet or if they are letting anyone get their place in line. If there not allowing a line yet, I'm gonna just sit in my car and "relax".

And no, I'm not trying to "dupe" anyone who plans on going to the Apple store in BR to assure my spot in line, this is just what I was told. She also told me that, all reserves that are not picked up by the end of closing on the 24th go up for grabs the next morning...

babyboy71su
Jun 18, 2010, 09:59 PM

I Will

MissyD
Jun 19, 2010, 08:27 PM
I wonder if this is a high demand/long line store. With it being the only one around it may be, but at the same time there seems to be a healthy supply of AT&T stores. I was planning to take a break from work and pick up my reserved phones around 10am.

Have any of you waited in line at previous launches and have any thoughts on how orderly things run at this store?

tantric132
Jun 21, 2010, 06:13 AM
I'm planning on making the drive from the Mandeville/Covington area. Would go to New Orleans, but looking like there's going to be waaay too many people there.

1infiniteNerd
Jun 21, 2010, 09:57 AM
Come to New Orleans..

TRAG
Jun 21, 2010, 04:47 PM

(too soon?)

BR is nowhere near the coast. Ha. I will not be there, maybe my roommate. I'll be going to RadioShack that day. I generally avoid the crowds.

TRAG
Jun 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
Delete.

Ozzie7876
Jun 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
I was thinking about going after I got out of my class, but I don't get out until 12:30. Any chance I would still be able to get one if I didn't preorder?

Wilbourn
Jun 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
I was thinking about going after I got out of my class, but I don't get out until 12:30. Any chance I would still be able to get one if I didn't preorder?

Highly unlikely...Although, you may still have a shot at grabbing one the following day (if you get there before they open so you can be first) if there are any reserves that weren't picked up on the 24th. All reserves that aren't picked up on the 24th go up for grabs to first come first served on the 25th.... but the $1m question is, how many people are not actually going to pick up their iphones on the 24th and my guess is, not many.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 22, 2010, 11:12 AM
Highly unlikely...Although, you may still have a shot at grabbing one the following day (if you get there before they open so you can be first) if there are any reserves that weren't picked up on the 24th. All reserves that aren't picked up on the 24th go up for grabs to first come first served on the 25th.... but the $1m question is, how many people are not actually going to pick up their iphones on the 24th and my guess is, not many.

Actually a sizable amount of people (as reported in the main forum) were able to both preorder and reserve. If people start to get their preorders tommorow (shipped to their house), there will be alot of unclaimed phones on Friday, especially since they'll have to pay full price if they want it.

Wilbourn
Jun 22, 2010, 12:10 PM
Actually a sizable amount of people (as reported in the main forum) were able to both preorder and reserve. If people start to get their preorders tommorow (shipped to their house), there will be alot of unclaimed phones on Friday, especially since they'll have to pay full price if they want it.

True, but Pre ordered are phones purchased outright and can not be resold the next day (now if the pre purchased phone sits at the store for a month then it should be fair game), plus most people who Pre ordered their phone had it shipped to their home. But those who reserved (which I was told by an employee was between 600-900 total reserved) and don't purchase their phone the day of the launch are S.O.L.... Personally, I don't have a reserve because it got messed up somehow during the madness on the 15th so I plan on getting to the apple store as early as mall security will let me. If I don't get one Thursday, you can bet ill be up at the apple store several hours before they open at 10am on friday to try and get my hands on one of the forgotten reserves. But if what you read is correct (which makes 100% sense that people did that) then our chances of getting an iphone are higher than expected.

Also, I would expect the apple store to be a bit busier than other places on both days due to the fact that Best Buy went wayyyyyy over their pre order limits (25 16 gb and 15 32gbs from what Ive heard) so there are sure to be some ticked off people come Thursday. Also, I read that its not a guarantee that all radio shacks will be getting iphones and if they do get them, it wont be more than their pre ordered amount.... I wouldn't even consider trying ATT (MAYBE as a desperate last act)on Thursday after the SNAFU that went on with them. From what Ive read, Walmart (yes Walmart) may be one of the better options because Walmart did not take any preorders of any kind for the new iphone so all of their stock is 100% up for grabs. But I'm not sure if only a few (which would be my guess, that and only super Walmarts) or all Walmarts will be getting the iphone nor how many they will be receiving (which i doubt is a lot).

I'm sticking with the apple store thou. I have a friend that works up there and if he closes on Thursday I'm gonna have him call me and tell me how many, if any, reserves were not picked up and will be up for grabs the following morning as well is if he will be working so he can hide one for me lol....

Also, I wouldn't get to excited about the email thats been sent about their iPhones arriving a day early, especially after all the huge fails that happened during the preordering. It may have been a glitch. Considering how ATT sent out preorder confimration emails to people and then sent a follow up email the next day canceling their order, the crashing of the ATT and Apple websites and the whole madness from the 15th make me feel like this may be a glitch.... or maybe its the real deal and they will get their iphones a day early from apple as a way to say thank you for putting up with our debacle and massive epic fail across the board. It just makes no sense why they would say the iphone would be released and shipped on the 24th only to change the shipping date to the 23rd two days prior to the launch date... but then again, stranger things have happened.

Wilbourn
Jun 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
Just talked to the people at the Apple store again about 2 hours ago and they told me that security is not letting anyone wait out in front and form a line until 6am..... Personally, I think that's BS. I can understand if people tried to form a line at 1am but why not allow it till 6am? People are going to be waiting in their cars and then make a mad dash to the door like a pack of wild horses lol. I think them not allowing anyone to form a line until 6am will cause the first earthquake to ever hit Baton Rouge lol.... that or a mini riot, but lets hope thats not the case and everyone is civil because its only a tech toy not an asteroid.

But anyways, I thought I would pass that bit of info along... Also, I tried to get them to tell me if they know how many first come first serves they are getting or have received and of course they wouldn't tell me anything other than they got two separate shipments.

GeauxCeltics15
Jun 22, 2010, 05:30 PM
It's crazy what you hear from different people when at the store, I too was there a few hours ago and the employee acted as if she had no idea as to the details of the release (lines, time when lines will be allowed, etc.). I plan to get there early and make a game time decision. We'll see how it goes launch day.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
True, but Pre ordered are phones purchased outright and can not be resold the next day (now if the pre purchased phone sits at the store for a month then it should be fair game), plus most people who Pre ordered their phone had it shipped to their home.

Just so you know, Apple didn't allow people to buy the phone online to pickup in store (preorders shipped to store). If you pre ordered it had to be shipped to your house. Only non payment based reservations and walk ins are what's going down at the store.

AT&T is the one who took pre orders shipped to store.

Wilbourn
Jun 22, 2010, 06:03 PM
It's crazy what you hear from different people when at the store, I too was there a few hours ago and the employee acted as if she had no idea as to the details of the release (lines, time when lines will be allowed, etc.). I plan to get there early and make a game time decision. We'll see how it goes launch day.

I know, thats exactly my thoughts. I don't believe a one bit of what they say because the guy told me (after covertly chit chatting with him about random nonsense to get him to loosen up on info) that they were told to not to say anything other than that there are two shipments and people can start getting in line at 6am.

I seriously doubt that the MOL security will come down hard like the Chinese military on people starting to get in line and setting up their lawn chairs before 6am. I could care less what time they quoted me because I plan on getting there as soon as possible and park my truck in the most opportune spot and sit and wait to see what kind of action is going on as far as people showing up. If people start showing up in droves prior to 6am, I could care less about their 6am time frame. I'm gonna set up my spot and start the line when I feel its time. I had reserved my iphone on the 15th but it got deleted from the system in the mist of all of the chaos. Plus I SERIOUSLY doubt the MOL security would say to a group of people more than 15 at 4am, after they have formed a line and are being civil and chit chatting, that they cant continue to wait in line and have to leave their spot... There will be blood (not really, jk) if I'm first in line (one of the first 15 people in line) and they tell me I have to leave and have to bring my lawn chair with me so that I cant save my spot in line.

But on a lighter note, I read today that at ATT stores they are receiving separate shipments on June 29th for first come first served. It also mentioned in the youtube video by ATT that they specifically asked that no one camp out at their stores on June 29th lol. In fact, heres the link to the video I'm talking about....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKlLb_EWaSI

GeauxCeltics15
Jun 22, 2010, 08:10 PM
Just talked to a guy that works at the store that lives in my apartment complex. He said employees are planning to get there around 5am and mentioned that he heard that if you are parked overnight (i.e. park and camp in line) that they will ticket your vehicle. I asked about the 6 am deal and he said that he hadn't heard anything regarding MOL security booting people from the line. So thats my contribution.

Bizzways
Jun 22, 2010, 10:52 PM
Wow, this really is some major ********. I camped the mall of Louisiana apple store for the 3G and we showed up there around 12:30am. There was security there and they were forbidding a line, but by the time 1:30 rolled around there was enough people in the parking lot to make everyone nervous. No one wanted to get shafted when the line did finally form. I don't know what exactly caused it, but all the sudden ten or so people started sprinting towards the apple store, upon seeing the commotion, me, my friend and the other 45 or so people began dashing as fast as we could. Within 30 seconds we had a line in front of that store about 60 people long. It continued to grown throughout the early morning.

Someone needs to take charge this time. Show up super early in the parking lot with a sign that says "line starts here". Have people park to the left. Then hand out a flier with a number to the people that show up in cars in order. Come time for the line, everyone with a flier should police each other and make sure the line forms fairly. I know I know, only in a perfect world. But it would be pretty damn cool if someone took matters into their own hands since no one else will do anything. . .

I was seriously considering camping this launch but I really want the white model and even though it kills me to wait and kills me even more my gf is getting a pre ordered phone; I'm doing it. I'm waiting. I love the white. My original 3G was white and I loved it. The new white iPhone looks even nicer.ahhhh! Can't wait! At least I'll be able to play with hers, but everyone knows that's not the same, sometimes it makes it worse. . .

tito2380
Jun 22, 2010, 11:52 PM
Does anyone think that a lot of people will show up? I was thinking of getting to the store around 5 am, is that too late?

Wilbourn
Jun 23, 2010, 12:11 AM
Just talked to a guy that works at the store that lives in my apartment complex. He said employees are planning to get there around 5am and mentioned that he heard that if you are parked overnight (i.e. park and camp in line) that they will ticket your vehicle. I asked about the 6 am deal and he said that he hadn't heard anything regarding MOL security booting people from the line. So thats my contribution.

Even if your in your vehicle? Thats messed up because the manager at the apple store told me that for the launch of the second generation of the iphone that people got their really early and waited in their cars until they were allowed to form a line and weren't ticketed (at least she didn't say they were so I assume that they weren't). I could care less if the MOL security tickets my car because its not a EBR police or sheriff ticket so they can ticket my car as much as their heart desires. hell they can even boot my damn truck for all I care, as long as i get my iphone I'm cool... Ill make sure to have my heavy duty socket wrench set with me just in case they boot my truck lol.... I used to work at MOL for 7 years as an Assistant manager at Journeys and we would have several nights where we were their until 4 or 5am doing store audits or finishing stock shipments during back to school and Christmas holidays and they never pulled any of that nonsense.

But I agree with the previous poster about taking matters into their own hands. I actually printed up two signs today for the two separate lines that read "The line for Reserved iphones customers starts here (and had an arrow pointing)" and "The line for first come first served iphone customers starts here( also had an arrow pointing)"... I included a footnote on the bottom of each that said "the apple store will be opening at 7am. Please get in the proper line and be patient. Customers with reserved iPhones will be served first. Followed by first come first served customers. Thank you for your patience.".... Don't know if they'll be of any use given what I'm hearing. I also love the idea of printing out numbers for those who get their first regarding forming the line.

TRAG
Jun 23, 2010, 12:12 AM
Wow, this really is some major ********. I camped the mall of Louisiana apple store for the 3G and we showed up there around 12:30am. There was security there and they were forbidding a line, but by the time 1:30 rolled around there was enough people in the parking lot to make everyone nervous. No one wanted to get shafted when the line did finally form. I don't know what exactly caused it, but all the sudden ten or so people started sprinting towards the apple store, upon seeing the commotion, me, my friend and the other 45 or so people began dashing as fast as we could. Within 30 seconds we had a line in front of that store about 60 people long. It continued to grown throughout the early morning.

I remember that day. It was insane. By 10 A.M. there was a line nearly the entire length of the courtyard.

siles
Jun 23, 2010, 06:35 AM
I will be there too driving in from Deridder, leaving @ 12:30 should be there no later than 3 for me. I think there is going to be a good number of extra pre-orders not used come Friday, I myself know I have one extra cause somehow I had two pre-orders go through. As far as MOL security goes, do what ever the HECK yall wan't EBR police and sheriff really can't do much since it is Private Property, and I don't see "Paul Blart" being out there on his Segway. GOOD LUCK GUYS!!

GeauxCeltics15
Jun 23, 2010, 08:26 AM
Even if your in your vehicle? Thats messed up because the manager at the apple store told me that for the launch of the second generation of the iphone that people got their really early and waited in their cars until they were allowed to form a line and weren't ticketed (at least she didn't say they were so I assume that they weren't). I could care less if the MOL security tickets my car because its not a EBR police or sheriff ticket so they can ticket my car as much as their heart desires. hell they can even boot my damn truck for all I care, as long as i get my iphone I'm cool... Ill make sure to have my heavy duty socket wrench set with me just in case they boot my truck lol.... I used to work at MOL for 7 years as an Assistant manager at Journeys and we would have several nights where we were their until 4 or 5am doing store audits or finishing stock shipments during back to school and Christmas holidays and they never pulled any of that nonsense.

But I agree with the previous poster about taking matters into their own hands. I actually printed up two signs today for the two separate lines that read "The line for Reserved iphones customers starts here (and had an arrow pointing)" and "The line for first come first served iphone customers starts here( also had an arrow pointing)"... I included a footnote on the bottom of each that said "the apple store will be opening at 7am. Please get in the proper line and be patient. Customers with reserved iPhones will be served first. Followed by first come first served customers. Thank you for your patience.".... Don't know if they'll be of any use given what I'm hearing. I also love the idea of printing out numbers for those who get their first regarding forming the line.

I don't think he was saying they would ticket if you were in your car, but there is a possibility that they would if you were outside apple. Who knows. I just hope that getting there around 4 is sufficient because anything before that seems absurd. 60 people were in line at 2 am for the 3G release? That's crazy, and the hype for this instillation of the iPhone is much larger. Well, less than 24 hours and we'll find out.

WorldsGreatest
Jun 23, 2010, 08:39 AM
does anyone think I'd be able to get back to Lafayette by 10 am if I get in the line at the Apple Store at 6 am?

bobdigi
Jun 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
does anyone think I'd be able to get back to Lafayette by 10 am if I get in the line at the Apple Store at 6 am?

It depends if you have one reserved or not. I am on the reserved list and I hope to get there between 5-6am and be out by 10am. I had a crazy dream last night that I got to the Apple Store and there were 50,000 people already in line.

Wilbourn
Jun 23, 2010, 12:50 PM
It depends if you have one reserved or not. I am on the reserved list and I hope to get there between 5-6am and be out by 10am. I had a crazy dream last night that I got to the Apple Store and there were 50,000 people already in line.

yea its plausible that you could get back to laffy for 10am, if you haul a$$ that is lol. I would imagine that if you get there early and get in the reserves line (they are getting served before the first come first served crowd) and if your in the front of the line you might be in and out of the apple store by 8:30ish (give or take a few minutes). But the part where you'll probably hit a snag is the traffic on I-10 between the Downtown exit and College drive exit (hell you might be able to extend that all the way to the I-10/I-12 split or to the bluebonnet exit on I-12 if you plan on getting back on the interstate at the mall. There's construction on I-12 by the bluebonnet area). The morning traffic is the only thing that I could imagine keeping you from getting to Laffy by 10am, except for maybe the 50mph speed limit on the spillway and the speed traps on it....

to the other poster, the iphone is already taking over your dreams while you sleep and causing nightmares? lol... thats good stuff ( not knocking you by any means so please don't think I am because it is hard to tell one way or the other over the internet). Yea i can remember a few instances where that has happened where something i really had anticipated ( or dreaded for that matter.. I.E. my Finance finals in my final semester of senior year in college) invaded my dreams in a similar manner.

I have a feeling that many people, myself included, will be in a similar situation to this come tonight or tomorrow morning (or they might already be at this point lol).... (see video link below)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155352

bobdigi
Jun 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
I just got off the phone with the Apple Store and they said that people can line up at 5am. Someone else in the thread said 6am so I guess we really dont know. I will get there early regardless though. I better get my phone, this HTC Fuze is waaaaay boring.

Bizzways
Jun 23, 2010, 03:31 PM
Judging by the 3GS launch, I would recommend getting there no later than 2am. And I have a feeling the same incident will occur. Once enough people show up to where security can't really control them anymore, someone will start the mad dash. All it takes is one or two people to start charging.

that's why if someone was there super early and could hand out papers with a number system it would work out to be much more fair. I think its greets you are bringing signs. I'm sure people will adhere to them. Mac followers are really cool people for the most part. You know what would help even more? If you could get your hands on an apple employee shirt, or something very similar. I bet people would listen to whatever you told them then..

Haha. Best of luck to all of you. I won't be join in this year as I want the white iPhone and somehow I have found the courage to wait it out. . .

bobdigi
Jun 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
2am seems a little extreme to me. I cant imagine not getting one even if I arrive at 5am, especially since im on the "reserved until the end of the day" list. You telling me that ANYONE arriving after 5am have no chance in getting one? This is Baton Rouge, not NYC. Just asking.

amberashby
Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 PM
2am seems a little extreme to me. I cant imagine not getting one even if I arrive at 5am, especially since im on the "reserved until the end of the day" list. You telling me that ANYONE arriving after 5am have no chance in getting one? This is Baton Rouge, not NYC. Just asking.

I think they are referring to "non reserves". If you reserved as log as you get there before close you should be ok. I can't imagine them turning you away if you are in line before close.

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:48 AM
im at the apple store right now and there is already about 15 people waiting...im about 6th in line so i should be good to go. only issue is that there are a few BR sheriffs on patrol in the parking lots turning people away even though their are people already waiting. Id suggest that if your on your way up to the apple store, park on the side the cops arent on and book it to the line because apparently theyve been turning people away... good luck guys.

Bizzways
Jun 24, 2010, 01:08 AM
^^ if u have a reserved phone then there is no difference between getting there at 2am or 2pm. Come 7am there will be a healthy line though, so if your a first come first serve customer, be sure to get there asap. That sucks that cops are turning people away. But leaving the people already in line alone? Strange. Oh well at least you made it Wil. Any other macrumor members out there?

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 01:31 AM
^^ if u have a reserved phone then there is no difference between getting there at 2am or 2pm. Come 7am there will be a healthy line though, so if your a first come first serve customer, be sure to get there asap. That sucks that cops are turning people away. But leaving the people already in line alone? Strange. Oh well at least you made it Wil. Any other macrumor members out there?

Yea i tried to reserve my iphone but it didnt register with apple due to all of the chaos on the 15th. so needless to say Im camping out, theres now about 45-55 people already waiting. We called EBR sheriffs and MOL security and they EBR sheriffs office said they werent going to arrest anyone and it was up to the MOL security. MOL security retracted their previous statement about telling us to leave (which NO one did lol) and said as long as we dont start any problems and remain civil we can stay ( i think they changed their minds due to people kept continuing to show up regardless of what they said) and it would be more trouble to have everyone wait in their cars only to make a mad dash for the doors to get in line and creating mass confusion and "i was before you" problems.

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 02:22 AM
Crowd is now up to around 70-80 people if anyone is still up to read this or plans on coming up here. Also, there is a steady stream of people showing up...

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 02:28 AM
and so the arguing and yelling has begun by those who had been ran off by the cops who just showed back up and are trying to fight with people saying theyre first inline despite the other 50+ people who are in line now. Its not my or anyone ones fault that yall were kicked out prior to the "alls clear, yall can stay". Thats just how things have unfolded, deal with it...its what we call Life.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 24, 2010, 02:42 AM
and so the arguing and yelling has begun by those who had been ran off by the cops who just showed back up and are trying to fight with people saying theyre first inline despite the other 50+ people who are in line now. Its not my or anyone ones fault that yall were kicked out prior to the "alls clear, yall can stay". Thats just how things have unfolded, deal with it...its what we call Life.

man I wish I could see the pandaemonium :/

Keep on updating. Awesome read :D

GeauxCeltics15
Jun 24, 2010, 03:50 AM
the apple store is on fire

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 03:51 AM
It seems that the stream of people arriving has settled, for now at least. In other news, Mr. Yells a lot and his cohorts have swallowed the pill called life and are now sedated, but still restless, at the end of the line while Miss complains a lot continues to whine as she has for the past 2 1/2 hours straight about having been ran off only to arrive to a 40-50+ people waiting in line after the iPhone gestapo finally broke and finally allowed the inevitable hoard of people to wait outside in the make shift line that has formed... The line is extremely clustered in the middle of the line and all the way to "end of the line". The clusters of people towards the back of the line will surely cause a rash of confrontation to break out about who is where in line... The "fun" has yet to hit its zenith which I'm sure will eventually be one for the ages and one hell of a story when the madness is all said and done...

I'll continue to keep you all updated ( that is until my battery on my laptop finally kicks the bucket).... For those who have yet to make it up to the apple store at the MOL, enter at your own risk for this will not be for the meager or weak and will be a perfect example of survival of the fittest. So if you had planned on coming up here right about now or in a little bit, be prepared for a long line and the inevitable future confrontations regarding line position that are surely to erupt as we approach lift off.... Fun will be had by all, I hope....

Eddyisgreat
Jun 24, 2010, 03:51 AM
the apple store is on fire

-_-

-----------------------

THX for the update Wilbourn; last time I was down in BR was for the Superbowl in February glad to see everything is still peachy as evar LOL

Bizzways
Jun 24, 2010, 05:09 AM
Haha. Thanks for the updates wil, this is quite an entertaining read. I can picture it all too well. I think anyone showing up past now doesn't have a chance without a reservation. Unless that particular store has a huge shipment coming. Best of luck to you man. Keep us updated it you can. And make sure your enjoy the new toy for me when you get your paws on it. Only another 20 or so days till I can do the same....

bobdigi
Jun 24, 2010, 08:36 AM
I arrived at 5am, and was inside the apple store at 8am. This phone ****ing rocks.

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
Yea I got home around 8 as well. I was 5th in the first come first served line and was in and out by 7:30 and then sat in my truck with the AC on full blast since I had been out in the 100% humidity since 12am... that place turned into a mad house really quick... heres some photos of JUST THE WALK UP line... when I left, the Reserved line was almost as long and wrapped around the building and down the street and people were still getting in line.. I have videos as well but need to upload them first... these pictures where taken around 6:40ish at the peak of anticipation.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/drewnbrla/IMG_0391.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/drewnbrla/IMG_0388.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/drewnbrla/IMG_0392.jpg

Bizzways
Jun 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
Congrats man, you did it. Thanks for the pic's. :D

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 11:18 AM
Congrats man, you did it. Thanks for the pic's. :D

Thanks man! Yea it was instant gratification once I left apple, especially after the what seemed to be a never ending wait. I noticed that when the sun or light shines on the screen when its off it looks almost like a hologram due to the high pixel count which I thought was really cool.

tito2380
Jun 24, 2010, 12:05 PM
Just made it home from the apple store after starting out in the first come first serve line at 4:30 am. Luckily, I printed out my reserve confirmation paper and let one of the apple employees check for my name that was cancelled for some odd reason. I showed them the paper and I got my phone. The first come first serve line is being let in 1 or maybe 2 at a time, while the reserves are coming in 10 at a time.

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:13 PM
Just made it home from the apple store after starting out in the first come first serve line at 4:30 am. Luckily, I printed out my reserve confirmation paper and let one of the apple employees check for my name that was cancelled for some odd reason. I showed them the paper and I got my phone. The first come first serve line is being let in 1 or maybe 2 at a time, while the reserves are coming in 10 at a time.

They were only letting 1 walk up go in at a time when I was there. It was insane seeing how many people showed up, i was expecting a good bit of people but not that many...People were still steadily showing up when I left at 7;30 with my iphone

tito2380
Jun 24, 2010, 12:24 PM
Never in a million years did i think this many people would have showed up. It almost felt like we were in San Francisco or New York.

Wilbourn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:32 PM
Never in a million years did i think this many people would have showed up. It almost felt like we were in San Francisco or New York.

Yea for a while i was thinking "how many more people are going to show up? this attendance has to be on par with houston or NYC because this is f'n nuts". There had to be AT LEAST 1000 people there when I left walked out. If I was one of the VERY last people in the first come first served line and saw the ungodly amount of people that were in our line, I would had chalked it up as a lost cause because there's no way in hell the apple store received that many first come first serves to supply the entire amount of people that were in that line... at least the reserves people knew they were good to go, but the rest of the people had to be questioning the actual possibility that they would get one or if they were just wasting their time..

Daveway
Jun 24, 2010, 06:53 PM
Anyone going to try tomorrow morning? I'm hoping they might have stock or unfilled pre orders.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 24, 2010, 07:00 PM
hey thanks again for the updates Wilbourn, that was good coverage mang :D

Will tune in next year

WorldsGreatest
Jun 24, 2010, 08:54 PM
Anyone going to try tomorrow morning? I'm hoping they might have stock or unfilled pre orders.

I wanted to try and go tomorrow... I just don't want to make a blank trip

Cormier6083
Jun 25, 2010, 02:02 PM
The line was absolutely monstrous. I got their at 7AM and left at 7PM. I was nuts to wait that long but I was pissed so I stayed lmao.

Wilbourn
Jun 25, 2010, 02:02 PM

If you went this morning, did you have any luck on scoring you an iPhone? Considering the massive amounts of people that were there for the launch and from what my friend who went when he got off of work at 6pm to get his reserved iphone who said there was at least 300 people in line when he arrived for reserved iPhones, I would imagine the actual chances were very slim of scoring you a phone this morning...Plus (sorry I forgot to mention this last night but then again I slept virtually all day yesterday due to camping out all night) the guy at the apple store told me around 1am Thursday morning that they would be opening at 8am this morning for left over reserves.... If you weren't lucky and scored you an iPhone, ATT will be receiving very modest shipments of iPhones at their stores this coming Tuesday for first come first served and will be opening at regular store hours, also Best buy is supposed to also recieve a very small shipments to their stores of iphones this coming Monday....

hey thanks again for the updates Wilbourn, that was good coverage mang :D

Will tune in next year

Your most welcome buddy. This was the first time I have ever camped out for something like this so it was an extremely unique experience. It was really fun (despite the 85 -90 degree heat and 100% humidity and a handful of confrontational individuals and people who arrived late and skipped to the front of the line with sob stories who still for some damn reason were allowed to remain at the front and served before me after they skipped even after the store manager told them he would not sell them anything...bulls**t if you ask me but I still got my iPhone so ****** it lol). Yea I would had continued the updates but there was a lot of conflict resolutions being conducted between the mass of people in line that were cut by certain individuals and MOL security along with the Apple store managers.... So I kept my laptop in my book sack just in case it turned nasty so that it wouldnt get broken (its my only means to the digital world outside my iPhone lol).

In fact, here is a picture of 2 of the 3 (the third who was an old crazy lady who I believe was drunk, finally figured out after 2 hours of arguing that she cut to the front of the first come first served line and then was had to wait at the end of the reserves line which was over 300+ people when this happened at 5:30ish lol)... The guy in the picture, whom I believe was not all there in the head, at one point he was kneeling down and holding the divider pole and looked like he was praying that he wouldn't be kicked out of line and not sold an iPhone (which I asked him if he was praying to steve jobs for divine intervention lol) which while he was doing this, a local news screw who were live interviewed him lol which was golden...and the lady in the pictures son looked like harry potter lol...
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/drewnbrla/IMG_0393-1.jpg

Heres the video that I'm talking about (at 1:31 im the one sitting in the chair with a baby blue shirt and Grey hat on next to the girl standing up in the orange shirt, just an FYI lol...)... you can skip to 1:50 if you'd like because that's when the guy that was praying (which he does in the video) makes his appearance lol. ( he did that for like 20-30 minutes almost)..but he makes his first appearance at 1:32

http://www.wafb.com/global/Category.asp?C=151146&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=89761&topVideoCatNoB=92715&topVideoCatNoC=151875&topVideoCatNoD=89780&topVideoCatNoE=89943&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4893562&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

BTW.... dude at 2:37 didnt actually jump and hide in the bushes lol it was an ongoing joke about the cops who kicked everyone out earlier around midnight, he was like "yeah man i jumped and hid in the bushes and went into invisibility mode until all was clear" or something like that lol

Also, watch the ending of the video starting at 3:50, you wont be disappointed lol..."guy hid in a bush man! these things are like drugs man!"lol lol classic!

GeauxCeltics15
Jun 25, 2010, 09:29 PM
I went today to look for accessories and try to pick another iPhone up. Got there at 10am for the store opening, hopped in the ~15 person line (in the air conditioned store) and waited for about 20 minutes to be paired with a specialist to purchase a phone. Kinda upset that I waited 7 hours yesterday to get one. NEVER AGAIN. Yes, I was the 9th person to get the iPhone on launch day, but I could have waited 24 hours with ample sleep to wait 30 minutes for the same result.

WorldsGreatest
Jun 26, 2010, 04:16 PM
I went today to look for accessories and try to pick another iPhone up. Got there at 10am for the store opening, hopped in the ~15 person line (in the air conditioned store) and waited for about 20 minutes to be paired with a specialist to purchase a phone. Kinda upset that I waited 7 hours yesterday to get one. NEVER AGAIN. Yes, I was the 9th person to get the iPhone on launch day, but I could have waited 24 hours with ample sleep to wait 30 minutes for the same result.

dude are U serious? FML! I was thinking about going yesterday morning when the store opened, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to, because I didn't want to make a blank trip

anyone know if Apple will be selling phones on Monday? I hear that at&t won't be selling any until Tuesday