PDA

View Full Version : Enough! Got a 13MBP

bluescity
Jun 9, 2010, 03:26 PM
Just purchased: 13'' with 256 SSD.

Sorry Scottsdale.

Seriously, I'm psyched. I was torn anyway, because I travel a lot and really like to watch DVDs on my computer in my hotel. So the optical was a big plus for me. Oh I can't wait!!

AAPLaday
Jun 9, 2010, 04:07 PM
Thats the sensible choice at this moment in time. At its current price/performance ratio the Air isnt worth it unless you get a refurb. So so so in need of update

gimmi80
Jun 9, 2010, 04:47 PM
I did the same... couldn't wait any longer.
I've got a refurb macbook pro 13 2010 for $1019.

I'm looking into a hybrid 7200rpm (Momentus XT) to speed it up a bit.

jns2001
Jun 9, 2010, 09:18 PM
I did the same... couldn't wait any longer.
I've got a refurb macbook pro 13 2010 for $1019.

I'm looking into a hybrid 7200rpm (Momentus XT) to speed it up a bit.

I would get a SSD if I were you. Makes a world of difference.

MrCheeto
Jun 9, 2010, 09:21 PM
At its current price/performance ratio the Air isnt worth it

It never will be. The MacBook Air is a novelty item, thus, Apple prices it to sell to the people highly interested in that form factor. It's a very niche market, as far as computers go.

yakyu
Jun 9, 2010, 10:15 PM
My girlfriend wanted the MBA since March and we heard about the rumored update and had been waiting since April. I got myself interested and bought the MBP 15" in May for myself, but my gf is still without her MBA and she's been bugging me for 2 months now.

This has been a very frustrating wait with all the rumors flying around without any realization and we decided to give it until June 18. I.e. if we don't see the new MBA then, we'll probably get the Sony VaioZ instead. :mad:

ClassicII
Jun 9, 2010, 10:19 PM
It never will be. The MacBook Air is a novelty item, thus, Apple prices it to sell to the people highly interested in that form factor. It's a very niche market, as far as computers go.

To be honest thats EXACTLY how I felt until I actually used one. I remember watching the keynote thinking wow... who in the heck is going to buy that?

After using one extensively though I cant even go back to my black mackbook as it just feels clunky big and outdated.

Except for the dvd and battery life hehe. :D

1rottenapple
Jun 9, 2010, 11:16 PM

Seriously! the regular MBP is cool and quiet for daily task but man the air is LOUD and WARM. Speaking from someone who went from MBA rev. A -> MBA rev. B -> MBP 13in -> MBP 15.

The risk pad area on the MBP is cool for everyday task minus doing processor intensive task, at least from my experience.

yakyu
Jun 10, 2010, 12:58 AM
Seriously! the regular MBP is cool and quiet for daily task but man the air is LOUD and WARM. Speaking from someone who went from MBA rev. A -> MBA rev. B -> MBP 13in -> MBP 15.

The risk pad area on the MBP is cool for everyday task minus doing processor intensive task, at least from my experience.

try playing half-life 2 with your MBP on your lap; it almost scorched my thighs :p

p.s. and it drains my battery in less than 2 hours...

roxygal9
Jun 10, 2010, 09:28 AM

Sorry Scottsdale.

Seriously, I'm psyched. I was torn anyway, because I travel a lot and really like to watch DVDs on my computer in my hotel. So the optical was a big plus for me. Oh I can't wait!!

I did the same thing I bought mine 2 weeks ago, I was sick of waiting, and I just got it last week and am loving it! The 256 SSD really does make a difference it was worth the extra investment IMO. It boots up in less than 5 seconds (really!) and applications load within 1-2 seconds, office loads in about 3 seconds, but I have heard this is normal.

The laptop is very quiet, while running HD videos, ITUNES, web browsing, word proecesing, etc. And I have gotten almost 10 hours battery life web surfing, 8 with itunes and word prcessing very happy with my machine, and also glad that I do not have a lemon, though i did get apple care just in case.

Spacekatgal
Jun 10, 2010, 11:21 AM
I really feel what you're saying. I think you did the right thing.

Look. Here's the truth. Since using the iPad so extensively, the stuttering in my rev C MBA has become more and more intolerable. I could sell my MBA right now and upgrade to a 13 inch MBP for $200. The performance, trackpad, screen, battery life would all be better - and all with just a pound more.

I have my iPad for when I need to be ultra light. And I have my 15 inch 17 for power. And to have something in between the two for $200? It's sounding better and better.

Bri

flynz4
Jun 10, 2010, 12:01 PM
I really feel what you're saying. I think you did the right thing.

Look. Here's the truth. Since using the iPad so extensively, the stuttering in my rev C MBA has become more and more intolerable. I could sell my MBA right now and upgrade to a 13 inch MBP for $200. The performance, trackpad, screen, battery life would all be better - and all with just a pound more.
I have my iPad for when I need to be ultra light. And I have my 15 inch 17 for power. And to have something in between the two for $200? It's sounding better and better.

Bri

RE: Bolded section above.

First, it is 1.5 lbs... but that in itself is decieving. If your priority is light weight portablility, then the difference between a MBA and a MBP is huge. It really is 50% heavier, and that is a lot. However, if you really do not need or want that very light weight then by all means get the MBP. Just realize that you probably really do not need the MBA's main advantage... but you are getting something else that you value more.

It is like buying a new compact car because you need to park in narrow parking spaces... but buying a Hummer because it is only 50% wider than a Prius.

/Jim

Spacekatgal
Jun 10, 2010, 12:16 PM
RE: Bolded section above.

First, it is 1.5 lbs... but that in itself is decieving. If your priority is light weight portablility, then the difference between a MBA and a MBP is huge. It really is 50% heavier, and that is a lot. However, if you really do not need or want that very light weight then by all means get the MBP. Just realize that you probably really do not need the MBA's main advantage... but you are getting something else that you value more.

It is like buying a new compact car because you need to park in narrow parking spaces... but buying a Hummer because it is only 50% wider than a Prius.

/Jim

Well, I can only speak for myself - but I think the iPad covers the space where I need an ultraportable. The MBA used to be the best for my needs, now it's the iPad. It's faster, and the 3G is a massive advantage. If they come out with a more portable keyboard, I'll be able to take notes in class, and that will be the end of it.

Also, by your logic, the iPad is even better since it's smaller, thinner and lighter. There are gradations of needs, and tradeoffs you can make.

I literally just put my MBA on Craig's List. I haven't used it once since getting the iPad. If I miss it, I'll get the 13 inch MBP.

pharmx
Jun 10, 2010, 12:34 PM
Well, I can only speak for myself - but I think the iPad covers the space where I need an ultraportable. The MBA used to be the best for my needs, now it's the iPad. It's faster, and the 3G is a massive advantage. If they come out with a more portable keyboard, I'll be able to take notes in class, and that will be the end of it.

Also, by your logic, the iPad is even better since it's smaller, thinner and lighter. There are gradations of needs, and tradeoffs you can make.

I literally just put my MBA on Craig's List. I haven't used it once since getting the iPad. If I miss it, I'll get the 13 inch MBP.

If you only used your MBA for things like FaceBook, surfing the web, and light-weight games, then yes I completely agree with you. For your needs, the iPad sounds like a perfect replacement. In fact, I'm surprised you said you needed a more portable keyboard....what's wrong with the alu BT one by Apple?

However, for people wanting an ultra-portable that can get real work done (which at this point requires more than what is available in the AppStore...this may change as iOS matures and becomes more capable), the MBA is pretty much the only choice, unless you go with the Windows7 options. The iPad is ultra portable but lacks OS X, and the MBP 13" has OS X, but lacks ultra-portability.

Everyone has different needs, so I guess it just depends on how you use your device. I own a Rev. B MBA, which is absolutely not replaceable by the iPad I own, for any of the things I use my MBA for. But many of the things I use my iPad for can be replaced by my iPhone and MBA.

In its current state, the 13" MBP is not a suitable replacement for my Air. But if it loses the optical drive, gets a little slimmer and a lot lighter...then I would buy it in a heartbeat. Then again, if it did all that, the MBA would serve no purpose anymore, unless it was completely redesigned for a whole new niche (ARM/iOS based, etc).

Spacekatgal
Jun 10, 2010, 12:40 PM
If you only used your MBA for things like FaceBook, surfing the web, and light-weight games, then yes I completely agree with you. For your needs, the iPad sounds like a perfect replacement. In fact, I'm surprised you said you needed a more portable keyboard....what's wrong with the alu BT one by Apple?

However, for people wanting an ultra-portable that can get real work done (which at this point requires more than what is available in the AppStore...this may change as iOS matures and becomes more capable), the MBA is pretty much the only choice, unless you go with the Windows7 options. The iPad is ultra portable but lacks OS X, and the MBP 13" has OS X, but lacks ultra-portability.

Everyone has different needs, so I guess it just depends on how you use your device. I own a Rev. B MBA, which is absolutely not replaceable by the iPad I own, for any of the things I use my MBA for. But many of the things I use my iPad for can be replaced by my iPhone and MBA.

In its current state, the 13" MBP is not a suitable replacement for my Air. But if it loses the optical drive, gets a little slimmer and a lot lighter...then I would buy it in a heartbeat. Then again, if it did all that, the MBA would serve no purpose anymore, unless it was completely redesigned for a whole new niche (ARM/iOS based, etc).

Yup yup! It's totally true. I did use my MBA for Facebooking, Surfing and Peggle primarily. I also did a lot of Xcode on it, but I find that it's a little slow with IB and doing Quartz Composer. The iPad fills the space for me nicely.

One thing is sucks at is message boarding, though. I find typing on it to only work for the most rudimentary communication. The Apple BT keyboard doesn't fit well into a bag.

Again, we all have different needs. Mine have moved with this last round of Apple products. I am honestly sorry Apple has chosen to not update the MBA for your needs. :( It's a great laptop, but it needs some of the more modern tech to make it effective.

pharmx
Jun 10, 2010, 12:58 PM
Yup yup! It's totally true. I did use my MBA for Facebooking, Surfing and Peggle primarily. I also did a lot of Xcode on it, but I find that it's a little slow with IB and doing Quartz Composer. The iPad fills the space for me nicely.

One thing is sucks at is message boarding, though. I find typing on it to only work for the most rudimentary communication. The Apple BT keyboard doesn't fit well into a bag.

Again, we all have different needs. Mine have moved with this last round of Apple products. I am honestly sorry Apple has chosen to not update the MBA for your needs. :( It's a great laptop, but it needs some of the more modern tech to make it effective.

I haven't had any problems with IB, but then again I'm almost always connected to an external monitor when dealing with IB, PhotoShop, or any sort of graphical/UI applications. I guess it's the "plug-n-play" aspect of the MBA that I will miss the most. It functions perfectly well as a primary computer when part of a "work station" setup (connected to external monitor, BT keyboard, BT mouse, networked via TC), yet completely capable as a mobile device when away from that sort of setup. I haven't gone completely cloud yet like flynz4, but that is my dream setup, and what I was hoping to do when/if the Air gets updated.

flynz4
Jun 10, 2010, 03:33 PM

I have 3 iPads now for my family (my personal one is 64GB 3G). Yes, it is thinner and ligher, but for my usage, it falls short of replacing my daily laptop. It is spectacular at certain tasks however.

Using my "parking space" analogy, my iPad is a motorcycle, which is even easier to park than my Prius, but it doesn't do the job when I have two passengers, its raining, and I have 2 weeks of groceries to haul.

I agree we all have different needs. My basic need is an ultralight portable that can function as my primary computer, augmented by my 27" i7 iMac. The current MBA fits that need well, so I do not really need an upgrade. In my case, my wife wants to take over my MBA, and I am holding off until I can get an upgrade out of the deal. She is fine with waiting... because she knows me well enough that I would buy the next new model anyway. Delaying her aquisition of my current MBA is her way of keeping our checkbook balanced. :)

/Jim

gwsat
Jun 10, 2010, 04:22 PM
First, let me say that those who claim that the new 13 inch MBP is, somehow, not a real computer because it doesn't have an i5 CPU haven't been paying attention to the facts. The 13 inch MBP's integrated NVIDIA 320m GPU is far more capable than the built in, and underpowered, GPU on the i5 chip. Apple would have been forced to give its 13 inch MBP buyers substandard graphics, though, if it had gone with an i5 in the 13 inch MBP. Apple's choice of the C2D processor and 320m graphics was a good one. There is little enough difference in the processing power of the 2.4Ghz i5 used in the 15 inch MBP and the 2.4Ghz C2D used in the 13 inch as to be undetectable in ordinary everyday use. The new 13 inch MBP is a fine computer.

pharmx
Jun 10, 2010, 04:32 PM
First, let me say that those who claim that the new 13 inch MBP is, somehow, not a real computer because it doesn't have an i5 CPU haven't been paying attention to the facts. The 13 inch MBP's integrated NVIDIA 320m GPU is far more capable than the built in, and underpowered, GPU on the i5 chip. Apple would have been forced to give its 13 inch MBP buyers substandard graphics, though, if it had gone with an i5 in the 13 inch MBP. Apple's choice of the C2D processor and 320m graphics was a good one. There is little enough difference in the processing power of the 2.4Ghz i5 used in the 15 inch MBP and the 2.4Ghz C2D used in the 13 inch as to be undetectable in ordinary everyday use. The new 13 inch MBP is a fine computer.

Did I miss something?

longball11
Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 PM
I believe that the Macbook air and mac pro are not updated as much as the macbooks and macbook pros because people don't buy them as much compared to the macbooks, etc.

soph
Jun 11, 2010, 01:35 AM
I believe that the Macbook air and mac pro are not updated as much as the macbooks and macbook pros because people don't buy them as much compared to the macbooks, etc.

Well, yes, but they will be even less bought if not upgraded... Even dramatically so, IMO.

Spacekatgal
Jun 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
I also sold mine yesterday. It will be dearly missed, but I haven't even turned it on since I got my iPad.

I have a crotch rocket, a Honda CBR600 and not a car - so it remains to be seen if I can carry my 15 inch to grad school on a daily basis. It's a lot of weight to sling over a shoulder. I think there may be a 13 inch MBP in my future. Either that, or I might give the Apple BT keyboard a try. I really wish there were a foldable product on the market.

bluescity
Jun 11, 2010, 11:33 AM
The new 13 inch MBP is a fine computer.

Obviously, I'm happy to hear you say that given that I just dropped 2Gs on it.

On that note, I got the FedEx tracking number early this morning. So it is on its way. Can't wait to share my first impressions.

MrCheeto
Jun 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
I fell in love with the 13" with the first Aluminum MacBook.

I've been using a 13" Aluminum Mac in some form or another since 2008. ZERO regrets. It never lets me down.

I'm currently on last-year's 13" MacBook Pro. I plan to use it as my main for about five years, and keep it for as long as it's running, a decade or two.

xi mezmerize ix
Jun 11, 2010, 12:24 PM
try playing half-life 2 with your MBP on your lap; it almost scorched my thighs :p

p.s. and it drains my battery in less than 2 hours...

Hu der da der...who the hell plays games on battery power and expects a lot of playtime? cmon dude

MrCheeto
Jun 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
I dunno bout you, but I got through two hour-long flights while gaming. I just love when the person next to you has a clear reaction to Doom 3 when you whip out the chainsaw.

No sir, blasting demons back to hell with shotguns and chain guns is a-ok, using a chainsaw to eviscerate them? Tsk tsk.

gwsat
Jun 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
Obviously, I'm happy to hear you say that given that I just dropped 2Gs on it.

On that note, I got the FedEx tracking number early this morning. So it is on its way. Can't wait to share my first impressions.

I fell in love with the 13" with the first Aluminum MacBook.

I've been using a 13" Aluminum Mac in some form or another since 2008. ZERO regrets. It never lets me down.

I'm currently on last-year's 13" MacBook Pro. I plan to use it as my main for about five years, and keep it for as long as it's running, a decade or two.
My grandson recently got a 13 inch MBP and I have had the opportunity to use it fairly extensively today. I am impressed. I have had nothing but 17 inch Mac laptops since 2003 but am coming around to the idea that the 13 inch model may be a better choice for me next time. I haven't missed the 17 inch screen's additional real estate but have really appreciated the 13 inch model's smaller size and lighter weight.

gimmi80
Jun 11, 2010, 10:22 PM
I've got my refurb today and it was a lemon. The airport card was gone... nothing to do.

I went to the apple store and they gave me a new MBP.

I'm happy about that but the MBA was faster.
I'm sure, the SSD is what makes the difference.

I used it all day and I didn't find any performance improvement vs the MBA.
Maybe battery life... but that's it.
Maybe the SD card reader but I use only Sandisk plus and it was ok.

I'll have to save the $ to get the intel x25 or go with the cheaper momentus xt. I read some positive reviews...

Spacekatgal
Jun 11, 2010, 11:49 PM
I've got my refurb today and it was a lemon. The airport card was gone... nothing to do.

I went to the apple store and they gave me a new MBP.

I'm happy about that but the MBA was faster.
I'm sure, the SSD is what makes the difference.

I used it all day and I didn't find any performance improvement vs the MBA.
Maybe battery life... but that's it.
Maybe the SD card reader but I use only Sandisk plus and it was ok.

I'll have to save the $ to get the intel x25 or go with the cheaper momentus xt. I read some positive reviews...

I've had the x-25 g1. It's a great piece of tech! Anandtech has a super positive review.

Awesome that you got a new Macbook! It came with no card in it at all???!!!

Metlin
Jun 12, 2010, 10:27 AM

Not particularly - the iPad is a great entertainment device, but the times when I desperately need an ultraportable is when I'm traveling.

I just went and plonked down some money on a new 13" MBP and I also just got an iPad - but I still love my MBA.

In the past couple of years, I've flown ~500,000 miles around the world. As a consultant, I take my work laptop - which is a clunky ThinkPad - and I got myself the MBA only to be an additional, portable laptop.

There is no way in hell that the iPad can be a replacement for an MBA. Hell, Numbers and Keynote are a joke compared to Excel.

Plus, you cannot use a bluetooth keyboard when you're on a 13 hour plane ride, which pretty much invalidates the portability/flexibility of the iPad for anything other than consuming content.

The MBA is simply fantastic for travel. There is no comparison. The iPad is a toy and nothing more. The MBP is great if you don't mind lugging around the extra 2 lb around the world, but for some of us the 2lbs add up.

(Let's see -- my laptop bag now has my ThinkPad, MBA, iPad, chargers and travel adapters, sleep mask, ear plugs, medbox with everything from multivitamins and pepcid to special medications, earphones, business cards, privacy screens, pens, portfolio and notebook, external USB HDDs and thumb drives, GPS, VPN access cards, and sunglasses, emergency tie + cufflinks, emergency deodorant, emergency nutri bars, emergency tea and coffee -- and of course, my handpresso (http://www.handpresso.fr/)).

Spacekatgal
Jun 12, 2010, 11:02 AM
Not particularly - the iPad is a great entertainment device, but the times when I desperately need an ultraportable is when I'm traveling.

I just went and plonked down some money on a new 13" MBP and I also just got an iPad - but I still love my MBA.

In the past couple of years, I've flown ~500,000 miles around the world. As a consultant, I take my work laptop - which is a clunky ThinkPad - and I got myself the MBA only to be an additional, portable laptop.

There is no way in hell that the iPad can be a replacement for an MBA. Hell, Numbers and Keynote are a joke compared to Excel.

Plus, you cannot use a bluetooth keyboard when you're on a 13 hour plane ride, which pretty much invalidates the portability/flexibility of the iPad for anything other than consuming content.

The MBA is simply fantastic for travel. There is no comparison. The iPad is a toy and nothing more. The MBP is great if you don't mind lugging around the extra 2 lb around the world, but for some of us the 2lbs add up.

(Let's see -- my laptop bag now has my ThinkPad, MBA, iPad, chargers and travel adapters, sleep mask, ear plugs, medbox with everything from multivitamins and pepcid to special medications, earphones, business cards, privacy screens, pens, portfolio and notebook, external USB HDDs and thumb drives, GPS, VPN access cards, and sunglasses, emergency tie + cufflinks, emergency deodorant, emergency nutri bars, emergency tea and coffee -- and of course, my handpresso (http://www.handpresso.fr/)).

No, that's awesome. I think a big difference is what you do for a living. If Excel is a work tool for you, then the MBA is right up your alley. For my work, I need as much power as I can get. I have a 15 inch i7. There is no way on earth a MBA can do my actual work.

Metlin
Jun 12, 2010, 11:08 AM
No, that's awesome. I think a big difference is what you do for a living. If Excel is a work tool for you, then the MBA is right up your alley. For my work, I need as much power as I can get. I have a 15 inch i7. There is no way on earth a MBA can do my actual work.

Of course! I realize that outside of Admiral's Club and United RC Lounge, you really can't see very many other MBAs.

That said, I'll certainly not be complaining if Apple made a more powerful MBA -- even at a significantly higher price point. Unfortunately, that's not an option at the moment. :(

bluescity
Jun 12, 2010, 05:05 PM
In the past couple of years, I've flown ~500,000 miles around the world. y handpresso (http://www.handpresso.fr/)).

Damn, that's a lot of flying. I don't do nearly that much - only about 8 business trips a year, 1 or 2 of which are international. Still, here's my thought about planes and computers:

So the keyboard, as you say, is essential for me to work (I'm composing in Word - low power needs but big demand on typing). So the iPad is out for that. However, here's where the MBA would also fail me - battery. I HATE - HATE - roaming around looking for an outlet in airports. Some airports of them (maybe for $ reasons) have even started eliminating them.

Of course, if you are in some kind of Admirals club, you probably don't worry about this. But hey - that's a pretty rarefied crowd.

bluescity
Jun 12, 2010, 05:07 PM
Jun 12, 2010 1:09 PM - arrived in Anchorage, AK.

I'm hoping for a Monday delivery.

Metlin
Jun 12, 2010, 05:37 PM
Damn, that's a lot of flying. I don't do nearly that much - only about 8 business trips a year, 1 or 2 of which are international.

If it's domestic, I usually fly out first thing Mondays and fly back Thursdays/Fridays every week. If it's international, I usually and return state-side every 2-3 weeks. The miles add up. :) I'm at ~80k miles already this year.

Still, here's my thought about planes and computers:

So the keyboard, as you say, is essential for me to work (I'm composing in Word - low power needs but big demand on typing). So the iPad is out for that. However, here's where the MBA would also fail me - battery. I HATE - HATE - roaming around looking for an outlet in airports. Some airports of them (maybe for $ reasons) have even started eliminating them.

Of course, if you are in some kind of Admirals club, you probably don't worry about this. But hey - that's a pretty rarefied crowd.

Yup, that's the biggest reason I love those lounges. In fact, if you've a Platinum Corporate Amex, you can enter Admirals Clubs for free.

I usually fly American or British Airways, and most of those planes have a power outlet next to the seats, especially in first/business (gotta love those free frequent flyer upgrades!). I've the Magsafe Airline Adapter (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB441Z/A), which makes a huge difference. It doesn't charge the battery, but it keeps it going.

tsubikiddo
Jun 13, 2010, 04:40 AM

Sorry Scottsdale.

It's a make sense decision
and the fact that you still have use feor the discs just automatically disqualify you as a potential MBA owner
I mean, yes, you can still buy the Air, sure. Nothing is going to prevent you from buying it, but it's going to cost a lot of extra, unnecessary hassles before you can start doing things that matters.

Congrads for getting the MBP, hope you are enjoying your new machine :)

gwsat
Jun 13, 2010, 10:02 AM
To me, the most important consideration, by far, in deciding whether to buy a 13 inch MBP now or wait for an updated MBA is whether you are going to be able to live with the MBP's significantly heavier weight over time. If you can, the MBP is a no brainer. Not only is it a cheaper and more powerful machine than the MBA out of the box, it is expandable. The difference in weight between the MBA's 3 pounds and the MBP's 4.5 pounds is significant, though. I am still on the bubble. I have used my grandson's new 13 inch MBP a lot lately and have fallen in love with it. On the other hand, every time I have gone into the Apple store and compared the MBA to the 13 inch MBP, I have fallen in love with the MBA all over again because of its elegant form factor and light weight. Thus, It's no wonder that so many of us continue to wait for the updated MBA, despite the availability of the excellent 13 inch MBP.

PsyD4Me
Jun 13, 2010, 01:45 PM

i can see how someone can say that without using one extensively.
So i disagree with you Sir.
With moderate use the current air is still good enough for me for one more year. I'll spend the money on 2 new iphones instead.

MrCheeto
Jun 13, 2010, 01:52 PM
Right...but the price is certainly adjusted because it's an attractive model, not because it has amazing features.

yakyu
Jun 13, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hu der da der...who the hell plays games on battery power and expects a lot of playtime? cmon dude

:) it was more a stress-test than a practical usage...

bluescity
Jun 14, 2010, 11:32 AM
FedEx rang my door just past 9AM. I was excited as my tracking check an hour earlier showed my MBP on the truck.

Alas, all he handed me was the box with my free 16GB Nano. So I'm still at home, waiting...

halledise
Jun 14, 2010, 04:11 PM
Right...but the price is certainly adjusted because it's an attractive model, not because it has amazing features.

sounds like a pimp talking - ha ha - joke :D