PDA

View Full Version : Judge issues warrant for Lindsay Lohan's arrest

leekohler
Jun 9, 2010, 03:27 PM
Miss Lindsay- it's time to stop drinking. Seriously.

It took a few weeks, but actress Lindsay Lohan found herself in trouble again this time over the alcohol-detection bracelet a judge ordered her to wear.

According to sources, the device's alarm sounded Sunday, the night Lohan was attending the MTV Movie Awards. It's unclear why the device went off. Typically, the alarm sounds when the bracelet is tampered with or if the person wearing it consumes alcohol.

But it was enough for a Beverly Hills judge to haul prosecutors and Lohan's attorneys into court Wednesday afternoon for a closed session.

Judge Marsha Revel issued an arrest warrant for Lohan, 23. To avoid being detained, Lohan posted $200,000 bail. Revel did not provide any specifics other than to say Lohan violated a court order not to consume alcohol and to wear an alcohol-detection device.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/la-me-lohan-20100609,0,4400033.story

Eraserhead
Jun 9, 2010, 03:38 PM
Lets hope they take the case seriously and don't let her off with a slap on the wrist.

It does noone any good to do that.

leekohler
Jun 9, 2010, 03:39 PM
Lets hope they take the case seriously and don't let her off with a slap on the wrist.

It does noone any good to do that.

I doubt they do much TBH.

velocityg4
Jun 9, 2010, 04:27 PM
She's got plenty of money. Why doesn't she just have a chauffeur on staff instead of drinking and driving in the first place? Heck I am not wealthy but always call a taxi if I had even one drink.

leekohler
Jun 9, 2010, 04:31 PM
She's got plenty of money. Why doesn't she just have a chauffeur on staff instead of drinking and driving in the first place? Heck I am not wealthy but always call a taxi if I had even one drink.

I've always wondered this as well. Just look at Mel Gibson.

phillipjfry
Jun 9, 2010, 05:16 PM
"Somebody spilled a drink on my wrist... *looks left* *looks right*"

I hope to see a jail-time spectacle that would make Paris Hilton jealous.

leekohler
Jun 9, 2010, 05:25 PM
"Somebody spilled a drink on my wrist... *looks left* *looks right*"

I hope to see a jail-time spectacle that would make Paris Hilton jealous.

Haha! I doubt it will happen though.

Zombie Acorn
Jun 9, 2010, 05:40 PM
why wouldn't you just encase the band in some sort of sealant material and then drink?

danielcox
Jun 10, 2010, 05:50 AM

Is she really? She did have a lot of money but she hasn't been in anything worthwhile for years. I have a feeling her funds are dwindling.

ucfgrad93
Jun 10, 2010, 11:29 AM
This girl is just a complete train wreck that will end in tragedy. Even though it is completely her fault for the mess her life is in, I do feel bad for her.

joepunk
Jun 10, 2010, 02:41 PM
why wouldn't you just encase the band in some sort of sealant material and then drink?

People have (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/lindsay-lohan-posts-bail-scram-set-off/story?id=10865680&page=2)

Vickers Cunningham, retired Texas District Court Judge and chief operating officer of Recovery Healthcare Corporation, a major SCRAM distributor, said that some offenders have attempted innovative strategies to bluff the booze detector. Novices place cellophane or foil between the skin and the sensor. "The more creative people have tried to simulate human skin by using baloney or salami or ham," he said. One even stuck chicken skin to his ankle.

velocityg4
Jun 10, 2010, 04:29 PM
Is she really? She did have a lot of money but she hasn't been in anything worthwhile for years. I have a feeling her funds are dwindling.

IMDB.com estimates it at $7,000,000. I do not know how accurate that is, though they do have quite the database on actors, directors, movies &c. That is sufficient to higher a driver.

Jason Beck
Jun 10, 2010, 04:34 PM
All hail Queen Fire Crotch!

Signal-11
Jun 11, 2010, 11:59 AM
Can't deny that she's good at providing entertainment, one way or another.

suburbia
Jun 13, 2010, 02:44 PM
This girl is just a complete train wreck that will end in tragedy. Even though it is completely her fault for the mess her life is in, I do feel bad for her.

Me too. Of course it's her own fault, but are her parents/family doing anything to help her now that she is beyond helping herself?

BTW, unlike the parasites Paris and Kim, Lindsay is actually talented and beautiful.

ravenvii
Jun 13, 2010, 08:10 PM
BTW, unlike the parasites Paris and Kim, Lindsay was actually talented and beautiful.

FTFY. IMHO, at least.

leekohler
Jun 13, 2010, 08:13 PM
Me too. Of course it's her own fault, but are her parents/family doing anything to help her now that she is beyond helping herself?

BTW, unlike the parasites Paris and Kim, Lindsay is actually talented and beautiful.

Yeah, it's rather unfortunate.

Chip NoVaMac
Jun 14, 2010, 12:03 AM
She needs help.. :(

suburbia
Jun 14, 2010, 12:33 AM
FTFY. IMHO, at least.

Interesting... Didn't think she was beautiful before she lost it, but now, she's very beautiful to me; there's an intensity and hardness to her face now I like.

Anyway, never been a fan of hers, but I hope she gets the help she needs and pulls through. And I hope her parents are helping and supporting her, and just keeping their assistance low-profile and that's why we don't see them with her.

elhazard9000
Jun 14, 2010, 06:29 PM
like watching a train wreck in slow motion

gnasher729
Jun 14, 2010, 06:38 PM
Anyway, never been a fan of hers, but I hope she gets the help she needs and pulls through. And I hope her parents are helping and supporting her, and just keeping their assistance low-profile and that's why we don't see them with her.

There are tens of thousands of people who are in more trouble, and who have no parents to support them, and who don't have millions in the bank to buy themselves help. So she is quite far at the end of my list of people that I hope get help.