PDA

View Full Version : Bellevue, WA (Bellevue Square)

xijio
Jun 10, 2010, 05:19 PM
I went to the University Village store last year, but this year I live in Bellevue and am considering Bellevue Square. Anyone know the routine at Bellevue Square?

CocoaPuffs
Jun 10, 2010, 09:17 PM
Stood in the Bel Square line for at least 10 hours for multiple phones during the 3G launch. What is it that you want to know?

Eosblue
Jun 11, 2010, 12:03 AM
Why wait in line? Let Fed Ex bring it to you. I don't wait in line for anything, certainly not a phone.

jo0
Jun 11, 2010, 01:46 AM
i was in bellevue for an iphone launch a couple years back and it was the crappiest launch ive seen. they lied and opened early AM before the advertised time for a group of school kids, pissed of angry fanboys and got some media attention.

after we realized what they had done they said they didnt have any phones left (mind you i was #3 in line BEFORE they were supposed to open the doors) and tried to make us go away. it didnt work too well. moral of the story, the ALWAYS have more phones in the store.

we were quieted down with free gadgets thought :D so no harm done. ive had better launch experiences in u-village. meet you there?

minik
Jun 11, 2010, 11:25 PM
i was in bellevue for an iphone launch a couple years back and it was the crappiest launch ive seen. they lied and opened early AM before the advertised time for a group of school kids, pissed of angry fanboys and got some media attention.

after we realized what they had done they said they didnt have any phones left (mind you i was #3 in line BEFORE they were supposed to open the doors) and tried to make us go away. it didnt work too well. moral of the story, the ALWAYS have more phones in the store.

we were quieted down with free gadgets thought :D so no harm done. ive had better launch experiences in u-village. meet you there?

I didn't notice any problem while waiting in-line for the original iPhone and iPhone 3G. I arrived at around 2PM and walked out from the store at 6:30PM-ish with 2 iPhones. For the iPhone 3G launch, they let us into the mall at 6AM and I was #16 in line.

eng42ine
Jun 13, 2010, 01:34 PM
Was thinking about going to the Lynnwood store as I'll be in Multikeo on vacation for a week and a half, any bad experiences there?

xijio
Jun 15, 2010, 05:14 PM
I've got one on hold for me at Bellevue Square, but I'm still trying to get a preorder in to have fedex ship it to me. Unfortunately, Apple's site has been busted. I've tried ~100 times (no joke). Started around 2:30am pst and tried until 4:30pst and then tried intermittently throughout the work day today. Oh :apple:...

ashley1496
Jun 16, 2010, 12:08 AM
I was there for the 3G launch. Think I got into line around 5:30 or 6 am and I had my phone by 10 am. There was an outage in AT&T sites that wouldn't allow people to activate (and at that time you still had to in store). Which is the only reason it took so long. I do have a reserved 32G here but I did manage to get an order through AT&T's site at around 1:50 pm. I didn't get a conformation email though and my card hasn't been charged...so I'm not sure what route I'll go yet.

tigress666
Jun 19, 2010, 05:19 PM
Was thinking about going to the Lynnwood store as I'll be in Multikeo on vacation for a week and a half, any bad experiences there?

Might want to post this in the Lynnwood thread (just look for Lynnwood).

I'd be curious too (that's hwere my reserve is).

jukeapples24
Jun 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
I have a few friends who work there, and it sounds like ideally you want to be in the first group to go in so you can actually have someone pay attention fully to your specific needs. So what time is everyone lining up? It might be really early...

Jskankin
Jun 24, 2010, 12:54 AM
Would it be a bad idea to go in later around 630? 230? I have one on reserve but cant make it early? Am i gonna get stuck waiting around forever or what?

Maynerd
Jun 24, 2010, 07:12 AM
Well there's a pretty good line at Bellevue square apple store. Got here about 445am. I'm at about 55 in the line that I can see there are people indoors that I can't see. So there could be a lot of people in front of me but I just can't tell.

There is quite a line me behind me already.

Hope i get a phone!

Maynerd
Jun 24, 2010, 07:23 AM
Ok so someone told me there were about 70 people ahead of me so I'm about 120 in line. Yikes! Getting worried now. :(

elliottgray
Jun 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
Easily 3000+ people in line right now.

They're letting people in 10/1 for preorders/non-preorders.

I would be extremely worried if I wasn't in the top half of the line for preorders right now, hopefully I can get out of here soon because it's probably going to get ugly 4-5 hours from now.

tigress666
Jun 24, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hee hee, the advantage of living near hte Lynnwood store. We're apparently considered in the boonies. We had maybe 460 people total when the store opened. I was out by 8 am. Guy next to me did not ahve a reserve and had driven over to our store cause he saw how bad Bellevue was and decided that was too much a risk.

elliottgray
Jun 24, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hee hee, the advantage of living near hte Lynnwood store. We're apparently considered in the boonies. We had maybe 460 people total when the store opened. I was out by 8 am. Guy next to me did not ahve a reserve and had driven over to our store cause he saw how bad Bellevue was and decided that was too much a risk.

Walk-ins at Lynnwood were capped at 150. It doesn't look good over there right now either.

elliottgray
Jun 24, 2010, 06:20 PM
Anyone have any updates on the reserved line? Something came up at work and I had to forfeit my spot around 10 :/

Reluctant Adept
Jun 24, 2010, 06:54 PM
I arrived around 10:40am and finally got in to pick up my reserved iPhone 4 at 3:40pm, five hours later. The reserves line was moving 3-4 times faster than the NON-reserve line, which was just letting people in who had been lined up since 6am.

The reserve line wasn't quite as long when I left as when I got there, but I'd still plan for a four-hour wait.