PDA

View Full Version : Power Support Air Jacket, coming soon !

aduteau
Jun 10, 2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone saw this from Power Support ?

http://www.powersupportusa.com/product/show/coming-soon-air-jacket-for-ipad

Looks like the Belkin clear grip

gigaguy
Jun 10, 2010, 08:38 PM
Saw it a while ago. if it's anything like the iphone air jacket, which I love, it is hard plastic and very slim. more like a hard back skin that a real case. but for $50 I'll probably skip. I put a skin on the back of my ipad already.
The clear is a glossy hard plastic, the black has a black rubberized finish painted on, pretty durable finish on my phone anyway. at least the iphone and touch air jackets are.

hmm from the pic it may be a soft plastic, hard to tell, they say 'form-fitted'?

b00st3d
Jul 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
i wonder if it will work with the ipad dock?

aduteau
Jul 20, 2010, 02:34 PM
Anyone tried or ordered one of these yet ?

Pared
Jul 28, 2010, 09:47 AM
This is out. It's available in select stores as well.

Thinking of going to take a look at it during lunch. Hmm...

aduteau
Jul 28, 2010, 10:00 AM
This is out. It's available in select stores as well.

Thinking of going to take a look at it during lunch. Hmm...

Sweet !!!
If you do go out to look at it during lunch ... could you give some impressions on it ... ??? :)

I really dont know wich one to get ... Belkin ... or Power Support ...

Pared
Jul 28, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'm leaning towards not going because it would mean a longer lunch and time is not something I necessarily have today. Just thought I'd share for those interested in checking Best Buy and such.

aduteau
Jul 28, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm leaning towards not going because it would mean a longer lunch and time is not something I necessarily have today. Just thought I'd share for those interested in checking Best Buy and such.

Its cool !
But if you ever take a trip down there ... Post some comments ;)
My Best buys is a 2hrs car drive :(

normwood
Jul 28, 2010, 11:41 AM
I'm not one to normally complain about case prices...but $44.95 for this...from the Powersupport web page....seems pretty high. They also want frickin' $24.95 for a screen protector.

I bought a Switcheasy Nude that included a screen protector...which I don't use....for $29.95 + $3 for shipping.

Probably a nice product, but WAY over priced in my opinion.

Steve

Pared
Jul 28, 2010, 12:21 PM
I ended up not going. I may look into taking a trip there soon though as I'm interested in it myself.

It certainly is over-priced, but sadly there isn't anything that is *clear* on the market. There are frosted TPU alternatives on eBay but for some reason it's difficult to find clear solutions.

aduteau
Jul 28, 2010, 01:07 PM
hummm I just read on an other thread that the Belkin one tends to turn a bit Yellow in the long run ....

Wounder if Power Support one does this too ???

Pared
Jul 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
It would depend on the material. That's why I want to go take a look at it. I believe it's similar material that will eventually suffer the same fate.

normwood
Jul 28, 2010, 02:51 PM
I ended up not going. I may look into taking a trip there soon though as I'm interested in it myself.

It certainly is over-priced, but sadly there isn't anything that is *clear* on the market. There are frosted TPU alternatives on eBay but for some reason it's difficult to find clear solutions.

I'm going to take a guess that getting something clear that is that large is going to show more imperfections and such from the mold process.

You'll have to admit that us Apple dorks tend to be a picky bunch who are reasonably hard to please. :cool:

Steve