PDA

View Full Version : good speakers

knicksfan58
Oct 16, 2004, 08:54 PM
i am looking to upgrade from the jbl creature speakers that i have hooked up to my mac. so far i like the cambridge soundworks megaworks 211 computer speaker system. does anyone have any experience with these? is there a significant difference between them and the creatures? are there any other reccomendations?

stillwater
Oct 17, 2004, 12:29 AM
i am looking to upgrade from the jbl creature speakers that i have hooked up to my mac. so far i like the cambridge soundworks megaworks 211 computer speaker system. does anyone have any experience with these? is there a significant difference between them and the creatures? are there any other reccomendations?

The megaworks system is based on the 821 subwoofer, which I wrote about in this thread.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=92146

It's a great sub for the money, but I have noticed a little boominess in the upper part of it's range, but you can use iTunes graphic EQ to smooth it out.

Also, it has really decent amplifier power to drive the satellite speakers.

russed
Oct 17, 2004, 03:45 AM
:eek: whats wrong with the creatures? :) :eek:

macaudiodj
Oct 17, 2004, 08:36 AM
tell me what you want in the system (like surround sound.....) your price limit and i will see what i can do for you.