PDA

View Full Version : iCal server pushing events on internal network

milk242
Jun 11, 2010, 06:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got SL server running and I have a question.

I would like to push iCal events that are scheduled on the server to other mac minis on the network. I want to be able to block users of the mac minis from manipulating any events that I change. Is this possible?

Reason I ask is I'm trying to setup an automated podcast scheduler. The ical events will be pushed to different mac minis and the ical event will then run an applescript to startup podcast capturing.

Thanks for any help.

myjay610
Jun 18, 2010, 07:48 AM
You would have to delegate the calendar to be read by other users, then the users on the mac minis would authenticate to the server as some other user (they could all use the same user account on the server) and be able to see the calendar under their Delegates section. I think you can set it to "read only" when you perform the delegation... you will have to enable delegation in iCal itself, not server admin.

So let's say your calendar belongs to the user "admin" you could create another account on the server called "calread" or something generic and use that account in iCal on the minis.