Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimaHotel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Hello

I have searched and not found the answer I am looking for.

What kind of fps does a MBP 13 2.4Ghz 4Gb version with the 320M produce on an external display?

Resoulutions 19" 1440x900 and 24" 1920x1080 eg.

brownpaw

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Couldn't say for sure about the larger resolutions. That MBP runs it on the internal display (1280x800) really well, even in higher quality modes. I would imagine that it would be acceptable at 1440x900, but getting choppy by 1920x1080... though with all the settings down... who knows?

In truth though, I don't really mind playing it on the internal display.

LimaHotel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Raiding would be somewhat impossible on the internal display, I am guessing. Lots of addon and so on.

Venkman90

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
Well I have done this on my MB uni with the 9400m.

On my 22" HD screen at 1920 x 1080 it ran "ok" with medium details levels and many things turned down. I had view distance at mid level and textures a little higher on characters.

It was usually about 30 fps on average BUT it really crawled when I flew on a gryphon and I never raided with that setup (used the native 13" screen).

So with the 320m it should be playable but not great, maybe lower the res a little.

CocoaTurtle

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
I used to play for a few hours a week on my White MacBook which only has the Intel GMA950 graphics chip. I had my MacBook hooked up to a 22"Samsung HDTV and noticed no difference in FPS on the HDTV compared to playing on the MacBook's screen (Which ever monitor I used the grahpics were always set to the lowest). Not sure if this will be any help but just my experience with the game and an external monitor! Have yet to test out the i5 MacBook Pro with and without an external monitor!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.