Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deboissey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Tascam and Guitar line problems - Help
I have a Tascam US 144 MkII connected to a new 13.3 macbook pro and running garageband.
If I plug my guitar into the right guitar/mic input and select guitar in garageband (to access the amp models and stomp boxes) all I can get from the speakers is a clean guitar sound, regardless of dialled effects (the guitar/mic switched to guitar on the Tascam).
If I use the left input on the Tascam - no problem. Weirdly, if I set my guitar up as a real instrument through the right Guitar/mic input I can access the less interesting effects on that option and they play fine.
I've tried fiddling with channels in Garageband and I've fiddled with the Tascam settings to no avail - please help... Is it a Garageband problem, a Tascam problem or a problem with the author? I suspect the author... I know him too well.

finmuffin

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
Same issue

Just to let you know you are not alone with this problem.

I also can't get any input to Garageband from the Guitar IN jack.
A mic connected to the Left line works well, though.

A bug in Tascam drivers? Or Garageband?

Added:
As far as I see, everything works just fine, however, there's no way to use the right line in (guitar) as an actual GB guitar input. Will try the Apple forums.

undies65

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
Just a thought. Have you switched the monitor on in the guitar track. this might be a solution. Not sure, but i have had problems with effects not coming through before, because i did not have the monitor turned to on.

finmuffin

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
solved for me

The solution was simple, yet it evaded me...

Double-clicking the amp box brings the low-level setup panel where it is possible to choose the channel and set monitoring on/off.

And yes, it seems monitoring needs to be on for things to work.

Cheers everyone :)

alvericko

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2015
Just to let you know you are not alone with this problem.

I also can't get any input to Garageband from the Guitar IN jack.
A mic connected to the Left line works well, though.

A bug in Tascam drivers? Or Garageband?

Added:
As far as I see, everything works just fine, however, there's no way to use the right line in (guitar) as an actual GB guitar input. Will try the Apple forums.
Did you ever fix that 'cause I'm having some issue here i can't get no inputs at all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.