PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland OH, (Legacy Village)

MacDaddy901
Jun 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
Anyone else going to be there launch day?

warwithwords
Jun 16, 2010, 11:08 AM
Yes! I (think?) have a 32 GB reserved and can't wait!

pirateRACE
Jun 17, 2010, 01:10 PM
I'll be there. Anyone ever been to launch at this store? What time would be good to get there if you have a reserve?

geneticfusion
Jun 18, 2010, 06:30 PM
I'll be there. I'm planning on going at 3am. Better early than sorry...or something like that.

warwithwords
Jun 18, 2010, 08:30 PM
So I was in the store today on an unrelated (iPad) matter, and an employee told me there were ~700 iPhone reservations at Legacy Village.

He said one Chicago store had 10,000. I'm not sure if those can even be filled.

Concerning reservations, they are able to check their list in the stockroom. Fortunately, the friendly Apple employee told me, "We have your iPhone. See you Thursday!"

Also, another employee said there will be separate lines for reservations and first-come, and the reservation is indeed good all day.

Even though I suppose I could drop in whenever, I'll probably be there early early early. Just can't wait :D

BigBerk
Jun 19, 2010, 02:52 AM
Yuppp I was told the same stuff from a store worker. I've also go one peordered. I'm also going hella early simply bc I'm pumped lol. It's not a huge deal. I'll watch some ipad movies on netflix for a while and chill. Meet some other peoplez as crazy as me haha

mrcarson2
Jun 19, 2010, 08:12 AM
I'll be there with two other guys that reserved the phone. I think we are planning on getting there at 6:00AM, by that time I'm sure the line will be pretty long by then!

vizitch
Jun 19, 2010, 02:09 PM
For those arriving early, you might want to check with the Apple store the day before launch. Legacy Village security generally chases off anyone arriving before 6am. They might make an exception, but in past years they haven't been the friendliest folks on launch days. Anyway, the store should be able to give you good guidelines on when the earliest lineup time should be.

theevolved1
Jun 19, 2010, 02:43 PM
I've been there for several launches and shall be there on Thursday for my 32gb iPhone. We typically get chased away by the Legacy Village security so we checked ahead and called the store and were told that people can arrive and start lining up at 5am.

If you don't have yours reserved I would recommend getting there as early as possible to be towards the front of the line. For the iPad launch they let the people who reserved in first and only let 1 non reserved person in for every 20-30 reserved people. My friend was the first in the reserved line and my other friend and I were 3rd and 4th in the non-reserved line. Our friend who got the first iPad had to wait quite awhile for us. However, last year for the 3gs they let about 10 from each line in. I would guess with the presells selling out that fast they will probably go the route they did with the iPad.

cgentry
Jun 21, 2010, 06:47 AM
So I haven't reserved. Should I show up right at 5 or earlier? As of now, I'm contemplating whether to make the 45 minute drive to LV or try my luck at the local AT&T (I'm in Kent). I'd hate to get there at 3 just to be chased off by security, but I want to get there in time to be towards the front of the walk in line.

pirateRACE
Jun 21, 2010, 07:29 AM
I've been told a 5am lineup. So I guess that means a bunch of people in their cars until 5am and a mad rush to the front of the store... I'll wait till 5:15am :D

vizitch
Jun 21, 2010, 09:53 AM
Security has also been known to chase off people waiting in their cars. The Apple employees seem to think 5am might be the earliest you'll be able to park or lineup. We'll see if that holds. If so, it could be a fun, frantic time.

geneticfusion
Jun 22, 2010, 09:24 AM
I live in Warren, and after reading this, it looks like my 3am line-up plans are gone. =( Guess I'll have to go at 5am. Oh well.

cgentry
Jun 22, 2010, 05:09 PM
So what time is everyone getting there? Security won't let us line up until 5, so be it... We can aimlessly drive around? I'm look at arriving at 4. I'm worried, however, that maybe security will be a little more lax and I'll show up to a huge mass of people... Anyone spoken with the Apple store lately?

pirateRACE
Jun 23, 2010, 07:58 AM
From what I'm told, Legacy Village Security will shoo people away who arrive before 5am. But I do wonder if 30-40 cars pull in around 4am, what are they gonna do!

geneticfusion
Jun 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
I'll go at 4, like a Ninja. All stealth like.

Or we all go in at once like ZOMG WE TAKING 0V3R UR STOREZ!

=/

blkguyblkgt
Jun 23, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm Driving Up From Akron To Legacy Village. I Have To Be At Work At 9am But Will Probably Stand Until 10am If I Have To. I Dont Have A Reserve So I'm Gonna Get There As Early As I Can, Probably Around 4am And Do What Needs To Be Done To Be One Of The First 3in The Non Reserve Line. If Its A No Go Then I'll Just Cop From At&t On The 29th.