PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Parade photos

leekohler
Jun 11, 2010, 03:27 PM
Outside my office was absolute chaos today. I thought some of you would like to see some photos from the parade.

leekohler
Jun 11, 2010, 03:29 PM
More...

God, I love this town.

creator2456
Jun 11, 2010, 03:36 PM
RedEye has posted a gallery of photos (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/redeye/2010/06/blackhawks-parade-photos.html).

Here's one of them.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/redeye/assets_c/2010/06/hawksvertical-thumb-autox379-161453.jpg

I was planning to get downtown, but had to double at work last night/this morning and missed it. :(

Hearing early est. is 2 million people were along the parade route.

mkrishnan
Jun 11, 2010, 03:37 PM
Congratulations, Chicago. Well played! :)

rhett7660
Jun 11, 2010, 03:45 PM
That is killer that some many people showed up for a sport that is usually on the back burners in America! Congrats again to Chicago and the Blackhawks!

Mexbearpig
Jun 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
Damn. I was in chicago the night they won but left the next morning. It would be awesome to see that! But oh well, at least I got a shirt!

leekohler
Jun 11, 2010, 05:00 PM
That is killer that some many people showed up for a sport that is usually on the back burners in America! Congrats again to Chicago and the Blackhawks!

Damn. I was in chicago the night they won but left the next morning. It would be awesome to see that! But oh well, at least I got a shirt!

It was crazy! People started coming into downtown at rush hour, which made me late for a morning meeting. But everyone else was late too.

rdowns
Jun 11, 2010, 05:02 PM
It's nice to see Chicago win. It will help the city move on from Da Bears and Michael Jordan. :D :D

leekohler
Jun 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
It's nice to see Chicago win. It will help the city move on from Da Bears and Michael Jordan. :D :D

Umm...did you forget the White Sox? One Stanley Cup and one World Series is not going to wipe out Jordan. ;)

bthockey
Jun 13, 2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah I'm personally a Penguins fan. I think we blew it against the Habs but what are you going to do. I am happy for Towes and Kane though, I hope they enjoy it. Well played Chicago!

callmemike20
Jun 13, 2010, 10:41 PM
Umm...did you forget the White Sox? One Stanley Cup and one World Series is not going to wipe out Jordan. ;)

The White Sox World Series win didn't even wipe out the kid who learned to use the toilet for the first time.

EDIT: Lee, I used to walk by your building all the time. Good thing our paths never crossed.