PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma city, Oklahoma

suikoden352
Jun 12, 2010, 01:12 AM
going to the apple store in penn square mall. i'll be coming from shawnee, oklahoma. any ideas on when i should head out for the pre-order and for the 24th? anyone else headed there as well?

ZGXtreme
Jun 12, 2010, 02:14 AM
In Edmond and took the day off for this in the event i decided to head to the store. Am leaning toward preordering on the net through Apple and having it delivered. Have not gone through a launch though, would be interesting if we can get some OKC info prior to Tuesday to sway me towards store pickup.

suikoden352
Jun 12, 2010, 03:18 PM
i would like some info too. i thought about preordering online as well but i don't mind goin and waiting in line as well. lol if you get any info then let me know. hopefully someone else comes in and lays down some info too.

CTurner16
Jun 13, 2010, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure if you guys have the details on this or not, but the new iphone has a different type of sim card than the one used in previous models. It is a micro sim card so you can't use your current one. I suggest going to an AT&T store to get your phone because they will have to activate and change your number over. You could go to apple, but they would still have to call att to do it there and online you still have to go to an att store. So quickest way to get and USE your iphone 4 on the 24th is to get to an att store at 7 am. At least thats what time the one i'm going to on the 24th opens

suikoden352
Jun 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
that info has been known for a long while. plus if i get it from the apple store then i can have them activate it and then if i have to then i'll either call at&t or go to the nearest at&t corporate store and have them finish the job. plus my mom works for at&t anyways so if i need to do any back work to get my phone working then i have easy access though that's just me. lol

badams
Jun 14, 2010, 09:09 PM
I'm planning on pre-ordering online for store pickup. So I'll be getting to Penn Square either late the 23rd or early 24th. Took the morning off of the 24th.

suikoden352
Jun 14, 2010, 10:20 PM
that's what i'm doin as well. just gonna pre-order online for in store pickup and then try to get there early. what time is everyone else thinkin of gettin there?

badams
Jun 14, 2010, 10:41 PM
Is Penn Square going to allow us to camp out in the building? If so, I might get there around 11pm or 12am. But if not, then I'll be planning on being there around 5am.

suikoden352
Jun 14, 2010, 11:35 PM
i'm not sure. like i said, i live all the way in shawnee. lol i'd like to know that too. i'd definitely try to meet ya up there though whenever you do go. would be nice to have someone to chat with while waitin. lol

badams
Jun 15, 2010, 09:51 PM
I ended up getting a reservation through the iPhone app about midday today. Right now I'm planning on being at the mall at around 4-5am. Although, I'm going to call the Apple Store sometime this week (once it all quiets down) to ask about how the Penn Square folk are going to treat the folks lining up early (outside or inside, what times, etc.) I'll post more here when I find out.

roshambeau
Jun 18, 2010, 06:50 AM
I was told by and Apple store employee this week, and confirmed by Penn Square security that they will keep people from lining up and entering the building before 5am. So if you're planning on getting there before hand, you may just get hassled by rent-a-cops.

-As good ole Gary England would say, "Stay with News9, we'll keep you advised".

Neil1138
Jun 18, 2010, 10:03 PM
I'll be there, planning on showing up around 4am or so. I have it reserved so I'm not worried but a friend is showing up w/ the hopes of nabbing one w/o a reservation.

carlitol
Jun 18, 2010, 10:40 PM
If you have your phone reserved it doesn't make sense to get there that early. They open at 7 and I as I remember from the 3g launch it only took 10 to 15 min to get my phone set up and out the door that morning. If you get there by 9 most of the people in line should be in and out and you should be able to get in. I went in and spoke with the store manager because my reservation did not show when I called apple and he said that I would have all day and my phone would remain reserved. I don't feel like risking going in later but I thought like 9:30 or 10 would be a safe time.

roshambeau
Jun 19, 2010, 07:21 AM
Yes, I do believe that there will be quite a line. If you're like me and are planning on waiting because I was too put out with waiting for AT&T's "network" and servers that kept crashing to reserve my iPhone 4. So I'm thinking I'll just get there at 5am and wait in line. No big deal. See you guys there!

zachg
Jun 19, 2010, 03:21 PM
I just spoke with Penn Square security and they told me that they haven't had a lot of calls(I figured they would). They told me that the doors will open at 5am, so I will probaly get there around 4:30am. I know I reserved two but only getting one. I wonder if I could give my reservation to someone waiting in line that didn't get a reservation? Any thoughts?
PS I only did that because my apple id I used the first time wasnt tied to my current email address, so I didnt get a confirmation but Apple said they have my reservation.

awuestenfeld
Jun 19, 2010, 03:27 PM
I'll be there! I reserved mine, but I'm hoping to be able to get a 2nd for the wife... we'll see.

ZGXtreme
Jun 20, 2010, 05:16 PM
Well I had initially avoided the chance of hitting the store with getting a pre-order through Apple's site on the 15th, only to see it cancelled yesterday. During that time I did make a Reservation but it too didn't go through. So I am debating hitting the Apple Store and rolling the dice for a 32GB or staying in Edmond and going to the AT&T Store. Still haven't come to a conclusion.

suikoden352
Jun 20, 2010, 07:17 PM
i will be there prolly round 4:30-5 am as well like some of y'all have said. feel free to add me on twitter, http://twitter.com/James_A_Miles , and i'll post on there when i'm leaving and when i get there as well. i'll prolly get a new ds game or 2 and bring my ds with me as well or just stop by the book store and grab some more of the scott pilgrim series. i'll figure somethin cuz i'm gonna need somethin to do besides mess with my old 3g phone for the last time while i wait patiently in line. lol ^_^ sorry. i tend to write alot

Westbury
Jun 20, 2010, 08:20 PM
You guys really think you'll need to get there that early. I missed out on the pre order but I'm planning on getting there a little after 6. I'm hoping they've got a good stock for those of us not lucky enough to have it pre ordered. Maybe they'll be a shorter line for those of us who didn't pre order than for the Oklahomans who are part of the 600,000...

badams
Jun 20, 2010, 08:26 PM
I think at this point, I'm thinking about getting there at about 4:45 or right before 5am. I've only got the morning off, so I wanted to get it as early as possible and get home to get it fully running. Although I'm looking forward to getting my folders set up tomorrow afternoon/evening.

About the separate lines, it seems as though since they are "reserved", they might only have one line for both.

suikoden352
Jun 20, 2010, 08:38 PM
if the lines are anything like last year then they will be long but not super long though. like badams said, i just wanna get mine that morning so i can get to the at&t store and get whatever i need worked out with it and then get home and get my music and apps on it and have the rest fo the day to just fiddle around and play with it. lol

Westbury
Jun 20, 2010, 11:09 PM
badams, are you THE BA? If you are the BA I know, that's pretty awesome! You guys are dedicated. I want the new iPhone 4 as much as anybody, but 4 in the morning... That's stinkin early. I'm coming from Norman and I'll have to be in North OKC by 8:30, so I'm thinking if I get there about 6, as long as there's still stock, I should be out of there in time. I've never been to the opening show though. Think that'll be enough time? Who's bringing the coffee?

suikoden352
Jun 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
you should be fine around then since the store won't open till 7 anyways so you should be good to go. idk who will be bringing coffee if anyone will be. i don't drink coffee anyways so yea. lol prolly just stop at the nearby gas station and grab me an energy drink or somethin before i leave to head up there.

badams
Jun 20, 2010, 11:36 PM
badams, are you THE BA? If you are the BA I know, that's pretty awesome! You guys are dedicated. I want the new iPhone 4 as much as anybody, but 4 in the morning... That's stinkin early. I'm coming from Norman and I'll have to be in North OKC by 8:30, so I'm thinking if I get there about 6, as long as there's still stock, I should be out of there in time. I've never been to the opening show though. Think that'll be enough time? Who's bringing the coffee?

It is the one and the same. I'll be seeing you then Thurs morning. I'll be stopping at the good old 7-11 for some tasty cappuccino, the big 20ozer. See you all there.

@billyadams on twitter

suikoden352
Jun 20, 2010, 11:42 PM
i'll send ya a tweet when i get there, badams. see y'all there. ^_^

carlitol
Jun 21, 2010, 01:24 AM
OK. So I'm getting hyped up now and think I will be there at 5...even with a reservation. Does anyone know if the mall will allow us to bring an ice chest or a fold out chair? I might grab a case of frappuccinos and sell them for a couple of bucks each. Why would you need to go to the AT&T store? Does :apple: not have the ability to set up our phones?

carlitol
Jun 21, 2010, 01:34 AM
You guys really think you'll need to get there that early. I missed out on the pre order but I'm planning on getting there a little after 6. I'm hoping they've got a good stock for those of us not lucky enough to have it pre ordered. Maybe they'll be a shorter line for those of us who didn't pre order than for the Oklahomans who are part of the 600,000...

If you don't have a reservation I would defiantly get there by 5. No telling how many extra they have and how many people will show up. Some of the people with reservations might even try to get two. From what I recall from the 3g launch you can only get one per person though. If you can get up I wouldn't risk it.

carlitol
Jun 21, 2010, 01:41 AM
Well I had initially avoided the chance of hitting the store with getting a pre-order through Apple's site on the 15th, only to see it cancelled yesterday. During that time I did make a Reservation but it too didn't go through. So I am debating hitting the Apple Store and rolling the dice for a 32GB or staying in Edmond and going to the AT&T Store. Still haven't come to a conclusion.

If you have your confirmation email just take it down to the store and ask to speak to a manager. I reserved one and didn't get an email. I called :apple: and they had no record of it. I took a print off of the web-page confirmation down there and after looking in the computer the manager confirmed that I was good to go. It's worth a a shot I guess. From what I understand each :apple: store has a specific list of who reserved at that site and it doesn't always match the list that the mane :apple: number.

suikoden352
Jun 21, 2010, 03:44 AM
OK. So I'm getting hyped up now and think I will be there at 5...even with a reservation. Does anyone know if the mall will allow us to bring an ice chest or a fold out chair? I might grab a case of frappuccinos and sell them for a couple of bucks each. Why would you need to go to the AT&T store? Does :apple: not have the ability to set up our phones?

they(apple) do but i'm stoppin over at an at&t corporate store anyways after i get my new iphone from the apple store to check out some headsets and cases and stuff and also cuz the at&t corporate store i usually go to in the city is nearby a bunch of stores that i like to go look around in and shop in from time to time. lol plus it never hurts to go by and check to see if any minor or even major details need to be finished up or worked out with the phone since i'm goin from a 16 gb iphone 3g to the 32 gb iphone 4

badams
Jun 21, 2010, 12:09 PM
I just received a notification email from Apple reminding me to pick up my reserved iPhone on Thursday. It said that I would be directed to a line just for those with reserved phones when I get there. And that the store will definitely open at 7am.

Update: Just got off the phone with the folks at the Penn Square store and they said that the mall security folks have never allowed people to line up outside the mall doors before and the mall will let people in at 5am. He said it's your prerogative if we want to sit in our cars until just before 5.

suikoden352
Jun 21, 2010, 12:12 PM
i got that email as well. says they know that the prices are incorrect as well and gives a link to confirm pricing online but it's being very frustrating though because it says none of my info i'm giving it is correct even though i know it is =/ ugh...

ZGXtreme
Jun 21, 2010, 12:23 PM
Just received the reminder e-mail as well which for me is a saving grace. I had deleted (lost) the confirmation for my reservation when I was able to get my preorder to go through Apple's site. Although I don't show up in the system, I'm going to call the store and see if I can bring a print out of the e-mail to gain access to the reservation line. After all the drama over the past week... maybe things are starting to look up.

zachg
Jun 21, 2010, 12:24 PM
What entrance is everyone meeting at?

suikoden352
Jun 21, 2010, 12:25 PM
idk really =/ would be nice to know. once i get there though, i'll drive around and look to see where everyone is at and then i'll prolly tweet where the line is at or just do a twitpic.

badams
Jun 21, 2010, 02:02 PM
idk really =/ would be nice to know. once i get there though, i'll drive around and look to see where everyone is at and then i'll prolly tweet where the line is at or just do a twitpic.

Let's just plan on everyone meeting at the entrance by Mr. Ooley's. The Apple Store is just right around that corner. I think that's the closest entrance. I believe it's on the south side of the mall.

suikoden352
Jun 21, 2010, 02:13 PM
sounds good to me. i'll see ya there, badams ^_^

carlitol
Jun 21, 2010, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know know if we can bring in chairs?

awuestenfeld
Jun 21, 2010, 09:53 PM
It is the one and the same. I'll be seeing you then Thurs morning. I'll be stopping at the good old 7-11 for some tasty cappuccino, the big 20ozer. See you all there.

@billyadams on twitter

Is this the Billy Adams? The same one from Journey in Norman? Man it's a small world!

suikoden352
Jun 22, 2010, 04:05 AM
i don't think we can bring in chairs since last year they had the lines roped off so that the line wouldn't get in the way of anyone else in the mall.

badams
Jun 22, 2010, 11:04 AM
Is this the Billy Adams? The same one from Journey in Norman? Man it's a small world!

Wow, so I know several more people that I realized that are MacRumors readers. Awesome! Can't wait to see you all and meet everyone else!

Although, I must admit, I kinda wish I had been able to pre-order for delivery considering that there a lot of folk getting emails from Apple saying they'll get their phones tomorrow.

suikoden352
Jun 22, 2010, 12:03 PM
i don't blame ya, badams. sorta really wishin i had done it too.

WhiteAsEnglish
Jun 22, 2010, 04:01 PM
Dang you guys I feel like a loser I ordered mine to ship to my house.. now I'm missing the party

suikoden352
Jun 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
lol you can still come out. more macrumor friends, the merrier. lol

zachg
Jun 22, 2010, 05:33 PM
I just ran to Wal Mart on my lunch break. It is the one on Penn and Memorial. I went into the phone sales dept. and asked if they would have the iPhone 4 on June 24th and the man at the desk said they would start selling them at 12:00am on June 24th. I might swing by there just to see if there is a crowd.

zachg
Jun 22, 2010, 06:01 PM
I have never been to a launch before. I was wondering if we form a line outside the mall and go by how we lined up outside the mall or when the doors open its everyone for themselves? Anyone know from past experiences

suikoden352
Jun 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
well they won't let anyone line up outside the mall until 5 am and the store will open at 7 so i think once they open the doors then they will show us where to line up and split the line into reserves and no reserves. i'm not totally sure but that's what i'm hearing.

awuestenfeld
Jun 22, 2010, 09:25 PM
I just ran to Wal Mart on my lunch break. It is the one on Penn and Memorial. I went into the phone sales dept. and asked if they would have the iPhone 4 on June 24th and the man at the desk said they would start selling them at 12:00am on June 24th. I might swing by there just to see if there is a crowd.

I need to call the ones here in Norman... wonder if all Wal Marts are getting some stock of them?

badams
Jun 22, 2010, 10:26 PM
well they won't let anyone line up outside the mall until 5 am and the store will open at 7 so i think once they open the doors then they will show us where to line up and split the line into reserves and no reserves. i'm not totally sure but that's what i'm hearing.

They're definitely going to split the lines into reserves and day of purchasers, but who knows how they'll do it. I'm assuming the first doors they'll open will be the ones we're meeting at (South entrance by Mr. Ooley's). And the mall will open doors at 5am and we'll line up outside the store.

carlitol
Jun 22, 2010, 11:07 PM
Has anyone been at Penn for an Iphone release? Is there a mad dash once the doors open?:eek: Any more details would be great. Does everyone just sit around on the ground in line?

suikoden352
Jun 23, 2010, 12:35 AM
i was walkin thru the mall with my mom last year when the 3gs came out and the line was crazy. lol so long and so many ppl and they didn't even separate the line. i think badams is right. just have to wait and see. it is only a day away till then.

ouharleyman
Jun 23, 2010, 09:37 AM
Sooo, I'm I understanding that we can only pick up one? I've emailed the biz team there at Penn, hoping to get clarification. I was planning on bringing her's and mine to upgrade.

Also, I checked with Walmart at Penn & Memorial yesterday and they said they didn't see even coming into their location, so that midnight thing might be a gamble unless we can get confirmation.

@ouharleyman

ouharleyman
Jun 23, 2010, 10:44 AM
Not about walmart but did talk to penn biz guy and they said 2 per person. Anyone know how to check eligibility via iPhone? I was told *#639# but that doesn't work.

badams
Jun 23, 2010, 11:24 AM
Not about walmart but did talk to penn biz guy and they said 2 per person. Anyone know how to check eligibility via iPhone? I was told *#639# but that doesn't work.

text *NEW# or *639# to check your availablity.

suikoden352
Jun 23, 2010, 11:30 AM
text *NEW# or *639# to check your availablity.

don't text cuz that won't do anything. you call *639# and a text will be sent your way sayin whether you are eligible or not. lol i did that same thing and got confused about that too until i just figured i'd call it and that's how you find out.

awuestenfeld
Jun 23, 2010, 11:34 AM
With all of the low inventory, I'm sure the lines will be SUPER CRAZY this year... I need to find an RV and just camp in the parking lot... too much?

:)

suikoden352
Jun 23, 2010, 11:50 AM
about as smart of an idea as anyone's come up with, dude. lol

ouharleyman
Jun 23, 2010, 11:53 AM
"We're sorry. Requested information is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

That's crappy. AT&T? Wonder if it's because we have a biz account. You'd think they'd have a response for that if so. AT&TTTT!! (Like Khannnnnn!!!)

carlitol
Jun 23, 2010, 01:58 PM
Sweet! Just got my ZAGG invisible shield in the mail...right on time.:)

Anyone know if Starbucks will be open?

carlitol
Jun 23, 2010, 02:09 PM
Sooo, I'm I understanding that we can only pick up one? I've emailed the biz team there at Penn, hoping to get clarification. I was planning on bringing her's and mine to upgrade.

Also, I checked with Walmart at Penn & Memorial yesterday and they said they didn't see even coming into their location, so that midnight thing might be a gamble unless we can get confirmation.

@ouharleyman

When the 3G came out you had to have one person per phone. I brought my daughter with me so I could get two...
She will be with me this time but just because she had fun last time. Only getting one though. I'm sure she would take a small fee to help you get two...jk! :cool:

ouharleyman
Jun 23, 2010, 04:18 PM
Like I said above, you can get two per person. Now I'm wondering if we even need to bring our old phones since the sims won't be moved.

hardjb
Jun 23, 2010, 06:25 PM
okc penn square will have only 50 phones for walk up customers, hope u have a reservation:eek:

douglaswilliams
Jun 23, 2010, 06:47 PM
okc penn square will have only 50 phones for walk up customers, hope u have a reservation:eek:

So, where did you get your information?

You say they will have 50 for walk up customers, then you say "hope u have a reservation" as if only the people with a reservation will get one of the 50. Can we get some clarification and a source please? If not, your post means nothing.

jboren15
Jun 23, 2010, 07:36 PM
I think they mean that there will be 50 extra phones for people that did not make a reservation or that is how I understand the statement.

hardjb
Jun 23, 2010, 08:43 PM
yes 50 for people with no reservation. news channel 5 contacted the store today.

badams
Jun 23, 2010, 10:12 PM
Sweet! Just got my ZAGG invisible shield in the mail...right on time.:)

Anyone know if Starbucks will be open?

Starbucks' usually open at 5am. I'm getting ready to spend $300 on a phone, so I'm going to 7-11 for 99cent cappuccino!!

carlitol
Jun 23, 2010, 10:23 PM
Starbucks' usually open at 5am. I'm getting ready to spend $300 on a phone, so I'm going to 7-11 for 99cent cappuccino!!
Ha! That's funny! No kidding man.

Westbury
Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
I just looked on all the local news sites and found nothing at all about the supply being only 50. I hope that's wrong. Anyone been by the mall tonight? Is there anyone lined up yet?

zachg
Jun 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
If there is only 50 extra Im sure that number will go up with missed reservations and people that reserved more than they wanted just to make sure they got one. I know in my case I reserved 2 with different Apple ID's. The reason is the first ID I used was not tied to my current email so I had to make a new ID and reserve again and both are good reservations. I found out you could call Apple and they can tell you. So Im sure there will be more than 50.

suikoden352
Jun 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
someone earlier in the thread said they called and the security there won't allow ppl to line up on mall property until 5 am

zachg
Jun 23, 2010, 10:55 PM
I think I will get there right before 5am. Do you think there will be more than 20 people there?

By the way Suikoden352 I am glad you started this thread because I have never been to a launch and it is good to know what to expect.

carlitol
Jun 23, 2010, 11:27 PM
I just looked on all the local news sites and found nothing at all about the supply being only 50. I hope that's wrong. Anyone been by the mall tonight? Is there anyone lined up yet?

Just watched the 10pm news on channel 5 and they did say that the apple store had about 50 phones for walk-ins. They also said that wal-mart and the apple store would be the only places to get phones without a reservation. Of course as someone just posted there will be people that don't get there reserved phone but those phones will be held until Friday according to the the email regarding the reservation I got.

zachg
Jun 23, 2010, 11:36 PM
Ya I talked to a Walmart employee the other day and they said they were going to release the phone at midnight tonight. It might be cool to go see if there is a big line.....Its the Walmart on Penn and Memorial..

davidmiller2526
Jun 23, 2010, 11:40 PM
I recently called the Walmart in Norman by I-35 and they said they only have 4 phones, with 3 people already in line. The lady also said they start selling them at 8 a.m.

For people with reservations at Penn Square - what time do you plan on getting to the mall? This is my first launch and I have no idea what to expect from the OKC area.

zachg
Jun 23, 2010, 11:49 PM
I will be there right before 5am...What about you?

FastangV6
Jun 23, 2010, 11:50 PM
For people with reservations at Penn Square - what time do you plan on getting to the mall? This is my first launch and I have no idea what to expect from the OKC area.

I am in the same situation and wondered the same thing...???

I was thinking about showing up around lunchtime to avoid the crowd at 7am. Surely the 50 "no reservation" phones will be gone by then and only us "reserved" guys will be there.

Neil1138
Jun 23, 2010, 11:53 PM
Friend and I are going to show around 4am. I have mine reserved but he's hoping to get one via walk in. We'll see how well that goes

suikoden352
Jun 24, 2010, 12:18 AM
I think I will get there right before 5am. Do you think there will be more than 20 people there?

By the way Suikoden352 I am glad you started this thread because I have never been to a launch and it is good to know what to expect.

it's kewl. i was curious so figured i'd ask and see if anyone would respond. lol didn't think this many ppl would come by to be honest. idk when i'll be there though because i have happened to lose my debit card pin number and the last place i knew it was written down at was on my iphone and it got messed up on monday as well as all the backups so yea =/ got the phone working again but i had to start fresh again on it even though it's only gettin used today and then prolly either being given to one of my friends or just turned into a glorified ipod touch. mom has to go with me anyways since she's the primary person on the phone account and i'm not an authorized user.

i'll be there today to get my phone. just dunno when today. could be this morning and then again could be round noon time. just depends on a few things here and there. good luck to everyone today though. hope everyone is successful in getting their phone whether it be pre-ordered or not. been a long wait but i'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. ^_^

carlitol
Jun 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
Crazy long lines at Penn! The 50 extra phones are gone...

suikoden352
Jun 24, 2010, 06:58 AM
I'm standin in line right now. Non reserve lines are flowin deep like to the foodcourt from the back where dullards and victoria's secret is. Just met badams not too long ago. Lines are super crazy. Lol gonna be worth it though when I have my new phone in my hands ^_^

flat4
Jun 24, 2010, 07:37 AM
Someone should post pictures.

I got mine yesterday.

ZGXtreme
Jun 24, 2010, 09:55 AM
I just got home about an hour ago. Being my first launch experience, it was a good time. Of course, don't think I will do it again either. The management of the Apple Store seemed to have planned this pretty well as I found it to run much more smoothly than I expected it to. I will say that being in the Reserved line, it did run a little (just a tad) slower than I thought it would, but I am sure that is attributed to the amount of walk-ins they were allowing per group. Nontheless, it went well. I took some pics and I will see if I can go about posting them here later.

carlitol
Jun 24, 2010, 09:56 AM
Almost to the end of the line!!!

suikoden352
Jun 24, 2010, 10:43 AM
i just got home with mine and almost had a big scare as my phone wouldn't receive calls and when i called ppl they wouldn't receive my calls. one of the apple store employees got into mine and my mom's face and started getting hostile with me and my mom and so i reported him to the manager and she did take care of it promptly. the phone works now and i do have a few pics from the line and i'll post some when i get the chance.

Neil1138
Jun 24, 2010, 11:16 AM
It was fun meeting some of you guys, enjoy your phones! The mall was definitely insane, I wasn't expecting that kind of turnout

flat4
Jun 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
i just got home with mine and almost had a big scare as my phone wouldn't receive calls and when i called ppl they wouldn't receive my calls. one of the apple store employees got into mine and my mom's face and started getting hostile with me and my mom and so i reported him to the manager and she did take care of it promptly. the phone works now and i do have a few pics from the line and i'll post some when i get the chance.

Why did the apple guy get in your face?

flat4
Jun 24, 2010, 11:21 AM
It was fun meeting some of you guys, enjoy your phones! The mall was definitely insane, I wasn't expecting that kind of turnout

No one took pictures?

ouharleyman
Jun 24, 2010, 11:39 AM
Can't upgrade to iPhone 4 @ Apple store. Another #ATTFAIL. Email sent to the AT&T reps I know posted below:

"I just spent 6 hours at the Apple store to find out that we now can't upgrade our phones there. I spoke with Candice yesterday and all four of our phones are eligible for upgrades. We are getting a bill that says JAM Web Designs, Inc. on it, but we are under a family plan on our account. Last time, when we upgraded from iPhone Edge to iPhone 3G we did it in the Apple store with no issues (except for the activation process of course - that was a nice 2 hours issue due to AT&T).

Can you tell me how we are supposed to get these phones now? Are we expected to wait until the end of July?

Thank you for your time and a precise explanation."

carlitol
Jun 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
They had way more then 50 phones for walk-INS. Prob a couple hundred.

flat4
Jun 24, 2010, 11:46 AM
Can't upgrade to iPhone 4 @ Apple store. Another #ATTFAIL. Email sent to the AT&T reps I know posted below:

"I just spent 6 hours at the Apple store to find out that we now can't upgrade our phones there. I spoke with Candice yesterday and all four of our phones are eligible for upgrades. We are getting a bill that says JAM Web Designs, Inc. on it, but we are under a family plan on our account. Last time, when we upgraded from iPhone Edge to iPhone 3G we did it in the Apple store with no issues (except for the activation process of course - that was a nice 2 hours issue due to AT&T).

Can you tell me how we are supposed to get these phones now? Are we expected to wait until the end of July?

Thank you for your time and a precise explanation."

that sucks, keep up posted

bmonster
Jun 24, 2010, 11:52 AM
Did any of you guys happen to notice if they had bumpers at Penn? I preordered mine when I did the phone, but it won't be here til Tuesday so I was thinking about going in to get one.

And what about a separate line for non-iphone buyers?

ouharleyman
Jun 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
Apple biz rep I know said they had PLENTY. And whomever it is that posted they only had 50 and Channel 5 said so has NO idea - Apple staff don't talk to media until the day of and they don't open the boxes shipped to them until the night before so they can't give out information and are not supposed to once they have it.

ZGXtreme
Jun 24, 2010, 01:52 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/zgxtreme_photos/photo3-2.jpg

flat4
Jun 24, 2010, 01:58 PM
holy moly

there's that guy in the middle

wow that's a crowd

suikoden352
Jun 24, 2010, 03:26 PM
Why did the apple guy get in your face?

i was having trouble receiving calls with my phone and others couldn't receive calls from my phone. i knew this cuz my mom told me to check it to make sure it was working right. i told an apple store employee and he lead me to another guy who he said would help me out. i let him see the phone. he was all over the place. left me and my mom standing around while he went behind the desk and then went and helped other ppl as well while walking right by me and my mom. mom went up to him and asked him what's wrong with the phone and he said he's not sure. said his phones and alot of others can't make or receive calls yet my mom could make and receive calls with her phone just fine and she uses a 3gs just like the guy had in his hands. she started getting a little flustered because he tried to dodge us again. the apple store employee started talking very fast and jittery and started back talking to me and my mother and pretty much told us to shut up and listen to him and not speak at all. we just wanted some help with the phone. the manager was outside and she asked me what was wrong. mom threw a little bit of a fit at her but it's understandable. i held mom off and told the manager nicely that i'm having problems with my new phone. she was very nice to help us and i appreciated her kindness. i told her about the spple store employee and she promptly took him out of the store and talked to him. my phone works fine now. must have just been working through the system or somethin but it works good now.

Neil1138
Jun 24, 2010, 05:56 PM
I should have brought my camera, I'm kinda sad that I didn't.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/Neil1138/80cc07aa.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/Neil1138/9f962c59.jpg

FastangV6
Jun 24, 2010, 10:31 PM
So I showed up at 8:30am and left with my new reserved iPhone at 3:20pm, long day, but worth it now!

flat4
Jun 25, 2010, 08:25 AM
So I showed up at 8:30am and left with my new reserved iPhone at 3:20pm, long day, but worth it now!

wow

flat4
Jun 25, 2010, 08:26 AM
i was having trouble receiving calls with my phone and others couldn't receive calls from my phone. i knew this cuz my mom told me to check it to make sure it was working right. i told an apple store employee and he lead me to another guy who he said would help me out. i let him see the phone. he was all over the place. left me and my mom standing around while he went behind the desk and then went and helped other ppl as well while walking right by me and my mom. mom went up to him and asked him what's wrong with the phone and he said he's not sure. said his phones and alot of others can't make or receive calls yet my mom could make and receive calls with her phone just fine and she uses a 3gs just like the guy had in his hands. she started getting a little flustered because he tried to dodge us again. the apple store employee started talking very fast and jittery and started back talking to me and my mother and pretty much told us to shut up and listen to him and not speak at all. we just wanted some help with the phone. the manager was outside and she asked me what was wrong. mom threw a little bit of a fit at her but it's understandable. i held mom off and told the manager nicely that i'm having problems with my new phone. she was very nice to help us and i appreciated her kindness. i told her about the spple store employee and she promptly took him out of the store and talked to him. my phone works fine now. must have just been working through the system or somethin but it works good now.

I have a feeling that I have dealt with him before on my macbook repair, kinda snappy and a know it all.

suikoden352
Jun 25, 2010, 01:54 PM
I have a feeling that I have dealt with him before on my macbook repair, kinda snappy and a know it all.

i would name the guy on here but i'd feel bad for outing him though. just wish there was a fix for the antenna thing coming soon though.

flat4
Jun 25, 2010, 02:20 PM
according to a poster on mac rumors, apple tech told him that some of the first batched iphone missed a protective conductive coating was missed.

This would fixed the problem and he was getting a replacement shipped to him.

I called it BS, I think the apple tech was tired of hearing it and decided to send him/her a new one so they would shut up.

suikoden352
Jun 25, 2010, 08:45 PM
you're more than likely right. i'll just wait and see what they do with the next update and then prolly eventually get a case even though i don't care much for putting my phones in cases but whatev. lol