Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
After a quick look on this website I don't think I've seen any mention of the new Apple store that will be opening in the Metro Centre in the UK. This new Apple store will be less then 3 miles away from the Newcastle Eldon Square store that opened in only February. it's also a store inside of what is still believed to be the largest shopping mall in Europe.

Anyway I just wondering if anyone on here can give me any information on when this store will open?

macminz

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
You are indeed correct, Apple is indeed set to move into the Metro Centre in Gateshead. Apple has already posted job positions up on its retail section of there site

Screenshot from the Apple Website

apple_jobs_screenshot.jpg

Also I took a trip to the Metro Centre yesterday to find a black timber hoarding around a unit next to the H&M store in the Red Mall. From what Ive noticed on the ifoapplestore.com website Apple tend to use black hoarding during there construction work. This looks hopeful to be the second tyneside apple store! not before time!

Someone also posted on a different forum that they heard early september as a opening date... wait and see!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.