PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 - Oak Brook, IL

secretanchitman
Jun 12, 2010, 12:22 PM
Definitely going to reserve it this year - a 32GB iPhone 4 in black. probably will head over there after 12pm with a bunch of my friends! :)

cberry240
Jun 18, 2010, 10:24 PM
I'd imagine that store will be crazy as it usually is at launches. I picked up from the ATT store on 22nd last year which wasn't bad because most people either were set on purchasing from Apple or just forgot about it.

callmemike20
Jun 19, 2010, 09:43 AM
I'll be there. I plan on leaving early in the morning. Anyone know what time the mall will be letting people in? I know it's outdoor, but they may have restrictions.

roshii2
Jun 19, 2010, 10:11 AM
I'll be there. I plan on leaving early in the morning. Anyone know what time the mall will be letting people in? I know it's outdoor, but they may have restrictions.

I'll be there most likely. The mall is outdoor so you can line up when ever. but i'd recommend like 4 if they open at 7. plus it wont be as hectic since most people pre-oordered online.

lord patton
Jun 22, 2010, 12:02 AM
The mall is private property. It doesn't matter if it's outdoors—they can and do close, and they have security.

Anyway, a friend called the store and found out that the mall won't allow lines to form until 5 a.m. They also told her they *would* have some stock available to those who had not pre-ordered/reserved FWIW.

mrtune
Jun 23, 2010, 08:55 AM
I was planning on camping out. I will call the Apple store today to confirm the post above me. Worst case I'll pull up earlier and check it out and wait in my car if I can't stand in line yet.

sk4shot
Jun 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
Ya ill be there later today.

wardev
Jun 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
Ya ill be there later today.
+1

mrtune
Jun 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
I called the Apple store and the Mall security office. Security will not allow the line to form or have people roaming the mall until 5am. We are allowed to sit in our cars in the parking lot though.

carlili4190
Jun 23, 2010, 09:04 PM
I called the Apple store and the Mall security office. Security will not allow the line to form or have people roaming the mall until 5am. We are allowed to sit in our cars in the parking lot though.

I am going to be there as well sitting in my car... I have to wait in the non reserved line... I think that there is going to be a mad stampede to the apple store at 5AM... :( I'm worried I wont get a phone... The best buy I ordered from only got 5 and I was #9 on the list so looks like i'll be at oak brook around 4:50AM

meagain
Jun 24, 2010, 01:11 AM
Sigh. I must say the 5am rule is handy for those who want to sleep.
I have a new puppy and not sure I want to leave her alone for hours.
It's 1am and I still don't know what to do. I might just wait till the jailbreak is ready and buy then. IDK!!! LOL

Course the yellow screen issue is sort of freeking me out.

Lildj9
Jun 24, 2010, 04:05 AM
The mall cops actually made us leave because some people, don't know how to quietly wait in their cars!!! Ridiculous!!!

carlili4190
Jun 24, 2010, 04:50 AM
I got here at 4:40 went upstairs to check how many people were just waiting around... and the line is probably around 100 or so people long now :( so much for letting people start lining up at 5... it looks as if people started to line up around 3 or something judging by how many people are here

mrtune
Jun 24, 2010, 05:07 AM
I got here at 4:40 went upstairs to check how many people were just waiting around... and the line is probably around 100 or so people long now :( so much for letting people start lining up at 5... it looks as if people started to line up around 3 or something judging by how many people are here

We got here and mall security were being asses. There was no one in line at 4am. At 4:30 we took a chance on being kicked out again and headed for the Apple store. There were at least 100 people there at that time. ****ing gay! We prolly parked in the wrong spot and were harassed by the one mall security guy on some power trip. All the while the other security guards at the other entrances probably let people hang out at the entrance and let them in early while we were being to to leave.

sk4shot
Jun 24, 2010, 07:50 AM
The security people suck. They have nothing better to do then yell at people when they are probly gonna wait in line early

meagain
Jun 24, 2010, 08:12 AM
Would love to get a status on Oak Brook. Wondering if I should even bother going there now at 8:15am :)

bhayes520
Jun 24, 2010, 10:47 AM
Would love to get a status on Oak Brook. Wondering if I should even bother going there now at 8:15am :)

Agreed. Will there be any phones left if I go at lunch? Will it take me 3 hours to get through the line?

callmemike20
Jun 24, 2010, 03:22 PM
Agreed. Will there be any phones left if I go at lunch? Will it take me 3 hours to get through the line?

I got there at 4:30am and did not leave until 12:30pm. I was about the 150th person in line. They were doing 10 pre orders for every 1 non pre order, so the line was moving SLOW. By 7am, there was over 700 people in line.

LaMerVipere
Jun 24, 2010, 03:47 PM
I don't want to call and pester the already stressed employees, but can anyone ask about stock levels? Just want to know if there's even a point to going in tomorrow and trying to nab one early when they open.