PDA

View Full Version : Adobe vs OS advice please

Starhorsepax
Jun 12, 2010, 01:07 PM
I just found out that maybe...just maybe...the job training I'm going to can help purchase the adobe suite for me.:) I have a Macbook running leopard with one gig ram ( I may get help with upgrading ram too.) However I don't have a system disc as I bought it refurbished. I've been reading rumors about adobe not playing well with mac lately and wondered if anyone could point me at the right system disc to find.
Does Snow Leopard work with Adobe? If so I may as well just go for an upgrade.
If not, I'll have to hunt down the older system disc. Right now I have NO system backup-I can't afford another external hard drive, or reformat what I have for time machine, since it's half full of stuff off the old imac (and old imac is still using it too). I wouldn't even know where to start trying to move all that stuff. Anyway the system disc would let me set up a firmware password and make life difficult for thieves.

So-what do I need to look out for if I go for this?

UTclassof89
Jun 12, 2010, 01:27 PM
Adobe software works fine on all versions of Mac OS.

Some people on this forum have their panties in a bunch over Steve Jobs' (unfair) hatchet job on Adobe Flash.

You should have more than 1 gb of RAM to use most Adobe products though (I think Photoshop requires at least 2gb, and if you use several programs together, you'll want as much as you can afford).