Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tara.jensen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Why is it that when i plug my guitar in i only get audio out of the left headphone... Im sure its something stupidly simple but if somebody could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it. :confused:

MowingDevil

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2008
Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
Sorry for the obvious question but do you have the headphones plugged into the headphones jack or the output on the breakout cable?

Also, do your headphones have an adapter on it? Mine does to go from 1/8" to 1/4". The plug should have 2 rings on it to indicate stereo; if it only has one its mono and that could be it.

Did you troubleshoot your headphones on another system to make sure both sides work?

Thats all I can think of.

tara.jensen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
They're plugged into the headphone jack for sure hehe. Yah they have an adapter i believe... Its a pair of sennheiser HD280's if you're familiar with them. (I get audio out of both sides if i say listen to an MP3 or watch a youtube video or something) Maybe im missing something in maestro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.