PDA

View Full Version : Freehold, NJ

aido2002
Jun 13, 2010, 02:07 AM
The Apple Store at the Freehold Raceway Mall. Any takers?

CaCohen0509
Jun 13, 2010, 08:14 AM
right here. im going. although i don't know which phone size and color to get :confused:

Vinnie Madrox
Jun 13, 2010, 09:29 PM
If i can talk my fiance into returning her 3gs i just bought her at walmart a few weeks ago (2 days after they went on sale for $97), i'll be at the walmart in howell :-D

aido2002
Jun 13, 2010, 10:22 PM
right here. im going. although i don't know which phone size and color to get :confused:

Personally, I don't think the white one is all that pretty. You're on your own for the size, though.

auero
Jun 14, 2010, 07:31 PM
Debating on it. Its probably just easier to have it delivered though.

auero
Jun 15, 2010, 10:41 PM
Have no choice but to be there.

icyfire
Jun 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
will be there, but probably later in the day.

forty2j
Jun 18, 2010, 06:40 PM
Yep.

No reservation, need 2 phones (me + wife), we're trying to get to Freehold around 6am.

aido2002
Jun 18, 2010, 08:49 PM
Just FYI -- I reserved mine, and the email told me that the store opens at 7. (Plus, the mall usually doesn't open until 10, I believe)

Cobra2001
Jun 18, 2010, 10:47 PM
Anyone ever hit the Freehold Apple store in the past on an iPhone launch day? I'm just wondering what to expect since I haven't been there since the iPhone 3G came out. I didn't go there on launch day but even 6 weeks after the phone came out, it still took me two tries, first thing in the morning, to get my iPhone there.

Also I don't have a pre order or reservation and I need a Phone for myself and my wife. I'm guessing it doesn't look too good so I might wait a week or two. I remember when the 3G came out you used to be able to check the store's website to see if they were going to have the phone in stock the next day so you could plan ahead of time if you wanted to go early the next morning or not. I wonder if they will try that again?

uPhone
Jun 19, 2010, 12:04 PM
i'll be there at earlier than 7am

reserved 2 32GB blacks.

also got two and radio shack.. hoping i can buy them for $700 ea =P

peetrav
Jun 19, 2010, 01:34 PM
i reserved a 32g. does anyone know if they will keep it there for me all day or is it possible that they will run out? and do they open the mall doors so you can lineup at apple in the morning?

uPhone
Jun 19, 2010, 01:39 PM
i reserved a 32g. does anyone know if they will keep it there for me all day or is it possible that they will run out? and do they open the mall doors so you can lineup at apple in the morning?

"Pickup Date and Time
June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m.
Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24."

That's what it said in my email.. I also called them the day I reserved that and that's what they said.

forty2j
Jun 19, 2010, 04:53 PM
So I'm going to go stand in line anyway, but does anyone know if they'll actually have units for those without a reservation?

siava1018
Jun 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
what time is everyone going?

CaCohen0509
Jun 20, 2010, 10:08 AM
Anyone ever hit the Freehold Apple store in the past on an iPhone launch day? I'm just wondering what to expect since I haven't been there since the iPhone 3G came out. I didn't go there on launch day but even 6 weeks after the phone came out, it still took me two tries, first thing in the morning, to get my iPhone there.

Also I don't have a pre order or reservation and I need a Phone for myself and my wife. I'm guessing it doesn't look too good so I might wait a week or two. I remember when the 3G came out you used to be able to check the store's website to see if they were going to have the phone in stock the next day so you could plan ahead of time if you wanted to go early the next morning or not. I wonder if they will try that again?

i was there when the original iphone launched and the line was from the apple store way down passed Starbucks. i plan on going early because i have no reservation... lucky me

James1292
Jun 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
anyone else think they should put a store in princeton? being here you are pretty far from bridgewater, menlo park and freehold.

anyways, i have had every iphone the day they came out but this year i forgot to preorder!!! well i havnt been following it as much this year but can i still reserve it? if not what time do you recommend i get to the store to purchase it?

Cobra2001
Jun 22, 2010, 08:12 AM
anyone else think they should put a store in princeton? being here you are pretty far from bridgewater, menlo park and freehold.

anyways, i have had every iphone the day they came out but this year i forgot to preorder!!! well i havnt been following it as much this year but can i still reserve it? if not what time do you recommend i get to the store to purchase it?

There's also the Sagemore store in Marlton, NJ

http://www.apple.com/retail/sagemore/

I don't have a reservation either, so I think I'm going to wait a week before I make an attempt at just showing up early for a iPhone 4.

k24eg22
Jun 22, 2010, 08:13 AM
Yep.

No reservation, need 2 phones (me + wife), we're trying to get to Freehold around 6am.

I WOULD GET THERE EARLIER LOL... i bet people will be lined up by 12am

peetrav
Jun 22, 2010, 10:58 AM
where is the line going to start? does the mall open its doors early so we can line outside apple or do we line up outside the mall?

James1292
Jun 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
where is the line going to start? does the mall open its doors early so we can line outside apple or do we line up outside the mall?

the doors to the mall open early, they open at 7AM for the iphone launch. but will there be a line outside of will it be a run to get in line in front of the apple store?

LimeiBook86
Jun 23, 2010, 08:19 AM
When the 3G iPhone launched they had a line outside of the mall. On the sidewalk there were areas marked "AT&T" and "Apple" where you could wait outside.

The line for the iPhone 3G was pretty long, but it did move fairly quickly. I may attempt to go later in the day, but we'll see.

Someone should update this thread when you're there to tell us the situation of how crowded or not it is. :) I hope they have the white models in stock, if not I may just settle for black.

BeyondtheTech
Jun 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
As I warned in another post, your Apple store has 907 iPhone reservations. That's just reservations! Your mall will be quite fun that day.

LimeiBook86
Jun 23, 2010, 12:34 PM
As I warned in another post, your Apple store has 907 iPhone reservations. That's just reservations! Your mall will be quite fun that day.

Ouch! :eek: Where were you able to grab this figure? I may just wait another day, I have no pre-order so I'm at the mercy of their remaining stock.

icyfire
Jun 23, 2010, 12:52 PM

damn, well i'm 2 of them. This is going to be fun.

auero
Jun 23, 2010, 02:02 PM
Just an FYI for you guys, some teeny bop concert will be held at FYE that same day so avoid that entrance.

James1292
Jun 23, 2010, 03:53 PM

how do you know that? do you think there will be any for walk-ins?

forty2j
Jun 23, 2010, 03:57 PM
Info from Freehold store employees:

- They expect to have units for walk-ins. They don't know how many yet.
- Mall doors open at 6am. No placement in line is guaranteed until you're inside the mall.

forty2j
Jun 23, 2010, 03:59 PM
I WOULD GET THERE EARLIER LOL... i bet people will be lined up by 12am

I don't think Mall security will actually allow that..

peetrav
Jun 23, 2010, 06:43 PM
so basically if we go earlier than 6 everyone just waits outside and then runs to the apple store when they open the mall doors?
that sounds dangerous...

Jsn0605
Jun 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
I can't decide whether to go to the Freehold Apple store which is probably packed already or to go my local Walmart or Radio Shack... Does anyone know if Walmart or Radio Shack are going to have any available without a pre-order ona first come first server basis? Where should I go?? I need to decide within 6 hours... Lol

uPhone
Jun 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
I can't decide whether to go to the Freehold Apple store which is probably packed already or to go my local Walmart or Radio Shack... Does anyone know if Walmart or Radio Shack are going to have any available without a pre-order ona first come first server basis? Where should I go?? I need to decide within 6 hours... Lol

radioshack won't have them prolly

im goin to freehold within an hr

Jsn0605
Jun 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
Wow I wasn't looking to leave until like 5am... I have never been there for a release of a iPhone because I do not have one currently. I was there for the Grand Opening of the store though and it was packed. When should I head there?.. It will take me like 20 mins to get there. I'm hoping I can get myself a iPhone of course and I am assuming that the Apple store will have the largest stock. I just need to know when I should get there to have a chance.. I do not have a pre-order or anything.

uPhone
Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 PM
Wow I wasn't looking to leave until like 5am... I have never been there for a release of a iPhone because I do not have one currently. I was there for the Grand Opening of the store though and it was packed. When should I head there?.. It will take me like 20 mins to get there. I'm hoping I can get myself a iPhone of course and I am assuming that the Apple store will have the largest stock. I just need to know when I should get there to have a chance.. I do not have a pre-order or anything.

lol i have frnds already there.

i pre ordered 2 but goin for fun.

good luck

Jsn0605
Jun 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
Ugh, Ty.

peetrav
Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
theres people there already? are they lined outside ruby tuesdays entrance?

Jsn0605
Jun 23, 2010, 10:37 PM
Is anyone there now? If someone gets there please update us here. I hope I can get a 32GB black on a walk-in they should have plenty available since its a pretty big Apple store, they should know what to expect at this location. :o Also what entrance? I'm assuming that main entrance up front. I'll be running in at 6am for a spot rofl

auero
Jun 23, 2010, 11:44 PM
theres people there already? are they lined outside ruby tuesdays entrance?

8 or 9 people when I went by there (had a few drinks at changs) roughly 10pm

mykhaeli
Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 AM
Greetings!
I'll be there, reserved a black 16 gig.
I'll go by/around 6am.
I'll be wearin' orange (Teva sneaks & an orange shirt) & grey-green shorts.
-I look forward to it!!

*must sleep before...*:)

James1292
Jun 24, 2010, 03:41 AM
I got to the mall at 2:15am (illegally because I'm 17 and you can't drive between 11pm and 5am) and I was 43rd in line. Then for like 2 hours no one else lined up but Then at like 4:30 I'd say at least 100+ additional people showed up

James1292
Jun 24, 2010, 03:44 AM
And since when do so many people smoke!? I'd say 50% of the people here were smoking. It is gross waiting in line for 4 hours when the people on both sides of you have been smoking non-stop.

mykhaeli
Jun 24, 2010, 06:34 AM
'Ssup James.
You must be in the "Tensa barrier" section, the HOME STRETCH! (unless you're waiting without a reserve...)

I arrived around 6:10am --w/the security guard kindly informing me that I was @ the WRONG mall entrance, lol (went by the one nearest the Apple store).
Anyway, there were two lines outside, each over 100 people. (complete with police, mall security & the obligatory ambulance) Seemingly @ 6 Apple employees began orderly bringing in the reserved groups in. (I was about a third of the way from the Apple store) Upon stopping inside in line, it was apparent that there were already over 200 people in various lines --all just for reservations!! Around 6:45, applause was heard. Then again @ 7:15. (first 2 iPhone 4 owners?)

So since arriving indoors, I've only moved a hundred+ feet closer...

auero
Jun 24, 2010, 07:24 AM
This is by far the worst launch I've been at. The lines aren't moving and no one is saying anything.

LimeiBook86
Jun 24, 2010, 08:04 AM
This is by far the worst launch I've been at. The lines aren't moving and no one is saying anything.

Ouch... I'm glad I'm not there. The original launch and the 3G launch was enough for me. :p Good luck to everyone though, I'll probably stop by to get mine tomorrow, if they have any left. Or at this rate I'll wait for the white one. ;)

Any updates on the line? Any photos? :)

forty2j
Jun 24, 2010, 10:39 AM
I got there at 5:40am. I left at 10:40am. My wife is still in line. At the point she was at, she was in the "pretty good chance" section, and (in front of the Things Engraved) they were saying 2-3 hours from there. (This is the no-reserve section.)

They started by taking 10 reserves to 1 non. Now it's 4 to 1. Non still doesn't feel like it's moving. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour to advance one storefront. Ridiculous.

Reserve line moves, but it's steadily at least by Gap / Victoria's Secret, if not further. Reaches past the AT&T store occasionally.

About 10-20 people behind my wife in line is where the "maybe late this afternoon/evening if a bunch of preorderers don't show up" section begins.

There were also a handful of people who thought they were better than the rest of us, and apparently cut the line and somehow didn't get caught. Sigh.

Oh, btw, they said they're not getting any more until next week at the earliest.

LimeiBook86
Jun 24, 2010, 12:15 PM
Any update, how's the store doing as of this afternoon? :) Any of you still waiting around? :eek:

forty2j
Jun 24, 2010, 12:29 PM
Any update, how's the store doing as of this afternoon? :) Any of you still waiting around? :eek:

Still waiting for the call from the wife saying she's next.

Imac69
Jun 24, 2010, 12:32 PM
Hello All. I just got back and figured I'd share my experience. I have been to every launch from the first iPhone, 3G, 3GS, iPad and now iPhone 4. This was by far the highest turn out and the most confusion I have ever seen. Only one mall security guard who ended up calling Freehold Police for assistance. The lines both pre-order and first come first serve were long. Pre-order was definately the way to go and that line moved much faster. They let us in the mall at 6am and things got more organized from then on. I got out of there around 8:30 with my new iPhone so it wasn't too bad for me. Word was the store had "4 digit" stock for walk in customers. I'm glad it's over for me but really feel for others who did not get there way early.

forty2j
Jun 24, 2010, 01:28 PM
Just heard that 16Gb stock is almost gone. 32Gb stock is still fine.

tribblez
Jun 24, 2010, 01:35 PM
How are the reserved / non-reserved lines moving? Still past the GAP for both?

Cobra2001
Jun 24, 2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for everyone that has shared their experiences. I read from someone here that the Freehold store might not be getting any more phones until next week. Has anyone else heard that?

Any idea if they are going to enact a system like they had two years ago for the iPhone 3G release where you could go on the website to see if each store got a shipment in based on the model you are looking for?

forty2j
Jun 25, 2010, 09:01 AM
How are the reserved / non-reserved lines moving? Still past the GAP for both?

The NR line was never that "long".. at least not for that long. Maybe 200 max, and they did a count-off fairly early and a lot people left.

The real problem was this:
5:40 AM: Outside mall.
6:20 AM: Orderly line inside. Next to Gloria Jean's.
4:45 PM: Inside store.

That's 10+ hours for the line to move half a wing. It was getting quite roudy towards the end.

Luminyx
Jun 25, 2010, 11:56 AM
A summary of my experience:

Got in the reserve line at 5:30 PM. Whenever I looked to the end of the line, it was ALWAYS at Starbucks. I got inside at around 8:35 PM, and left by 9:21 PM. My first iPhone had problems (battery was dead, even after a little bit of charge it wouldn't come on) so I had to do a return and repurchase. Second one has no problems (other than when I was initially testing the signal problem, it would drop, but I'm not having this issue anymore).

All I can say is I really sympathize for the non reserve crowd. The reserve line looked considerably longer than the NR line and the NR crowd consisted of maybe 20 people. When I got to the front and asked the front of the NR line how long they've been waiting, they said 6 hours (compared to my 3).

uPhone
Jun 25, 2010, 11:59 AM
2:30 AM got there

2:30 - 6:00AM was blazed out of my mind

Got 2 iPhones at 7:15-7:30AM

Got 3 More iPhones at 12:30PM

LimeiBook86
Jun 26, 2010, 09:59 AM
Just an FYI for those still waiting for phones. I called the Freehold Apple Store and they said they are out of stock. They expect more in 2 weeks or so, but you can reserve one still.

Cobra2001
Jun 26, 2010, 11:23 PM
Just an FYI for those still waiting for phones. I called the Freehold Apple Store and they said they are out of stock. They expect more in 2 weeks or so, but you can reserve one still.

What's the process to reserve one for pickup at the store?

LimeiBook86
Jun 27, 2010, 07:56 AM
What's the process to reserve one for pickup at the store?

I simply called them up, and when they said they were out of stock he asked if I wanted to reserve one. I left my name, the model and my phone and email. He said they'd email me when they're available. No billing or AT&T info was needed. :)

Cobra2001
Jun 27, 2010, 09:16 AM
I simply called them up, and when they said they were out of stock he asked if I wanted to reserve one. I left my name, the model and my phone and email. He said they'd email me when they're available. No billing or AT&T info was needed. :)

Awesome! Thanks for this info and I'll call in a little while :D