Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmeister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
I cannot understand why the GDB craps out saying "unrecognized selector" when there it is connected to the appropriate method inside Interface Builder. What I have to add is that I'm using a View Controller, and the IBAction is defined inside the view controller.

Program compiles fine with no warnings but every time I press a button, the application abruptly terminates.

Any thoughts?

willmeister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
*** -[UIViewController pushController:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x471aba0
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[UIViewController pushController:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x471aba0'

I've tried changing the argument classes as if that would help but tried anyway.
Made sure I named things correctly and everything was connected up properly in IB. I just can't figure out where I went wrong. The only argument is of type id coming from a UIButton so... the instance, I'm pretty sure is my UIViewController with the action method.

- (IBAction) pushController: (id) sender;

I've tried:

- (IBAction) pushController: (UIButton *) sender;

Another thing I've noticed is that when I try to add a button to the ViewController's view it doesn't show up at all.

willmeister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
You know when you make such ... basic mistakes you don't see them?

Turns out that UIViewController doesn't have a defined action called pushController. That will be found in *my* custom UIViewController.

What I did was

UIViewController *rootViewController = [[UIViewController alloc] initWith...]

etc etc etc

Helps when one uses their own custom classes to get custom behaviours. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.