PDA

View Full Version : Nashville, TN: Apple Store in Green Hills

Pages : [1] 2

scwinsett
Jun 13, 2010, 06:33 PM
I'll be pre-ordering at the Apple Store in Green Hills in the Mall on Tuesday. Anyone else? I've never been to an Apple launch before... will there be a midnight release on June 24?

Thanks!

WyattFunderburk
Jun 16, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'll be pre-ordering at the Apple Store in Green Hills in the Mall on Tuesday. Anyone else? I've never been to an Apple launch before... will there be a midnight release on June 24?

Thanks!

I reserved mine for in-store pickup. They will be opening at 7 AM on the 24th so I'd recommend getting there before then or just waiting until the afternoon after the initial batch has been given out. You have until the end of the day to pick it up.

I'm gonna try to show up around 5 AM. I'm not sure when and where they are going to let us line up though since there is massive construction going on at the south entrance (by the Apple Store).

automatickyle
Jun 16, 2010, 11:45 AM
Seeing that I live in Murfreesboro I will most likely drive by the AT&T store here the night before to see what it looks like then go about 2-3 am the next morning to wait for 7 am to come around. I don't think I have it in my to drive all the way out to Nashville to line up at Green Hills, but I may decide to do that. I know I went with a friend a few years ago when Leopard came out. We happened to show up mid-day when they shut the store down for the release. We were like 10th in line, but by the time we walked out with ours the line was all the way through the mall and coming up the escalators next to the Cheesecake Factory for just the operating system release. I can't imagine what a mess this will be. I was in Florida for the 3G launch and people were lined up at the AT&T in Port Orange at 10 pm the night before. You guys lucked out with those preorders. Here is to opening they ship enough for that Thursday.

tnu009
Jun 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
i have reserved my iphone4 at green hills. what time should i show up? i want to get it before work. this is my first iphone,,,excited!!!

NashMan2
Jun 17, 2010, 07:17 AM
How does the Green Hills store operate the lines.
walk-ins and pre-orders separate? One line and then separate them near opening time?
I saw two lines for the ipad launch.:confused:

scwinsett
Jun 17, 2010, 09:44 PM
How does the Green Hills store operate the lines.
walk-ins and pre-orders separate? One line and then separate them near opening time?
I saw two lines for the ipad launch.:confused:

I'm pretty sure there will be a Reserve line and a Walk-In line, but not 100%. The mall opens it's doors at 5am, so that's when I'm gettin there

ScottBGKY
Jun 17, 2010, 11:30 PM
Reserved mine there as well. Plan to get there around 3am just to document the madness.

stevenash2001
Jun 18, 2010, 12:09 AM
Since the Apple site was down when I tried to order Tuesday @ 6AM, I am just going to wait for delivery by FedEx since I went to AT&T site to place order. I will miss meeting everyone in line...kinda cool if you hadn't done it before.
I wonder if any tee-shirts will be given out.

scwinsett
Jun 18, 2010, 12:19 AM
I hope so.. I always love t-shirts..
I am more excited by the iPhone 4 than any Christmas ever excited me as a kid... and that's saying a lot. I'm a bit obsessed. I just keep refreshing MacRumors all day

JonD25
Jun 18, 2010, 04:47 PM
Does the reservations line tend to move pretty quickly? This is my first experience buying an iPhone on release day. I have my reservation. I called the store to make sure I didn't need to be the head of the family account to buy, everything is set. I just don't want to have to be there at 7am.

scwinsett
Jun 18, 2010, 06:18 PM
Does the reservations line tend to move pretty quickly? This is my first experience buying an iPhone on release day. I have my reservation. I called the store to make sure I didn't need to be the head of the family account to buy, everything is set. I just don't want to have to be there at 7am.

I called today too for the same reason. I'm so ridiculously excited... I feel like maybe there's something wrong with me! I do have mild OCD but this iPhone is all I think about hahahaha

Iphoneness
Jun 18, 2010, 06:20 PM
I'll be at Green Hills, too! Coming from Franklin. If there are enough people to form a line overnight, will the mall let us camp outside the doors, or will we not be allowed on mall property?

scwinsett
Jun 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
Not sure. Since I reserved mine, camping out isn't really necessary. I'm just gonna show up at 4:30, as the malls open at 5am, but even that is overkill. So long as I pick it up that day it doesn't really matter... they will have enough. I have been assured by the Apple Store staff that there should be plenty for everyone.

I'm only going early for the fun of it.

scwinsett
Jun 19, 2010, 10:53 AM
is this it though? I'd think there would be more Nashville people on this site

amiskell
Jun 19, 2010, 11:29 AM
Both myself and a co-worker of mine are planning to get there around 6am (meeting up at 5:30 at the office to drive down) on release day, we both reserved phones for pick-up in store.

So if you see a couple of Cummins employees walking around, that'll be us.

Iphoneness
Jun 19, 2010, 03:20 PM
Do y'all know how camping out will work as far as us being allowed on the mall property or not? Will they let us sit outside the door closest to the Apple store or do they not let us on the property at all until the mall opens? I'm hoping to be within the first 5 in line so I'll be checking every day to see when the line starts to form.

scwinsett
Jun 19, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure. I won't be camping since I reserved one, so I'll be there at 4:30..

I'll be wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki pants hahaha

Iphoneness
Jun 19, 2010, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure. I won't be camping since I reserved one, so I'll be there at 4:30..

I'll be wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki pants hahaha

haha I haven't planned that far ahead yet.

Have you ever been to a launch at this Apple store before? I was at the Cool Springs AT&T last year.

scwinsett
Jun 19, 2010, 04:58 PM
haha I haven't planned that far ahead yet.

Have you ever been to a launch at this Apple store before? I was at the Cool Springs AT&T last year.

I was at the Cool Springs AT&T last year too actually.. no I havent been to a launch at this Apple Store. Never wanted anything badly enough to do it. I do not particularly care much for our Apple Store. The employees are really not as intelligent as I'd hope a computer store's employees should be. They seem to be hired strictly based on how "hip" their appearance is.

Iphoneness
Jun 19, 2010, 05:02 PM
I was at the Cool Springs AT&T last year too actually.. no I havent been to a launch at this Apple Store. Never wanted anything badly enough to do it. I do not particularly care much for our Apple Store. The employees are really not as intelligent as I'd hope a computer store's employees should be. They seem to be hired strictly based on how "hip" their appearance is.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I went in to buy a 3GS(full price, no contract) in March and for every question I asked they guy, he had to go in the back to get the answer for me..

What place in line were you last year? Trying to see if I remember you ha.

scwinsett
Jun 19, 2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I've noticed this too. I went in to buy a 3GS(full price, no contract) in March and for every question I asked they guy, he had to go in the back to get the answer for me..

What place in line were you last year? Trying to see if I remember you ha.

I didn't get there early or anything. I just walked in around 2pm. Didn't have a problem getting a white 16gb 3GS, but the demand was nowhere near what it is for this one.

Every time I go to the Apple Store (many times, as Apple products aren't as perfectly made as they like to say, but Apple Care is a perfect warranty so it all works out), the employees are numbskulls. I have literally had to walk the guy through the process of putting the phone in DFU mode... THEY SHOULD KNOW THIS

Iphoneness
Jun 19, 2010, 05:16 PM
I didn't get there early or anything. I just walked in around 2pm. Didn't have a problem getting a white 16gb 3GS, but the demand was nowhere near what it is for this one.

Hey I just called the mall and they said we ARE allowed to camp outside the doors closest to the store, but no covers or tents are allowed. Only a chair or something that you can carry in your hand.

scwinsett
Jun 19, 2010, 11:00 PM
Hey I just called the mall and they said we ARE allowed to camp outside the doors closest to the store, but no covers or tents are allowed. Only a chair or something that you can carry in your hand.

Thanks for this information!

Iphoneness
Jun 20, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm sure some of you already know about all this but I have been at the mall scoping out what I'm going to do and where to line up and stuff in case I'm the first one(hoping to be, or at least first few). So I guess this would just be for anyone that is unfamiliar with the Green Hills mall.

If you turn into the main mall parking lot(where Starbucks and Cheesecake Factory and stuff is) where Ruby Tuesday is on your right, then turn left and go straight past Carrabbas, which will be on your right. Then go straight through the stop sign, with Macy's on your right and turn right and head into the parking garage. Keep going straight and you'll see some doors that lead onto a bridge where there will be a Gap sign up on the right. Then you just go through the next set of doors and down the stairs and you're at the Apple store!

Only reason I'm posting this is because the normal doors that are closest to the store are closed off due to the construction going on outside the building, so what I just described above is what I found to be the closest entrance.

And of course if there is already another line formed before I get there, I'll just join that one.. haha.

scwinsett
Jun 20, 2010, 10:32 PM
I'm sure some of you already know about all this but I have been at the mall scoping out what I'm going to do and where to line up and stuff in case I'm the first one(hoping to be, or at least first few). So I guess this would just be for anyone that is unfamiliar with the Green Hills mall.
And of course if there is already another line formed before I get there, I'll just join that one.. haha.

What time are you getting there? I reserved one, thinking about going around midnight to check out the line...

JonD25
Jun 20, 2010, 10:55 PM
You guys know that if you have one reserved, you WILL get an iPhone, right? As long as you get in the store by 9pm, you will get one.

I talked with someone who works there today a bit (it was a friendly setting, not a call or walk in and ask questions on the clock kind of situation). She told me she saw the kind of shipment they were going to be getting. She was sure the reserves would be covered. But if you don't have a reserve, there are not going to be very many phones available at all. So if any of you guys don't have a reservation, you REALLY need to be there early to get one.

scwinsett
Jun 20, 2010, 10:59 PM
You guys know that if you have one reserved, you WILL get an iPhone, right? As long as you get in the store by 9pm, you will get one.

I talked with someone who works there today a bit (it was a friendly setting, not a call or walk in and ask questions on the clock kind of situation). She told me she saw the kind of shipment they were going to be getting. She was sure the reserves would be covered. But if you don't have a reserve, there are not going to be very many phones available at all. So if any of you guys don't have a reservation, you REALLY need to be there early to get one.

Oh yea I know... I have two reasons for getting there early:
I want to be among the first to get it, because I'm more excited than I should be... its unhealthy!!!
and
My buddy couldnt get his reservation to go through, so he wants to camp out

Iphoneness
Jun 20, 2010, 11:23 PM
What time are you getting there? I reserved one, thinking about going around midnight to check out the line...

I'm planning on going around the time that the mall closes. Around 8 or 9 or so. I'm also extremey excited haha. I have a reservation but really want to be one of the first few.

JonD25
Jun 20, 2010, 11:24 PM
Oh yea I know... I have two reasons for getting there early:
I want to be among the first to get it, because I'm more excited than I should be... its unhealthy!!!
and
My buddy couldnt get his reservation to go through, so he wants to camp out

I'm planning on going around the time that the mall closes. Around 8 or 9 or so. I'm also extremey excited haha. I have a reservation but really want to be one of the first few.

You guys can have firsts. I'll take the extra sleep :)

scwinsett
Jun 20, 2010, 11:27 PM
Well, I'm bringing some chairs with my buddy. We'll see you there. I guess I'll just bring my macbook or something.

Iphoneness
Jun 20, 2010, 11:28 PM
You guys can have firsts. I'll take the extra sleep :)

I hope I'll be able to get some sleep! Or if I'll be too creeped out to sleep out there. Don't want to get robbed or anything.... :eek:

scwinsett
Jun 20, 2010, 11:29 PM
I hope I'll be able to get some sleep! Or if I'll be too creeped out to sleep out there. Don't want to get robbed or anything.... :eek:

How could you sleep?? Even if I stayed home, I'd get no sleep at all!

Iphoneness
Jun 20, 2010, 11:32 PM
How could you sleep?? Even if I stayed home, I'd get no sleep at all!

The sooner you go to sleep, the sooner Santa comes!

scwinsett
Jun 20, 2010, 11:34 PM
The sooner you go to sleep, the sooner Santa comes!

I never slept when I was a kid. I just watched A Christmas Story on TBS all night! My little sister fell asleep right away, but I just pulled an all nighter watching christmas story and sometimes id just watch the Back to the Future or Star Wars trilogies

Iphoneness
Jun 20, 2010, 11:39 PM
I never slept when I was a kid. I just watched A Christmas Story on TBS all night! My little sister fell asleep right away, but I just pulled an all nighter watching christmas story and sometimes id just watch the Back to the Future or Star Wars trilogies

Haha that's awesome. Where are you planning on lining up at? The place I described or a different entrance?

scwinsett
Jun 20, 2010, 11:42 PM
Haha that's awesome. Where are you planning on lining up at? The place I described or a different entrance?

I had originally intended to line up near starbucks but your idea makes more sense. I will probably get there around 11pm-12am, and ill probably get some redbulls!

WyattFunderburk
Jun 21, 2010, 02:07 AM
I'm not sure what time I'll be there but I plan on going at or before 5 AM. Hopefully I can convince a friend to come with me but that's highly unlikely.

Iphoneness
Jun 21, 2010, 02:12 AM
I'm not sure what time I'll be there but I plan on going at or before 5 AM. Hopefully I can convince a friend to come with me but that's highly unlikely.

I tried to do the same, but no one understands why I/Apple fans show up so early! :mad:

Iphoneness
Jun 21, 2010, 02:29 AM
I had originally intended to line up near starbucks but your idea makes more sense. I will probably get there around 11pm-12am, and ill probably get some redbulls!

Sounds like a plan! So I for sure don't have to be the primary account holder? I was going to have my dad meet me up there once the store opens, but I guess I won't need to if that's the case. Usually at the AT&T store they ask for my license and I guess they assume it's him cause we have the same name so they let me sign new contracts and stuff(still have 3 months til I'm 18...)

Getting more exciting every day!! :D

JonD25
Jun 21, 2010, 02:34 AM
Sounds like a plan! So I for sure don't have to be the primary account holder? I was going to have my dad meet me up there once the store opens, but I guess I won't need to if that's the case. Usually at the AT&T store they ask for my license and I guess they assume it's him cause we have the same name so they let me sign new contracts and stuff(still have 3 months til I'm 18...)

Getting more exciting every day!! :D

You just need the primary account holder's info, like last 4 digits of social. I called to ask the store this question myself a couple days ago and it also came up in my recent conversation with the employee I mentioned. Both confirmed you don't need the primary account holder to be present if you have their info.

Iphoneness
Jun 21, 2010, 02:39 AM
You just need the primary account holder's info, like last 4 digits of social. I called to ask the store this question myself a couple days ago and it also came up in my recent conversation with the employee I mentioned. Both confirmed you don't need the primary account holder to be present if you have their info.

Awesome, thanks for the info

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 08:48 AM
Awesome, thanks for the info

yea I called for the same reasons. Again, they confirmed as long as you are an authorized user and have the primary acct holder's info, you are good. But that is important! MAKE SURE YOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED USER! The primary acct holder (or anyone who knows the last 4 of his social) needs to call and add your name as an authorized user or you wont legally be allowed to sign a renewal contract

JonD25
Jun 21, 2010, 12:21 PM
yea I called for the same reasons. Again, they confirmed as long as you are an authorized user and have the primary acct holder's info, you are good. But that is important! MAKE SURE YOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED USER! The primary acct holder (or anyone who knows the last 4 of his social) needs to call and add your name as an authorized user or you wont legally be allowed to sign a renewal contract

Ah yes, forgot to mention that important bit. Thanks for catching that.

You know, since you're not 18, Iphoneness, I wonder if it might be a safe bet to call the store up and ask if that's a factor at all. Wouldn't want you to go through the line and find out they won't sell you one even if you are authorized. Better safe than sorry.

automatickyle
Jun 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
So I have decided to come from Murfreesboro to Apple probably early early on Thursday morning ( 1 to 2 am). I have never done a launch at this store, but wanted to see if you thought this was a safe bet for those that have been there before. As others have mentioned, I expect this launch to be a lot bigger than most. The only reason I am coming out to the Apple store is because I believe they will have much more stock than the AT&T stores in the surrounding areas. Anyone heard any numbers on this store? Also, I have no reservation or pre-order. I see some of you are showing up early even though you have a reservation. How will this effect stock for those coming first come, first serve?

JonD25
Jun 21, 2010, 12:58 PM
So I have decided to come from Murfreesboro to Apple probably early early on Thursday morning ( 1 to 2 am). I have never done a launch at this store, but wanted to see if you thought this was a safe bet for those that have been there before. As others have mentioned, I expect this launch to be a lot bigger than most. The only reason I am coming out to the Apple store is because I believe they will have much more stock than the AT&T stores in the surrounding areas. Anyone heard any numbers on this store? Also, I have no reservation or pre-order. I see some of you are showing up early even though you have a reservation. How will this effect stock for those coming first come, first serve?

I haven't heard actual numbers, but I have heard there aren't many for non-reserves. This is from an Apple Store employee who mentioned she had seen the shipment numbers (see my earlier post above). But, take it with a grain of salt since I had just met her and thus her reliability isn't exactly 100%. Whether there will at least be more than the AT&T stores, I don't have a clue. But that seems like a reasonable thing to assume. As for your question about reserves showing up early effecting walk-in stock, they won't. Reserves can show up at 1am or 1pm and it won't effect the walk-in stock at all. Our reserved phones are set aside all day. But once walk-in stock is depleted, that's it for you. And I expect that to happen very quickly.

ScottBGKY
Jun 21, 2010, 02:11 PM
I plan to come down Wednesday night and watch the latest showing of the A-Team with my son and camp out till store opens just for fun.

Iphoneness
Jun 21, 2010, 02:33 PM
I haven't heard actual numbers, but I have heard there aren't many for non-reserves. This is from an Apple Store employee who mentioned she had seen the shipment numbers (see my earlier post above). But, take it with a grain of salt since I had just met her and thus her reliability isn't exactly 100%. Whether there will at least be more than the AT&T stores, I don't have a clue. But that seems like a reasonable thing to assume. As for your question about reserves showing up early effecting walk-in stock, they won't. Reserves can show up at 1am or 1pm and it won't effect the walk-in stock at all. Our reserved phones are set aside all day. But once walk-in stock is depleted, that's it for you. And I expect that to happen very quickly.

When I called to ask about the camping situation, I also asked about the number of iPhones they might have. The guy told me that he couldn't give out that information over the phone, so I thought I would be able to go into the store and ask the same question. Got there and asked and the guy said the same thing: I can't tell you that, but if you have a reservation, you're for sure getting a phone.

You know, since you're not 18, Iphoneness, I wonder if it might be a safe bet to call the store up and ask if that's a factor at all. Wouldn't want you to go through the line and find out they won't sell you one even if you are authorized. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah I'm just not gonna take the risk and have my father meet me up there to pay for it when the store opens. I'd much rather do that than take the chance and not get one at all.

Iphoneness
Jun 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
I plan to come down Wednesday night and watch the latest showing of the A-Team with my son and camp out till store opens just for fun.

What entrance will you be waiting at?

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 02:58 PM

I would advise against that. I don't walk out of many movies, but that one was HORRIBLE!!! Saw Toy Story 3 though, and it was excellent

automatickyle
Jun 21, 2010, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the information. I had the chance to call up there this afternoon and finally get through. Talked to a really nice guy that said he didn't know exactly how many they would have in, but they would have two separate lines: one for the reservations and one for the "first-come, first-serve." He felt that they would be able to definitely accommodate the first come first serves that were there early enough with the assumption that we were talking about that they would have a healthy enough stock. I am planning to show up close to 1 am, which I hope is early enough. Is everyone lining up at the entrance inside the garage next to GAP? I will see everyone there. Also, the employee said that the mall will open the doors at 5 am, which then we can line up outside the door (God, do I hope this goes orderly) and they werent sure what accessories they would have available for the iPhone 4 on Thursday. I just need to find some type of case.

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the information. I had the chance to call up there this afternoon and finally get through. Talked to a really nice guy that said he didn't know exactly how many they would have in, but they would have two separate lines: one for the reservations and one for the "first-come, first-serve." He felt that they would be able to definitely accommodate the first come first serves that were there early enough with the assumption that we were talking about that they would have a healthy enough stock. I am planning to show up close to 1 am, which I hope is early enough. Is everyone lining up at the entrance inside the garage next to GAP? I will see everyone there. Also, the employee said that the mall will open the doors at 5 am, which then we can line up outside the door (God, do I hope this goes orderly) and they werent sure what accessories they would have available for the iPhone 4 on Thursday. I just need to find some type of case.

Ill be over by the Gap at around 11pm Wednesday because my buddy didnt get his reserved and im gonna stay overnight with him there. we got the folding chairs, just gonna bring a little cooler with a six pack i guess

automatickyle
Jun 21, 2010, 04:47 PM
Ill be over by the Gap at around 11pm Wednesday because my buddy didnt get his reserved and im gonna stay overnight with him there. we got the folding chairs, just gonna bring a little cooler with a six pack i guess

That sounds like a plan right there. I will be close behind. That makes me want to show up at 12 am now. Is your friend getting the 16BG or 32GB. I have a feeling that the 16GB will go faster.

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
That sounds like a plan right there. I will be close behind. That makes me want to show up at 12 am now. Is your friend getting the 16BG or 32GB. I have a feeling that the 16GB will go faster.

I'm sure he'll get the 16GB.. there is really no need for the 32. I have the 16gb 3GS and I never fill it up. I always have a few GB left over

automatickyle
Jun 21, 2010, 05:49 PM
I'm sure he'll get the 16GB.. there is really no need for the 32. I have the 16gb 3GS and I never fill it up. I always have a few GB left over

Did you preorder the 16GB? I am torn because currently I am using the 16GB 3G which I have not filled up all the way ever, but I could if I had more space.

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 05:51 PM
Did you preorder the 16GB? I am torn because currently I am using the 16GB 3G which I have not filled up all the way ever, but I could if I had more space.

Yea I reserved the 16GB. I know it's only $100 more bucks, but I know I'll never use that much space

ScottBGKY
Jun 21, 2010, 06:08 PM
scwinsett, where are you from? I lived near a guy in Bowling Green as a kid named Scott Winsett.

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 06:49 PM
scwinsett, where are you from? I lived near a guy in Bowling Green as a kid named Scott Winsett.

I'm this guy's descendant:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._E._Winsett

It's ironic because he is one of the most influential hymn/gospel songwriter's of all time (was even an early mentor of Elvis, my great aunt has handwritten letters they wrote to each other), but I'm a stone cold atheist, as are many of his descendants.

Iphoneness
Jun 21, 2010, 08:34 PM
Does anyone have a laptop they will be bringing to watch movies on and the people near them could watch along? I have a feeling I'm gonna be SUPER bored just sitting there all night...

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 08:37 PM
Does anyone have a laptop they will be bringing to watch movies on and the people near them could watch along? I have a feeling I'm gonna be SUPER bored just sitting there all night...

I will be bringing mine, but I'm saving some battery so I can use it to retore my iPhone 4 from my 3GS backup... it will be boring. I'm bringing my Nintendo DSi!

Iphoneness
Jun 21, 2010, 08:48 PM
I'm sure we can find some fun games to play! Have any of you ever played the Ninja game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-B0IjpRsGw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjBFFRQhhgM&feature=related
(this is not me, btw)

scwinsett
Jun 21, 2010, 09:31 PM
I'm sure we can find some fun games to play! Have any of you ever played the Ninja game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-B0IjpRsGw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjBFFRQhhgM&feature=related
(this is not me, btw)

I will be unable to engage in that activity because I am lazy.

inott
Jun 22, 2010, 02:58 AM
I really hope they have a half decent amount of non-reserves.. I will see you guys from over my shoulder.

Iphoneness
Jun 22, 2010, 10:55 AM
I really hope they have a half decent amount of non-reserves.. I will see you guys from over my shoulder.

I don't really expect the Nashville store to be TOO busy. I mean, not as busy as some other stores in New York and California and stuff. And I've seen tons of people on MR say they don't want to wait in line; they're just going to come in later in the day.

But I could be completely wrong and the line could be insane... Who knows!

inott
Jun 22, 2010, 12:17 PM
Im gonna be there at like five am.

scwinsett
Jun 22, 2010, 12:37 PM
I don't really expect the Nashville store to be TOO busy. I mean, not as busy as some other stores in New York and California and stuff. And I've seen tons of people on MR say they don't want to wait in line; they're just going to come in later in the day.

But I could be completely wrong and the line could be insane... Who knows!

It will be insane man. INSANE. people were lined up all the way down past cheesecake factory just for Leopard's release... and this is iPhone 4

JonD25
Jun 22, 2010, 12:50 PM
It will be insane man. INSANE. people were lined up all the way down past cheesecake factory just for Leopard's release... and this is iPhone 4

Hopefully they're a little more prepared for this. I mean, I doubt they expected crazy lines like that for an OS release, especially when you could just as easily order it online. Hopefully they at least know it's going to be INSANE and will prepare for it more and the line will move quicker...... hopefully :rolleyes:

Iphoneness
Jun 22, 2010, 12:58 PM

Are you serious?? That's crazy. Then yeah, the line is going to be crazy. Wow. I'm pumped

inott
Jun 22, 2010, 01:04 PM
This will be interesting..

JC119
Jun 22, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hope this helps, I just contacted The Mall at Green Hills and they informed me I CAN NOT camp out. The mall opens its doors at 5:00am and then you can get in line. I contacted Apple and they confirmed this. LINE STARTS AT 5:00am

Iphoneness
Jun 22, 2010, 01:44 PM
Hope this helps, I just contacted The Mall at Green Hills and they informed me I CAN NOT camp out. The mall opens its doors at 5:00am and then you can get in line. I contacted Apple and they confirmed this. LINE STARTS AT 5:00am

You can't be serious... What are we gonna do now?

JC119
Jun 22, 2010, 01:50 PM
The Mall phone number (615) 298-5478 so that you can confirm they do not allow us to camp.

Iphoneness
Jun 22, 2010, 01:53 PM
The Mall phone number (615) 298-5478 so that you can confirm they do not allow us to camp.

Yeah I just called a few minutes ago, too. The lady was very sure that no one is allowed on the property until 5:30. Not good, not good...

scwinsett
Jun 22, 2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah I just called a few minutes ago, too. The lady was very sure that no one is allowed on the property until 5:30. Not good, not good...

I'll be there at 4am then

automatickyle
Jun 22, 2010, 03:46 PM
Well, thats pretty ridiculous. The Apple employee I talked with yesterday informed the mall doors will be open at 5 am. Is the mall mandating this rule? Anyways, looks like I will be showing up a little earlier than 5 am to find this line. Does anyone know how they will organize the walk from the doors to the store or which doors they will even be opening at 5? This sounds like a mess already.

scwinsett
Jun 22, 2010, 04:08 PM
Well, thats pretty ridiculous. The Apple employee I talked with yesterday informed the mall doors will be open at 5 am. Is the mall mandating this rule? Anyways, looks like I will be showing up a little earlier than 5 am to find this line. Does anyone know how they will organize the walk from the doors to the store or which doors they will even be opening at 5? This sounds like a mess already.

The mall doors open daily at 5am. This is standard procedure. It looks as though the mall wants nothing to do with this event.

wooglins
Jun 22, 2010, 07:18 PM
I have spoken with the folks at the store. They are not planning on having anyone outside, etc. When people are let into the mall (whether that is 5am or some other time because the folks at Green Hills mall seem to be evil snobs), two lines will be managed at the Apple Store. As far as the store knew today, they have no plans of escorting a line from the outside door of the mall to the inside where the official lines will form. As people arrive at the front of the store at 5am they will manage the line. I will be there in the AM look for Khakis, and a Hawaiian style polo.

scwinsett
Jun 22, 2010, 07:21 PM
It is disappointing that the Green Hills Mall staff are not making more of an effort to make this launch go more smoothly. The Green Hills Mall is run by ignorant snobs, in my opinion.

Iphoneness
Jun 22, 2010, 08:19 PM
It is disappointing that the Green Hills Mall staff are not making more of an effort to make this launch go more smoothly. The Green Hills Mall is run by ignorant snobs, in my opinion.

Same here.
I went back up there a couple of hours ago just to clear up all the details and the lady was like, "Dude, just don't even worry about coming early; it's going to be a disaster. I highly reccomend just coming in later on Thursday and getting it."

I was considering doing this, but I kind of feel like if I'm not one of the first in line, I'll be waiting until probably the end of the day to get mine. The line for the 3G launch I was in took me 7 hours to get through and I don't want to go through that again...

Since we obviously can't wait on the property and stuff, where are you guys planning on waiting at until 5? It would be great if we could have some kind of organized line set up until then and everyone keep their places.

inott
Jun 22, 2010, 09:37 PM
So it's literally going to be a push and shove race to the apple store once they open the floodgates at 5am?

Iphoneness
Jun 22, 2010, 09:43 PM
So it's literally going to be a push and shove race to the apple store once they open the floodgates at 5am?

haha pretty much...

inott
Jun 22, 2010, 09:46 PM
Looks like a fanboy showdown in that case.

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 12:16 AM
This is looking like it could be a mess. I have to be at work at 10 am so I have no other choice to wait out and try to be close to the front to get in and out. I know many on here already have reservations, but that is not my case. Also, for the person who was told to just come back Thursday afternoon my guess is that there won't be a reason to because there won't be anything left.

On that note, does anyone for us on here know of any inside info as to what doors happen to be unlocked first for say employees to get in at a certain entrance? That is the only way I can see smoothly getting to the Apple store without some crazy rush.

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 12:21 AM
I'm gonna get me a white one

WyattFunderburk
Jun 23, 2010, 12:26 AM
Is this unlike the previous iPhone launches at this store? I've never tried on the first day but it seems like this is just going to be a disaster. I am not looking forward to being stampeded by rabid fanboys.

JonD25
Jun 23, 2010, 12:35 AM
We live in a society. Hopefully you early risers will be able to have the civility amongst fellow Apple fans to line up at the door and calmly walk in line up to the store. No need for an all out stampede.

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 12:50 AM
This is looking like it could be a mess. I have to be at work at 10 am so I have no other choice to wait out and try to be close to the front to get in and out. I know many on here already have reservations, but that is not my case. Also, for the person who was told to just come back Thursday afternoon my guess is that there won't be a reason to because there won't be anything left.

On that note, does anyone for us on here know of any inside info as to what doors happen to be unlocked first for say employees to get in at a certain entrance? That is the only way I can see smoothly getting to the Apple store without some crazy rush.

I would also like to know if anyone can tell us what doors are opened first. I still say the one up by Gap, but I'm not sure if that one will be open at 5..

And about Thursday afternoon: I have a reservation so I don't think it would be an issue for me to come later in the day. I'm just worried they won't have enough stock to cover all the reservations, even though I've been told by 3 employees there that they'll have plenty of units. Probably just me freaking out to much!

We live in a society. Hopefully you early risers will be able to have the civility amongst fellow Apple fans to line up at the door and calmly walk in line up to the store. No need for an all out stampede.

I'm hoping that can happen. Like maybe the first few people there can get everyone together and figure out a system to keep everyone in order just as if we were camping out outside the mall. I would hate for whoever it might be to be first in line and then lose their place just because some idiots want to get ahead.

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 12:51 AM
I'm gonna get me a white one

That would be SIIIIICK!

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 12:54 AM
Oh, and I'll be in a lime green Polo t-shirt and Polo shorts with a white Polo hat. Should be easy to spot me!

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 01:05 AM
Now that that's settled, how many do you guys think will be in stock, avaiable to walk-ins?

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 01:10 AM
Now that that's settled, how many do you guys think will be in stock, avaiable to walk-ins?

I overheard a conversation another employee was having and she said she wasn't exactly sure how many non-reservation phones they would have, but that they definitely would have SOME. All she told the guy was to get there super early and be one of the first people in line.

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 01:34 AM
Are they opening the apple store early? I think it usually opens at ten.

JonD25
Jun 23, 2010, 01:35 AM

I overheard a conversation another employee was having and she said she wasn't exactly sure how many non-reservation phones they would have, but that they definitely would have SOME. All she told the guy was to get there super early and be one of the first people in line.

That coincides with what an employee told me too. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that by the time I get there (planning on 10-11 am) there will only be a reserve line.

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 01:37 AM
Are they opening the apple store early? I think it usually opens at ten.

The mall opens at 5am and the Apple store will be opening early at 7am

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 02:40 AM
Well, I will be there before 4am wearing a blue shirt and khaki pants, my name is Sean. See you guys there.

wooglins
Jun 23, 2010, 06:57 AM
I call dibbs on stall number one, where I will be hiding when the mall closes. :)

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
Where will y'all be at? I think at first I'm probably going to show up at that Sun Trust Bank on Hillboro, directly across from Carrabba's. Unless there's a better place?
Asking because it'll probably be harder to find everyone since there will be no line at the mall...

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 10:43 AM
I'll be at the closest entrance to the apple store.. The one that is under construction next to the gap in the parking garage.

JC119
Jun 23, 2010, 11:15 AM
ďwooglins = I call dibbs on stall number one, where I will be hiding when the mall closesĒ.

This is way they donít allow us in the Mall...:mad: Every new release they opened the door near gap first. I checked the lower level door and itís closed due to construction so itís the upper level door they will open first, am assuming. They also allowed us to sit in our cars as long as we didnít run around like maniacs. I got snacks at the Walgreens across the street its 24 hours I think.

wooglins
Jun 23, 2010, 11:24 AM
“wooglins = I call dibbs on stall number one, where I will be hiding when the mall closes”.

This is way they don’t allow us in the Mall...:mad: Every new release they opened the door near gap first. I checked the lower level door and it’s closed due to construction so it’s the upper level door they will open first, am assuming. They also allowed us to sit in our cars as long as we didn’t run around like maniacs. I got snacks at the Walgreens across the street its 24 hours I think.

I was kidding of course. I would not risk getting a citiation for tresspassing over a silly product release.

I talked with the mall office this morning and they have revised their time, etc, and seem to be a little more organized about it.

Here is what they told me:

You may park your car before 5am, but you are not allowed to get out of your car for any reason before 5am and there will be a security guard or guards in the area to enforce this. There will be no line before 5am, etc. It will be a race to get from your car to the door at 5am, then to the store where a line will then officially form. In other words it really makes no difference how early you show up before 5am, except for position in the parking lot, and how quickly you can get from your parking spot to the door. They also told me that the Gap door will be the first opened thus negating any advantage to trying a different door and running to the store to beat the rush at the GAP door.

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
That is some good information there. For those that have been at the mall recently what door will be opening exactly? From my understanding, you are saying the top floor door next to the GAP and parking garage.

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 12:16 PM
This is going to be fun

ee99ee
Jun 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
This is going to be interesting...

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 12:34 PM
For those that were there for the 3G launch. What was the experience like?

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 12:58 PM
I wasn't there for the 3G launch... I have gotten all my previous iPhones at AT&T, but the OS X 10.5 Leopard launch was INSANE.... INSANE!!!

This is gonna be effing nuts. I'll be there at 10PM in my buddy's cadillac... drinking some red bulls!

JC119
Jun 23, 2010, 01:15 PM
I call dibbs on stall number one, where I will be hiding when the mall closes. :)

This is way they donít allow us in the Mall...:mad: Every new release they opened the door near gap first. I checked the lower level door and itís closed due to construction so itís the upper level door they will open first am assuming. They also allowed us to sit in our cars as long as we didnít run around like maniacs. I got snacks at the Walgreens across the street its 24 hours I think.

ee99ee
Jun 23, 2010, 01:18 PM
This is way they donít allow us in the Mall...:mad: Every new release they opened the door near gap first. I checked the lower level door and itís closed due to construction so itís the upper level door they will open first am assuming. They also allowed us to sit in our cars as long as we didnít run around like maniacs. I got snacks at the Walgreens across the street its 24 hours I think.

I think he was kidding... look at his other post....

-Chris

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 01:22 PM
so i guess bring a laptop and some dvds cause this is gonna be a long night. At least we'll be able to catch a little nap somewhere between 11pm and 4am

ee99ee
Jun 23, 2010, 01:26 PM
Ohhhh... Good idea, movies... haha

So, what time is everyone going to arrive? I'm thinking about 2-3AM for me... earlier?

-Chris

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
Ohhhh... Good idea, movies... haha

So, what time is everyone going to arrive? I'm thinking about 2-3AM for me... earlier?

-Chris

I'll be there at 10PM tonight

ee99ee
Jun 23, 2010, 01:31 PM
10PM... ugh... ok

-Chris

wooglins
Jun 23, 2010, 01:31 PM
I'll be there at 10PM tonight

They have told me no overnight parking, etc... so you may get chased off. Both folks I spoke with indicated that they expect people to come several hours before 5am and that will be ok if you stay in your car, but overnight is considered camping.

So early 3am - 4am for me.

ee99ee
Jun 23, 2010, 01:34 PM
I just called and confirmed this. No overnight parking. The lady said they'll start letting people park about 4:30am or so, but I imagine we'll really be able to park much earlier... but probably not before midnight.

-Chris

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 01:45 PM
They have told me no overnight parking, etc... so you may get chased off. Both folks I spoke with indicated that they expect people to come several hours before 5am and that will be ok if you stay in your car, but overnight is considered camping.

So early 3am - 4am for me.

Ah 3AM it is!

JC119
Jun 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
I think he was kidding... look at his other post....

-Chris

Sorry wooglins , Am just worried someone's going to do something dum and then they wont even let us stay in our car's near the entrance.

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 02:23 PM
Sorry wooglins , Am just worried someone's going to do something dum and then they wont even let us stay in our car's near the entrance.

3AM Gap Parking area in the garage. I will be there with my MacBook and my Nintendo DSi

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 02:40 PM
Upstairs parking garage GAP entrance it is then? Or the one directly below where the construction is?

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 02:43 PM
Upstairs parking garage GAP entrance it is then? Or the one directly below where the construction is?

should be downstairs right? i mean thats where apple is

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 03:08 PM
should be downstairs right? i mean thats where apple is

This is the part I am confused about. I haven't been to Green Hills in months so I have not seen this new construction, but any time I do go to Green Hills I go through that small entrance downstairs next to the GAP. From my understanding in this thread this entrance is closed and we need to use the one directly above that leads right to the escalators that lead right down into Apple. Could someone clarify for sure who has been there recently?

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 03:09 PM
This is the part I am confused about. I haven't been to Green Hills in months so I have not seen this new construction, but any time I do go to Green Hills I go through that small entrance downstairs next to the GAP. From my understanding in this thread this entrance is closed and we need to use the one directly above that leads right to the escalators that lead right down into Apple. Could someone clarify for sure who has been there recently?

I will go tonight around 7 or 8 and I will post tonight and let you know.

ee99ee
Jun 23, 2010, 03:12 PM

Thanks! I'm all the way down in Murfreesboro

-Chris

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 03:29 PM

Thanks man! That would be awesome. I guess we will all rendezvous near the GAP at 3 am. If its true that we have to enter from the top floor everyone would inevitably have to go down the immediate escalator right there which would actually help "herd" some of the crowd. What I am hoping happens is that all of us here slip right in at 5 am and a majority of the crowd starts coming through around 5:30 to 6 to line up.

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks man! That would be awesome. I guess we will all rendezvous near the GAP at 3 am. If its true that we have to enter from the top floor everyone would inevitably have to go down the immediate escalator right there which would actually help "herd" some of the crowd. What I am hoping happens is that all of us here slip right in at 5 am and a majority of the crowd starts coming through around 5:30 to 6 to line up.

Sounds good to me!

Mattytt55
Jun 23, 2010, 03:33 PM
I'm a first timer at the launch scene and I have an iphone4 reserved for me tomorrow. I dont want to miss too much work and I would like to get it in the morning. Any ideas as to when I should show up and how long the wait is for the reserve lines? I would like to be at work (not far from the store) by 10!

Thanks!

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 03:40 PM
I'm a first timer at the launch scene and I have an iphone4 reserved for me tomorrow. I dont want to miss too much work and I would like to get it in the morning. Any ideas as to when I should show up and how long the wait is for the reserve lines? I would like to be at work (not far from the store) by 10!

Thanks!

Meet us there about 15 min before the mall opens (5AM) and you should be in and out in under an hour after Apple opens at 7AM... so you could probably have an iPhone by 8AM-8.30AM depending on how it all goes.)

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'll be wearing a white shirt to match my new iPhone.

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 03:51 PM

The white iPhone 4 will not be available until July

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 03:54 PM

Me too.

(kidding)

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 03:59 PM
And some white kicks

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 04:01 PM
I'll be in my white Jeep, white Polo hat, and white Oakleys to match my new white phone

worldwearyeyes
Jun 23, 2010, 04:36 PM
Anyone willing to sell a seat in their car for 4:45-5am? Haha...

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 04:39 PM

es13
Jun 23, 2010, 04:44 PM

There's a door downstairs right next to apple and also one upstairs next to Gap (you have to go down the escalator which leaves you right by the apple store). Both of these are open even during the construction, although for the downstairs one you now have to go through a short enclosed walkway type thing from the parking. Not sure if it's true, but the security person I just spoke to at the mall told me that all doors would be opened at the same time (5AM). There will then be 2 lines starting by the steps right in from of the apple store.

JC119
Jun 23, 2010, 04:53 PM
Hope this helps, I checked it out by GAP their is a door on the lower level. its like a tunnel to the closest entrance to apple. A sign saying apple is near it. I also spoke with one of the security guys and they informed me that this is the first door they will be opening. Anyone they find in the mall prior to that door opening will be asked to step outside again.:):):)

worldwearyeyes
Jun 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hope this helps, I checked it out by GAP their is a door on the lower level. its like a tunnel to the closest entrance to apple. A sign saying apple is near it. I also spoke with one of the security guys and they informed me that this is the first door they will be opening. Anyone they find in the mall prior to that door opening will be asked to step outside again.:):):)

Man, now you guys are just confusing us!

JC119
Jun 23, 2010, 04:58 PM
Just asked a second security guy. They are opening the lower level door with the tunnel in the parking structure first. :)

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 05:07 PM
Okay, that is the door I was going to head to so I will still stick with that plan. It helps out there will be a tunnel leading to the door. See everyone there in a few!

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 05:07 PM
I don't believe I've ever seen this lower level entrance. How do I get there from the upper level one by Gap or from Carrabba's or something?

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 05:24 PM
Okay I'm confused.. EVERYBODY has said they know what the deal is, but everyone's answer is different... What time are we supposed to be there and what door are we going to?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason for this great gap in continuity of the answers is caused by someone's attempt to make other people late... but maybe I'm just a cynic.

Either way, I'm going down there tonight, I will have my MacBook.. I will post more later.

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 05:38 PM
Okay here is what I know. The door on the bottom level next to the GAP will be open at 5 am first before any other door in the mall. This door currently has a tunnel leading up to it because of the ongoing construction. This has recently been confirmed by two users here this afternoon. That is the door I will plan to head toward at 4:50 or so. I will be parking out there around 3 am and staying in the car until 4:50. Black scion

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 05:39 PM
Okay here is what I know. The door on the bottom level next to the GAP will be open at 5 am first before any other door in the mall. This door currently has a tunnel leading up to it because of the ongoing construction. This has recently been confirmed by two users here this afternoon. That is the door I will plan to head toward at 4:50 or so. I will be parking out there around 3 am and staying in the car until 4:50. Black scion

Where will you be parking at?

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 05:41 PM

Gold Cadillac.

Man, I gave my fiancee my 3GS a couple days early and I'm using the 3G until tomorrow... I can't believe she put up with this thing for a year! This thing is SO SLOW!!!!

Iphoneness
Jun 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
Okay I'm confused.. EVERYBODY has said they know what the deal is, but everyone's answer is different... What time are we supposed to be there and what door are we going to?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason for this great gap in continuity of the answers is caused by someone's attempt to make other people late... but maybe I'm just a cynic.

Either way, I'm going down there tonight, I will have my MacBook.. I will post more later.

We all seriously need to have a conference call haha

automatickyle
Jun 23, 2010, 05:52 PM
Oh god. I have been using my 3G since it came out. I had no idea it is noticeably slower. I will find out tomorrow (hopefully!)

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 06:02 PM
Oh god. I have been using my 3G since it came out. I had no idea it is noticeably slower. I will find out tomorrow (hopefully!)

Oh wow youre in for a surprise tomorrow! The 3GS is SO FAST... especially on iOS 4.0... and the iPhone 4 will be even faster... I feel separation anxiety now though... I MISS MY 3GS

worldwearyeyes
Jun 23, 2010, 08:52 PM
Just got back from the mall. The lower entrance is easy to see, so don't worry.

scwinsett
Jun 23, 2010, 09:14 PM
Just got back from the mall. The lower entrance is easy to see, so don't worry.

I was just there as well... lower entrance at 5am

inott
Jun 23, 2010, 10:03 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason for this great gap in continuity of the answers is caused by someone's attempt to make other people late....

Muhahaha...

Mattytt55
Jun 23, 2010, 11:29 PM
Have yall seen the reports that the iphone4 antennae are not working and dropping calls? Anyone know of anyone that actually has the phone and whether they have been experiencing this problem?

WyattFunderburk
Jun 23, 2010, 11:46 PM
Anyone going up there soon who can report about where we can park and how the crowds are? I'm planning on coming up around 4:00 or so and I'll check in here around then.

es13
Jun 23, 2010, 11:53 PM
for what it's worth, people are saying that some who showed up tonight were told that security won't let anyone onto the property until 4:30: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/233mk8

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
for what it's worth, people are saying that some who showed up tonight were told that security won't let anyone onto the property until 4:30: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/233mk8

Thanks for the info. I think most of the people here were expecting this after talking to mall management throughout the day today. I will be leaving the boro around 2:15 am to head that way. I can see security asking those to leave the property that approach the doors. I am betting on just staying in the car until 4:30

Iphoneness
Jun 24, 2010, 12:31 AM
I am here and mall security let us park down by the lowest entrance to Apple. It is filling up fast so get here ASAP! We are still only allowed to be inside our cars, but some people(me too) are sitting in front of their vehicles in chairs. I'm in front of my white jeep.

HURRY!!

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 12:35 AM
Ah damn, walking out the door now. Put your chair in a spot for me

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 12:39 AM
Ah damn, walking out the door now. Put your chair in a spot for me

Ughhhh.... guess I'll be there sooner than I wanted.

ScottBGKY
Jun 24, 2010, 12:41 AM
I'm the old guy with his soon sitting in the blue Honda Accord.

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 12:42 AM
Already?! omg....

I'll be there soon... at least I'm going into the reserved line after all...

-Chris

ScottBGKY
Jun 24, 2010, 12:57 AM
Words with Friends anyone? Username ScottBGKY.

wooglins
Jun 24, 2010, 01:15 AM
About 40 cars at 1:15am

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 01:16 AM
40! Alright... leaving soon.

-Chris

ScottBGKY
Jun 24, 2010, 01:19 AM
Wonder how many waiting are reserves and how many are trying to just get a walk in.

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 01:21 AM
I'm on my way now. In route. Mark me as walk-in. A lot of the guys on here seemed to be reserve though.

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 01:23 AM
I'm reserve. My roommate is walk-in, if he decides to switch from VZW

-Chris

ScottBGKY
Jun 24, 2010, 01:27 AM
Reserved here but have a noon tee time back in Bowling Green.

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 01:29 AM
Reserved here but have a noon tee time back in Bowling Green.

Priorities. :)

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 01:33 AM
Ok. I'm here now. The mall security guard is pretty serious about staying in the cars.

inott
Jun 24, 2010, 01:36 AM
I'm in the all black Bimmer down the row.. I really hope they have at least a hundedred nonreserves...

HoopFifi
Jun 24, 2010, 01:38 AM
You guys are awesome! Thanks for keeping me posted. I just got an account, but have been following this all day.

ScottBGKY
Jun 24, 2010, 01:39 AM
Wonder what the chances are of me being able to sleep?

automatickyle
I think we wil be okay man. Being here this early we should be fine

justinmrusek
Ok. I'm here now. The mall security guard is pretty serious about staying in the cars.

so my roomie and I live in Green Hills and are about to ride our bikes down there...can someone ask mall security if they'll allow us to hang out or will we have to "stay on our bikes" the whole time? seriously!

wooglins
Jun 24, 2010, 01:44 AM
I'm in the all black Bimmer down the row.. I really hope they have at least a hundedred nonreserves...

I can see your car I am about five down from you.

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 01:44 AM
In the house. Black scion XB. This is gonna be a cluster.

justinmrusek
Jun 24, 2010, 01:46 AM
see y'all there! we will be the two guys on the huffy ten speeds!

Iphoneness
Jun 24, 2010, 01:48 AM

Are you watching austin powers? or are you in a different car? haha

inott
Jun 24, 2010, 01:49 AM
In the house. Black scion XB. This is gonna be a cluster.

I think you're parked facing me

Iphoneness
Jun 24, 2010, 01:49 AM
im a reservationer & with 2 non-reservationers

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 01:51 AM
Yep! You know, I'm thinking...the parking spots on the ramp right here might give us better access to that damn tunnel. This is ridiculous.

justinmrusek
Jun 24, 2010, 01:55 AM
any word from mall security about riding bikes there?

wooglins
Jun 24, 2010, 01:55 AM
I am in the oldish green acura

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 01:57 AM
I'm the tan Sentra with a *shocker* Apple sticker on the back.

inott
Jun 24, 2010, 01:57 AM
Between the antenna problem, and the amount of people here at only 2am.. Were fittin to see alot of sad faces

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 02:08 AM
Anybody near the front need some company?

ndutyme
Jun 24, 2010, 02:11 AM
Hey you guys,
I pre-ordered mine and got it this morning, but I feel like I'm missing out on the whole event down there. It would give me a chance to use/show off my Mac mini installed in my car :)
Hang in there guys! It will be something that you will never forget :)
I was there in line for the 3G (not 3Gs) and it was a blast. Waited till 4 AM and got turned away with a voucher to return the next day and not wait in line.

I'll keep checking out this thread to see what's up.

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 02:25 AM
Is it 7:00 yet?

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 02:26 AM
Has anyone spoken with one of these securities guards about what time we can line up?

inott
Jun 24, 2010, 02:32 AM
Has anyone spoken with one of these securities guards about what time we can line up?

Upvote.

justinmrusek
Jun 24, 2010, 02:38 AM
Come to the bike rack by the front and say hello!

worldwearyeyes
Jun 24, 2010, 03:13 AM
How many cars currently?

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 03:19 AM
Guessing around 70. Can't really tell from where I am.

scwinsett
Jun 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
I'm in the back in a gold Cadillac. Someone cone explain WTF is going on

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 04:06 AM
Just got inside! They let everyone who reserved theirs line up at the Apple store. Everyone else is lined up outside.
:D

Edit: The walk-ins are now lining up next to us.

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 04:09 AM
And now we're inside... at least it's not as hot. Many people here (in the non-reserve line). Only about 50 of us in the reserve line.

-Chris

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 04:14 AM
Wonderful security of gren hills really dropped the ball on this one. Showed up at 1:45 and I'm close to the back because of their random line up procedure.

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 04:15 AM
And now we're inside... at least it's not as hot. Many people here (in the non-reserve line). Only about 50 of us in the reserve line.

-Chris

Where are you, Chris? I'm on the stairs in front of Clarks on my MacBook Pro.

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 04:19 AM
Where are you, Chris? I'm on the stairs in front of Clarks on my MacBook Pro.

I just pointed at you. hahaha

-Chris

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 04:20 AM
Wonderful security of gren hills really dropped the ball on this one. Showed up at 1:45 and I'm close to the back because of their random line up procedure.

Yeah, they did... I"m near the front and got here 10 minutes before they made the line.

-Chris

Wigfarmer
Jun 24, 2010, 04:22 AM
I've been following this for the last few days. I'm very close to the front of the pre-order line. Thanks for all the help over the past few days!

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 04:23 AM
I just pointed at you. hahaha

-Chris

Good times.

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 04:25 AM
Anybody know how many they take in at a time?

Iphoneness
Jun 24, 2010, 04:27 AM
Anybody know how many they take in at a time?

Someone said 10 at a time. Not 100% sure though

wooglins
Jun 24, 2010, 04:30 AM
I got here at 1:05 and am 6 in thde pre order line.

trajansburton
Jun 24, 2010, 05:16 AM
Anyone want to give me there iPhone 3GS they wont be using anymore? :) Im in line for support but wont be getting one today.

scwinsett
Jun 24, 2010, 05:43 AM
I'M in khaki and a blue shirt on the bench. Where's everyone?

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 05:49 AM
I'm sleepy

automatickyle
Jun 24, 2010, 05:51 AM
Next to the Rosetta stone kiosk. God please have this activation go smoothly

lcs101
Jun 24, 2010, 05:51 AM
How crowded is the non-reservation line? I'm debating whether or not to make the drive down there.

amiskell
Jun 24, 2010, 06:10 AM
Both lines are arund the corner at ending near Z_Gallarie. and growing

stevenash2001
Jun 24, 2010, 07:01 AM
I am waiting for FedEx on mine, how are things now at the mall.
Haven't seen a post since 6:10

MrJT
Jun 24, 2010, 07:15 AM
Mall is packed. But we are slowly moving in the right direction. Slowly.

stevenash2001
Jun 24, 2010, 07:22 AM
Well at least your moving in the right direction.
Since fedex has blocked tracking of packages all I know is my phone left Ft. Worth and that's it.

MrJT
Jun 24, 2010, 07:49 AM
Well. I thought we were moving. Turns out, looks like only the pre-order line is moving. It's going to be a long day. Lol

worldwearyeyes
Jun 24, 2010, 07:49 AM
So is the non-reserve line moving AT ALL?

scwinsett
Jun 24, 2010, 07:51 AM
So is the non-reserve line moving AT ALL?

Just got mine a bit ago.. stopped to show it off to my buddy in the nonreserve line..now at panera with my macbook syncing from my backup.. nonreserve line barely moving... reserve line super quick. I was in and out in under 10 min

Iphoneness
Jun 24, 2010, 07:57 AM
Got my iPhone!!!!! She's a beauty!

WyattFunderburk
Jun 24, 2010, 08:05 AM
Got my iPhone!!!!! She's a beauty!

Same here. I think I was one of the first few to get it! Good luck to the rest of you guys! It's worth the wait!

ScottBGKY
Jun 24, 2010, 09:13 AM
I was 7th in the Reserved line and first to get my phone and get out. So far I think the bumpers suck.

stevenash2001
Jun 24, 2010, 09:52 AM
Has anyone seen any other cases they sell besides the "bumper"

Iphoneness
Jun 24, 2010, 10:30 AM
Wow, this phone is absolutely amazing. Those of you that haven't gotten one yet, it's well worth the wait. You can do it!

What are the lines looking like now?

wooglins
Jun 24, 2010, 12:12 PM
I was 7th in the Reserved line and first to get my phone and get out. So far I think the bumpers suck.

I was number six in the reserve line, but spent about an hour and a half in the store. My sales person really wanted to play with all the features (it was his first time getting to use one as well).

As a side note I love the bumper.

JonD25
Jun 24, 2010, 01:10 PM
Got in line around 9:30am. It is now 1pm. Still a ways to go. Ugh.

asherbo
Jun 24, 2010, 02:43 PM
Is it insane down there? I'm working til six but assume they'll all be sold out by the time i get there if they aren't already! Please lemme know, thanks peeps!

JonD25
Jun 24, 2010, 02:51 PM
Is it insane down there? I'm working til six but assume they'll all be sold out by the time i get there if they aren't already! Please lemme know, thanks peeps!

Going on 5 hours waiting in the reserve line, but almost there. Line is still long. If you don't have a reserve, they already cut off that line. And it's moving WAY slower.

asherbo
Jun 24, 2010, 02:56 PM
guess i'm going to have to wait until they get the next batch in, so that sux.

ee99ee
Jun 24, 2010, 03:01 PM
I was about 10 or 12 in reserve line, and got in and out pretty quickly. My roommate realized he forgot his drivers license when he was in the store, so we had to go back. We came back a bit later in the morning (around 10AM) and the line that was allllll the way through the mall was MUCH shorter. My guess is they went through the line tallying up what people wanted to purchase and what they had in stock, and cut it off at some point where everyone beyond a certain point was no way getting an iPhone based on inventory.

It was still crazy around 11 when we left: http://twitter.com/ee99ee/status/16943053496

-Chris

scwinsett
Jun 24, 2010, 06:49 PM
I was about 10 or 12 in reserve line, and got in and out pretty quickly. My roommate realized he forgot his drivers license when he was in the store, so we had to go back. We came back a bit later in the morning (around 10AM) and the line that was allllll the way through the mall was MUCH shorter. My guess is they went through the line tallying up what people wanted to purchase and what they had in stock, and cut it off at some point where everyone beyond a certain point was no way getting an iPhone based on inventory.

It was still crazy around 11 when we left: http://twitter.com/ee99ee/status/16943053496

-Chris

I had the worst day ever... Literally, my friend got SO MUCH FREE **** because of the huge epic fails. We got a free year of MobileMe, a free dock, new headphones, etc.. it was insane. I will post more later... im too damn tired now

ScottBGKY
Jun 24, 2010, 07:37 PM
When the girl from the Apple Store came through the Reservations line I noticed Taylor Swifts name on the list. Did anyone see any celebrities while waiting today?

scwinsett
Jun 24, 2010, 08:16 PM
When the girl from the Apple Store came through the Reservations line I noticed Taylor Swifts name on the list. Did anyone see any celebrities while waiting today?

It is a common name.

Aflix
Jun 24, 2010, 08:34 PM
Are they still processing? When are they shutting it down tonight?

amiskell
Jun 24, 2010, 10:32 PM
My iDay went pretty crappy too, not because of Apple tho. After I finally got my iPhone 4 around 11:30, I went out to the parking garage to find that some who couldn't park hit my goddamn car.

So now I have to spend $600 on having the bumper completely refinished and repainted.

I hope whoever hit my car dies.

CB1986
Jun 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
The Nashville store is officially out of phones now... they are signing everyone up on a priority list though. They said that they should have some stock on Monday.

jameskk
Jul 3, 2010, 09:41 PM
Anyone in Nashville area still looking for an iPhone 4??? I was in the Murfreesboro Wal-Mart tonight and the girl behind the phone counter told me that they had 3 in-stock. I am not sure what size but I would guess 16GB.

CB1986
Jul 4, 2010, 08:17 PM
Thank you James! I just went to the Murfreesboro store and bought the last one they had! Thanks so much!

jameskk
Jul 5, 2010, 10:59 AM
Thank you James! I just went to the Murfreesboro store and bought the last one they had! Thanks so much!

No problem. Glad to help a fellow poster out. What size did you get? 16/32?

CB1986
Jul 5, 2010, 10:57 PM
I got a 16, as that was all they had. However, I don't really have much reason for a 32 unless I start filling it up with videos, hah.

scwinsett
Jul 6, 2010, 11:27 AM
I got a 16, as that was all they had. However, I don't really have much reason for a 32 unless I start filling it up with videos, hah.

Since the 3G I have always gotten the 16gb and it is more than enough... watching videos on your phone is kind of stupid... I mean sometimes a youtube video here and there but.. If you're gonna watch a movie, a cell phone really isnt the way to go.

I guess legendary film director David Lynch said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

joshrholloway
Jul 7, 2010, 06:16 AM
If anyone hears any news about iPhone 4 in stock anywhere in the Nashville area, please share. I've been calling RadioShack, Best Buy, Walmart, AT&T, and Apple every day for the past week and everyone is always out of stock.

(P.S. Did any of those rumors about Apple holding back phones for a "second launch" today end up being true?)

Puckster67
Jul 7, 2010, 07:39 PM
If anyone hears any news about iPhone 4 in stock anywhere in the Nashville area, please share. I've been calling RadioShack, Best Buy, Walmart, AT&T, and Apple every day for the past week and everyone is always out of stock.

(P.S. Did any of those rumors about Apple holding back phones for a "second launch" today end up being true?)

I just visited the Best Buy in Mount Juliet and they have the 32 gb iP4 in stock. He didn't tell me how many they had...just that they have them.

Good luck!

joshrholloway
Jul 8, 2010, 01:08 PM
Just an update, the Best Buy in Mt Juliet no longer has them in stock. I was on my way to the store and I called them and they said they were selling the very last one. That was almost an hour ago.

Still looking for availability news in the Nashville area... please keep us all posted!

Iphoneness
Oct 6, 2011, 12:25 AM
What's up guys! It's back! Who's gonna be there this year?!

llj1137075
Oct 6, 2011, 01:46 PM
What's up guys! It's back! Who's gonna be there this year?!

I'll be there.
I waited in line for the iPad 2 but it was released at 5pm, I also was the first person at the At&t store for the 3GS but I'm not sure how the camping out works for the mall.
Any insight?

Also, I saw your ad on craigslist. Good idea.

Anybody who is upgrading to the iPhone 4S.
I will buy your old iPhone 3G, 3GS, or iPhone 4 for cash on the day.
Let me know so I can buy them, I have two relatives looking to get iPhones and I'm trying to help them out but they don't have upgrades.
If anyone is in the Murfreesboro area and you are not wanting to go to the apple store to get your upgrade you should go to the radioshack wireless kiosk in stones river mall and ask for me, Luke. We should be doing preorders and will have them on launch day. We normally open early for special launches but i don't have all of the information yet. I'll update when I do.

Iphoneness
Oct 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'll be there.
I waited in line for the iPad 2 but it was released at 5pm, I also was the first person at the At&t store for the 3GS but I'm not sure how the camping out works for the mall.
Any insight?

Also, I saw your ad on craigslist. Good idea.

Anybody who is upgrading to the iPhone 4S.
I will buy your old iPhone 3G, 3GS, or iPhone 4 for cash on the day.
Let me know so I can buy them, I have two relatives looking to get iPhones and I'm trying to help them out but they don't have upgrades.
If anyone is in the Murfreesboro area and you are not wanting to go to the apple store to get your upgrade you should go to the radioshack wireless kiosk in stones river mall and ask for me, Luke. We should be doing preorders and will have them on launch day. We normally open early for special launches but i don't have all of the information yet. I'll update when I do.

Thanks!

As far as camping out at the mall, they make us wait in the parking garage(i think by macy's?) right in front of the entrance that leads you to Gap and then you go down the escelator to the Apple store. At least that's how it was last year. Some people also got a little out of control when it came to get ready to go in and the Nashville police showed up it was kind of funny haha. But when it gets close to opening time, they make us form two lines; one for people with preorders and one for people without. I actually ended up being 7th in line last year cause everyone got confused about where to go and I just kinda hopped in line and got lucky. But there had to be at least like 500 people there. A lot more than I thought there would be.

My father has a 3G that he wants to get rid of after he gets the 4S that day. How much are you offering? It has been in its case since day one, never removed so there is not a single scratch on it. Very well taken care of.

llj1137075
Oct 6, 2011, 03:48 PM
So upstairs. Not downstairs? I just figured that was closer. But I'm excited for next friday.
What is everyone gonna bring?
I'm bringing a chair, my ipad, my phones, some snacks? Thinking about a external battery just incase I need some juice. lol.

Anything special others will be bringing?

Iphoneness
Oct 6, 2011, 04:18 PM
So upstairs. Not downstairs? I just figured that was closer. But I'm excited for next friday.
What is everyone gonna bring?
I'm bringing a chair, my ipad, my phones, some snacks? Thinking about a external battery just incase I need some juice. lol.

Anything special others will be bringing?

Actually you know what, now that you mention it/I think about it, I think it was downstairs. Yeah it was cause I remember walking out to the street right from there. So let's plan on that.

I'm pretty stoked too. It's gonna be fun. But everyone pretty much just parks their cars and post up in chairs in front of them and hang out. Lots of laptops with movies and stuff. There is a Kroger like a block away that is available 24hrs if anything extra is needed. But yeah, I'm just gonna bring a chair and some snacks.

Fair warning, and you probably know this from your past experiences, it'll get very boring at some points!

----------

Also, everyone don't forget to preorder tonight at 2:00

llj1137075
Oct 7, 2011, 01:29 PM
I tried to reserve one last night, I couldn't figure out how. I could only find a preorder. But it doesn't matter too much I'm gonna try to get in the line pretty early.

I'm doing preorders at radio shack today for anyone who isn't wanting to make the trip to the apple store. I'm in murfreesboro in the stones river mall.
I work at the kiosk and my name is Luke. Just ask for me if you wanna get one. We will have them on launch day and they will be guaranteed yours for 3 days. Then we can sell them if you haven't come to pick them up.

LagFighter
Oct 8, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hey guys - just got a chance to go into Green Hills yesterday and chat up some of the employees at the Retail Store. They filled me in on the process for next Friday:

The mall will open up early to allow people to wait in line. The guy I talked to told me that he thought it was 6 AM, but it might be earlier. From the way he talked, it seemed like if you could get there at 6, you'd be able to get a phone without too much trouble.

They'll let a few people in at a time, and it should be a nice and orderly process. There will be an employee at the front and back of the line to corral everyone.

Lastly, there should be plenty of phones to go around.

As it turns out, I actually preordered mine for online delivery, since I have class in the morning (I'm a Vandy student). Good luck to all who go!

Iphoneness
Oct 9, 2011, 07:13 PM
Apple website says stores open at 8:00 AM. If it's anything like last year, it'll be a mess with people fighting to get in line. 6 AM will be way too late if you don't want to wait in line the entire day. Fair warning. This has been Apple's largest iPhone launch yet and there will be a ton of people. I was going to get there at 6 pm Thursday, but...

This year not being able to reserve then phones online for in-store pickup, I also went ahead and ordered mine for delivery to my house. There's no way I'm going to risk not getting one! I really didn't want to do that.. but I am using a Windows Phone 7 device until I get the 4S and it absolutely SUCKS.

llj1137075
Oct 11, 2011, 12:59 PM
Apple website says stores open at 8:00 AM. If it's anything like last year, it'll be a mess with people fighting to get in line. 6 AM will be way too late if you don't want to wait in line the entire day. Fair warning. This has been Apple's largest iPhone launch yet and there will be a ton of people. I was going to get there at 6 pm Thursday, but...

This year not being able to reserve then phones online for in-store pickup, I also went ahead and ordered mine for delivery to my house. There's no way I'm going to risk not getting one! I really didn't want to do that.. but I am using a Windows Phone 7 device until I get the 4S and it absolutely SUCKS.

I also wont be waiting in line. I preordered one from work and will get mine first thing when we open. I just needed to work since we did preorders so I pretty much had to get it there or order it online. Figured getting it there was better.
Kind of upset. I liked hanging out at the iPad 2 launch. But oh well.

chequepoint
Oct 13, 2011, 07:10 PM
Expect a madhouse, and don't listen to mall security or apple retail. Last year they told us nobody could line up until a certain time, and like an idiot I arrived at that time and there were already 100+ people in line.

That store is too small and too crowded all the time as it is. That combined with apples inane "We have to spend 30 minutes hand holding each customer through the activation process" policy, and the inevitable ATT/Verizon/Sprint server crashes.. If you don't have 14 hours to spare.. wait a week.

JC119
Oct 13, 2011, 09:50 PM
They are allowing people to line up at 4am outside and they are opening the mall doors at 5am to move the line inside. The store opens at 8:00am

berlyjen
Oct 13, 2011, 10:06 PM
Anyone know where the line is going to start?