Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
I'm currently downloading TF2 on my mac and its interminable. I'm getting 150 Mbit/s which is just awful. When I download on win7 i'm usually getting 1 MB/s and sometimes higher. Is there something I can do to speed this up or is it just a common problem on macs for now?

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
VA
I'm currently downloading TF2 on my mac and its interminable. I'm getting 150 Mbit/s which is just awful. When I download on win7 i'm usually getting 1 MB/s and sometimes higher. Is there something I can do to speed this up or is it just a common problem on macs for now?

In the past few days there have been DOZENS of threads about this.

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2009
GO to preferences and change your settings accordingly

Attachments

• Steam Help.jpg
    Steam Help.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 85

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Yeah it's called "searching". You should try it!

First of all, you have to learn how to count because I DID use the search before posting and the alleged dozens of posts regarding this problem were not to be found. The problem with the couple of posts I did find is that they did not help. I copied the files and changed my download settings before making this post again and nothing worked. If that is too hard to understand then just don't say anything. Click the back button, it's even easier than using search.

TheShinyMac: Those are my current settings and I even changed to a different country because I heard the US servers were slow. Didn't make a difference though :(

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
VA
First of all, you have to learn how to count because I DID use the search before posting and the alleged dozens of posts regarding this problem were not to be found. The problem with the couple of posts I did find is that they did not help. I copied the files and changed my download settings before making this post again and nothing worked. If that is too hard to understand then just don't say anything. Click the back button, it's even easier than using search.

TheShinyMac: Those are my current settings and I even changed to a different country because I heard the US servers were slow. Didn't make a difference though :(

Yes it is kind of hard to understand that none of those threads had any info that could help. Really, there were so many that if none helped, you should just wait it out.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Yes it is kind of hard to understand that none of those threads had any info that could help. Really, there were so many that if none helped, you should just wait it out.

Logical...if no previous information helped why bother trying to find a solution that works? I'm glad society doesn't abide by this train of thought.

If there were this abundance of threads about the same thing then you should have some answers. Or be able to direct me to one that addresses my problem exactly.

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
VA
Logical...if no previous information helped why bother trying to find a solution that works? I'm glad society doesn't abide by this train of thought.

If there were this abundance of threads about the same thing then you should have some answers. Or be able to direct me to one that addresses my problem exactly.

Maybe there isn't a solution if no one found one. Maybe the servers are very busy since TF2 is so popular. Who knows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.