PDA

View Full Version : University Park Village - Fort Worth, TX

drumpat01
Jun 13, 2010, 10:31 PM
Who all is coming? I'll be there and hope to see you all out there! Fort Worth love!

hcoteen2008
Jun 14, 2010, 12:52 AM
I might. I'm upgrading from 3GS to 4. But my problem is I'm an authorized user and I'm scared I can't do it at the Apple Store.

drumpat01
Jun 14, 2010, 09:06 PM
Yes you can upgrade at the apple store. you just need the last 4 digits of the social on the account and the billing zip code.

hcoteen2008
Jun 17, 2010, 04:14 PM
Looks like I'm going to the Apple Store to get my iPhone 4. This will be my first Apple Launch! :D

rtgc2003
Jun 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
Would I be able to upgrade my line using another persons upgrade at the APPLe store or do i need to go to att store.. And aslo what time are yall going to go to the apple store to get in line..

hcoteen2008
Jun 18, 2010, 01:20 PM
Would I be able to upgrade my line using another persons upgrade at the APPLe store or do i need to go to att store.. And aslo what time are yall going to go to the apple store to get in line..

I would recommend going to the AT&T store for that.

rtgc2003
Jun 18, 2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks.. Around what time yall think is good to show up at the ATT STORE ????

hcoteen2008
Jun 18, 2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks.. Around what time yall think is good to show up at the ATT STORE ????

When the iPhone 3G came out, I got it at the AT&T store near the Hulen Mall and I was there the evening before it came out. I was 2nd in line. More people started showing up around 11 pm.

rec0017
Jun 18, 2010, 06:50 PM
I will be there bright and early with a copy of my reservation in hand.

This will be my first launch so I was wondering how Apple usually handles it for those with "Reservations" and those without. Do they have different lines or what. I called the store but they were less than helpful.

Thanks!

bassrocker204
Jun 18, 2010, 07:02 PM
i will be there the second i get out of class on wednesday at baylor, anyone want to wait with me?

rtgc2003
Jun 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
Yea I was at the ATT store on hulen to.But i got three at 7 am and still was able to get a phone and the line was around the building ..I was thinking of getting there around 3-4

Illusion86
Jun 18, 2010, 08:51 PM
I work at the chilis located across from the apple store, Im friends with several of the employees so I asked them. They told me that the line can not start forming until the close on the 23rd. But the assured me that the line would more thn likely start then. (which is at 8pm) I reserved mine so im for sure getting one. But my father wasn't as lucky, so he will be there too. Actually my whole family will be attending. There's something about being first in line at an apple launch that drives me crazy! Im probably going to get there around 10pm. :cool:

hcoteen2008
Jun 18, 2010, 09:09 PM
I work at the chilis located across from the apple store, Im friends with several of the employees so I asked them. They told me that the line can not start forming until the close on the 23rd. But the assured me that the line would more thn likely start then. (which is at 8pm) I reserved mine so im for sure getting one. But my father wasn't as lucky, so he will be there too. Actually my whole family will be attending. There's something about being first in line at an apple launch that drives me crazy! Im probably going to get there around 10pm. :cool:

The AT&T store on on Bryant Irving didn't really care when the line started. When I got there back in 2008, there was a guy who was already in line for 24 hours. :eek:

Off topic: Illusion86, Former Chilihead here! #1265, Mineral Wells, TX. :D

rtgc2003
Jun 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
What happens if you want to go to the bathroom.. HAHAHA Can you and will they hold ur spot ????? jUST WONDERING SEEMS ITS GOING TO BE CRAZY NEXT WEEK

Illusion86
Jun 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
The AT&T store on on Bryant Irving didn't really care when the line started. When I got there back in 2008, there was a guy who was already in line for 24 hours. :eek:

Off topic: Illusion86, Former Chilihead here! #1265, Mineral Wells, TX. :D

Haha, i tried to pre order the phone at the AT&T off camp Bowie, but they said i couldn't use cash or debit card. So i went to apple. Seems like. I made the right choice because they are going to have 55 people working all day there! That means quick in and out :D I got to the AT&T store in 2008 at around 3 am and there were around 20 people in front of me!

I've worked for chilis now 6 years strong haha

rtgc2003
Jun 18, 2010, 09:21 PM
So you cant pay with cash or Debit at ATT or just reserve???

Illusion86
Jun 18, 2010, 09:21 PM
What happens if you want to go to the bathroom.. HAHAHA Can you and will they hold ur spot ????? jUST WONDERING SEEMS ITS GOING TO BE CRAZY NEXT WEEK

Haha usually everyones pretty cool! Had no problems running to the gas station last time :p

Illusion86
Jun 18, 2010, 09:22 PM

Pretty sure u can pay for it with any form of payment. Just couldn't pre order with cash or debit. Don't know why though

rtgc2003
Jun 18, 2010, 09:25 PM
Ok thanks... Wanted to go to the APPLE store but heard they have problems when it comes upgrading a line on a family plan..

hcoteen2008
Jun 18, 2010, 10:07 PM

I originally pre-ordered online through AT&T Premier with my Chase Visa Debit card and it went through. I canceled my order though because the Premier Customer Support told me that my phone will be shipping after the 24th.

drumpat01
Jun 19, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm glad to see this little thread has taken off. I was hoping more than 3 of us would be on these forums. See you all there!!

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 10:14 AM
I'm glad to see this little thread has taken off. I was hoping more than 3 of us would be on these forums. See you all there!!

I'm sure there is going to be a lot of people at the fort worth apple store. So what time are you guys really going to arrive?

mb2008
Jun 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
Wanted to go to the APPLE store but heard they have problems when it comes upgrading a line on a family plan..

No, I have done this every year at the Apple store, but I am the primary account holder, I've witnessed customers be turned away unless the primary account holder is with them. If you want to do an upgrade switching lines on a family plan, you can still buy the phone at Apple, then go to the ATT store and switch the lines, I've done that, too. ATT isn't very busy after they run out of phones! Caveat: they may charge you an extra $18 bucks.

For instance, 3G launch I had four lines, bought 2 phones on my upgrade eligible lines and activated at Apple. Went across the street to ATT, switched one of the new phones to a different line.

You guys have fun storming the castle, I'll be at Southlake.

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 12:56 PM
So what time is everyone arriving?

rtgc2003
Jun 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
Im going to the ATT store im going around 3-4 am...

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 01:00 PM
Im going to the ATT store im going around 3-4 am...

I think im going to head up there at around 11.

rtgc2003
Jun 19, 2010, 01:07 PM
im go check around 11-12 if i dont see alot of people im go tell 3-4.. Since i think alot of people want white iPhone and those aint ava yet .. Are you going to the Apple store or ATT store...

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 01:17 PM
im go check around 11-12 if i dont see alot of people im go tell 3-4.. Since i think alot of people want white iPhone and those aint ava yet .. Are you going to the Apple store or ATT store...

I'm going to the apple store on university, I'll have my iPhone with already installed ios4. And my iPad to entertain me :)

Where are u going?

rtgc2003
Jun 19, 2010, 01:20 PM
ATT store on HULEN .. Since some people said I might have problems using another lines upgrade at the APPLE store also ATT recommends I go to a ATT store.. I wont have my iPHONE sold it to get the new iPhone haha .. Just going to be bored for a couple of hours hahah !!!

rtgc2003
Jun 19, 2010, 01:27 PM
i would show up early only thing is im worried what if i need to go pee haha .. Can i leave and someone hold my spot.. HAHAH thats the only problem im worrying about hahah ..

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 01:39 PM
ATT store on HULEN .. Since some people said I might have problems using another lines upgrade at the APPLE store also ATT recommends I go to a ATT store.. I wont have my iPHONE sold it to get the new iPhone haha .. Just going to be bored for a couple of hours hahah !!!

Is that the AT&T store by marvins?

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 01:40 PM
i will be cheking it out when i get there from class like i said above, but probably return at 8 when the store closes like the other guy said

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 01:42 PM
i will be cheking it out when i get there from class like i said above, but probably return at 8 when the store closes like the other guy said

Did you pre order one?
And your talking about the apple store on university right?
Ya they told me to get in line at 8pm, when they close.

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 01:46 PM
yeah illusion, i've reserved it at the university parks store. i'll probably check around 4 or so.

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 01:50 PM
yeah illusion, i've reserved it at the university parks store. i'll probably check around 4 or so.

I pre ordered it as well there, and I will be there around 11. Gonna go by before they close, and see where the reserved line is going to be. Then I'll come back later.

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 01:57 PM
ha sweet, you want to save each other spots?

Mr. Chewbacca
Jun 19, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm meeting some friends from my UTA days (late 90's) at Fuzzys for tacos then were hitting up some of the area bars. After thats done were setting up camp at the UP store, play a few games, maybe watch a movie on the iPad.

If you see me out there come up and say hi. I'm easy to spot, 6'8" 300+lbs with blonde hair.

If you want to meet up with us for dinner / drinks PM me and I'll send you my #

See ya there!!
Dave

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 02:05 PM
ha sweet, you want to save each other spots?

I'm gonna have my brother and mom and dad there as well, but ur more than welcome to join us! My dad will be in the first come first serve line.

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 02:07 PM
I'm meeting some friends from my UTA days (late 90's) at Fuzzys for tacos then were hitting up some of the area bars. After thats done were setting up camp at the UP store, play a few games, maybe watch a movie on the iPad.

If you see me out there come up and say hi. I'm easy to spot, 6'8" 300+lbs with blonde hair.

See ya there!!
Dave

We wee talking about going to blue mesa before, have a couple drinks there

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 02:07 PM
ha send it to me, fuzzy's would be GREAT!!!!

rtgc2003
Jun 19, 2010, 02:13 PM
Is that the AT&T store by marvins?

Yea thats the one ...

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 05:49 PM
Who already has ios4 installed on there iPhone?
And what do u guys think? I love the multitasking :)
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy241/illusion86/0d9fce50.jpg

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 08:19 PM
oh the multi tasking is incredible!!!! i can't wait til all the appls get updated so then it really takes off, but you have to watch out for how man apps you have open!!

oh and folders is amazing, because it puts everything within like 2 pages

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 09:11 PM
oh the multi tasking is incredible!!!! i can't wait til all the appls get updated so then it really takes off, but you have to watch out for how man apps you have open!!

oh and folders is amazing, because it puts everything within like 2 pages

Yah can't have 6 things running at the same time or it's super laggy lol

hcoteen2008
Jun 19, 2010, 10:22 PM
Yah can't have 6 things running at the same time or it's super laggy lol

Can't wait for iOS 4 on my new iPhone 4 and the laggy part will be gone. I'm running iOS 4 on my iPhone 3GS and it starts to get laggy after 7 or 8.

drumpat01
Jun 19, 2010, 10:42 PM
I'll be there at about 6:45am... but I wont be in line ;) "cough""cough"

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 10:51 PM
Lol what's that supposed to mean??

drumpat01
Jun 19, 2010, 10:57 PM
Oh you'll see me... through the glass!

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 11:10 PM
Oh cool!! You work at the apple store? Is it fun?

drumpat01
Jun 19, 2010, 11:34 PM
It's very stressful but on launch days it's so worth it. Launch days are one of the reasons why we work at apple. It's what we live for. The reason we stay.

bassrocker204
Jun 19, 2010, 11:53 PM
wonderful!! i've always wanted to work there

i do have a few questions though, can we pay with cash? and is it true we aren't allowed to start the line until 8pm the night before (when the store closes)? and are there outlets outside the store say for macbook pro's and iphone's to stay charged all night

drumpat01
Jun 20, 2010, 12:04 AM
wonderful!! i've always wanted to work there

i do have a few questions though, can we pay with cash? and is it true we aren't allowed to start the line until 8pm the night before (when the store closes)? and are there outlets outside the store say for macbook pro's and iphone's to stay charged all night

As far as I know, you would be better off with no cash. Apple hasn't taken cash in a long time for iPhones. The work around in the store was usually to go put it on a gift card and swipe the card, but for launches we almost never take cash. Please try to not have cash.

I'll get back to you on the 8pm the night before thing. I don't know.

No outlets that I know of.

bassrocker204
Jun 20, 2010, 12:08 AM
thanks so much, i wasn't going to use cash, but just put it on my debit card
can't wait to see everyone at the launch!!!

Illusion86
Jun 20, 2010, 03:14 PM
thanks so much, i wasn't going to use cash, but just put it on my debit card
can't wait to see everyone at the launch!!!

I was told by them that the line's couldn't start forming until the closed for business on the 23rd. Last time i was there, yesterday, i did not see any outlets outside of the place. Hopefully my ipad and iphone battery stay nice and charged. I will be using my ipad to talk on this forum and post pictures of the lines outside :)

I will be arriving with my 5 family members at 8pm, need 2 iphone 4's not preordered. So half of us will be in the preorder line and the other will be in the other line.

Should be fun storming the castle, dont remember who said that earlier but i like it :)

hcoteen2008
Jun 20, 2010, 03:43 PM
So, there's going to be 2 lines at the Apple Store? I have mine reserved but I'm going later in the day like 3 pm. Will there still be a line for it?

bassrocker204
Jun 20, 2010, 04:08 PM
probably not by then, the line is mainly for like when the store first opens

Illusion86
Jun 20, 2010, 04:22 PM
By 3pm there will deff not be a pre order line, but im sure the store will be busy from open to close, I def wanna go early because im sure that apple will sell out of cases in like an hour. Might even buy a few extra and put em up on ebay.

drumpat01
Jun 20, 2010, 04:28 PM
during the 3gs launch there was a line for a month. Yes you heard me right, a MONTH. I was there. I saw it. Everyday. So don't expect to get there at 3 and there be no line. The bigger question is, will we be sold out of non-preorder phones?

Illusion86
Jun 20, 2010, 04:50 PM
More than likely what will happen, is that apple will receive the phones from April (the fed ex driver) on wed morning. She's one of my regulars at chilis, she told me that she was going to have armed guards with her when she delivers them! But said it would be wed. They will know how many pre orders there was, and they will know how many available ones there will be. They will keep a count of the line at 5 am when they arrive, if the lines longer than the number of phones they have they will send people away or tell them they can pre order online. That's how it was at the 3GS release, and that's what angie (one of my friends that work at that apple store)

Hope it goes according to plan, it never does though! Lol

Guess i will be seeing all of you there :)

wilymon
Jun 20, 2010, 05:20 PM
during the 3gs launch there was a line for a month. Yes you heard me right, a MONTH. I was there. I saw it. Everyday. So don't expect to get there at 3 and there be no line. The bigger question is, will we be sold out of non-preorder phones?

what's the line-up policy? a guy in this thread said we wouldnt be allowed to line up before 8pm on the 23rd, is this true? also, you wouldn't happen to know anything about how many yall are getting in, would ya?

wdog119
Jun 20, 2010, 05:25 PM

See ya there!!
Dave

DU DAVE?! Hey brother! I hope this is you! Ill be there probably around 4-5. Ill keep an eye out for ya. I'm 6'2' and a ginger! Hard to miss!

Does anyone think that the pre-orders possibly got messed up. I got the email but I'm afraid that I'm going get there and wait in line then have them tell me that I can't get my phone. I guess I won't find out till Thursday morning.

Are y'all buying the "bumper" or waiting for another case?

Is anyone with a pre-order lining up?

-Winston (Arlington DU)

wilymon
Jun 20, 2010, 05:54 PM

If the Apple store has more than just black bumpers, i'll get one.

Illusion86
Jun 20, 2010, 05:59 PM
DU DAVE?! Hey brother! I hope this is you! Ill be there probably around 4-5. Ill keep an eye out for ya. I'm 6'2' and a ginger! Hard to miss!

Does anyone think that the pre-orders possibly got messed up. I got the email but I'm afraid that I'm going get there and wait in line then have them tell me that I can't get my phone. I guess I won't find out till Thursday morning.

Is anyone with a pre-order lining up?

-Winston (Arlington DU)

I'm gonna be there at 8pm. With 5 people. Were going to blue Mesa prior!

Illusion86
Jun 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
If the Apple store has more than just black bumpers, i'll get one.

I'm gonna def buy a bumper until something better comes out, gotta protect it somehow!

drumpat01
Jun 20, 2010, 07:28 PM
we don't know exact numbers of phones until they show up at the store. I do know that as you would expect, if you preordered a phone, you are guaranteed a phone will be there with your name on it for 24 hours. I didn't work today so I don't know the line policy yet. I'll try to find out details tomorrow.

HylianKing
Jun 20, 2010, 08:57 PM
Yay, I'm happy to see some local people on MacRumors. I'll probably be there around 3 or 4am. Tomorrow I get to see if I get a half day or a the whole day off from work. There is no way I am missing out on this awesome event!

Since there are a few of us that will have their iPads with them, any ideas on what multiplayer games to play while we wait? I have a few, including Scrabble and Real Racing.

Illusion86
Jun 20, 2010, 09:02 PM
Yay, I'm happy to see some local people on MacRumors. I'll probably be there around 3 or 4am. Tomorrow I get to see if I get a half day or a the whole day off from work. There is no way I am missing out on this awesome event!

Since there are a few of us that will have their iPads with them, any ideas on what multiplayer games to play while we wait? I have a few, including Scrabble and Real Racing.

I have installulous, so I can download any game for free! But I'd love to play some multiplayer!

bassrocker204
Jun 20, 2010, 09:39 PM
can someone please tell me if a line starts forming there? im all the way in waco until wednesday afternoon so i can't check myself. and i hope drumpat01 can get all the info we need tomorrow

Illusion86
Jun 20, 2010, 11:32 PM
can someone please tell me if a line starts forming there? im all the way in waco until wednesday afternoon so i can't check myself. and i hope drumpat01 can get all the info we need tomorrow

I will text u if u want me too. I work at chilis across the street, I will be there everyday until launch.

bassrocker204
Jun 21, 2010, 01:53 AM
okay cool, i sent you my number

wdog119
Jun 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna be there at 8pm. With 5 people. Were going to blue Mesa prior!

Are you going with dtboice?

What yall think? Total cluster-F or launch day is gonna run smoothly?

drumpat01
Jun 21, 2010, 02:07 PM
I can confirm Bo linesunrul wed night at close. Property managers rules, not apples.

bassrocker204
Jun 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks drumpat!!!

Illusion86
Jun 21, 2010, 03:37 PM
I can confirm Bo linesunrul wed night at close. Property managers rules, not apples.

Susan the property manager is a bitch, she will probably be there. I will hangout with whoever goes up there early! It's gonna be boring anyway.

rtgc2003
Jun 21, 2010, 04:23 PM
Almost time to get in line.. HA HA HA ... Man if when i get there and lines are super crazy .. I think im going to wait a month,but really need my iPhone.

bassrocker204
Jun 21, 2010, 04:29 PM
oh im right there with you illusion, lol get there before 8 and just wait for close

wilymon
Jun 21, 2010, 06:11 PM

Thanks dude! A few more questions:

1.) When people start lining up, will there be designated reservation/non-reservation lines or is it one line that gets separated in the morning?

2.) I read somewhere that some Apple stores were letting people in "two reservations for one walk-in". Are yall doing anything like this, or is the reservations line going first, followed by us stragglers?

3.) Do you know anything about your inventory yet?

4.) The phone gets activated in the store, right? Does our info from our old iPhone (texts, contacts, apps, etc) get transferred over at the store or do I do that when I get home from an iTunes backup?

wdog119
Jun 21, 2010, 06:30 PM
4.) The phone gets activated in the store, right? Does our info from our old iPhone (texts, contacts, apps, etc) get transferred over at the store or do I do that when I get home from an iTunes backup?

Good question, my 3G is jailbroken. I wonder if the Apple employees are going to freak out if they find out? Anyone had previous experience with this?

rtgc2003
Jun 21, 2010, 07:06 PM
Ohh I wont be planning on arriving tell around 3-4 am.. Im going to a ATT STORE !!

drumpat01
Jun 21, 2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks dude! A few more questions:

1.) When people start lining up, will there be designated reservation/non-reservation lines or is it one line that gets separated in the morning?

2.) I read somewhere that some Apple stores were letting people in "two reservations for one walk-in". Are yall doing anything like this, or is the reservations line going first, followed by us stragglers?

3.) Do you know anything about your inventory yet?

1. Yes there will be a non reserve and a reserve line.

2. I've never heard anything about that. Probably a store by store senario and not a company wide order.

3. As per the email you were sent, we have phones for everyone who pre-ordered plus walk-ins.

4. Yes the phone is activated in the store just like any other day you were to buy an iphone. The only thing we can transfer in store is contacts. Everything else needs to be backed up/sync'd to your computer and transferred by your self at home. We don't have the ability (or are allowed to due to privacy concerns) transfer anything else besides contacts. You of course keep your old phone so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

AppleFetish
Jun 21, 2010, 11:00 PM
I will text u if u want me too. I work at chilis across the street, I will be there everyday until launch.

is there any way for you to contact or email me with updates on the university park line on wed night?? that is the location u work near right?? This is my 1st launch and judging by the posts, im starting to wish i sent my phone to my house... im 7mons prego and WAS NOT expecting this much of crowd that early :confused:

AppleFetish
Jun 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
1. Yes there will be a non reserve and a reserve line.

are you at the university park location?? do you know how many rep will be working at your store that morning?? #NERVOUS

Illusion86
Jun 21, 2010, 11:08 PM
are you at the university park location?? do you know how many rep will be working at your store that morning?? #NERVOUS

Yah I can text u as well, I will be there.
There WILL be 2 lines.

AppleFetish
Jun 21, 2010, 11:12 PM
Yah I can text u as well, I will be there.
There WILL be 2 lines.

ok thats great! :) how can i send you my info?? (sorry 1st time using a forum too)

Illusion86
Jun 21, 2010, 11:15 PM
ok thats great! :) how can i send you my info?? (sorry 1st time using a forum too)

At the top right there is a private message button. Send it there :cool:

Did you reserve one or you in the non reserve line?

AppleFetish
Jun 21, 2010, 11:18 PM
At the top right there is a private message button. Send it there :cool:

Did you reserve one or you in the non reserve line?

oh u better believe i reserved mine!! lol I was up at 530am on the 15th!! i thought i was being clever by reserving it for pickup bc if i preordered it wouldnt be shipped until the 24th meaning id have to wait! but to my surprise.. had i pre ordered that morning, it wouldve been delivered to my house on the 24th :eek: this will NEVER happen again

Illusion86
Jun 21, 2010, 11:20 PM
oh u better believe i reserved mine!! lol I was up at 530am on the 15th!! i thought i was being clever by reserving it for pickup bc if i preordered it wouldnt be shipped until the 24th meaning id have to wait! but to my surprise.. had i pre ordered that morning, it wouldve been delivered to my house on the 24th :eek: this will NEVER happen again

Haha oh well, I'm so excited about this damn phone! So excited I'm going to wait 11 hours outside lol

AppleFetish
Jun 21, 2010, 11:28 PM
Haha oh well, I'm so excited about this damn phone! So excited I'm going to wait 11 hours outside lol

lol i wish i had that enthusiasm!! I sold my beautiful white 3gs on friday so i had to down grade to a go phone :mad: just so i can buy this iphone 4 before my upgrade date next yr!! This go phone is making me miserable!! So at this point there is no turning back lol

now where is this darn private msg button?? i swear i dont see it lol

bassrocker204
Jun 21, 2010, 11:28 PM
i know!!! im a little sad that an accident is going to make me wait in a different line from y'all all night though!! and applefetish, if you show up at 8 you can chill with us all night, it'll be awesome

bassrocker204
Jun 21, 2010, 11:29 PM
top right under the main macrumors banner

Illusion86
Jun 21, 2010, 11:31 PM
Oh and just so you guys know, I went by the apple store earlier and there was nobody waiting in line ;)

AppleFetish
Jun 21, 2010, 11:32 PM
i know!!! im a little sad that an accident is going to make me wait in a different line from y'all all night though!! and applefetish, if you show up at 8 you can chill with us all night, it'll be awesome

lol its sooo tempting, i dont get off til 9 and i knowww im gonna be pooped! where do u guys get this energy lol

Illusion86
Jun 21, 2010, 11:39 PM
lol its sooo tempting, i dont get off til 9 and i knowww im gonna be pooped! where do u guys get this energy lol

Here just text me.
And hurry so i an delete my info lol

bassrocker204
Jun 21, 2010, 11:43 PM
haha we just have it, but you can still come by, bring a lawn chair and relax and have fun!!! its an iPhone Launch!!!!! :D

drumpat01
Jun 21, 2010, 11:52 PM

The only thing i can tell you about staffing is that its an all hands on deck day. We've been hiring a lot of people lately so I honestly don't know anymore how many employees we have.

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 12:00 AM
The only thing i can tell you about staffing is that its an all hands on deck day. We've been hiring a lot of people lately so I honestly don't know anymore how many employees we have.

alrighty then... thank you

Abyssgh0st
Jun 22, 2010, 11:35 AM
Well, I've caved and will be going to University Park around 12 AM on Thursday morning. I'm hoping that a white iPhone 4 is available (since apparently some Walmarts are getting 1-2), but worse case I'll be getting a black one. I'm about 5'10" with sorta long blonde hair, and I'll be wearing and black Apple shirt. See you guys there!

hcoteen2008
Jun 22, 2010, 11:40 AM
4. Yes the phone is activated in the store just like any other day you were to buy an iphone. The only thing we can transfer in store is contacts. Everything else needs to be backed up/sync'd to your computer and transferred by your self at home. We don't have the ability (or are allowed to due to privacy concerns) transfer anything else besides contacts. You of course keep your old phone so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

This is assuming that the Apple servers and the AT&T servers don't crash, right?

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 11:40 AM
haha idk if they will, cause it wasn't even available to reserve.... but im assuming your a guy?

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 12:35 PM
Well, I've caved and will be going to University Park around 12 AM on Thursday morning. I'm hoping that a white iPhone 4 is available (since apparently some Walmarts are getting 1-2), but worse case I'll be getting a black one. I'm about 5'10" with sorta long blonde hair, and I'll be wearing and black Apple shirt. See you guys there!

Walmart will have 2 white ones?? oh i find that hard to believe.. a friend of mine from plano told me that his walmart location slipped and told him they will only have 5 black ones, so id be VERY surprised if they will carry white. Is there anyone who works for apple that'll comfirm wrether any white phones will be in the shipment??:confused:

thesmileman
Jun 22, 2010, 01:16 PM
Can I get my current t-mobile number switched over to my new phone in the apple store? Obviously I will be getting att for service just don't want to lose my number.

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 02:12 PM
Can I get my current t-mobile number switched over to my new phone in the apple store? Obviously I will be getting att for service just don't want to lose my number.

Per the reminder email I recieved, yes. It says to bring your phone number from and account info from your current carrier to switch over your phone number

rtgc2003
Jun 22, 2010, 03:07 PM
Damn just heard att wont take no walk ins on the 24 .. Till the 29 really damn.. Guess the apple stores are gonna be crazy .... Guess ill just wait damn..

thesmileman
Jun 22, 2010, 03:11 PM
Per the reminder email I recieved, yes. It says to bring your phone number from and account info from your current carrier to switch over your phone number

sweet! Thanks for the info!

rtgc2003
Jun 22, 2010, 03:13 PM
does anybody know if bestbuy will be opening up early on the 24 .. Cause im gonna try to avoid the apple store .. since i was planning on going around 3-4 lines at the apple store are gonna be double..

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
Drumpat, can you tell me if we come in is it one per person or can I get two (one for me and one for my dad)? And how long should it take from walk in to walk out, and can we just buy the phone and leave to save time?

thesmileman
Jun 22, 2010, 03:35 PM
Drumpat, can you tell me if we come in is it one per person or can I get two (one for me and one for my dad)? And how long should it take from walk in to walk out, and can we just buy the phone and leave to save time?

After your question I called the stonebriar mall where I am planning on going to get mine and they said I can only get 1. Which is BS because ever other event it has been 2 per person.

Edit: Just call the Knox Street store in Dallas and they confirmed there store will let you have 2 so maybe the people at Stonebriar are just been mean.

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 05:11 PM
OK, so im still wondering if there is any way to confirm shipment of the white phones tomorrow?? And if so, will we be able to choose the white one? it would only make since seeing as how there was no way to reserve one!!

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 05:11 PM
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy241/illusion86/th_1fe40e4e.jpg (http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/yy241/illusion86/?action=view&current=1fe40e4e.jpg)

Went by and made sure nobody was in line :apple:
:D

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 05:16 PM
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy241/illusion86/th_1fe40e4e.jpg (http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/yy241/illusion86/?action=view&current=1fe40e4e.jpg)

Went by and made sure nobody was in line :apple:
:D

lol good lookin out buddy!!

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 05:18 PM
You know it!

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 05:20 PM
You know it!

are you buying a bumper? i wonder how many theyll have instock??

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah im getting one!! Idk what color to get though, And why do you want a white one applefetish? I think they aren't as good looking as they could be.

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'm for sure getting a bumper or case of some kind.
I don't know what color though

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 05:50 PM
Oh yeah im getting one!! Idk what color to get though, And why do you want a white one applefetish? I think they aren't as good looking as they could be.

id like the white one because it doesnt look like your traditional phone... black phones are sooo boring

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 05:53 PM
i can see that, yeah white would be a good one, but idk just the white is somehow aesthetically unappealing to me

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 06:02 PM
yea i feel ya!! looks like we'll all be settling for the same color on game day anyway...smh!! D*mn u APPLE!

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 06:04 PM
RANDOM THOUHGT

I cant wait until this is over!! Sheeeesh

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 06:07 PM
So im sure u all heard about AT&T not having iPhones on launch, so that's gonna make this apple store so much busier.

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 06:17 PM
oh god yeah, :( that means swashbuckling for me against all those behind me in line!!!!!!

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 06:22 PM
Atleast we will be there early!

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 06:37 PM
So im sure u all heard about AT&T not having iPhones on launch, so that's gonna make this apple store so much busier.

But thats for those who are walk in's right?! the Fort Worth location reserved 1300, i confirmed! So if your not in that 1300, we'll see ya in the walk in line....SOWWY

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 06:59 PM
Busier in general, and hey! Mine accidentally got canceled applefetish!! :P

Abyssgh0st
Jun 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks so much for posting a picture of the store; apparently Southlake already has ~8 people. :eek:

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 07:12 PM
Busier in general, and hey! Mine accidentally got canceled applefetish!! :P

WHAT?! what are you gonna do??

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks so much for posting a picture of the store; apparently Southlake already has ~8 people. :eek:

Damn 8 people? That's insane!

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 07:43 PM
Im just going to wait in the first-come line, I need to get my dad one too now so it all worked out :) I hope I get to meet all of you out there!!!!

Abyssgh0st
Jun 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
Damn 8 people? That's insane!

Over 10 now..

wdog119
Jun 22, 2010, 08:18 PM
Over 10 now..

I was just there today, my roommate got his macbook pro screen replaced. We got it home and the wifi/bluetooth is not working. I'm glad I'm going to University Park!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1413/4725588727_58cca75383_b.jpg

AppleFetish
Jun 22, 2010, 08:35 PM
Im Getting Nervous!! Praying University Park Isnt To Crazy!! Yiiiikes!!!

hcoteen2008
Jun 22, 2010, 08:50 PM
Same here, but I'm going at like 2 or 3 pm. Yay for reservation. :). I wonder if drumpat01 knows if they're getting any white ones.

wdog119
Jun 22, 2010, 09:02 PM
Same here, but I'm going at like 2 or 3 pm. Yay for reservation. :). I wonder if drumpat01 knows if they're getting any white ones.

I don't think anyone is getting white ones. If they do I can see some people being very upset. I'm also getting nervous. Now that I think about that picture I took at SouthLake I wonder if those were 2 separate lines on each side of the door. The pre-order line and the first-come-first-serve line.

Hmmmm?

bassrocker204
Jun 22, 2010, 09:09 PM
it seems like it, and im like 99% positive they won't have white ones, wasn't there a manufacturing problem with the white one's anyway? and im so glad i talked with the apple store today and found out you can purchase more than one phone :)

drumpat01
Jun 22, 2010, 09:29 PM
Hey guys. More answers to questions for you.

Yes they will have 2 lines. The land lord isn't allowing people to line up yet or else we would have lines by now. You can't line up until close, 8pm, wednesday night. Now if it doesn't look like your lining up, then how will they know ;)

We have no idea about white phones until we open the boxes on thursday. There is just no way to know and anyone who does know would certainly be fired for saying so on a forum.

I was told 2 phones per customer. That sounds about right seeing on how they even let you buy 2 iPads per customer on iPad launch.

Can't confirm pre order numbers but it was hundreds more than southlake.

hcoteen2008
Jun 22, 2010, 09:41 PM

Yes they will have 2 lines. The land lord isn't allowing people to line up yet or else we would have lines by now. You can't line up until close, 8pm, wednesday night. Now if it doesn't look like your lining up, then how will they know ;)

We have no idea about white phones until we open the boxes on thursday. There is just no way to know and anyone who does know would certainly be fired for saying so on a forum.

I was told 2 phones per customer. That sounds about right seeing on how they even let you buy 2 iPads per customer on iPad launch.

I have someone coming with me on Thursday; I have a reserved iPhone 4 and he doesn't. Since we can get two iPhones per customer, can he get an iPhone as well even though we're not on the same plan.

wdog119
Jun 22, 2010, 09:58 PM
I have someone coming with me on Thursday; I have a reserved iPhone 4 and he doesn't. Since we can get two iPhones per customer, can he get an iPhone as well even though we're not on the same plan.

You think that will work? Or would they just say "sorry you only reserved one"?

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 10:32 PM
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy241/illusion86/th_375c57bd.jpg (http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/yy241/illusion86/?action=view&current=375c57bd.jpg)

drumpat01
Jun 22, 2010, 10:47 PM
he needs to be in his line. It's not fair for everyone else if you cheat the system like that. If you bought his phone for him, that would be one thing. But using the reserve line for your buddy to cut in front of others is not cool.

hcoteen2008
Jun 22, 2010, 11:01 PM
he needs to be in his line. It's not fair for everyone else if you cheat the system like that. If you bought his phone for him, that would be one thing. But using the reserve line for your buddy to cut in front of others is not cool.

Thanks for the clarification. If I stand with him in his line, can I get my phone when he comes up?

Illusion86
Jun 22, 2010, 11:57 PM
I cant wait till tomorrow night! Gonna be fun :) see u guys there at 8!

Abyssgh0st
Jun 23, 2010, 12:28 AM

Thank you so much! You have been a huge help. What do you look like? I'd love to say hi to you Thursday morning. Also, any idea what time you will know Thursday morning regarding the White iPhone 4's?

drumpat01
Jun 23, 2010, 06:15 AM
ill be getting there at like 6:45 so I'll know then if we have any white phones. Of course by that time you'll probably know too simply by just asking some of the other employees who get there before me.

Abyssgh0st
Jun 23, 2010, 08:49 AM
ill be getting there at like 6:45 so I'll know then if we have any white phones. Of course by that time you'll probably know too simply by just asking some of the other employees who get there before me.

Alrightie thanks.. Got my fingers crossed!

drumpat01
Jun 23, 2010, 08:51 AM
We now have our first camper. He showed up this morning. Manager said we (apple) wont make him move but we'll see if the property manager makes him leave and come back. But I guess if enough of you show up you can stay :)

bassrocker204
Jun 23, 2010, 09:10 AM
not cool!!! well is he in the reserved or the first come line?

wdog119
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 AM
How are y'all doing the lines? Are they going to be on two different sides? And will the reserved line be helped first?

hcoteen2008
Jun 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
How are y'all doing the lines? Are they going to be on two different sides? And will the reserved line be helped first?

There's going to be two different lines. But for the second part of the question, I do not know the answer.

cdluslby1
Jun 23, 2010, 10:44 AM
I'm planning on heading up there here in a little bit and hanging around that outlet mall just in case a line starts forming, i've heard they won't allow lines until they close... but I will def jump in line at 8 sharp...maybe 7:50 ;)

cdluslby1
Jun 23, 2010, 10:57 AM
YAY i can't wait~

AppleFetish
Jun 23, 2010, 12:52 PM
i was told theres already line at University Park... WE'RE DOOOMED!!:eek:

wdog119
Jun 23, 2010, 01:32 PM
i was told theres already line at University Park... WE'RE DOOOMED!!:eek:

Yeah but the ppl that reserved shouldn't have to worry.

I still don't know if I'm going to get the Bumper yet. I want a case. But that rubber ring just doesn't sound like enough.

drumpat01
Jun 23, 2010, 01:39 PM
For those of you in line already, or who are about to go get in line, the tomorrow the way we are letting people in is 10:1. So for every 10 reserved people in line we will let 1 non reserve in.

AppleFetish
Jun 23, 2010, 02:02 PM
For those of you in line already, or who are about to go get in line, the tomorrow the way we are letting people in is 10:1. So for every 10 reserved people in line we will let 1 non reserve in.

so this 10:1 thing: does that mean that instead of ALL reserved ppl being assisted 1st, theyll be helping 10 reserved, then 1 non reserved, and so on thru out the whole day??

hope thats not a dumb question i just want to clearify..

Abyssgh0st
Jun 23, 2010, 03:13 PM

I thought you said no line until closing today?

wdog119
Jun 23, 2010, 03:30 PM
I thought you said no line until closing today?

I guess they let ppl start. Haha anyone know if both lines have started?

AppleFetish
Jun 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
10 ppl in the reserved line!!! WE! ARE! SCREWED!!!!!!!!!

Neophyte2010
Jun 23, 2010, 03:48 PM
Yikes! I'll be there but probably around 3am. Feel free to stop by to say wuddup! This be me (minus the mean face!):
http://www.arkitypemedia.net/images/Brandon.jpg

bassrocker204
Jun 23, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know im in line, 26th in the non-reserved line. About 10-15 or so in the reserved right now.

Neophyte2010
Jun 23, 2010, 04:30 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know im in line, 26th in the non-reserved line. About 10-15 or so in the reserved right now.

Thanks for the updates, bassrocker204!

cdluslby1
Jun 23, 2010, 04:37 PM
There's 12 people in the reserves lone, I'm 7th :). It's gonna be a long night! Come join is! :P

wdog119
Jun 23, 2010, 05:06 PM
I'm thinking about it. The gf promised she'd wait with me (shes a keeper) but thats when I told her i was thinking of 4am...now I'm thinking maybe 10pm.

Should I do it?!:confused::eek::eek::D

rfs2005
Jun 23, 2010, 05:13 PM
I wonder how many phones they'll have for those that didn't make a reservation...

I'm about to head over there right now. It's gonna be a long night!

cdluslby1
Jun 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
Do it!!! There's about 15 people in the reserved line and way waaay more in the walk-INS line.

cdluslby1
Jun 23, 2010, 05:37 PM
58 in the walk-INS line now...

Illusion86
Jun 23, 2010, 05:46 PM
Im like 15th in line of he reserve line, about 25 in the reserve line now.
And there was a car accident in the parking lot!

drumpat01
Jun 23, 2010, 06:55 PM
yea i heard the car crash from the Genius Bar. LOUD!! Hope everyone was ok. Hey Illusion, where exactly are you inline? I'll say hi when I get to work tomorrow at about 6:30am

AppleFetish
Jun 23, 2010, 07:03 PM
:mad:OK THATS IT!! looks like ill be there at midnight.. I'll be the prego lady dragging her grouchy boyfriend by the collar lol he's gonna be so mad when i tell him we're going earlier He thinks im crazy lol! Trying to avoid being in the sun too long tomorrow..wheeew

HylianKing
Jun 23, 2010, 07:34 PM
Ok peeps, I'm in line right now. I'm wearing a rosie the riveter nintendo shirt. Can't wait until the morning!

cdluslby1
Jun 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm 7th in the reservation line in the red chair! Feel free to say hi guys!

rtgc2003
Jun 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
How many are in the non reserve line .. Wont even try to make it around 4 am .. the lines are going to be crazy .. Is there even going to be phones for non reserve people ..

Illusion86
Jun 23, 2010, 08:08 PM
yea i heard the car crash from the Genius Bar. LOUD!! Hope everyone was ok. Hey Illusion, where exactly are you inline? I'll say hi when I get to work tomorrow at about 6:30am

In a black shirt right behind the first tree :)

Illusion86
Jun 23, 2010, 08:10 PM
I'm 7th in the reservation line in the red chair! Feel free to say hi guys!

Im right beside you in the black shirt eating whataburger lol

Abyssgh0st
Jun 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
I'm right behind the store in a grey shirt.. You probably saw me walking in, I was the guy with the grey beanie and a white cooler! Come say hi anybody!

Illusion86
Jun 23, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm right behind the store in a grey shirt.. You probably saw me walking in, I was the guy with the grey beanie and a white cooler! Come say hi anybody!

Behind the store?

wdog119
Jun 23, 2010, 08:35 PM
Yall are making me want to do it!

Where's the reserve line?

drumpat01
Jun 23, 2010, 08:47 PM
hey you guys post pics. I want to be able to show them to my coworkers not to mention just live vicariously through you :)

Abyssgh0st
Jun 23, 2010, 09:02 PM
Behind the store?

Yep! Near the staples parking lot, about 15 feet away from the guys with the TV setup.

LAK3RS
Jun 23, 2010, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking about heading up there in a bit. Would it still be worth it to go up there even with out a reserve? Is the line to long? I drove by there a bit ago, and there seemed to be around 50 or so people in the non-reserve line.

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 09:59 PM
Edit: sorry wrong thread

Abyssgh0st
Jun 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
I'm thinking about heading up there in a bit. Would it still be worth it to go up there even with out a reserve? Is the line to long? I drove by there a bit ago, and there seemed to be around 50 or so people in the non-reserve line.

If you come soon, yes. I'm like 70th and I got here at 7. Now there's probably 90.

damitssam
Jun 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
Thank god my local mall has a 5 am no property walking policy. Its gonna be a real mad rush though.

rtgc2003
Jun 23, 2010, 10:24 PM
Damn went by the APPLE store the line is getting crazy .. Went to walmart and they only have 1 in stock and a guy is already in line haha .. The walmart employee said APPLE pulled all there stock.. That sucks.. guess ill be in line Tuesday at the att store.. How many do yall think apple will have in stock for walk-ins..

cdluslby1
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
Ugh! 10:30! Only 8.5 hrs left! Hooray! Anybody drinking in this line? I would be much easier amused with se liquor

mmomega
Jun 23, 2010, 10:42 PM
damn I was just about ready to drive up there until I read 90 or so in the walk ins.

Illusion86
Jun 23, 2010, 11:43 PM
Yep! Near the staples parking lot, about 15 feet away from the guys with the TV setup.

Did you say hi to bass rocker?

Abyssgh0st
Jun 23, 2010, 11:59 PM
Did you say hi to bass rocker?

I don't think so, what's he wearing? What about you?

Abyssgh0st
Jun 24, 2010, 12:24 AM
LOL at the sprinkler explosion fiasco.

wdog119
Jun 24, 2010, 12:57 AM
hows the reserved line? hope its not at 90...

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 01:05 AM
Hows the walkin line doing ?? what if i go around 5 i probably have no chance right haha ..

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 01:06 AM
hows the reserved line? hope its not at 90...

It's pretty damn long.

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 01:07 AM
Hows the walkin line doing ?? what if i go around 5 i probably have no chance right haha ..

If you showed up now, you probably still wouldn't have a chance...

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 01:09 AM
I don't think so, what's he wearing? What about you?

He's wearing a purple shirt and im wearing a black shirt at the front of the reservation line.

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 01:10 AM

Thanks guess ill just wait for ATT on Tuesday .. Do you know if bestbuy and Radio Shack are letting in walkins ..

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 01:18 AM
Thanks guess ill just wait for ATT on Tuesday .. Do you know if bestbuy and Radio Shack are letting in walkins ..

I heard they were NOT getting walk INS. But i guess u should call? But i guars it's too late for that huh...

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 01:20 AM
Yea i know but i meant ill just wait tell next Tuesday .. When they start selling them to walkins,

Bond Mistress
Jun 24, 2010, 01:36 AM
What does the reserved line look like? Wl anyone post a pic?

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 01:48 AM
What does the reserved line look like? Wl anyone post a pic?

The line has probably a 100 in it

Bond Mistress
Jun 24, 2010, 01:51 AM
Thanx illusion...wish apple wud change release date to oct/nov when it's cooler!

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 01:57 AM
Thanx illusion...wish apple wud change release date to oct/nov when it's cooler!

Your telling me! I've been here since 4pm!

RBSnow83
Jun 24, 2010, 02:05 AM
I'm at the wal-mart in North Richland Hills, TX - there are 9 iPhones here and only 5 in line as of 2:00.

Abyssgh0st
Jun 24, 2010, 02:06 AM
Just got IHOP, nice wasting an hour. Only 5 left.

Reserved line looks to be about 100-125. Purchases
is probably about 200 now.

Just walked by in a grey beanie, anyone see me?

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 02:13 AM
I'm at the wal-mart in North Richland Hills, TX - there are 9 iPhones here and only 5 in line as of 2:00.

What sizes are they .. Wonder if i drive all the way from west fort worth will i make it ..

Bond Mistress
Jun 24, 2010, 02:19 AM
Apple shud consider implementing a "fast pass" process similiar to the one at Disney for future releases!

RBSnow83
Jun 24, 2010, 02:22 AM
What sizes are they .. Wonder if i drive all the way from west fort worth will i make it ..

All 16GB. Nobody has joined the party since 12:45. It's the wal-mart north on precinct getting up close to Southlake.

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 02:25 AM
All 16GB. Nobody has joined the party since 12:45. It's the wal-mart north on precinct getting up close to Southlake.

U think if i go ill have a problem using another persons upgrade to get the iphone. Kinda of tempting on going .. What time does walmart electronics open

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 02:34 AM
Just got IHOP, nice wasting an hour. Only 5 left.

Reserved line looks to be about 100-125. Purchases
is probably about 200 now.

Just walked by in a grey beanie, anyone see me?

I did see u, where u with another guy?

Abyssgh0st
Jun 24, 2010, 02:38 AM
I did see u, where u with another guy?

Yep, that's my new-found line buddy. Just scoping around and trying to pass time. How goes the morale up there?

WardC
Jun 24, 2010, 02:49 AM
WHOA over 100 people there already!?!?! I live like 2 miles away and I was planning on showing up around 4am with hopes that I would FOR SURE get an iPhone walk-in. What is the deal right now? Should I head over there right now?

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 03:04 AM
WHOA over 100 people there already!?!?! I live like 2 miles away and I was planning on showing up around 4am with hopes that I would FOR SURE get an iPhone walk-in. What is the deal right now? Should I head over there right now?

Man the lines all the way around the building...

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 03:05 AM
Yep, that's my new-found line buddy. Just scoping around and trying to pass time. How goes the morale up there?

Morale is good, glad all those cops left.

WardC
Jun 24, 2010, 03:56 AM
I just got here at 3:30am and the line for walk-ins is all the way around the back of the building and down an alleyway. Since I got here, 6 more people have arrived. it's literally a madhouse here- there are probably over 300 people in line and it's not even 4am!!! Total craziness - I will keep y'all posted.

Illusion86
Jun 24, 2010, 03:59 AM
I just got here at 3:30am and the line for walk-ins is all the way around the back of the building and down an alleyway. Since I got here, 6 more people have arrived. it's literally a madhouse here- there are probably over 300 people in line and it's not even 4am!!! Total craziness - I will keep y'all posted.

Im in the first 10 or so in the reserved line! It is nuts here!

WardC
Jun 24, 2010, 04:24 AM
Im in the first 10 or so in the reserved line! It is nuts here!

you probably saw me then! I was the guy in the iMac shirt that walked by at about 3:30am...I've got about 10 more lined up behind me now in the walk in line...

WardC
Jun 24, 2010, 04:57 AM
almost 5am! about 2 hrs to go till opening. Been here an hour and a half, about 20 more people with more showing up right now...

Abyssgh0st
Jun 24, 2010, 05:18 AM
Andddddd we move. I was out like a light and freaked out when my buddies woke me up. Less than 2 hours boys!

wdog119
Jun 24, 2010, 05:40 AM
On my way boys! So pumped!! I'm the tall Ginger in a blue fraternity shirt!

WardC
Jun 24, 2010, 05:42 AM
An Apple employee just came around the line handing out water...get this: he said they had 1300 phones for the pre-reserves and just the same number (1300 phones) for walk-ins!!!!! There is hope afterall!!!! if you haven't made it here yet there is still a chance you'll get a phone afterall....come on down to the store!!

LAK3RS
Jun 24, 2010, 05:49 AM
If anyone wants to get an iPhone and not have to wait online at the Apple store, drive 20 min west to the Walmart in Hudson Oaks. There are only three of of here right now. They are going for sale at 7:00 from what they say. There are 10 iPhones from what they say, and unsure of size.

Hieu
Jun 24, 2010, 05:52 AM

Is it filled up by now? I went to the Walmart on Beach and all 7 were called for.
:(

wdog119
Jun 24, 2010, 05:56 AM
Well I'm at the very add end of the reserved line...ppl not so social down here. Wait!!! 2nd to last now!

Anyone got any estimates on how long it's gonna take per person?

Abyssgh0st
Jun 24, 2010, 06:06 AM
Heard 50:1 (reserved:non) ratio, so basically the entire reserve line will be through by 7:30-7:45. Then the non-reserves will stream in and be going until they run out of extras.

For reserves, I'd say a maximum of 5-8 minutes
per person. Non reserves I'd say 10-15 minutes, max.

WardC
Jun 24, 2010, 07:50 AM
I sure hope so...

HylianKing
Jun 24, 2010, 09:32 AM
Got my two iPhone 4's in less than 10 min. 35th in line. Good service, and awesome phones. Hope the rest get phones.

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 10:39 AM
Yall still think they have some for walkins if i got right now..

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 10:46 AM
Can someone at the APPLE store confirm is there is still iPhone ava for walkins..

txreeg
Jun 24, 2010, 11:45 AM
I just left the Fort Worth store trying to pick up my reservation on my lunch break and was told that the wait time for reservations is 5 hrs. The line wrapped around the shopping center. The line didn't even look like it was moving, maybe a problem with activating the phones. I asked an employee and they said my reservation would only be held for today and they would stay open as long as people were in line.

hcoteen2008
Jun 24, 2010, 01:20 PM
I'm sitting in front of Pottery Barn, waiting. Lol. And it's hot

txreeg
Jun 24, 2010, 01:38 PM
I'm sitting in front of Pottery Barn, waiting. Lol. And it's hot

Is the line moving at all? Any word on the current wait time? I am planning on heading up there after work around 5.

hcoteen2008
Jun 24, 2010, 01:44 PM
Is the line moving at all? Any word on the current wait time? I am planning on heading up there after work around 5.

Well, I've been here for about an hour and people are saying that the wait time from the entrance of Pottery Barn is about 5 hours.

txreeg
Jun 24, 2010, 02:13 PM
Well, I've been here for about an hour and people are saying that the wait time from the entrance of Pottery Barn is about 5 hours.

Thanks for the update and keep them coming if you don't mind. I have a feeling no matter what time I get there its going to be a 5 hour wait.

hcoteen2008
Jun 24, 2010, 03:08 PM
Well I'm in front of Williams-Sonoma now. I've been here since 1 pm and I started at Pottery Barn. It's kind of spastic. It moves fast then slow.

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hey got there at 11 am came out at 6 pm with my iPHONE !!!!

rec0017
Jun 24, 2010, 09:04 PM
I arrived at the store at 6:50 am just as they were opening the doors and taking down the window coverings and it took 5 1/2 hours to make it thru the Reservations line...

I posted a few pics on flickr if anyone is interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mycatfredisfat/

My new iPhone is awesome btw!

poolville02
Jun 24, 2010, 09:22 PM
anyone know if they have any left for walk-in's tomorrow?

rtgc2003
Jun 24, 2010, 10:06 PM
anyone know if they have any left for walk-in's tomorrow?

They said when i was there that if they have reservation that didn't get picked up today they are going to sell them tomorrow..

drumpat01
Jun 25, 2010, 12:37 AM
Well I just got home from being there from open to close. For those of you who came out and got a phone thank you SO much! It was an awesome day with you. I'm sorry you had to wait in line so long and for those of you walk ins who didn't get a phone please keep trying. We want everyone to get an iPhone 4 and we are doing the very best we can to move the lines along.

rtgc2003
Jun 25, 2010, 01:02 AM
Well I just got home from being there from open to close. For those of you who came out and got a phone thank you SO much! It was an awesome day with you. I'm sorry you had to wait in line so long and for those of you walk ins who didn't get a phone please keep trying. We want everyone to get an iPhone 4 and we are doing the very best we can to move the lines along.

IT was fun to wait in line for over 7 hrs I finally got my iPhone 4 around 6pm.. All the apple employers are the best..

hcoteen2008
Jun 25, 2010, 01:11 AM

Sounds like an ad. Lol. Jk. Thanks for the water and the Popsicles that were being given out! Wish I knew which Apple employee you were when I went through to say hi.

poolville02
Jun 25, 2010, 05:07 PM
Almost didn't go this morning but I'm glad I did. Got there at 8am and pretty much walked inside. I was approximately 60th in line. Left around 9am, went home and activated my phone. It's fawesome!