PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4 for Hong Kong

ilovemacbook
Jun 14, 2010, 01:15 AM
Im so confused... :apple: has said that over the US the price when its launched will be 199 USD for the 16Gb but over here there are rumours about that the Hong Kong Iphone will be around 8000HKD which equals too 1100 USD.... :confused: what will the cost be? AAAAAA! :mad:

pwb2103
Jun 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
holy crap. If you find anything more out I hope you will post it here... considering moving to HK in the next 2 years but $1100 iphones? that coudl be a deal breaker!

iLog.Genius
Jun 19, 2010, 12:38 PM
It shouldn't come as a surprise. Generally iPhones are more expensive in Hong Kong than in the US and Canada. Just came back from Hong Kong and saw iPhone 3G(S)'s selling for $800 (32GB model) where as in the US it's $599 (16GB) and $699 (32GB). It's not just technology like iPhones and BlackBerry's, designer labels like Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's are more expensive in Hong Kong than in the US.

chiefroastbeef
Jun 19, 2010, 05:14 PM
It shouldn't come as a surprise. Generally iPhones are more expensive in Hong Kong than in the US and Canada. Just came back from Hong Kong and saw iPhone 3G(S)'s selling for $800 (32GB model) where as in the US it's $599 (16GB) and $699 (32GB). It's not just technology like iPhones and BlackBerry's, designer labels like Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's are more expensive in Hong Kong than in the US.

And also HK phones are unlocked forever, no worries about using hacking software to jb/unlock, and then accidentally updating firmware and losing unlock. My father bought a 3GS in the US after losing his 3G, but didn't know it couldn't be unlocked because it is on the latest baseband, so I bought him another 3GS in HK (16gb for $700USD) 3 weeks ago. Once the new unlock/jb is available for the ATT iPhone, he will pass it to mom.

In my opinion the extra one hundred dollars for the 3GS is worth it to get an unlocked iphone forever.

I've heard the 8000hkd iphone 4 figures too, but I thought that was just the "fried" prices before the iphone 4 officially comes out in Hong Kong?

$800 is a lot of money... wow

iLog.Genius
Jun 19, 2010, 10:40 PM
And also HK phones are unlocked forever, no worries about using hacking software to jb/unlock, and then accidentally updating firmware and losing unlock. My father bought a 3GS in the US after losing his 3G, but didn't know it couldn't be unlocked because it is on the latest baseband, so I bought him another 3GS in HK (16gb for $700USD) 3 weeks ago. Once the new unlock/jb is available for the ATT iPhone, he will pass it to mom.

In my opinion the extra one hundred dollars for the 3GS is worth it to get an unlocked iphone forever.

I've heard the 8000hkd iphone 4 figures too, but I thought that was just the "fried" prices before the iphone 4 officially comes out in Hong Kong?

$800 is a lot of money... wow

I would say the HK price for the iPhone will definitely be near that price range, higher or lower but will be higher than the american price. Just like when the iPhone was first available to Asia, people are going to come to Canada/US and buy the phone to bring back home. Assuming that Apple keeps the pricing around: $599 US for the 16GB and $699 for the 32GB, those in Hong Kong are looking to save almost 2208 HKD for the 16GB iPhone and 2500 HKD for the 32GB.

chiefroastbeef
Jun 21, 2010, 12:46 AM
I would say the HK price for the iPhone will definitely be near that price range, higher or lower but will be higher than the american price. Just like when the iPhone was first available to Asia, people are going to come to Canada/US and buy the phone to bring back home. Assuming that Apple keeps the pricing around: $599 US for the 16GB and $699 for the 32GB, those in Hong Kong are looking to save almost 2208 HKD for the 16GB iPhone and 2500 HKD for the 32GB.

Are the iPhones sold in Canada unlocked? I'll be in Prince Edward Island, Toronto, Vancouver in August, may think about picking one up there, if I decide not to join SmartoneVodafone's iPhone plan. There is no way I am buying a locked iPhone from the US, my father's ATT 3GS is still awaiting the new unlock hack.. it's a sitting brick right now!

Supa_Fly
Jun 24, 2010, 01:23 AM
Are the iPhones sold in Canada unlocked? I'll be in Prince Edward Island, Toronto, Vancouver in August, may think about picking one up there, if I decide not to join SmartoneVodafone's iPhone plan. There is no way I am buying a locked iPhone from the US, my father's ATT 3GS is still awaiting the new unlock hack.. it's a sitting brick right now!

Providers: Rogers Wireless, Fido Wireless, Telus Mobility, Bell Mobility, and 2 smaller others will most likely be locked.

Apple Stores in Toronto: Eaton Centre, Fairview, Yorkdale, Square One, and I think 2 others; will have them unlocked but not available until July sometime; exact date unknown but I'm prepared.:apple: