PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville, FL (st johns town center)

Pages : [1] 2

pvmacguy
Jun 14, 2010, 07:16 AM
I'll be there!! Anyone else?

pvmacguy
Jun 15, 2010, 12:45 PM
Just got mine reserved for thursday! Ill probably be at the store around 8:30 a.m anyone else?:D

ian-frs
Jun 15, 2010, 05:38 PM
I am hoping to be there but I won't know until they say something about the white iPhone. I might be holding off depending on the delay for white. If they push it back this might be the first iPhone launch I sleep through.

bryang83
Jun 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
I've got an iphone 4 reserved at the Town Center for the release on the 24th. Unfortunately one of my friends wasn't lucky enough to make it through the site to reserve hers yesterday because of the apple site crashing all day.

It looks like she's going to have to show up early and try to get one on the "first come first serve" basis so we're thinking of getting there early before the 7am open time to get a good spot in line.

Has anybody camped out at the Town Center for any of the previous iPhone launches? How far ahead of store opening are people usually lining up? I've tried to look around and do some research and it looks like depending on store locations around the country there have been reports of people only needing to get there an hour or two in advance all the way to people waiting for days before release.

Like I said, just wondering if anybody had an idea of what the situation had looked like here in Jax for past iPhone launches and if anybody else here planned on heading out there early.....

Thanks in advance for the info

JoJoCal19
Jun 16, 2010, 05:50 PM
I've got an iphone 4 reserved at the Town Center for the release on the 24th. Unfortunately one of my friends wasn't lucky enough to make it through the site to reserve hers yesterday because of the apple site crashing all day.

It looks like she's going to have to show up early and try to get one on the "first come first serve" basis so we're thinking of getting there early before the 7am open time to get a good spot in line.

Has anybody camped out at the Town Center for any of the previous iPhone launches? How far ahead of store opening are people usually lining up? I've tried to look around and do some research and it looks like depending on store locations around the country there have been reports of people only needing to get there an hour or two in advance all the way to people waiting for days before release.

Like I said, just wondering if anybody had an idea of what the situation had looked like here in Jax for past iPhone launches and if anybody else here planned on heading out there early.....

Thanks in advance for the info

Hey Im in Jax and Ill be going to the Town Center Apple store. I have mine reserved as well but I will actually be waiting in the "non reserve" line in case they have white ones there. I haven't had an iPhone since I bought the original there on launch day. I waited 9 hours for the 6PM launch. This time you wont have to wait near as long but I wouldn't wait to get there right before the doors open. One thing I can say is that most people will be working so I dont think its going to be as crazy as if it launched at like 6PM.

rtdgoldfish
Jun 16, 2010, 09:38 PM
I'm planning on getting there around 6am. I have to make a 1pm meeting at work so I really hope they are on top of things and get the reserved line down quickly.

Was anyone at this store for the 3GS launch?? Just wondering if 6am will land me a decent spot in line or if I should show up earlier than that!

JoJoCal19
Jun 16, 2010, 09:50 PM
I have a Black 32GB iPhone reserved but Ill be there early to see if they have a White one. If I hear leading up to it that there absolutely will not be White iPhones then I will just get there in the evening to pick mine up.

ijen0311
Jun 18, 2010, 11:20 AM
Town center mall cops threw us out for the 3G :mad: so I went to Regency AT&T.

If there will be some folks here this year maybe I'll come by! I have a reservation but also one pre-ordered at BB.

trebormesos
Jun 18, 2010, 08:24 PM
See ya around 6:30ish.

Firespitter904
Jun 18, 2010, 09:34 PM
I'll be there earlier than 6:30 I know those lines are gonna be huge before that and I wanna be up front so I'll be there by 5 maybe.

trebormesos
Jun 18, 2010, 09:41 PM
Eeeek 5??? Oh man last thing I want is to be stuck way back in line. maybe I should rethink and shoot for 5:30

Firespitter904
Jun 18, 2010, 09:47 PM
Well yeah you gotta expect ppl to be already to come some might have been sleeping over just to land a front door spot I didn't get to reserve mine so I'll have to be up front I want that phone and I'm not trying to wait another few weeks so they can get more in stock.

Robert1014
Jun 18, 2010, 09:53 PM
...I'm in Jax for two weeks visiting family (I grew up here). I called the Jax Beach ATT store to ask if they would have a stock of new iPhones for persons who had not pre-ordered. The answer: NO.

Are you all sure there will be stock set aside at your various local stores for people who are just walking in without reserved devices?

I tried to pre-order the phone today through Apple and in the breakdown of charges, it showed I would have to pay an $18.00 upgrade fee. (My two year contract expires July 16.) However, I had dialed the info number to ATT from my iPhone 3G and got the text reply that I qualified for the upgrade with the $18.00 upgrade fee WAIVED. I immediately stopped my pre-order. I'll wait until I'm back in NYC and I'll keep checking the local ATT and Apple stores until I can pick one up at the store.

Firespitter904
Jun 18, 2010, 09:58 PM
The apple store is stating that on their page they have some for first come first served basis so I'm going with yes til I find out otherwise. I'll put something up here if I find different.

Robert1014
Jun 18, 2010, 10:02 PM
The apple store is stating that on their page they have some for first come first served basis so I'm going with yes til I find out otherwise. I'll put something up here if I find different.

Good luck!

ian-frs
Jun 19, 2010, 12:54 AM
I am going to walk in this weekend and ask if they will have any available for walk-in's. They should I don't see the Jax store being to crowded with reserves.

Jizzles
Jun 19, 2010, 01:25 AM
Lining up in jax is pretty nice since there's really not that much of a crowd. I used to be stationed in may port and never saw any huge lines for the iPhone...one of the things I missed about the area lol

comncense
Jun 19, 2010, 03:50 AM
I think I'll shoot for around 6am also. I was lucky enough to get a pre-order thru. Hopefully I'll be able to be in and out by at least 8. I was there last year for the 3gs and I seem to remember the pre-order line going by pretty smoothly.

GeekLawyer
Jun 19, 2010, 08:37 AM
I'll be there. Last year I had my 3GS shipped and it was torture waiting around for FedEx all day.

So, reservation in hand, I'll be there... maybe around 6:30ish?

Firespitter904
Jun 19, 2010, 03:12 PM
Well what time is everyone coming

trebormesos
Jun 19, 2010, 08:19 PM
6-6:30... Wait!! Are you using this info so you can show up 5 min early and be ahead of me in line???? :)

Firespitter904
Jun 19, 2010, 08:28 PM
Maybe I will lol

Firespitter904
Jun 19, 2010, 08:31 PM
Actually I'm just gonna be camping out if anyone wants to join me let me know.

ian-frs
Jun 19, 2010, 09:00 PM
I will be playing dodge security at about 4. Till they let us sit in peace.

Firespitter904
Jun 19, 2010, 09:06 PM
I hope they just chill and realize that we are there to be in line to get that phone we been wanting soo bad.

trebormesos
Jun 19, 2010, 09:31 PM
Maybe I will lol

8:43 then ;p

Firespitter904
Jun 19, 2010, 09:44 PM
So is that on wed night or Thursday morning

Firespitter904
Jun 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
If we get enough ppl you think they will let us be I'd like to meet up with some people I think it would make a fun experience.

ijen0311
Jun 19, 2010, 11:58 PM
What's the plan peeps? I'd love to come out, at least I have a reservation. Can we all wear red or something? :D

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 12:28 AM
I have a red shirt I'll wear red on launch day. I'll be there camping out at 10 if anyone wants to join feel free to stop by we can keep each other company til the doors open. And I got the word from an apple worker they holding two lines and both will move at the same time.

ijen0311
Jun 20, 2010, 12:51 AM
I have a red shirt I'll wear red on launch day. I'll be there camping out at 10 if anyone wants to join feel free to stop by we can keep each other company til the doors open. And I got the word from an apple worker they holding two lines and both will move at the same time.

10?! Yikes. That's way early for me. I was thinking around 5:30. I might have you update me on the status out there so I can come join!

trebormesos
Jun 20, 2010, 07:03 AM
8:43 was a fake time to throw ya off so you don't show up 5 min sooner :) . It will be more like 6am. Or as fast as the coffee is made.

MacRumors team assemble... Hoooo

GeekLawyer
Jun 20, 2010, 08:18 AM
Maybe those of you who get there first can update us on the situation there from your iPhone/iPad? :)

I'm still thinking I'll get there around 6:30am or so.

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 08:36 AM
Ok well I'll keep everyone posted then I'll be there early. I'm if anyone wants to hit me up on yahoo im firespitter904@ymail.com

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 10:57 AM
Well I'll keep everyone posted. Also I'm not trying to bet you there by 5 mins I'm just trying to see what everyone is doing maybe we can all be there around a similar time?

ian-frs
Jun 20, 2010, 11:09 AM
Red sounds good I will wear something red and be hanging out in the unreserved line. 4AM!

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 11:49 AM
Well I'll be in that same line too so I guess that's the deal red shirts ppl

trebormesos
Jun 20, 2010, 11:54 AM
Red sounds good to me. I'll try to make it out sooner of possible.

ijen0311
Jun 20, 2010, 01:20 PM
I'm thinking I'll be there around 5:30 (reserved). Sounds like fun! :D

I'll pick up donuts or something.

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah attention all ppl considering to be early to watch out for thieves we've had a few events of ppl trying to rob ppl at events like this so keep a eye out and becareful.

trebormesos
Jun 20, 2010, 01:46 PM
Firespitter brought up a good point. Thieves, we ran in to a problem once waiting for opening night of Star Wars. And they way Jax has been lately, we may need to think of that.

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 01:54 PM
I know this doesn't concern the topic but if i jailbreak the iPhone to use 3g restricter so I can use facetime anytime you think that will work

ijen0311
Jun 20, 2010, 02:09 PM
Firespitter brought up a good point. Thieves, we ran in to a problem once waiting for opening night of Star Wars. And they way Jax has been lately, we may need to think of that.

There were police at the 3G launch, hopefully some security will be around. I'll probabl leave my purse at home and maybe a couple of us could walk out together. At that hour we should get parking in front of the stores. But no kidding, Jax feels like a war zone sometimes.

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 02:14 PM
That's true jax crime rate is crazy. Well I just hope to get my hands on a white iPhone but that's just a hope.

ian-frs
Jun 20, 2010, 08:42 PM
In theory yes the restrictor will allow FaceTime over 3G. Just need some programing updates. And there is no parking infront of the store till about 630. They block off the side streets. Going in groups would be a good idea but I have yet to see a problem and I was just there for the iPad launch.

CamXCollins
Jun 20, 2010, 08:57 PM
Do you have any idea what time someone should get to the Apple Store if they do not have a reservation and are simply hoping to get one at launch? I am hoping some of you may have experience with this from past launches.

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 09:23 PM
Really you can't compare this launch to any other cause it's done a lil different with the ordering and availability at a few dozen stores besides apple and AT&T so that may or may not take some of the tension off. Well they block the road until 6:30 but that doesn't stop from walking around til 6:30 just don't cross the the blocked off area til time.

CamXCollins
Jun 20, 2010, 09:28 PM
So they won't allow us to start forming lines until 6:30 in the morning on the 24th? Am I understanding you correctly? And if that is the case, what time would you recommend getting there?

Firespitter904
Jun 20, 2010, 09:39 PM
From what he's saying you can't park in front of the store til 6:30 so you can come earlier to stand in line before 6:30 if I'm understanding him correctly.

ilpadrino6
Jun 20, 2010, 09:45 PM
ill be the guy camping out since Monday with the Vuvuzela!!!!!! They better have white iphones or i am going to light myself on fire in protest!:eek:

ijen0311
Jun 20, 2010, 09:50 PM
You'd have to park over by Dillard's or something.

CamXCollins
Jun 20, 2010, 09:52 PM
What time would do you think i should get there if i dont have a reservation?

ian-frs
Jun 20, 2010, 09:55 PM
Don't get your hopes up for white. But I am going to ask tomarrow if they will have extra inventory off the top of reserves for walk-ins tomarrow when I go in for my laptop. And if one or more of us meet up in line we can always hold spots so we can move cars when they let us park out front.

CamXCollins
Jun 20, 2010, 09:59 PM
I am not looking to get a white one, i would prefer a black. I am just curious at to what time i should get there if i dont have one reserved.

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 12:15 AM
I'd say check out the store around 3am but who knows lines might not be soo bad yeah right I think it's gonna be long with at least 900 preorders you might wanna come early cause obvious it's possibly gonna be 100-300 walk ins. That's just a figure but the preorders are about 900 got that from a apple worker I know from there.

ian-frs
Jun 21, 2010, 02:17 AM
Does your friend know if they have extras for walkins?

Akshun
Jun 21, 2010, 08:16 AM
I'm waiting for the white one; if any of you guys see the white iPhone 4 on Display when you walk in there that morning let the fourm know please.

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 08:26 AM
Well they didn't really specify but said if I was early shouldn't be a prob. So I'll be there cause everywhere else is gonna have small amounts but you can choose the apple store or the AT&T store in the towncenter as well if you're skeptical on going to apple.

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 11:14 AM
They aren't getting anymore than 2-4 iPhone 16gb so don't waste your time. if anyone finds different on the apple store on walk ins let us now you know how things change on the fly with apple.

ian-frs
Jun 21, 2010, 12:42 PM
Just talked to apple store guysaid they will have about 100 extra phones for walk-ins. Just be sure to get there early.

comncense
Jun 21, 2010, 12:50 PM
Just talked to apple store guysaid they will have about 100 extra phones for walk-ins. Just be sure to get there early.

Wow, yeah if you don't get one by like 9am, it'll probably be a wrap for walk-in's.

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 12:53 PM
Well there you have it the word is on the street only 100 for walk ins I'm showing up super early like I said before.

GeekLawyer
Jun 21, 2010, 01:09 PM
Wow, just 100 for non-reserved people seems like a low number. If that gets out, people not holding a reservation will have to get there pretty early.

Just updated it iOS4 on my 3GS. If the speed of this thing is any preview of what we'll see Thursday, I'm even more excited for iPhone 4! :)

comncense
Jun 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
I hear Pandora has an update for 4.0 that's out today. Now when Sirius releases their's, I'll be really happy.

GeekLawyer
Jun 21, 2010, 01:13 PM
Can confirm Pandora 3.1 is out and works great in the background with iOS4. Pretty cool!

Still waiting for Apple to stick iBooks in the App Store...

trebormesos
Jun 21, 2010, 01:32 PM
Just came back from best buy at town center. they will not be getting enough phone to fill the preorders.

GeekLawyer
Jun 21, 2010, 01:56 PM
Just came back from best buy at town center. they will not be getting enough phone to fill the preorders.That's the worst news of all. So people are thinking they have an iPhone and will be told "sorry" when they go to BB. Ouch.

SucreBleu
Jun 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
Went in to the store on Sat. night, asking what time I should be there if I have a pre-order, what kind of numbers they were expecting, etc.

She told me they had 800 pre-orders at their store, but wasn't sure how many they were expecting in the shipment. Also confirmed the two lines for pre-order and purchase.

I'll be there with my coffee in hand bright and early... also have a feeling I'll be the only chick in line that early. See you all there!

GeekLawyer
Jun 21, 2010, 02:04 PM
About five minutes after one, I got the reminder email from Apple about my reservation at the SJTC Apple Store. Like I would forget! :p

SucreBleu
Jun 21, 2010, 02:06 PM
@ GeekLawyer I did too! I'm glad I got it, also clears up the confusion I had with the pricing that was on my original confirmation e-mail. I was one of the folks that had the $699 price showing for the 32GB, even though I'm eligible for an upgrade.

GeekLawyer
Jun 21, 2010, 02:10 PM
SB, I was surprised to hear about people getting the incorrect upgrade price. I guess it was just good luck that when I made my reservation, the AT&T eligibility info came over fine. My initial email showed the correct $299 upgrade price.

I'm sure it will be sorted out for everyone at the store. It's getting exciting! :)

trebormesos
Jun 21, 2010, 02:14 PM
why do I have this feeling Wednesday is going to be a long day.

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'm gonna camp out since slot of ppl will be there I gotta be first

GadgetGeek71
Jun 21, 2010, 06:40 PM
If I were buying one I would be...:(

easyrun99
Jun 21, 2010, 06:55 PM
Just came back from best buy at town center. they will not be getting enough phone to fill the preorders.

My heart jumped...all I read was "town center" thinking you were referring to the Apple Store...glad I read twice...

ijen0311
Jun 21, 2010, 07:40 PM
Regency Best Buy told me not to have my hopes up as #11 on their pre-order list. Guess I'll be at Apple in the reservation line! :rolleyes:

Akshun
Jun 21, 2010, 08:33 PM
@Firespitter904
How did you come about those numbers for Wal-Marts?

pvmacguy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:22 PM
I honestly don't think we will have too much to worry about. I think too many people in this city work and can't get off to be able to be there in the a.m. Still planning on getting there around 8 I'll have the gf with me and she was complaining about waking up before 10:30 :rolleyes:

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 09:22 PM
From a wal mart order list they had posted most only gettin 2-4 iPhone 4 16gb's

Akshun
Jun 21, 2010, 10:45 PM
Walmart posted their 'order list'?!?!
Well, any colors mentioned?

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 10:47 PM
Supposedly some may get 1 or two white 16gb but I'm still skeptical on that. Google iPhone 4 availability at walmart

Firespitter904
Jun 21, 2010, 11:09 PM
Never mind the walmart post can't find it anymore tried everything to find it nothing guess it got removed

ian-frs
Jun 22, 2010, 12:05 AM
Walmart seems like a useless plight. I would just say get to Apple store early if you don't have reservation.

JoJoCal19
Jun 22, 2010, 07:03 AM
I normally work at 6:30AM but I told my manager that I will be in late at some point (hopefully by 8:30AM) and that I would just shift my workday to accomodate and he was cool with that. I love my job.

I plan on arriving no later than 5AM to line up for my reservation. I want to drop from 32GB to 16GB.

comncense
Jun 22, 2010, 08:36 AM
I normally work at 6:30AM but I told my manager that I will be in late at some point (hopefully by 8:30AM) and that I would just shift my workday to accomodate and he was cool with that. I love my job.

I plan on arriving no later than 5AM to line up for my reservation. I want to drop from 32GB to 16GB.

Yeah I might actually do the same. I've always had the 16gb iPhones. It would be nice to be able to carry along some movies in addition to all the music I have on it but I don't really NEED 32gb.

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 10:39 AM
I am starting to think I'll be camping out at Apple instead of waiting on my Best Buy order. Since I don't have a reservation, I'll probably get there around midnight and wait it out. What time will the store open for those of us without reservations?

GadgetGeek71
Jun 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
Never mind the walmart post can't find it anymore tried everything to find it nothing guess it got removed

Don't you wish they would open a Apple store back in the Argyle Town Center..."where the Westside is the Best Side" (sorry...I had to do that:p)

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 12:28 PM
Who all wants to camp out wed night let me know I can use the company.

trebormesos
Jun 22, 2010, 12:44 PM
I would love to but I'm 41 so it would take me 4 days to recover from that. But I will come out earlier than I was to wake you up :)

ijen0311
Jun 22, 2010, 12:59 PM

I'm game, but I'll be in the reservation line...

ian-frs
Jun 22, 2010, 01:25 PM
I might be able to camp out. It could be a good time. I don't think they will let us though.

GadgetGeek71
Jun 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
I would love to but I'm 41 so it would take me 4 days to recover from that. But I will come out earlier than I was to wake you up :)

LOL...I feel your pain :D

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 02:10 PM
I think I am going to end up camping out with you firespitter. The Best Buy over here by me isnt sure they are getting any iphone, much less the 40 they would need for me to get one.

ian-frs
Jun 22, 2010, 03:04 PM
If you guys are out there and don't get kicked out I will come on down and join you at night.

ijen0311
Jun 22, 2010, 03:24 PM
Sweet!

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 04:49 PM
Guess well have to be in a different location before they let us in like over by the target

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm camping out cause my car down and I wouldn't be able to make it in time if I don't that's my reason for camping out.

ian-frs
Jun 22, 2010, 05:11 PM
I will be waiting to hear updates before I drive over. Target wouldn't be an option really since the patrol all over the mall.

manu75
Jun 22, 2010, 05:30 PM
and he asked to come in around 6am if you don't have a pre order. I will be there around that 'coz i know security won't let us form lines any earlier anyways. Hope to get a phone.

timt976
Jun 22, 2010, 06:26 PM

im down for camping out.

ian-frs
Jun 22, 2010, 06:28 PM
We got the iPad line going at 5am so might wanna show up before 6. I feel this line will be a lot longer.

ijen0311
Jun 22, 2010, 06:36 PM
and he asked to come in around 6am if you don't have a pre order. I will be there around that 'coz i know security won't let us form lines any earlier anyways. Hope to get a phone.

What's the word for folks with reservations?

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 07:28 PM
What time are those of you without reservations getting there to campout?

impulse77
Jun 22, 2010, 07:42 PM
We got the iPad line going at 5am so might wanna show up before 6. I feel this line will be a lot longer.

How long was the iPad Line? So we will have a Gestamit.

ian-frs
Jun 22, 2010, 07:46 PM
By 6 between 30-45 people. And get there as early as you can without reservation.

JoJoCal19
Jun 22, 2010, 07:51 PM
im down for camping out.

Tim I thought mall security wont let you come any earlier than 6AM? I plan on getting there by 5AM but Ill be in the reserve line.

timt976
Jun 22, 2010, 08:16 PM
Tim I thought mall security wont let you come any earlier than 6AM? I plan on getting there by 5AM but Ill be in the reserve line.

Im gonna do my best to avoid mall security. Maybe ill bring a dozen krispy kreme donuts with me. They will love me.

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 08:18 PM
I called the Apple store about 30 minutes ago and the guy told me that the directions that the mall had given him were that people could begin lining up at 6AM and that Apple's doors will open at 7AM. Walk-ins will be on a first come first serve basis and he also told me that he had no idea as to how many units they would be receiving. If i do end up camping out, I plan to leave my house around 4:45 and hopefully get there at about 5:15-5:30.

timt976
Jun 22, 2010, 08:18 PM
so my plan is to go to
Whisky Rivers.
Have a few drinks.
Get some food.
Go to Apple.
Buy a new iphone 4.
get breakfast
Go to work.
Pass out at my desk :)

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 08:28 PM
I am really torn on when to show up, because I really want one, but I dont know how it is all going to work with the mall not opening till 6 AM. Cause i am sure people will be there before that. And how are they going to form a line when there are already a ton of people "in line." What i mean is like how are they going to manage the chaos of the people who get there before the 6 AM opening and want to claim a spot in a line?

Randman
Jun 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
Anyone know if you can reserve one still and be able to pick it up on Thursday or is that for those who plunked coin down last week?

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 08:35 PM
The store isn't accepting any more reservations. Sorry.

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 08:37 PM
Guess we'll be playing hide and seek then so they won't find us

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hey Tim how long is wiskey rivers open til?

timt976
Jun 22, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hey Tim how long is wiskey rivers open til?

they are open until 2am. its pretty much a club/bar after 10. welcome to join.

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 08:50 PM
Cool I'm in then what time you gonna be there

timt976
Jun 22, 2010, 08:52 PM
i probably wont go up to whisky rivers until 11. when i get off tomorrow i am going sleep as much as i can and then get up and go.

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 08:52 PM
I now wish i was old enough for bars and such. Argh. Nonetheless, I am still determining what time to arrive at the towncetner since we cant form lines until 6AM

timt976
Jun 22, 2010, 08:54 PM
i say show up at 3am and save a spot for us. ill buy you some drinks :D

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 08:58 PM
Ok well I'll see ya there maybe and after that I'll just kill time. Till they let me in I want to line up around 4-4:30 they probably will not even care.it's funny how two apple ppl confirm that it's gonna be like 100 phones left and another says he don't know. I got a feeling he trying to throw us off.

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 08:59 PM
haha. yeah. bring me some drinks ;). But I am thinking i may need to get there closer to 4:45 than 5:30

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 09:26 PM
So what's everyones plans if no one is camping out

ian-frs
Jun 22, 2010, 09:26 PM
It's time to fill up the flask and grab a lawn chair for 3am. Whiskey river not the best in the world.

CamXCollins
Jun 22, 2010, 09:28 PM
I would camp out, but it sounds like were not going to be able to due to the mall police around there. :/

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 09:37 PM
I might bring a hammock out to relax til it's showtime

Firespitter904
Jun 22, 2010, 09:41 PM
Just ftr AT&T has posted that it won't do any walk ins til June 29 only pre orders on launch day so apple is the only route to go with.

ijen0311
Jun 22, 2010, 10:39 PM
I guess I'll just arrive around 6. I have a reservation but still don't want to wait half the morning.

Jsha224
Jun 23, 2010, 06:40 AM
Since no where in Tallahassee will be selling for walk-ins tomorrow, I think I'm going to drive two hours over to you guys, probably get there rather early for an overnight sit. I'll be wearing a black "Reinvented" Apple shirt :apple:

JoJoCal19
Jun 23, 2010, 06:55 AM
so my plan is to go to
Whisky Rivers.
Have a few drinks.
Get some food.
Go to Apple.
Buy a new iphone 4.
get breakfast
Go to work.
Pass out at my desk :)

Haha you and me both. I decided against burning a vaca day. I was going to wake up at 2 and get there by 330 but Im thinking Ill probably aim for 5. I talked to a guy at the Apple store who put me on hold and talked to the mgr and they said I could drop from 32GB to 16GB as long as they had stock. Should they decide to sing a different tune when Im in the store Ill ask someone to ask for a 16GB and have the Apple rep swap. We will probably be the only two people here at work with the new iPhone. People already want to check it out when I get it but Im hesitant to let anyone handle it.

GeekLawyer
Jun 23, 2010, 07:21 AM
Since no where in Tallahassee will be selling for walk-ins tomorrow, I think I'm going to drive two hours over to you guys, probably get there rather early for an overnight sit. I'll be wearing a black "Reinvented" Apple shirt :apple:I know that drive very well. Should be an easy drive super early on Thursday. I've been working in Tallahassee the last couple of days, as a matter of fact, and getting ready to head home to Jacksonville later today.

rtdgoldfish
Jun 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
Since no where in Tallahassee will be selling for walk-ins tomorrow, I think I'm going to drive two hours over to you guys, probably get there rather early for an overnight sit. I'll be wearing a black "Reinvented" Apple shirt :apple:

Same here but I have one reserved. Planning on leaving Tally around 3am tonight. That should get me there somewhere between 5-6.

Jsha224
Jun 23, 2010, 07:33 AM
Well I'm excited to see you all then! Say hi and tell me you're from macrumors lol. I'm going to see Toy Story 3 tonight and will leave after that (around 9pm).

substeel
Jun 23, 2010, 08:24 AM
Not sure if this has already been posted in the previous 10 pages but the cops will not allow people to camp out at the St. Johns outdoor Apple store mall.

The earliest they will allow people to line up is 6am.

With that said I am not sure how they can stop 1000 people from lining up and they can not allow 500 cars circling the mall at 5am. With over 1600 views to this thread it's obvious Jax will be a popular store tomorrow morning.

timt976
Jun 23, 2010, 08:45 AM
Not sure if this has already been posted in the previous 10 pages but the cops will not allow people to camp out at the St. Johns outdoor Apple store mall.

The earliest they will allow people to line up is 6am.

With that said I am not sure how they can stop 1000 people from lining up and they can not allow 500 cars circling the mall at 5am. With over 1600 views to this thread it's obvious Jax will be a popular store tomorrow morning.

remember this game you use to play when you were a kid? hide and seek? well this is same game but in a much larger scale. :D

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 10:06 AM
Hide and seek always works. But if we show up in a group they might just let us sit. Or if someone goes before the mall closes apple reps might tell them to just let it happen.

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 10:16 AM
I'll be there around 5:30 - I'll have on my red tank top! :D

trebormesos
Jun 23, 2010, 10:18 AM
Oh that's right, we are wearing red... dang, now I got to get the wife to do some washing :)

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 AM
Just for the heck of it I emailed Simon, the owner company of the St. Johns Town Center to see if they had any special circumstances about lining up and I expressed my concern about so many people trying to line up at 6am, but I still got this response :)

"It is correct that we will not allow lines to form before 6 a.m. If you should have any further questions, you can contact the management office at 998-7156. Thanks."

pvmacguy
Jun 23, 2010, 10:38 AM
We just need to bring some thumb tacks and dissable their segways. ;)

GeekLawyer
Jun 23, 2010, 10:51 AM
We just need to bring some thumb tacks and dissable their segways. ;)OH NO YOU DI'INT! ;)

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 11:15 AM
Oh that's right, we are wearing red... dang, now I got to get the wife to do some washing :)

Ask her to make some sandwiches too.

timt976
Jun 23, 2010, 11:42 AM
The only red shirt I have is the one bank of america gave me. i guess i can rock that.

Jsha224
Jun 23, 2010, 11:52 AM

is it just your group wearing red? Or is it the goal for all macrumors ppl to wear red? lol I feel out of the loop..:confused:

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 12:02 PM
is it just your group wearing red? Or is it the goal for all macrumors ppl to wear red? lol I feel out of the loop..:confused:

All the Mac Rumors peeps in red!

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 12:22 PM
I am tempted to call the Apple store and see what they say about lining up. They might be paying private security for the line. People are lining all over the place at Simon malls already.

GeekLawyer
Jun 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
Wow, I just talked to a jerk at the SJTC store. I asked if there was any chance that since Apple is shipping the phone to customers today if people holding reservations could come down and pick theirs up today also.

"The phone launches tomorrow."

"But Apple is delivering them to people today."

"Lucky them."

Ooooookay. Jerk.

Jsha224
Jun 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
I called the store as well asking about the lines, the stupid guy was like "Well all of us are normally working on launch days so we don't have any idea how the lines work." So I guess that answers that..

Jsha224
Jun 23, 2010, 12:43 PM
So if we can't officially "line up" until 6am, those of us who are arriving earlier, after the bar, should congregate in the parking lot or something. Maybe light a few trashcans on fire for heat and roast hotdogs and marshmallows and sing songs.. j/k of course, but seriously, if we can't line up we should congregate somewhere. I'm not from jax so i don't know the area that well.

comncense
Jun 23, 2010, 12:53 PM
I think I'm gonna park in the parking lot behind Ambercrombie and Dillards. That's probably the ideal place to park if they aren't letting people park down in front of the store at 6.

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 12:53 PM
We should Congregate in a line in front of the store, then when they ask us to move we should ask them how far, then we should maintain the line from that spot :)

Jsha224
Jun 23, 2010, 12:57 PM
i just called that management number and the guy said they weren't even letting people on the property (including parking lot) until 6am. I was like "so what are we supposed to do before then." You know what he said? "Go have breakfast somewhere." lmao. I like the idea going anyways until they tell us to move.

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 01:08 PM
They are always like that but security gives up once they realize we are just sitting in front of the store not doing anything.

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
Fk it, I'll just get there at 6. I hope the reserve line isn't slammed.

SucreBleu
Jun 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Any requests for treats in the morning? I was planning on doing some baking tonight before I go to bed. I figured it'd be a friendly gesture since I'll be waiting in line for a few hours with the same people :)

toastboy55
Jun 23, 2010, 02:57 PM
me and my roommate are skipping school and work tomorrow to head over to jax from tally for the iphone, but we don't know the area well and if there's gonna be an organized riot/sit in, we want to be a part of it lol is there a final conclusion on where everyone is gonna meet up? shoot me an email cmenendez90@gmail.com

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 03:27 PM
Any requests for treats in the morning? I was planning on doing some baking tonight before I go to bed. I figured it'd be a friendly gesture since I'll be waiting in line for a few hours with the same people :)

Peanut butter cookies! :)

timt976
Jun 23, 2010, 03:38 PM

ham egg and cheese on croissant and orange juice. thanks :)

SucreBleu
Jun 23, 2010, 03:46 PM
ham egg and cheese on croissant and orange juice. thanks :)

LOL, if you want all of that, McDonald's is around the corner :P

timt976
Jun 23, 2010, 03:55 PM
LOL, if you want all of that, McDonald's is around the corner :P

well what are my options?

CamXCollins
Jun 23, 2010, 04:09 PM
Do we have a more definite idea as to what time we should show up?

GeekLawyer
Jun 23, 2010, 04:12 PM
well what are my options?LOL - I think the suggestion is that you can find that out for yourself when you show at (at McDonalds).

Do we have a more definite idea as to what time we should show up?Don't know for sure. Here's the experience from the last launch at that store, the iPad... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=883297&highlight=jacksonville

CamXCollins
Jun 23, 2010, 04:17 PM
I am not sure you can really compare the two launches as I think this one will be significantly larger. Also, I would really like to know how many they are anticipating for walk-ins.

Firespitter904
Jun 23, 2010, 04:41 PM
I'll be there early to scope it out then if it's true it's to wiskey rivers then apple

Akshun
Jun 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
Since Apple Says Mid-July for White; I'll wait till then & give my info up...
only the Wal-Mart at Beach & Southside is DEFINITELY getting the iPhone 4; buying starts at 8AM. Happy Hunting.

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
It's sad there will be no white but I will settle for black and hope I can just exchange when the time comes. So I might just get a 16 and tell them I want a larger size before the 30 days is up. Let us know what it looks like when you get to whiskey river. If a line starts forming late tonight I will show up.

CamXCollins
Jun 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
A user over at EverythingiCafe posted apic of our apple store and there wasn't a line forming yet.

Firespitter904
Jun 23, 2010, 05:11 PM
Of course not now but later tonight when those double doors close there maybe one and I promise if ther. Is one I'll be there till they say go. But my iPhone will be down cause I'm gonna sell it before tonight I'll try to find someway to keep in touch

timmillah
Jun 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
I just got off the phone and got the 6AM message too..

I have no clue how this is going to work. I was going to go to the AT&T store (That allowed line ups anytime)..

Does anyone have a legit answer as to what to do?

SucreBleu
Jun 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
Anyone else know if they will be offering the bumpers for sale in the store tomorrow? When I called them Monday, they weren't sure what stock they were getting in. I'm crossing my fingers the pink one is available! :)

Jsha224
Jun 23, 2010, 06:39 PM
Got my Red FSU shirt on! Should be leaving within the hour! :D

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 07:52 PM
Woo hoo! Where's everyone going right now? Apple store?

Firespitter904
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 PM
I'm at the apple store now no one is here yet I posted this from the iPad at apple store. Seems like wiskey rivers might be a good idea tonight.

Firespitter904
Jun 23, 2010, 07:56 PM
Text me when you get here 9044030168

Firespitter904
Jun 23, 2010, 08:00 PM
They're closing down so I'm out folks seeuthere

pvmacguy
Jun 23, 2010, 08:02 PM
Just drove by there, wasn't that busy but saw a cop standing inside probably waiting to yell at campers for urban camping. Haha has anyone seen the malls new portable guard tower over in front of dsw?? Made me LOL

bhsu21
Jun 23, 2010, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know if the Apple store will let you get the phone and walk out without activating it?

I've read on here some people say no problem and other say they must open the box and activate the box before leaving.

Because I would be doing an upgrade swap and therefore don't want it done in the store.

So wondering if I should get up early to try and get one.

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
Just drove by there, wasn't that busy but saw a cop standing inside probably waiting to yell at campers for urban camping. Haha has anyone seen the malls new portable guard tower over in front of dsw?? Made me LOL

Yeah. I LOL.

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 08:22 PM
No you have to activate in store. They need to make sure its to your account so you can't sell it to someone else right away. So no one is camping out there yet? I might head to whiskey river a little later on to see if I can find you guys.

Akshun
Jun 23, 2010, 08:41 PM
NO!!! What?! a 'tower' what is it for Tasering people from a far?

JoJoCal19
Jun 23, 2010, 08:42 PM
Hey guys when you get there make sure there are 2 lines, one for people who reserved and a walk in line.

SucreBleu
Jun 23, 2010, 08:55 PM
Did a drive by 20 min. ago at 9:30, no campers yet, but the store was all buzzing, employees were taking down the iPad signs in the windows, most likely putting up the new iPhone 4 signs.

I've got chocolate chip cookies in the oven right now, next batch going in is peanut butter.

Think they'll yell at me if I bring a beach chair to sit in? I was planning on getting there early and that concrete is awfully hard.

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
I'm going to take a nap, see you all bright and early!! :D

timmillah
Jun 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
Did a drive by 20 min. ago at 9:30, no campers yet, but the store was all buzzing, employees were taking down the iPad signs in the windows, most likely putting up the new iPhone 4 signs.

I've got chocolate chip cookies in the oven right now, next batch going in is peanut butter.

Think they'll yell at me if I bring a beach chair to sit in? I was planning on getting there early and that concrete is awfully hard.

I was actually thinking of bringing a little beach chair, too.. I have a small cheap one I found at a yard sale for $1 that I might bring, it'll keep me off the ground and if someone steals it while i'm inside..oh well..

I'm still confused as to what exactly i'm doing. I'd go there now if I knew I could camp, I want to get there early enough to get a spot, but not so early that the security guards are gonna kick me out from the front.. What to do what to do?

ijen0311
Jun 23, 2010, 09:10 PM
I was actually thinking of bringing a little beach chair, too.. I have a small cheap one I found at a yard sale for $1 that I might bring, it'll keep me off the ground and if someone steals it while i'm inside..oh well..

I'm still confused as to what exactly i'm doing. I'd go there now if I knew I could camp, I want to get there early enough to get a spot, but not so early that the security guards are gonna kick me out from the front.. What to do what to do?

I'm feeling the same way. I'll just get there at 6...

SucreBleu
Jun 23, 2010, 09:15 PM

Well, I can get there early and if they won't let anyone line up, then I'll go chill in my car somewhere.

timmillah
Jun 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
I'm feeling the same way. I'll just get there at 6...

My only problem is I don't know anything about Jacksonville because I just moved here a year ago.. I mean, people won't leave their houses on a beautiful sunny day to go to a Jaguars game, but will they get out @ the crack of dawn for a new cell phone?!? Plus, I have NO CLUE how much stock they will have. If I get out earlier than 6AM, wait in line, and still don't get a phone, I will blow a gasket. LOL.

I'm thinking about having the wife just drop me off though, so that way I don't have to worry about parking.. idk yet. She's not too keen on getting up that early.

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 09:17 PM
I'd love to camp out. But I don't want to make the drive if I have to play hide and seek. So when someone says they aren't getting bothered I will head over if not. I'll check it out around 4.

pvmacguy
Jun 23, 2010, 09:17 PM
NO!!! What?! a 'tower' what is it for Tasering people from a far?

HAHA YES! They are going to surround the crowd with barbed wire fences and position these little towers and make sure we don't escape and get out of hand.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/chadwickj_2006/IMG_0220.jpg

Mall security = New Empire?? perhaps...

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/d/d1/Atstendor.jpg/250px-Atstendor.jpg

timmillah
Jun 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
Well, I can get there early and if they won't let anyone line up, then I'll go chill in my car somewhere.

That was my first thought, but then it's like.. What if they start let people lining up @ 5:00 and 60 people magically get in line before me and they only have 60 phones, lol.

I've already had AT&T cancel my preorder for no reason. I don't think it's meant for me to have this phone. Yes, i'm paranoid.

SucreBleu
Jun 23, 2010, 09:22 PM
That was my first thought, but then it's like.. What if they start let people lining up @ 5:00 and 60 people magically get in line before me and they only have 60 phones, lol.

I've already had AT&T cancel my preorder for no reason. I don't think it's meant for me to have this phone. Yes, i'm paranoid.

Yeah, I'm normally okay with waiting to get it later, but I want to MAKE SURE I get mine on release date, because I'm going to DC/NYC for a 11 day vacation, and it would be freaking awesome to be able to record the Fireworks at the Mall in DC on the 4th of July on my new iPhone :) Not to mention all of the great updates I can post on my FB/Gowalla.

I have my alarm set to wake me at 4:15, and I'm literally like 5 minutes away. I was going to grab a Box O Joe from DD to go w/ my cookies and share. Hopefully there will be other peeps there to share with me!

timmillah
Jun 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I'm normally okay with waiting to get it later, but I want to MAKE SURE I get mine on release date, because I'm going to DC/NYC for a 11 day vacation, and it would be freaking awesome to be able to record the Fireworks at the Mall in DC on the 4th of July on my new iPhone :) Not to mention all of the great updates I can post on my FB/Gowalla.

I have my alarm set to wake me at 4:15, and I'm literally like 5 minutes away. I was going to grab a Box O Joe from DD to go w/ my cookies and share. Hopefully there will be other peeps there to share with me!

I was probably going to roll out around 4.. I live right off Baymeadows so i'm only about 5-10 minutes away as well. Our DD is closed for repairs right now though! I've never been okay with waiting past launch day, I got the iphone, iPhone 3G, and 3GS all on launch day.. At AT&T Retail locations.. In a town of about 3.000 people up in TN... Lines were about 30 people long, but they usually only got about 25phones...

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 10:10 PM
Damn already over 100 ppl in Tampa lining up. Any word of a line at town center?

comncense
Jun 23, 2010, 10:46 PM
Damn already over 100 ppl in Tampa lining up. Any word of a line at town center?

Someone told me that there was 20 people "lined up" for the store. I find that hard to believe though. I think security is gonna stick to the "no lining up before 6am" rule.

Anyone out in that area now? It's going on midnight

CamXCollins
Jun 23, 2010, 11:01 PM
I should be there within an hour. Ill post when I get there.

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
Let us know Cam. If the line is starting I will head over ASAP.

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 11:08 PM
Going there now to look

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 11:15 PM
All I see is a cop/security car sitting right on top of the store but there are a few people mingling close by outside

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 11:17 PM
By close by I mean I kept going to the Dicks sporting goods parking lot and see 4-5 people, saw a few cars around in general

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 11:23 PM
So like 5 cars just rolled out at the same time lol so dunno what's up

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 11:26 PM
Anyone else around? I need a group to covertly operate with too! Haha

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 11:27 PM
So is anyone actually sitting in line? Or just hanging out behind dicks?

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 11:33 PM
I may swing out soon if we can sit over there. That way you won't be the only one getting away with it.

Akaze
Jun 23, 2010, 11:44 PM
Jso rolled up on my spot behind dicks so I moved just before. Moving around some but I see quite a few people in cars hanging around.,, some could just be nightlife still. Let me know if you wanna meet up when you get here

timt976
Jun 23, 2010, 11:48 PM
Anyone else around? I need a group to covertly operate with too! Haha

they are at whisky rivers. feel free to text me 410-340-8654

ian-frs
Jun 23, 2010, 11:57 PM
Where are you hanging out now?

timt976
Jun 23, 2010, 11:58 PM
Where are you hanging out now?

barnes and nobles

bndoarn
Jun 23, 2010, 11:58 PM
I wonder how packed the AT&T store at River City will be since it's fairly new. Well it's not that new, but you catch my drift. But I guess it doesn't really matter since they aren't doing walk-ins.

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 12:00 AM
Dillards but like 3 security here now

CamXCollins
Jun 24, 2010, 12:01 AM
Just showed up. No one on the same block as the store. There's a JSO car parked right at the entrance so no luck there. Also, there is mall security everywhere. I saw a few of you parked in the Dick's parking lot I think. I'm in that hotel's parking lot so I could blend in with the other cars. I'll do a drive around every 45 minutes or so.

ian-frs
Jun 24, 2010, 12:02 AM
So they are blocking off the entrances to the mall now? Damn thats a new one.

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 12:03 AM
Security just made us all move said not tilll

ian-frs
Jun 24, 2010, 12:04 AM
no way... I don't see taht working to well.

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
M outside whiskey river now, anyone who made it wanna meet up somewhere?

CamXCollins
Jun 24, 2010, 12:07 AM
I'm hoping I'll be good here in the hotel parking lot. Just laying low. There is a truck next to me with two guys waiting for iPhone 4. Might strike up a convo later.

ian-frs
Jun 24, 2010, 12:07 AM
I don't think anything is open still.

fearbefore23
Jun 24, 2010, 12:16 AM
do they not know that people all across America and beyond are lining up for this thing,, and our mall has to be one of maybe 4-6 that are banning line formation, and not till 6?? that will be funny seeing how i know like a bajillion people lining up at the latest of 4am-5am ,, they are just going to hum drum around like musical chairs and slam into place at 6am on the dot lol.

ian-frs
Jun 24, 2010, 12:21 AM
I say we start a line of cars right out front of the mall and parade in at 6.

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 12:22 AM
what looked like a line trying to form but I think security killed it, I moved over by the hotel

CamXCollins
Jun 24, 2010, 12:29 AM
What are you driving akaze?

fearbefore23
Jun 24, 2010, 12:30 AM
whiskey river would make a killing if they stayed open the night threw and ticketed line numbers for apples costumers lol. sucks theirs no "first" until 6? fastest gets it suppose. meanwhile Tampa,NY,SF,and London top 200+ line attendees. talk about making friends! hows the back near the hotel going? im picturing alot of silent care waving and texts.

timt976
Jun 24, 2010, 12:33 AM
I drive a blue s2000. There is 4 of us chillin in Whisky river parking lot.

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 12:33 AM
white 2010 camry I'm still back here seems quiet

CamXCollins
Jun 24, 2010, 12:35 AM
Akaze, your parked right behind me. I'm the black explorer behind you.

And any idea as to what time we should start walking up to the store?

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 12:39 AM
You facing away from the hotel? No idea but some people had said 5ish worked before, I figure security has a protocol to give up at a certain time/number of people but with jso sittin there too I dunno how that effects the game

CamXCollins
Jun 24, 2010, 12:43 AM
Yeah. That's. I say about 5-515 we walk up and see what we can do.

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 12:46 AM
Looks like more people rolled up next to you, there's gotta be quite a few people out and around here

BiggJerry
Jun 24, 2010, 12:47 AM
I've been in line since 8pm at wal Mart in mandrin. Only one here. But I think they may only have one phone.

BiggJerry
Jun 24, 2010, 12:54 AM
http://web16.twitpic.com/img/120001220-911ba710284add8ea0e77e5b4180fee3.4c22f460-scaled.jpg

CamXCollins
Jun 24, 2010, 12:59 AM
Yeah. They're camping out and I've seen a whole bunch of cars rolling around. We need to get up there early. Want to go up at 515 Akaze?

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 01:01 AM
Yea but might even look even earlier than that just to be safe

comncense
Jun 24, 2010, 01:04 AM
Are most of you guys walk-in's, no pre-order?

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 01:10 AM
I am walk in unfortunately, preorder died on me then ship date got pushed out and I am leaving the country for a few weeks this weekend so I was banking on AT&T getting some so I could have one but well that failed. So here I am hoping I might be able to pick one up this morning.

CamXCollins
Jun 24, 2010, 01:15 AM
I'm a walk in. Hoping for the best.

comncense
Jun 24, 2010, 01:17 AM
Good luck guys. I'd venture to say you guys are safe on getting one. I would think Apple would have a good supply of phones for walk in orders, but who knows. This whole process has been crazy this year.

RobbC
Jun 24, 2010, 01:34 AM
Hope those waiting outside town center are having a good night. I'll be up there in a few hours. Mine is reserved but want an early start anyway, as launches are always good times. Was the first one in for an iPad, but I definitely don't expect to be the same for the iPhone 4.

I'll be wearing a Wimbledon tshirt and khaki shorts.

Robb

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 01:58 AM
There's like 20 people now on the hotel parking lot alone

eccentricGTSdvr
Jun 24, 2010, 02:03 AM
There's like 20 people now on the hotel parking lot alone

Thanks for the update of the quantity of people at your location. Is the hotel the best place to park due to the TownC high security "code apple"?

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 02:16 AM
Security won't come over here and cops rode by but didn't come over. No parking left Herr though but appears safe to stand here

saintpako
Jun 24, 2010, 02:20 AM
Security won't come over here and cops rode by but didn't come over. No parking left Herr though but appears safe to stand here

Remember to check for yellow discoloration (http://www.oxyjan.com/oxyjan/2010/06/23/iphone-4-reception-problem/) on the screen guys~ Good luck! Wish I was here.

Pako :apple:

trebormesos
Jun 24, 2010, 02:37 AM
On my way

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 03:01 AM
This is bad, tons of people with a mock line(s) and no real definition of where to go

timt976
Jun 24, 2010, 03:04 AM
It's a cluster **** here

ijen0311
Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 AM
I'm on my way... do you suggest parking at Dick's?

timt976
Jun 24, 2010, 03:23 AM
Park behind barnes & nobles

ian-frs
Jun 24, 2010, 03:31 AM
God damnit sounds about right when I fall asleep...

Akaze
Jun 24, 2010, 03:42 AM
Well they just flipped everything and now I'm at the end of the line. Only good news there are 2 real lines one for preorder one for pick up so get here asap

ijen0311
Jun 24, 2010, 03:56 AM
Made it!! Next to Abercrombie. Red tank top if someone wants to say hi.

BiggJerry
Jun 24, 2010, 03:56 AM
Can some one post a pic of the line ?

ian-frs
Jun 24, 2010, 03:57 AM
Which line is which?

ijen0311
Jun 24, 2010, 04:01 AM
Abercrombie is preorder- Williams Sonoma side is walk in.