Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joannajw1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
My Ipod touch (1st Gen) always says, when I'm using the Maps app, that it cannot find my location. It has no problem producing the maps but I have to type in my starting address every time if I want directions. I read in this forum about updating location on Itunes (on my Mac I assume) but :
a) have not changed location since buying the Mac so shouldn't have to do that and
b) don't see how to do that anyway though I have looked all over.
Not a big deal but it is a pain so if anyone can help...thanks!

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Go here and enter your MAC address (If you don't know how to find it, the website will tell you) and your location. It may take a few weeks for your location to start showing but it should eventually work. If it doesn't work after a few weeks then email them and tell them that you entered your MAC address and location but it's still not showing up on your iPod touch and give them your MAC address and house address (it's trustworthy, I've done it) and it should work not long after that. Also, if you can pick up WiFi signals from neighbors, it could be best to input their MAC address as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.