PDA

View Full Version : Playing HD Movies from iPad to TV

scotty96LSC
Jun 14, 2010, 11:01 AM
Is there a way to:
Connect iPad to HDTV >Play HD Movies from iPad on HD TV?

My searches came up empty but maybe someone has an idea or way. Thanks in advance.

sracer
Jun 14, 2010, 11:13 AM
Is there a way to:

My searches came up empty but maybe someone has an idea or way. Thanks in advance.
There are 2 ways that I know of....
First, using the VGA iPad dongle. (that's for video only, need to connect the audio via the headphone jack to the TV audio in)

Second, use the iPod component cables that attach to the dock port on the iPad. That provides audio and video connectivity to the HD TV.

scotty96LSC
Jun 14, 2010, 01:54 PM
There are 2 ways that I know of....
First, using the VGA iPad dongle. (that's for video only, need to connect the audio via the headphone jack to the TV audio in)

Second, use the iPod component cables that attach to the dock port on the iPad. That provides audio and video connectivity to the HD TV.

I don't believe the playback will be HD though. Analog which is not what we want.

Friscohoya
Jun 14, 2010, 01:58 PM
ipad does not do video out in HD. However, the 480P output looks great on my 110" screen if that is any consolation. Maybe next software update? Not likely though.

sracer
Jun 14, 2010, 02:25 PM
I don't believe the playback will be HD though. Analog which is not what we want.
Well, the iPad doesn't output HD video at all, so the technical answer to your question then is : NO.

onmyd
Jun 16, 2010, 09:08 AM
Is there a way to:

Out of interest - where r u getting HD movies to watch on your iPad? Movies I got from iTunes are standard.