PDA

View Full Version : So iPad Cases are just un-purchasable in stores?

Rob587
Jun 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
I went to two best buys, walmart, radio shack, and the apple store today and didnt see a single iPad case.

Is there really that much demand for them? Do I really need to think about designing a case and putting it in some stores. Apparently its impossible to fail.

lazybusinessman
Jun 14, 2010, 04:44 PM
seems that way. i bought mine online since it was just easier. ive been to a bunch of best buys, apple store, and a couple others. best buy usually has the incase sleeves, and a belkin rubber case..thats about it.

the apple store where i bought my ipad had a few sleeves, and a pink incase rubber sleeve. but nothing else. pretty much cleaned out of all accessories.

horatio8
Jun 14, 2010, 04:45 PM
I went to two best buys, walmart, radio shack, and the apple store today and didnt see a single iPad case.

Is there really that much demand for them? Do I really need to think about designing a case and putting it in some stores. Apparently its impossible to fail.

Just got one today in Boston - they received at least 20 today - best bet is to call your Apple Store around noon when they unpack the day's shipment.

coelacanth
Jun 14, 2010, 05:07 PM
I just dropped by at SF Flagship store to check out some 3rd party cases on Sunday. (got Apple case on the day 1) I couldn't find the section of cases. There were VGA cables, docks, ac adapters where they usually put cases for iPad.

I finally asked the staff if they've moved iPad accessory section. The answer was shocking.

"No you don't see the case section because we are completely sold out of ALL cases."

:eek:

awad
Jun 14, 2010, 05:36 PM
I was finally able to get to an apple store today at the right time. There werent any ipad cases out, but they had them all in the back and you had to ask for 'em.

Rob587
Jun 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
oh if I only knew something about upholstery or silicone prouction lol

Nickash28
Jun 14, 2010, 10:33 PM
I was finally able to get to an apple store today at the right time. There werent any ipad cases out, but they had them all in the back and you had to ask for 'em.

This is great info. You should also share it with the other thread about this topic.

mchank
Jun 15, 2010, 02:57 AM
The Apple store in Arizona had cases out, including a new Contour one that I hadn't see before. It was a snap on plastic case, with a rubbery feel for grip and a separate stand to hold it for typing and movie watching. Same price as the Apple case.

sandydlc
Jun 17, 2010, 10:30 AM
I should mention that if you show up at an Apple store right when they open, that's typically when they get in their new stock. That's when i've seen Apple and InCase cases in stock - afternoons, I've never seen stock of cases.

screensaver400
Jun 17, 2010, 11:04 AM
I was at the USC campus bookstore yesterday and they ha a surprisingly complete collection of iPad cases. Two types from Griffin, one from Incase, the Simplism case with the strap, and two types of MacAlly cases (Bookstand and one other).

I don't know if non-students can buy cases from their computer store, but it may be worth a try if you're local.

Rootus
Jun 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
When I picked up my iPad the other day, the Apple Store I went to had actually removed their iPad accessories section altogether because [i]everything[/b] sold out. That's amazing.

I had no trouble finding a few to choose from at The Mac Store, however. And according to Milo, if I wanted to drive down to Fry's they also have a number of iPad cases in stock.

iFerd
Jun 17, 2010, 04:45 PM
I had been checking the Best Buy web site daily for in store pickup on the Apple iPad case, and yesterday I hit pay dirt. Today it looks like they are gone. But watching the Best Buy site might be better than repeated trips there to see if they have them.

I had two on order from Apple, but it was going to take a month to get them. I canceled that order once the Best Buy email confirmation came through.

Shasta McNasty
Jun 18, 2010, 11:43 PM
Just call the apple stores on a weekly basis when you have an idea of when they get deliveries. I called my local one last Monday around 1 and they said they got them in the morning and had sold out. So the following monday I called 20 mins after the store opened and try had just got a shipment of them. While I was there I saw 9 sold in the span of 10 mins I was there. So they are flying off the shelves