Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milzy007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Lately I have been experiencing a 1% drop in battery life about every 3-4 hours, and sometimes it is more - when I am not using it. I simply check the meter every few hours and it is lower. Overnight, I will lose 3-4% depending on where in the house I store it.

This is starting to concern me because it seems like a recent development, when I first got the iPad I could leave it untouched for a day or two and no battery loss would happen (I didn't have a case yet so I wasn't bringing it outside the house).

Has anyone experienced this? I am really fustrated because this is my second iPad, my first had wifi issues (which the new one solved) but it has these battery issues which the first one didn't.

Thanks in advance.

milzy007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Updated - After speaking to Apple Tech Support

This is interesting. There are a lot of threads like this recently. Mine is experiencing this too.

I just got off the phone with Apple tech support and he said that I should do a restore thru iTunes because there could be a software issue that is causing this. I don't have my laptop at work but will try it when I get home and post my results. He also said if that doesn't work to bring it in to the store and they will take care of the situation.

milzy007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
I just got off the phone with Apple tech support and he said that I should do a restore thru iTunes because there could be a software issue that is causing this. I don't have my laptop at work but will try it when I get home and post my results. He also said if that doesn't work to bring it in to the store and they will take care of the situation.

Has anyone else experienced this???

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Just out of curiosity....have you turned your Wifi off when not using it?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
... and make sure you don't have some app trying to do Notifications that you are not aware of in some default Setting for that app...

jayceee

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2010
Using "push" email will do this too (I'm assuming that this is part of the notifications system).

Once I turned on push email I noticed I started getting new email "beeps" while my ipad was supposedly asleep. It definitely keeps the wifi on in some sort of half-awake mode.

I wish the email had a "only push while awake" option, because I would like push email notifications when I'm actively using it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.