Jun 14, 2010, 04:23 PM
Who will be there on Launch Day? :D

Blue26
Jun 15, 2010, 06:29 PM
Who will be there on Launch Day? :D

:D + 1

Jill1228
Jun 15, 2010, 08:04 PM
I was planning to (I live near Tracy and that is the closest location), but since I have an acupuncture appointment in Oakland at 9:30 am, I am going to get up hella early, take the Bart into the city and go to the downtown location

Flipfrancis1203
Jun 16, 2010, 01:16 AM
i will be there!:D +1

i plan to wake up around 5am and be there around 5:30ish. im from hayward,ca. Where will the entrance be? by Cheesecake factory side??

Blue26
Jun 16, 2010, 01:10 PM
I assume entrance by CF.

I was going to hit the store this weekend and see if they have a plan for any lines. Does the mall even open at 7 ?

I've never participated in a launch, will seem awfully uneventful if there's just a handful of people waiting .. hehe :)

jaycee520
Jun 16, 2010, 01:18 PM
.....will see u guys :D

puregreddy
Jun 16, 2010, 03:20 PM
about 30 of us or so will be there..........prolly around midnight / 1AM........

I'm assuming the cheesecake factory entrance......

khmaikiew
Jun 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
I plan on going there around 4 or 5. Hopefullym they have the lines separated for the reserves and for the walk-ins. I'm coming from around Tracy, so it's going to be a pain trying to reach the store with traffic going towards Pleasanton.

^^^30 people by midnight!?!?! I just read that and wow lol. This is going to be a great launch .

Flipfrancis1203
Jun 16, 2010, 11:09 PM
this sounds FUN!! lol! i'll see you guys! i'll bring my ipad just incase i get bored in line.. haha!!

khmaikiew
Jun 17, 2010, 01:01 AM
Sounds good...I'm still trying to figure out when I should head over to the Apple Store...I just wanna be out of there before 9 . haha.

puregreddy
Jun 17, 2010, 08:39 AM
about 30 of us or so will be there..........prolly around midnight / 1AM........

I'm assuming the cheesecake factory entrance......

In an attempt to prevent people from freaking out, of the 30 of us, only 4 are getting phones, the rest are there because they've got nothing else to do..........:confused::confused:

Also, being told by mall security (...haha that just sounds so funny, sorry...) that they won't let anyone line up until around 6:00am ish.......:cool:

BConvery
Jun 17, 2010, 09:17 PM
I'll be there, but I can't get there until about 11am due to work. I went to the store today to see what the plan would be. The guy told me it would probably be just like the iPad release. They are going to have 2 lines, one for reserved and the other for walk-ups. The reserve line should be to the left, as you are looking at the front of the store and will go down towards the door where The Cheesecake Factory is. The other one will extend into the mall. He said there would be employees walking around to make sure people know which line is which. I have one reserved, so I hope the line goes pretty quickly.....I'll be the one with the flask.
:D

sal
Jun 18, 2010, 07:58 PM
why would this be a bigger launch than last year? Last year, I arrived at around 3pm. there was like 10 people in front of me and there were a lot of 3GS left when I got mine. Unreserved.

Hype kind of annoys me.

leo8877
Jun 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
I have a group of 3 that is planning on being there in the morning to try and get unreserved phones.

musicrocks182
Jun 19, 2010, 03:12 AM
Last year for the 3GS launch was a disaster because of Mall Security.

I got there around 5am with a couple friends and there were about 7 people in the parking lot and I thought "Where is everyone??" So we get up to the CF door and then security rolls around and tells us we have to go across the street till 6am. So we go across the street and theres a good 30 people over there waiting with no line or anything. It was ridiculous. Plan to be frustrated unless they learned their lesson from last year. Ill be there around 5-6.

W8tin4iphone4
Jun 19, 2010, 08:17 PM
I've never camped out for an iPhone before but did once for the Wii launch in 2006. I was thinking of going there around midnight since I do not have reservations, though I am certain it will be the entrance next to Cheesecake Factory that the line will go through.

jasonstweeting
Jun 20, 2010, 09:57 PM
why would this be a bigger launch than last year? Last year, I arrived at around 3pm. there was like 10 people in front of me and there were a lot of 3GS left when I got mine. Unreserved.

Hype kind of annoys me.

60k iPhone 3Gs's reserved last year. 600k iPhone 4's reserved this year. Hmm.... if my math is correct, those 10 people will now become 100.

jaycee520
Jun 21, 2010, 10:28 AM
I've never camped out for an iPhone before but did once for the Wii launch in 2006. I was thinking of going there around midnight since I do not have reservations, though I am certain it will be the entrance next to Cheesecake Factory that the line will go through.

I was at Stoneridge yesterday and talked to some security guys and i was told they wont let anyone near the mall or park there till 5AM...that suck:mad:

Flipfrancis1203
Jun 21, 2010, 11:45 AM
I was at Stoneridge yesterday and talked to some security guys and i was told they wont let anyone near the mall or park there till 5AM...that suck:mad:

thats fine for me. i wont be there til 5:30am.. :D

BConvery
Jun 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
What do you guys think of a group twitter account? I thought if people could tweet how its going, it would be interesting to others in line or who about to be. I won't make it there until about 10:30am so it'd be cool so see how its been going for other who've been there already. I set up a group twitter account:

stnrgeiphone4

Not sure if I did it right, so if someone who knows what the eff they're doing (since clearly its not me) can set one up or help me, that be great.

BConvery
Jun 22, 2010, 12:27 PM
Anyone?

fyoz
Jun 22, 2010, 06:14 PM
60k iPhone 3Gs's reserved last year. 600k iPhone 4's reserved this year. Hmm.... if my math is correct, those 10 people will now become 100.

Launch meet ups aren't hype?

This is very meta.

almightykingms
Jun 22, 2010, 07:04 PM
+2 for the apple store. Me and a friend are coming, unreserved. Probably gonna get there around 5 or so. You guys all heard the Steve Wozniak is goin to the Valley Faire apple store for launch right?

khmaikiew
Jun 22, 2010, 08:01 PM
What do you guys think of a group twitter account? I thought if people could tweet how its going, it would be interesting to others in line or who about to be. I won't make it there until about 10:30am so it'd be cool so see how its been going for other who've been there already. I set up a group twitter account:

stnrgeiphone4

Not sure if I did it right, so if someone who knows what the eff they're doing (since clearly its not me) can set one up or help me, that be great.

Follow me @khmaijpz I sent a mention to you @stnrgeiphone4 if you haven't seen it already . I'm updating all morning so check it out I'll mention you ere and there for important details . There until the apple store opens ! Hope that helps .

5 is definitely a good time all that mall security stuff is going to get us ..

Haha I wish I could see the woz but with 2000 reserves and walkins I'm glad I'm in Pleasanton .

BConvery
Jun 22, 2010, 11:01 PM
I think I set the account wrong......not really a shocker, but I'll add you to my personal one. Looking forward to the updates...

MrDelux24
Jun 23, 2010, 12:12 AM
Ill be there with the green macbook pro watching TV in my lawn chair and cooler with drinks in there :)

darwen
Jun 23, 2010, 12:12 AM
Follow me @khmaijpz

I'll be following you too! Thanks in advance for the updates.

jake21ballin
Jun 23, 2010, 01:21 AM
Ill also be coming around 5-ish....does anyone know how many units the apple store will be carrying?

dlamin517
Jun 23, 2010, 02:53 AM
Ill proly end up goin there around 5 as well. Does the mall open at 9?

jake21ballin
Jun 23, 2010, 11:16 AM
Ill proly end up goin there around 5 as well. Does the mall open at 9?

They will let us into the mall at 6 but other stores wont be open

leo8877
Jun 23, 2010, 12:48 PM
For veterans of iPhone launches at Stoneridge, do we go into the mall at the Cheesecake Factory entrance? Will they let you go use the restrooms in the mall if you need?

jaycee520
Jun 23, 2010, 06:13 PM
See u all guys there at 5 then..hope all of us get something

chrisspov
Jun 24, 2010, 02:25 AM
Do you guys think 3am is too early?

khmaikiew
Jun 24, 2010, 04:35 AM
Do you guys think 3am is too early?

Yeah .. We were at the mall at 1am they kicked us out . Show up around 5am . Follow me on twitter as I update statuses . @khmaijpz

almightykingms
Jun 24, 2010, 04:37 AM
3am is probably too early. The mall security probably won't even let us line up until Like 5am. 5 is probably the best time to come.

bluenoise
Jun 24, 2010, 07:03 AM
How's it looking?

Flipfrancis1203
Jun 24, 2010, 07:32 AM
How's it looking?

Crazy I would say. They are letting with reservation to go inside mall and those without reservations to wait outside. I arrived at 5:25am and I'm like the 500th in line. Lol. Seriously!

BConvery
Jun 24, 2010, 07:37 AM
Wow! That sounds crazy. I drove by at 4:30 on the way to work, I was pretty sure there were going to be a ton of accidents as people tried to find a parking spot when they let you guys on the property. Be there about 10:30ish with reservation, luckily....

Flipfrancis1203
Jun 24, 2010, 01:33 PM
i left stoneridge around 9:45am but the line was still long. they guy from apple estimates 3-4hours wait from the very end. I'm very happy with my iphone 4! enjoy your iPhone 4 guys and i'll see you again next year maybe...;):apple:

BConvery
Jun 24, 2010, 04:51 PM
Line for reserves is running about 4 hours and not getting smaller...

Blue26
Jun 24, 2010, 06:28 PM
Got there at 5:02am, phone in hand by 8:47 .. Was aprox 100th in reservation line. Went quicker than I expected, WOW there were a s-load of people!

Given the length of the reserve line and how crazy the walk-in line got, I really don't see why people stuck around. Would be interested to know how many people end up getting phones from that line.

Thanks to @khmaijpz for the updates ... I was going to show up 6-7ish, until you said it was getting crazy at 4.

profec291
Jun 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
I was at Stoneridge at about noon today and the reservation line snaked through to the other side of the mall! Guess i'll wait for the hype to die down.

W8tin4iphone4
Jun 24, 2010, 08:36 PM
Since I had no reservations, I went there at 4:30 am to line up and walked out with an iPhone 4 at 5 pm. Yes, I just spent 12+ hours sitting in the mall - I think I need to check my sanity. They had a 5 or 6 to 1 reservation to walk-in ratio going into the store so the walk-in people like myself waited and waited and waited....

However, turns out most of the walk-in's will get their iPhone 4's today so good things come to those who wait (half a day)?

thedge18
Jun 24, 2010, 08:50 PM
Since I had no reservations, I went there at 4:30 am to line up and walked out with an iPhone 4 at 5 pm. Yes, I just spent 12+ hours sitting in the mall - I think I need to check my sanity. They had a 5 or 6 to 1 reservation to walk-in ratio going into the store so the walk-in people like myself waited and waited and waited....

However, turns out most of the walk-in's will get their iPhone 4's today so good things come to those who wait (half a day)?

How was the walkin line when you left?

808geek
Jun 24, 2010, 08:53 PM

I went after work and got there about 2:30pm. I have a reservation and the line went all the way down to almost JC Penney and it snaked through where Macy's is at which made it even longer. The employee at the door was so nice and helpful and he said its been like that all day and guesstimated it would be roughly a 4 hour wait maybe longer. Not sure what the ratio was, didn't think to ask that at the time. I just couldn't get over how long the line was. I just really didn't see waiting that long, to me it's not the end of the world if I don't get a phone on launch day. Although he did give me a card that holds my phone until the end of the day tomorrow to be able to come back. It was an official looking courtesy card so to me obviously Apple knew they would run into this problem. They gave out a number of them already earlier in the day to those with reservations who either couldn't wait or didn't want to wait. He said they would get through majority of the line before the mall closes tonight, apparently they asked for an extended closing time tonight, not sure when that would be, the employee said 10:30pm and a person in line said midnight. Funny thing though, the no-reserve line was quite a bit shorter over the reserved line. I'll take a guess of 300 for non-reserve and more than double that for the reserved line. He suggested I get there early tomorrow so I wouldn't have to wait so long. Unfortunately I do have to work, so I'll try to get off early and get there by 10am, and see how long I'm willing to wait. Its friday tomorrow so I'll be more willing to wait longer since no work on Saturday for me.

W8tin4iphone4
Jun 24, 2010, 10:33 PM
How was the walkin line when you left?

It snaked around to the side of the Pottery Barn Kids' store - where I was when the mall opened yesterday at 5:30 am. Apparently, the Stoneridge store is stocked up pretty well for the iPhone 4's but walk-ins do have to wait a long time.

jaycee520
Jun 24, 2010, 11:08 PM
...got there at around 4:45AM just about when the mad rush began..my son literally jumped off the car to join the madness...LOL walked out the Apple store just before 3PM with 2 16GB...that would be the last time im doing this..maybe:)

puregreddy
Jun 24, 2010, 11:11 PM
...got there at around 4:45AM just about when the mad rush began..my son literally jumped off the car to join the madness...LOL walked out the Apple store just before 3PM with 2 16GB...that would be the last time im doing this..maybe:)

I'm kinda shocked that there wasn't any accidents during that 4:45AM rush......it was sort of funny but not funny.....I saw people stopping their cars in the middle of the road to get out and get their place in line.........:D:D:D:D

BConvery
Jun 25, 2010, 01:09 AM
Well, my earlier post while I was in line wasn't quite accurate....it ended up being 7 hours in the reserve line. I feel a little dirty about "wasting" that much time waiting for a phone, but at about the 4 hour mark, you figured if you left then, the previous 4 hours were wasted. It sucked while I was in line, but doesn't seem so bad as I play with the new shiny. I don't need to have the newest thing, but we're leaving for vacation soon and if I didn't get it today, it'd be after vacation as they will only ship to the billing address, and I really wanted the video camera to take with me. Everyone in line was very cool, bathroom and take-a-walk stretch breaks were no problem with the people around me. The Apple people were up and down the line with water/coffee and pizza, so at least you could tell they gave a ****. The funny thing was, it was 7 hours to get into the store and literally 7 minutes to leave with my activated phone. The guy who helped me said the servers were running a little slow and it might be up to half an hour to activate, but it was near instantaneous after he hit the button. I guess I wouldn't do it again if all possible, but as 7 hour waits go....it was as pleasant as it could have been.:p

808geek
Jun 25, 2010, 08:53 AM
How is it going this morning? How long is the line already? I'm hoping to show up by mid morning. I went yesterday afternoon after work and it was insane even for the reserved line. I walked away, I just couldn't wait in line that long, not when I have to be at work the next morning @ 5am. I spoke with one guy at the front of the reserve line and asked how long he had been waiting and he said 645am and it was 245pm at the time, so he already waited 8 hours and its a reserved phone.

If anyone can let me know how the lines are going that would be great.

808geek
Jun 25, 2010, 02:39 PM
Got there just before 10am. There was roughly 30-40 people in the walk-in line. There was no one in the reserve line, they still had that line for those who received claim tickets yesterday cuz you had a reserve phone but weren't able to pick it up. So I was one of those people who had a claim ticket and was the only one in the reserve line and a few others showed up after me. I wait about 2 to 3 mins if that. It took about 1 to 2 mins to check out and then about 1 minute to activate. So 5 to 7 mins, 10 mins @ the max and I was done. Now that is what I like!! Glad I bought a bumper yesterday because they were sold out of those. They may get another shipment today of the bumpers but they weren't positive about that.

jaycee520
Jun 25, 2010, 10:39 PM
I'm kinda shocked that there wasn't any accidents during that 4:45AM rush......it was sort of funny but not funny.....I saw people stopping their cars in the middle of the road to get out and get their place in line.........:D:D:D:D

Yup..thanks God nobody got hurt...just happy that everybody got on line with no problem..heard some guys was actually hiding in the bushes and dumpster without the security seeing them..i thought that was funny....:D it was fun and a carnival atmosphere..Apple was kind enough to serve food and drinks.....:)