PDA

View Full Version : Washington Square, Tigard, OR

engelke2010
Jun 14, 2010, 04:58 PM
I finally decided to definitely do a store pickup at the Apple store in Washington Square. Who else is gonna be there? I will be happy once I know more details about launch day there!

iCoug
Jun 14, 2010, 05:39 PM
I was at Washington Square last year, just because the parking is so much easier then Pioneer place. That's probably where I'll end up this time around too.

weeman
Jun 15, 2010, 02:41 AM
I normally camp out in SoCal but looks like this year I'll be at Washington Square cause I'm going to school in OR (NO TAX = WIN)

@iCoug: How was it last year? What time did you get there?

engelke2010
Jun 15, 2010, 02:48 AM
Yes, when did you get there and how long were you in line after they started? Was there two lines - one for reservations and the other for people who didn't reserve? Did they handle reservations first and not the other people until they were done with reservations?

engelke2010
Jun 16, 2010, 10:16 PM
I posted a message in Washington Square's Facebook page, asking them when they would let people wait inside. I was told at 6am, which is very ridiculous. I don't want to wait for hours outside in the likelihood that it will be chilly that morning.

iCHiRS
Jun 16, 2010, 10:30 PM
I got to Washington Sq. at about 3am for the launch of the 3G and I was the 3rd person in line. The two that were ahead of me had been there since about midnight. By 5am the line started to get pretty big....but yeah. I reserved mine for pick up at W. Square.....not sure when I'm gonna head there though. Although I do anticipate that this iPhone launch will be way bigger than the 3G or 3G S launch. Thinkin' bout swingin' by Shari's on Garden Home and Olsen for some breakfast and coffee to-go.....anybody care to join, pm me :D

spblat
Jun 18, 2010, 06:39 PM
See all y'all there. What do you veterans expect in terms of folks with reservations? Will there be two lines or something? During iPad launch, I recall that anybody could walk into the store but there was a line to buy iPads that weren't already spoken for.

cjt3007
Jun 18, 2010, 06:44 PM
I've been in every iPhone line at washington square... was first in line for the 3Gs and the iPad 3G, don't remember where I was for the 3G though. I'm planning on being first for the iPhone 4, but I'm not sure when people are going to get there, for the 3Gs I think I got there at 3ish.

spblat
Jun 18, 2010, 06:54 PM
See all y'all there. What do you veterans expect in terms of folks with reservations? Will there be two lines or something? During iPad launch, I recall that anybody could walk into the store but there was a line to buy iPads that weren't already spoken for.
From the Glendale Galleria thread:
I think the iPad launch was the first one where they did in-store reservations, and I got there about 40 minutes before the store opened and had my iPad in hand within an hour or so. I'd say if you get there around 6-6:30 you probably wouldn't be the first there, but you wouldn't be that far back in line. You might consider asking security how they're handling it and what time they're letting people line up.
I'll be there at about 6.

spblat
Jun 19, 2010, 04:48 PM
I talked to a store employee today. Engelke2010 is right: mall doors open at 6 AM. Apple employees will be milling around starting at 5, indoors and out. He expects the line to form prior to 6 at the mall's main entrance by Cheesecake Factory, but cautioned me against blindly assuming this come Thursday morning.

There will be two lines. One for those with preorder reservations, and one for those walking in for unreserved iPhones. "If you have a reservation, you will get your iPhone on Thursday."

See y'all at 6. I'll be wearing my IBM hat :-)

cjt3007
Jun 20, 2010, 04:11 AM
That is odd, we've always waited outside the food court in the past.

engelke2010
Jun 20, 2010, 08:45 AM
Stupid question... would I lose my place in line if I went to the restroom once the mall opens?

Oh, spblat...do you work at IBM or just have an IBM hat?

spblat
Jun 20, 2010, 10:10 AM
I used to, via an acquisition several years ago. Left in 2008 but I still use my bizcards to get discounts (shhhhh) :-)

iCHiRS
Jun 20, 2010, 10:41 AM
Stupid question... would I lose my place in line if I went to the restroom once the mall opens?

Oh, spblat...do you work at IBM or just have an IBM hat?

meh...I doubt it. I'm sure you're spot would be held...

cjt3007
Jun 22, 2010, 06:57 PM
I have confirmed the statement made by spblat that we are to wait by the Cheese Cake Factory entrance. The doors open at 6 AM and the phone goes on sale at 7 AM. There will be one line for reservations, and one for walk-ins.

Hope to see everyone there!

weeman
Jun 22, 2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks for all the info and the confirmation...I'll be seein ya guys there!

I'll probably get there around 530 and chill in the parkin lot until I see people lining up.

JoEw
Jun 22, 2010, 10:57 PM
is 4am to early to go?
I don't need to be first in line, but i wanna make sure i get a phone Thursday...

spblat
Jun 23, 2010, 12:58 AM
If you don't have a reservation then my intuition is that 4AM is a good time if you simply must have an iPhone this week. Or you could head on over there...NOW. :-)

engelke2010
Jun 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
If you don't have a reservation then my intuition is that 4AM is a good time if you simply must have an iPhone this week. Or you could head on over there...NOW. :-)

I've heard rumors that Apple will be like AT&T and do reservations only through next Monday.

To the people who do have reservations, what time are you going to show up? I still haven't decided yet myself. Part of me wants the phone ASAP, but part of me doesn't want to wait in line for a few hours.

spblat
Jun 23, 2010, 12:36 PM
To the people who do have reservations, what time are you going to show up? I still haven't decided yet myself. Part of me wants the phone ASAP, but part of me doesn't want to wait in line for a few hours.
I'm showing up when the mall doors open at 6. AND I AM STARTING TO GET EXCITED :eek:

engelke2010
Jun 23, 2010, 01:40 PM
I just spoke with an Apple person. There will be some for walk-ins, but not that many. How they move the lines depends on how many are in each line. Sounds like the reserve line will move a LOT faster than the walk-in line.

JoEw
Jun 23, 2010, 03:34 PM
I just spoke with an Apple person. There will be some for walk-ins, but not that many. How they move the lines depends on how many are in each line. Sounds like the reserve line will move a LOT faster than the walk-in line.

yeah sadly i won't be in the reservation line, is 4am not early enough for me i need to make sure i get this phone tomorrow... also cheesecake factory entrance is where the line starts is that correct?

spblat
Jun 23, 2010, 05:05 PM
also cheesecake factory entrance is where the line starts is that correct?

That is what is currently believed. You might want to orbit the mall before you park to see if people are congregating at other entrances. But all accounts are that it's by CF.

iCHiRS
Jun 23, 2010, 08:12 PM
Well, my plan for being at the mall at 1am is shot. Just called the Cheesecake Factory.....AND.....the line has ALREADY started! 15 people are there.....so. Yeah. I might just head there soon. PM me if yer gonna show up before tomorrow....oh, and "reserved" means "reserved on a first come first serve" basis. Meaning: if they get 500 reserves and they get through those reserves at noon, and you show up at 2, you might be SOL.......

JoEw
Jun 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
wow wait a minute there are iphones waiting for people with reservations correct?

so theres no way that a person with a reservation can take the iphones set aside for people who just wanna do a walk in purchase?

im freakin out about there already being 15 people... that means if i get there at 4. there might not even be enough iphones left.

iCHiRS
Jun 24, 2010, 12:02 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

wow wait a minute there are iphones waiting for people with reservations correct?

so theres no way that a person with a reservation can take the iphones set aside for people who just wanna do a walk in purchase?

im freakin out about there already being 15 people... that means if i get there at 4. there might not even be enough iphones left.

That's what I was told by the 2 store managers that were there. As for the line, it's about 30 people deep right now. I just talked to mall security. So I'm headed up there now......

spblat
Jun 24, 2010, 12:56 AM
Holy crap, 30 already? Wow. I'm reassuring myself my reservation is safe. I'm quite sure it is. See y'all at 6. Good hunting!

weeman
Jun 24, 2010, 01:29 AM
Damn 30 there already? Ugggh man...might have to cruise down there earlier than I had hoped.

cjt3007
Jun 24, 2010, 06:03 AM
There are apporx. 70 people in line now. I'm right next to iCHiRS. And we're about 30th in line, sadly some people in front of us don't have reservations... Who knows if they are gonna get an iPhone. Only time will tell.

On a side note, in review posted by the awesome Stephen Fry, he made a note that the glass on the back of the device may lead to solar charging in future versions... What are your takes on this?

Here is a link to the review:
http://www.stephenfry.com/2010/06/23/iphone-4-a-welcome-and-a-warning/

spblat
Jun 24, 2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the Fry review. His iPad review was great. Hi from Lego store. The line goes to Dick's and beyond!

engelke2010
Jun 24, 2010, 11:15 AM
I am home with my new i4. With it being the first time I stood in line for something, it went VERY well. I got there around 6am and had my phone by 8:30. I couldn't believe the amount of people who didn't have reservations who were in line ahead of me. I felt bad for them when I went ahead of what seems like 60% of the people in line. I was really glad to have a lot of nice people around me to chat with and made the time fly by!

But now I am going back to sleep for a little bit while the phone syncs with iTunes.

iCHiRS
Jun 24, 2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the Fry review. His iPad review was great. Hi from Lego store. The line goes to Dick's and beyond!

did you get yours?

iCHiRS
Jun 24, 2010, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=cjt3007;10302164]There are apporx. 70 people in line now. I'm right next to iCHiRS. And we're about 30th in line, sadly some people in front of us don't have reservations... Who knows if they are gonna get an iPhone. Only time will tell.

Nice meeting you (again)! Sux you couldn't hold on to your Unlimited Data plan. Anyhow, how're you liking it so far?

spblat
Jun 24, 2010, 02:08 PM
did you get yours?

I did. Don't hate me but I was outtathere by 8:50. OMFG it's gonna be worth the wait. Hope you all get yer 4's. I cannot overstate my delight with this phone.

iCHiRS
Jun 24, 2010, 02:28 PM
I did. Don't hate me but I was outtathere by 8:50. OMFG it's gonna be worth the wait. Hope you all get yer 4's. I cannot overstate my delight with this phone.

Yeah man...Apple went over the top, IMO, with this phone. And the activation process was even better! I was the 1st person in at 7am, and I was out by 7:10! I'm so sleep deprived right now, but I don't care. I can't put the phone down!:D

engelke2010
Jun 24, 2010, 06:45 PM
I went back to the mall at about 1:30 so I could get a new microfiber cloth at a sunglasses place. After I got it, I was going towards the Apple store to find out when they told the walk-in crowd that they were all out, when I found there was STILL a line (albeit not that long) near AT&T. There was still a decent sized reserved line in front of Apple, which I did totally know would happen. I would have thought, though, by that time, there wouldn't be anymore walk-ins. Is this a normal thing for launch day?

iCHiRS
Jun 24, 2010, 10:00 PM
I went back to the mall at about 1:30 so I could get a new microfiber cloth at a sunglasses place. After I got it, I was going towards the Apple store to find out when they told the walk-in crowd that they were all out, when I found there was STILL a line (albeit not that long) near AT&T. There was still a decent sized reserved line in front of Apple, which I did totally know would happen. I would have thought, though, by that time, there wouldn't be anymore walk-ins. Is this a normal thing for launch day?

It is. Especially for the iPhone 4.

spblat
Jun 24, 2010, 10:47 PM
It is. Especially for the iPhone 4.

Yep, it's been exactly like this every time there's been an iPhone 4 launch :-D

spblat
Oct 13, 2011, 11:00 PM
Is anybody lined up or planning to walk-in at Washington Square for a 4S? Not me but I sorta miss it, having been there for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 launches.

cjt3007
Oct 14, 2011, 08:56 AM
I am not able to make it for the first time in FIVE years! :'(

I preordered mine instead, but will be there in spirit!

spblat
Oct 14, 2011, 10:13 AM
From the silence I wonder if this is the place to go if you're looking for a walk-in 4S.