Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squidcore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Hey, I'm using a mac to power my tv home theater system. I've got an issue and I know there's a solution out there. First off let me explain my setup.
I've got a headless horseman (first gen macbookpro without a display) hooked up via dvi and toslink to a box that converts DVI and toslink into a single HDMI signal. Then I'm running HDMI into my AV receiver and then into my tv.

Problem is, the picture doesn't fit the TV correctly at any standard HD resolution, overscan or not.

I've tried swapping out computers with a mac mini, changing resolutions, turning overscan on or off, all to no avail.

Does anyone know of a way to manually set the output resolution so I can manually adjust the output to make it fit my tv?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
on your tv, check the aspect ratio settings, if you have a "just scan" try that, otherwise try going through the other options.
On my tv, a recent LG LCD - naming the input as "PC" instantly fixed all my similar problems.

squidcore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
on your tv, check the aspect ratio settings, if you have a "just scan" try that, otherwise try going through the other options.
On my tv, a recent LG LCD - naming the input as "PC" instantly fixed all my similar problems.

Dude....

I owe you a 6-pack

set my LG to "just scan" and all of my problems are solved for 720p and 1080p.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.