PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati, OH or Louisville, KY?

makefunnyfaces
Jun 14, 2010, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure which one I'll go to, but it will be one of the two! :)

SheepNutz
Jun 15, 2010, 11:44 AM
I'll be at the Cincinnati one, bright and early!

makefunnyfaces
Jun 15, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'll be at the Cincinnati one, bright and early!

So will I! I was thinking 5:00 AM. Is it usually high volume? I've only been to Louisville & Columbus.

SheepNutz
Jun 15, 2010, 08:39 PM
The lines can get long, but I'm not sure about the line for people that actually reserved phones. There's always lots of people that come up there without a reserved phone trying to buy one. Back when the 3G came out (before Apple did reservations), an Apple employee told me that they would have more coming in the friday after launch day (one week to the day after launch. I didn't even try to get one on launch day then). They opened at 8AM I think, and I got there around 6:30 and there were two guys already in line ahead of me. It turns out they only had 3 16GB 3G iPhones come in, and that's what we all wanted, so anyone that came after us had to settle for 8GB. I have absolutely no clue how it's going to be next Thursday. Hopefully there won't be much of a line at 6AM when I get there. I can't imagine it being too bad. See ya then.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 16, 2010, 04:04 AM
The lines can get long, but I'm not sure about the line for people that actually reserved phones. There's always lots of people that come up there without a reserved phone trying to buy one. Back when the 3G came out (before Apple did reservations), an Apple employee told me that they would have more coming in the friday after launch day (one week to the day after launch. I didn't even try to get one on launch day then). They opened at 8AM I think, and I got there around 6:30 and there were two guys already in line ahead of me. It turns out they only had 3 16GB 3G iPhones come in, and that's what we all wanted, so anyone that came after us had to settle for 8GB. I have absolutely no clue how it's going to be next Thursday. Hopefully there won't be much of a line at 6AM when I get there. I can't imagine it being too bad. See ya then.

Thanks for all of the information. See ya!

JuiceZ
Jun 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
Anyone from the 'Ville meeting up at the Apple Store Oxmoor? I have a couple iPhone's reserved for my wife and I. I'll probably be there between 6-6:30am.

jcmoney1010
Jun 17, 2010, 04:32 PM
Ill be at the ville early early. I dont have a reservation, what do you think my odds are of getting one? Last year i didn't reserve one and i showed up around 6 am and had no problem, but with the huge number of pre orders im a little worried i wont get one this year.

JuiceZ
Jun 17, 2010, 05:49 PM
Ill be at the ville early early. I dont have a reservation, what do you think my odds are of getting one? Last year i didn't reserve one and i showed up around 6 am and had no problem, but with the huge number of pre orders im a little worried i wont get one this year.

That's a good question. Even with reservations I'm a little nervous myself lol.

jcmoney1010
Jun 17, 2010, 06:28 PM

ya im seriously considering getting there at 1 am, and just trying to be the first one there. Last year the mall security wouldn't let us even line up outside the mall till 6 am, but alot of us just stayed in our cars and waited. If they do it like last year then they will have 2 lines, one for the reservations and one for the walk ins, hopefully thats how they will do it this year.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 18, 2010, 12:16 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Hah, I'm still nervous, too. I don't think the store is too high traffic, so getting there around 4 should be cool if you don't have a reservation. Don't take my word for it, though. :p

JuiceZ
Jun 18, 2010, 09:17 AM
ya im seriously considering getting there at 1 am, and just trying to be the first one there. Last year the mall security wouldn't let us even line up outside the mall till 6 am, but alot of us just stayed in our cars and waited. If they do it like last year then they will have 2 lines, one for the reservations and one for the walk ins, hopefully thats how they will do it this year.

Thanks for the heads up! Guess I better get there by 6am then. I'm trying to get in and get out cause we're leaving for vacation later that morning and the wife ain't having it if I'm out there all day :D

ashad0509
Jun 18, 2010, 06:34 PM
I plan on getting to the Cincinnati one around midnight

DmbShn41
Jun 18, 2010, 07:16 PM
I will be at the Cincy store and I have a confirmed reservation. I plan on getting there around 5:30-6:00am. Hopefully it won't be long cause I have to be at work around 9am. In the past, has there been two lines at the Cincy store? One for walk in and one for reservation. Where are all the Cincy people?

jackbandy
Jun 18, 2010, 08:28 PM
So I haven't reserved mine.. (Apple isn't letting you at this point, are they?). A bit nervous about getting it first day.

I was planning on camping out but sounds like that's a no-no. Sounds like I'll have just as good a chance of getting one if I show up at 6:00AM as I would if I showed up at 6:00PM the night before... Eh?

makefunnyfaces
Jun 18, 2010, 10:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

So I haven't reserved mine.. (Apple isn't letting you at this point, are they?). A bit nervous about getting it first day.

I was planning on camping out but sounds like that's a no-no. Sounds like I'll have just as good a chance of getting one if I show up at 6:00AM as I would if I showed up at 6:00PM the night before... Eh?

You could always park across the street somewhere & show up when the rent-a-cops let ya in.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 18, 2010, 10:43 PM

I will be at the Cincy store and I have a confirmed reservation. I plan on getting there around 5:30-6:00am. Hopefully it won't be long cause I have to be at work around 9am. In the past, has there been two lines at the Cincy store? One for walk in and one for reservation. Where are all the Cincy people?

I reserved, also. Never been to the Cincy one, but that's where I'll be going this time. I plan to get there around 4:30 or 5:00. I want to be in & out ASAP, so I want to be one of the first in line. Every apple store launch I've been to has had two lines - reserved & campers.

BigBeast
Jun 19, 2010, 04:51 AM
I'll be at cincy sometime on launch day. I reserved mine there- and from other posts and comments, it looks like Apple does a good job of honoring the reservations. So with that said, I may get there early, or may stroll in nonchalantly later. A bunch of my friends and I are hittin cincy and and Newport right so I'll probably show up smelling like booze and strippers :cool:... Ahhh good times:) see you there!!

Sent from the best iPhone yet- the 3GS- soon to be ousted from it's throne by my reserved iPhone 4.

bairda
Jun 19, 2010, 07:49 AM
Anyone from the 'Ville meeting up at the Apple Store Oxmoor? I have a couple iPhone's reserved for my wife and I. I'll probably be there between 6-6:30am.

During the 3GS and Ipad launch @ the Apple Store Oxmoor/Louisville, I was able to get in line by 6am or so. That put me ~ 5th person or so in line for the Ipad and ~20th in line for the 3GS.

They open it early for the "Mall Walkers" and the Pannera Bread store is open that early. It has an entrance on the inside of the mall that you can walk out of and get to the Apple Store.

The Apple people always provide water and coffee/doughnuts for customers in line.

Generally the lines are long and slow. During the Ipad launch they had a system where they let 1 non-reserved customer in to the store for every 15 or so reserved ones. They kept track with a clicker. If you are non-reserved/non-preorder it could be a long (and if you aren't at the front of the line) unproductive day.

I think the crowds will be very big for this launch. Demand has already far outstripped supply and I think that there will be a good number of disappointed people on launch day. I hope it isn't so, but that is the way things are shaping up.
YMMV.

jonjames
Jun 19, 2010, 08:22 AM
so last year i didnt reserve and was able to get the 3gs from the apple store in kenwood but i stood in line for hours and was there before they ever let us in the mall, im not sure about this year but I HAVE TO HAVE ONE on launch day. i sold my 3gs last week and have been phoneless since. what about walmart arent they getting them on launch day?

SheepNutz
Jun 19, 2010, 08:48 AM
so last year i didnt reserve and was able to get the 3gs from the apple store in kenwood but i stood in line for hours and was there before they ever let us in the mall, im not sure about this year but I HAVE TO HAVE ONE on launch day. i sold my 3gs last week and have been phoneless since. what about walmart arent they getting them on launch day?

Do you remember what time they actually let you inside the mall?

Nuke Man
Jun 19, 2010, 09:32 AM
During the 3GS and Ipad launch @ the Apple Store Oxmoor/Louisville, I was able to get in line by 6am or so. That put me ~ 5th person or so in line for the Ipad and ~20th in line for the 3GS.

They open it early for the "Mall Walkers" and the Pannera Bread store is open that early. It has an entrance on the inside of the mall that you can walk out of and get to the Apple Store.

The Apple people always provide water and coffee/doughnuts for customers in line.

Generally the lines are long and slow. During the Ipad launch they had a system where they let 1 non-reserved customer in to the store for every 15 or so reserved ones. They kept track with a clicker. If you are non-reserved/non-preorder it could be a long (and if you aren't at the front of the line) unproductive day.

I think the crowds will be very big for this launch. Demand has already far outstripped supply and I think that there will be a good number of disappointed people on launch day. I hope it isn't so, but that is the way things are shaping up.
YMMV.I was in the Oxmoor store on Wednesday and an associate to me that they have 1,000 confirmed reservations at that store for the 24th !

bairda
Jun 19, 2010, 09:44 AM
I was in the Oxmoor store on Wednesday and an associate to me that they have 1,000 confirmed reservations at that store for the 24th !

If that is an accurate figure and they have their typical staff of 15 or so, then just getting through the reservations (with minimum and error free customer time and activation) will take many, many hours. Add whatever the number of non-reserved waiting and you have quite a day on the 24th....

DmbShn41
Jun 19, 2010, 10:02 AM
So I'm thinking I might camp out at Kenwood mall to make sure I get through quickly. I called the Apple store last night and asked if they were going to have two lines and he said they haven't received that information yet. I have a reservation but I would like to get in and out. Maybe I'll be first in line and get a nice reward...Anyone want to plan a parking lot party?

SheepNutz
Jun 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
Anyone want to plan a parking lot party?

iPhone tailgating, now that sounds like fun! The parking garage entrance next to apple store would be great for that, especially if it's lit well at night. All you need is a cooler full of beer, some lawn chairs and a cornhole set! Hmm, I have all of those things...

DmbShn41
Jun 19, 2010, 02:13 PM
iPhone Tailgating? I like that. Question is, can we get into the parking garage early enough? Cornhole in a parking garage may be an issue, height clearance...cooler full of soda, can't drink, got to be at work at 9am. However, if it can be done, I'm down for it. Who's tailgating with us?

don pianta
Jun 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
I'm all in for tailgating! I'll convince my friend who also reserved her phone to come with me... but I was thinking the shortest distance from the parking lot to the apple store is the parking lot by Pottery Barn (if you cut through that store the apple store is only 2 or 3 stores down)

you guys said the parking garage is better?

SheepNutz
Jun 19, 2010, 05:44 PM
Hmm, I haven't thought about going in through Pottery Barn. I guess that's not a main mall entrance though, so they probably won't open it that early in the morning. I bet if we tried to set up in either lot, security might ask us to leave. If anyone's serious about doing it and has any luck staying there around 11PM or midnight, post a message here and I'll come up and meet you. I have Thursday through Sunday off work, so I have nothing better to do.

DmbShn41
Jun 20, 2010, 08:32 AM
I'm with SheepNutz on this. I want to tailgate, but mall security is probably not going to be cool with this. What if we chilled in the parking lot til 5am or so? Garage may be off limits.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 20, 2010, 04:47 PM

I'm with SheepNutz on this. I want to tailgate, but mall security is probably not going to be cool with this. What if we chilled in the parking lot til 5am or so? Garage may be off limits.

They'd probably be all right with it if you explained about the launch. Unless you get some prick on a power trip who wants to assert his manliness. :p

DmbShn41
Jun 20, 2010, 05:50 PM

They'd probably be all right with it if you explained about the launch. Unless you get some prick on a power trip who wants to assert his manliness. :p

Isn't that what it takes to be mall security?

Chances are in that area, knowing the Blue Ash folks, mall security will call the cops, and then it all goes south.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 20, 2010, 07:18 PM
Isn't that what it takes to be mall security?

Chances are in that area, knowing the Blue Ash folks, mall security will call the cops, and then it all goes south.

Eh. I don't think they'd call the cops without a warning. It's worth a shot.

ashad0509
Jun 20, 2010, 08:16 PM
I'm all for it...I can probably bring a cornhole set :)

Why not just go for the parking lot in front of the entrance by Nordstrom....
it is entrance 2 on this mall directory http://www.kenwoodtownecentre.com/directory

SheepNutz
Jun 20, 2010, 08:44 PM
The number at Kenwood Towne Centre is (513) 745-9100. If anyone has some time tomorrow (I'm out in the field all day for work, but could call when I get home), could they call and talk with someone in security about letting us camp out either in the garage at entrance 4 or by nordstrom at entrance 2? What time is everyone planning on getting there?

frogstik
Jun 20, 2010, 08:52 PM
Here's the scoop for Cincy (I know people)

They are not letting anyone in the mall until 6am. It would be safe to say they're not going to let a crowd gather. But the main entrance by the Cheesecake Factory will be open at 6am to let us all in.

I'd recommend not going in the garage and ****ing around unless you want to ruin it for everyone.

Let's all be cool, civil and adults. We should all get our iPhones quickly and have the day to use them.

With that being said I plan on being in the parking lot at 5 to scope it out. Hope to see you all there.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 20, 2010, 09:44 PM

The number at Kenwood Towne Centre is (513) 745-9100. If anyone has some time tomorrow (I'm out in the field all day for work, but could call when I get home), could they call and talk with someone in security about letting us camp out either in the garage at entrance 4 or by nordstrom at entrance 2? What time is everyone planning on getting there?

I guess I plan to get there at 5:00 or 5:30, considering they won't be letting anyone in until 6.

DmbShn41
Jun 21, 2010, 03:44 AM
I'll try to call Kenwood Mall today. Frogstik make some sense, if it's legit. I plan on being there around 5am. I'll post later today if I can get through to Security. Hopefully I'll get mine early, then I'll go to the AT&T store and taunt the line...

frogstik
Jun 21, 2010, 08:59 AM
I'm going off what was told to me by a manager of the store. I use to work there so I sent off a message to this person and that's what I was told. Typically they open the doors there by the Cheesecake Factory at 7am for the walkers, but they said 6am for the iPhone launch.

Staff is getting there at 5am to setup, but they'll most likely use the service entrances. If you do call let us know what the mall security says -- for all I know they could be douche bags with everyone come Thursday. I doubt my contact would be lying to me. This person would be in the know for sure.

DmbShn41
Jun 21, 2010, 03:15 PM
Ok, so I got a chance to call the number listed above at Kenwood mall. They stated that the mall will open at 6am, the Apple store will open at 7am(given). I asked if there was any problem if people were to be waiting outside in the parking lot prior to 6am. She said 'camping out? that may be an issue.' I said 'not necessarily camping out, but waiting to be one of the first in line.' She asked how early, I said 4:30-5am, she said that wouldn't be a problem. She also said that if there gets to be too many people lining up near the entrances too early, Security/Montgomery police may get involved and people will be asked to disperse. She said best bet, if I or anyone else plans to show up early, its best to park in the parking lot near the Cheescake Factory as its closest to Apple store, and remain in our vehicles, and not to loiter around the entrances. Fair enough. I didn't ask about parking garage cause everyone was saying it would be best to go in near Nordstrom or Pottery Barn, but I'm unfamiliar with that side of mall, and thought the entrance would be street level, hence no reason for anyone to be in parking garage.
SO...I took all of Thursday off so I can ensure I get my phone. For whatever reason, I kinda look forward to the new iPhone every year other than the obvious, like a holiday. I enjoy hanging with people in line, meeting someone from a completely different way of life who enjoys the same things as I do. I plan on being there in the parking lot around 4-4:30am and hope to see you all there.

Frogstik, I was in no way challenging you as a source of info or anything. In times like these, info comes from some very horrid sources (BestBuy employees, AT&T in general, Grandma, Science Teacher...). Its seems that your source is pretty much spot on after talking with a CSR from Apple, a store manager at Apple store at Kenwood, and the Kenwood Mall. I called the number above, whether it be Security or General Service help, they answered 'Kenwood Mall, how may I help you?'

Vertigo50
Jun 21, 2010, 03:16 PM
Okay, I called the Apple store today and they said they don't know much other than the mall opens at 6am. She said they would be opening the doors near Gymboree and not Cheesecake Factory.

I then called the mall Customer Service person, and she said they are opening at 6am and opening the Cheesecake Factory doors. She said she doesn't know whether they will stop people from lining up before 6am, but security will be around making sure things are safe.

I would say it's more likely the CS person knows what door than the Apple person, so I'll be heading to that door for sure.

If you guys show up early, post in this thread to keep us all updated. I probably won't arrive until around 5:30 or 6, but if you get there earlier, let us know what the lines are like and everything.

I'm excited.

frogstik
Jun 21, 2010, 03:26 PM
I would say the doors by the Cheesecake Factory are the best bet because that's technically the main entrence.

The doors by the Gymboree/Now defunct Sony Store are technically the closest to the Apple Store, and when I worked there those were the ones we'd go into since we parked in that garage. I was thinking about hanging out there, but I'm willing to be the main doors will open first.

Not a bad idea to stay in our cars, I could see us all heading up there like 5 or 10 minutes prior... I'm pretty pumped up guys! Should be a good time.

Can't wait to meet some of you all face to face... My wife thinks I am nuts going up at 5, but it's just as much the wait/experience as getting the iPhone.

DmbShn41
Jun 21, 2010, 03:40 PM
I would say the doors by the Cheesecake Factory are the best bet because that's technically the main entrence.

The doors by the Gymboree/Now defunct Sony Store are technically the closest to the Apple Store, and when I worked there those were the ones we'd go into since we parked in that garage. I was thinking about hanging out there, but I'm willing to be the main doors will open first.

Not a bad idea to stay in our cars, I could see us all heading up there like 5 or 10 minutes prior... I'm pretty pumped up guys! Should be a good time.

Can't wait to meet some of you all face to face... My wife thinks I am nuts going up at 5, but it's just as much the wait/experience as getting the iPhone.

Your wife thinks you're NUTS?? Mine thinks I'm nuts too, for taking a day off of work, and going there at 4am. I'm down for the Cheescake Factory doors also. We ought to plan a little get together afterwards, get a group of us, stay together in line, and meet up afterwards for breakfast or something...unless you all are going to bail immediately and hide inside all day long....We at least have to drive to the nearest AT&T/Best Buy and taunt the line of wannabe PC troll lovers...

frogstik
Jun 21, 2010, 03:57 PM
Might not be a bad idea. I plan on taking my laptop with me and syncing right after I get the phone. I'm trying to think what would be open that early.

I have two buddies I'm meeting there, but yeah totally -- Unless you all are weirdos. ;)

makefunnyfaces
Jun 21, 2010, 03:58 PM

Your wife thinks you're NUTS?? Mine thinks I'm nuts too, for taking a day off of work, and going there at 4am. I'm down for the Cheescake Factory doors also. We ought to plan a little get together afterwards, get a group of us, stay together in line, and meet up afterwards for breakfast or something...unless you all are going to bail immediately and hide inside all day long....We at least have to drive to the nearest AT&T/Best Buy and taunt the line of wannabe PC troll lovers...

I was talking about it with some people the other day, & one girl just looked at me & said, "Will you please just shut up about that damn thing? You're obsessed!"

Stupid Blackberry owners. :p

SheepNutz
Jun 21, 2010, 04:14 PM
Count me as another guy whose wife thinks he's crazy for taking the day off work and driving the hour to Kenwood in the wee hours of the morning! I guess I'll probably hit the cheesecake lot around 5:30 or so. See you all there. If you see a fat guy with short hair wearing this shirt, say hi!

http://wireandtwine.com/img/products/woxy09/woxy2009-xl.jpg

DmbShn41
Jun 21, 2010, 05:12 PM
Unless you all are weirdos. ;)

Well, that counts me out. I was going to bring my collection of toe nails.

Vertigo50
Jun 21, 2010, 09:45 PM
Well, that counts me out. I was going to bring my collection of toe nails.

Dude, we should trade. I haven't met a fellow collector in years.

frogstik
Jun 21, 2010, 10:56 PM
HA HA! Gross. I'm thinking that Firstwatch would be a good idea to grab delicious grub after we get our phones -- I'm thinking we could spread out and let our laptops synch while eating banana pancakes.

I don't know what shirt I'll be wearing ha ha ha... but I'll have my Hatch Show Print ballcap on.

DmbShn41
Jun 22, 2010, 03:23 AM
And to think, I sold my MB cause work said they were going to get me one, in April.....

Vertigo50
Jun 22, 2010, 09:59 AM
I'll probably be wearing a navy blue Walt Disney World hat. And yes, I'm serious. You got a problem with that?? Huh?? :cool:

SheepNutz
Jun 22, 2010, 01:07 PM
I was bored on my break, so I called KTC to make sure that their hours hadn't changed. The nice lady told me that the main doors by cheesecake would be open at 6, so nothing has changed. I'll probably show up in the parking lot around 5:30 or so. I'll see you all there!

makefunnyfaces
Jun 22, 2010, 03:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I was bored on my break, so I called KTC to make sure that their hours hadn't changed. The nice lady told me that the main doors by cheesecake would be open at 6, so nothing has changed. I'll probably show up in the parking lot around 5:30 or so. I'll see you all there!

Thanks for the info, Sheep. :D

Vertigo50
Jun 22, 2010, 06:48 PM

Good info. I'm also planning on arriving around 5:30 or 5:45. It doesn't sound like they want us lining up too early, and I have to drive about an hour to get there, so I'm just showing up then and hoping for the best.

To be honest, I really think the early morning people will all get a phone. I think people who come in at 10 or later will probably be out of luck until the next day.

Call me overly optimistic, but that's what my gut tells me. That, and I'm hungry.

DmbShn41
Jun 22, 2010, 07:52 PM
Out of all us here, who has reservation, who is just hoping to get one?

I have reservation.

SheepNutz
Jun 22, 2010, 08:05 PM
Reservation here. Anyone else kind of upset that they didn't have it delivered since they're showing up earlier? Of course I didn't do that because I didn't want to risk the delivery coming late. It's just my luck that people are getting them 1-2 days sooner!

Vertigo50
Jun 22, 2010, 09:37 PM
I got screwed by the "reservation glitch" that made it seem like my reservation went through. I found out later in the day that it didn't, and by then, they weren't taking any more reservations.

The Apple store took my information and they're calling me probably tomorrow to let me know if they can do anything for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but otherwise, I'm in the walk-in line.

jackbandy
Jun 22, 2010, 10:19 PM
I'm hoping to grab one at the Louisville store without a reservation. I'm also kinda frustrated I didn't get mine preordered for shipment now that everyone is getting theirs early... Seems unlike apple but also kinda smart to spread out the activations so launch day doesn't clog things up.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
I have a reservation. Thank God.

People getting their shipments early do suck, & I'm insanely jealous, but whatever. They could stop bragging, though. Is it wrong of me to hope the packages won't be delivered tomorrow, & I can say "nana nana boo boo"? :rolleyes:

I'll be just as happy to get mine on the 24th! :D

rtdunham
Jun 23, 2010, 08:43 AM

There were two lines for the 3GS. There were maybe 100 people in the reserved line by opening time but the line moved surprisingly quickly. I think I'll get there at 6:45 and enjoy the process. I'd expect to be out in no more than a couple hours.

Vertigo50
Jun 23, 2010, 10:44 AM
Guys, I have some great news!!!

The Apple Store just called and told me they now have a reservation for me!

As you may know, I had the weird reservation glitch where it made it appear I was reserved, but actually wasn't. I called them the next day and they took my info and said they would let me know.

Today they called and said I am reserved! They said to get in the reservation line and bring my info. I'm so excited.

SheepNutz
Jun 23, 2010, 02:45 PM
Great news! Everyone, don't forget to do a backup before you go to bed tonight. I'll be seeing you all in the morning!

frogstik
Jun 23, 2010, 03:55 PM
Sleep tight dudes... I know I for one will get no sleep tonite.

SheepNutz
Jun 23, 2010, 04:20 PM
When everyone gets their phones tomorrow, you might want to navigate to a blank safari page to check the retina display for yellow spots/lines before leaving the store!

Vertigo50
Jun 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
When everyone gets their phones tomorrow, you might want to navigate to a blank safari page to check the retina display for yellow spots/lines before leaving the store!

Good tip, but I'm not sure they won't just tell you to come back later and do an exchange, rather than swapping it there.

don pianta
Jun 23, 2010, 05:33 PM
I have a reservation and I plan on getting there at around 5:45... I just want to be there early enough to get a bumper... Because if I don't get one tomorrow I most likley wont be able to get one until I get back from my vacation in two weeks :-/

I hope they'll have white bumpers in stock tomorrow

JamesCzar
Jun 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
My iPhone 3G is on it's last leg. I've been limping along since February when the touch screen failed (no I didn't have AppleCare), and has been intermittent every since. Right now about 45% of the screen still works most of the time (mainly the edges are spotty and inconsistent in their function - to send txt msgs I have to keep changing orientation while typing because some letters only work one way or the other).

I never bother with launch days or upgrades for the sake of upgrades. I've been happy to move up from the original (which I bought almost a year after it was introduced) iPhone, to the 3G when my ex-wife wanted one (I gave her my original iPhone), but not based on any "latest and greatest" timetable. I was really hoping to wait until the iPhone was available on Verizon before upgrading (I'm past my contract now), but I can barely answer a call at this point, let alone make one.

So when I say I really NEED a new iPhone, I mean it. I don't want to insult any of you "campers," but I (respectfully) think you're a bit crazy to line up for a piece of new technology (if they don't take reservations, I won't wait to get in a restaurant, I just go somewhere else). I am only going early to Kenwood to ensure that I get my RESERVED iPhone, and can go back to using my iCal, txt msgs, maps, Safari, etc., that I've not been able to use (yet still have been paying) for the last four months. It's been like having a plain-old non-smart phone, and I can't believe what a Stone Age it's been.

Do RESERVATION HOLDERS really need to line up early? Shouldn't we all get the phone if we reserved it? I have my confirmation/reminder email from this Monday as well as my original confirmation, so I'm sure I do have a reservation.

I understand people wanting to be sure they get theirs, but do you really think it's necessary to line-up before the store opens for reservation holders or are you guys just being fanboys for the fun of it (and that's fine if that's what you want to do)?

Or is it just the non-reservation holders that are planning on camping out? I mean, they shouldn't sell mine to anyone else unless I don't show up on Thursday (as per the email I got), right? Is there a chance that a non-reservation holder could get mine if I'm not there at the @ss crack of dawn? Has this happened in the past?

Also, has anyone heard if there will definitely be two lines at Kenwood, one for non-reservations and one for reservations?

PS - Good luck with the tailgating/camping, gang. Hope it's fun for you. I'll be the one there grumbling and mumbling about the iSheep and just wanting a phone that works. ;)

JuiceZ
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
FYI - for the folks here in Louisville, I s/w Oxmoor Mall security this evening and they stated they will allow us to start lining up outside around 6am and will open the mall at 6:30am. So plan accordingly...

Vertigo50
Jun 23, 2010, 09:37 PM
JamesCzar, they will hold your phone for you until the end of the day, just like it says on your reservation email.

jcmoney1010
Jun 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
FYI - for the folks here in Louisville, I s/w Oxmoor Mall security this evening and they stated they will allow us to start lining up outside around 6am and will open the mall at 6:30am. So plan accordingly...

Thats really good to know. I just drove by the entrance where we lined up last year and saw about 10 sitting on a park bench seemingly waiting. I figured since people were still closing up the mall that mall security hadnt kicked those bench sitters out yet, but i was still worried that maybe the line was already forming. Now I don't have to worry about getting there until 4-5.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 23, 2010, 10:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

My iPhone 3G is on it's last leg. I've been limping along since February when the touch screen failed (no I didn't have AppleCare), and has been intermittent every since. Right now about 45% of the screen still works most of the time (mainly the edges are spotty and inconsistent in their function - to send txt msgs I have to keep changing orientation while typing because some letters only work one way or the other).

I never bother with launch days or upgrades for the sake of upgrades. I've been happy to move up from the original (which I bought almost a year after it was introduced) iPhone, to the 3G when my ex-wife wanted one (I gave her my original iPhone), but not based on any "latest and greatest" timetable. I was really hoping to wait until the iPhone was available on Verizon before upgrading (I'm past my contract now), but I can barely answer a call at this point, let alone make one.

So when I say I really NEED a new iPhone, I mean it. I don't want to insult any of you "campers," but I (respectfully) think you're a bit crazy to line up for a piece of new technology (if they don't take reservations, I won't wait to get in a restaurant, I just go somewhere else). I am only going early to Kenwood to ensure that I get my RESERVED iPhone, and can go back to using my iCal, txt msgs, maps, Safari, etc., that I've not been able to use (yet still have been paying) for the last four months. It's been like having a plain-old non-smart phone, and I can't believe what a Stone Age it's been.

Do RESERVATION HOLDERS really need to line up early? Shouldn't we all get the phone if we reserved it? I have my confirmation/reminder email from this Monday as well as my original confirmation, so I'm sure I do have a reservation.

I understand people wanting to be sure they get theirs, but do you really think it's necessary to line-up before the store opens for reservation holders or are you guys just being fanboys for the fun of it (and that's fine if that's what you want to do)?

Or is it just the non-reservation holders that are planning on camping out? I mean, they shouldn't sell mine to anyone else unless I don't show up on Thursday (as per the email I got), right? Is there a chance that a non-reservation holder could get mine if I'm not there at the @ss crack of dawn? Has this happened in the past?

Also, has anyone heard if there will definitely be two lines at Kenwood, one for non-reservations and one for reservations?

PS - Good luck with the tailgating/camping, gang. Hope it's fun for you. I'll be the one there grumbling and mumbling about the iSheep and just wanting a phone that works. ;)

You should be good if you have a reservation.

As for waking up early: well, I do love my Apple products -- but that's not why I'm going early. I'm going because I have plans for later in the day, & If I don't pick up the phone first thing in the morning, I'll be biting at the bits all day. :D

See ya at the ass crack of dawn. ;)

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 AM
'Sup y'all. I'm probably gonna be the only 15-year-old there in line, but I'm getting there at 5am at the Oxmoor 'ville. Don't ask how I plan to pull off the credit check. But if y'all see me, I'll be in jean shorts and a black-and-white polo on my launch day iPad.

FYI, the sesame seed bagels are the best. The starbucks across the way has better coffee, though.

Cheers for insanity.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 12:31 AM
'Sup y'all. I'm probably gonna be the only 15-year-old there in line, but I'm getting there at 5am at the Oxmoor 'ville. Don't ask how I plan to pull off the credit check. But if y'all see me, I'll be in jean shorts and a black-and-white polo on my launch day iPad.

FYI, the sesame seed bagels are the best. The starbucks across the way has better coffee, though.

Cheers for insanity.

Close. :D I'm sixteen, but I'll be at the KTC in Cincy.

cdmwebs
Jun 24, 2010, 12:34 AM
Standing outside McDonalds right now. There are about thirty of us right now.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 12:37 AM

Dang. I hope those aren't people with reservations!

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 01:22 AM
Dangit, seriously? Should I head down there?

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 01:22 AM

And WOOOO for young techno-dudes :D

JamesCzar
Jun 24, 2010, 01:55 AM
You should be good if you have a reservation.

As for waking up early: well, I do love my Apple products -- but that's not why I'm going early. I'm going because I have plans for later in the day, & If I don't pick up the phone first thing in the morning, I'll be biting at the bits all day. :D

See ya at the ass crack of dawn. ;)

Thanks for the info FunnyFaces and Vertigo... I feel better about my situation. I still hope there's a separate line for reservation-holders.

But I guess I just don't get the non-reservation holders lining up. Why not reserve one on the 15th instead of waiting in line for a possible one on the 24th?

And if it was a failure of the system that caused you not to get one pre-ordered (or you slept in that day), why do you think you'll have a chance of getting one on the 24th? I thought that they stopped pre-orders because inventory was out... wouldn't that mean there's only the reserved iPhones available on the 24th?

And that would mean the first shot at non-reserved iPhones would be Friday the 25th, when any that weren't picked up Thursday are released.

Otherwise reports online indicate that the rest won't ship for a week or so? So why stand in line if you don't have a reservation? What am I missing?

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the info FunnyFaces and Vertigo... I feel better about my situation. I still hope there's a separate line for reservation-holders.

But I guess I just don't get the non-reservation holders lining up. Why not reserve one on the 15th instead of waiting in line for a possible one on the 24th?

And if it was a failure of the system that caused you not to get one pre-ordered (or you slept in that day), why do you think you'll have a chance of getting one on the 24th? I thought that they stopped pre-orders because inventory was out... wouldn't that mean there's only the reserved iPhones available on the 24th?

And that would mean the first shot at non-reserved iPhones would be Friday the 25th, when any that weren't picked up Thursday are released.

Otherwise reports online indicate that the rest won't ship for a week or so? So why stand in line if you don't have a reservation? What am I missing?

The hopeful will always find a reason to hope. Maybe people that cancel their reservations at the last minute? Hoping to get lucky? A small amount of iPhones unreserved for people without reservations?

cdmwebs
Jun 24, 2010, 02:12 AM
Probably around 75 now. I have a reservation but came to hang out with some friends. Not sure I'd anyone ahead of me does or not. We'll
Wall over to the mall entrance at 4 am.

cdmwebs
Jun 24, 2010, 02:15 AM
Regarding separate lines: that's usually the case. As for non-reservations, apple always has more phones. They'll probably have about 500 or so based on the last few launches.

JamesCzar
Jun 24, 2010, 02:19 AM
The hopeful will always find a reason to hope. Maybe people that cancel their reservations at the last minute? Hoping to get lucky? A small amount of iPhones unreserved for people without reservations?

Most news sites are saying that non-reserved phones won't be available until Tuesday. So you guys are going to stand in line for the possibility of phones that they're saying aren't going to be there?!

If they tell you tomorrow morning when they open that no additional phones were shipped to them beyond the number reserved, would you then go home? Would you come back at 5am on Friday to wait in line for any reserved phones not picked up on Thursday?

I apologize for my na´vetÚ, but I just don't understand the motivation here. Pre-order and get the phone, or miss the pre-order and line-up Tuesday. Lining up for a "maybe," especially when all reports point to it not happening, just doesn't make sense to me.

(Again, I hope you guys have fun tomorrow. It's not my idea of fun, but different strokes, as they say.)

Honestly, I'm only going tomorrow because I got the pre-order and I can barely use my 3G as it is right now. If it worked even 20% better and kept working, I'd likely wait for the Verizon iPhone in the fall. I'll probably pay whatever I need to in Q4 to get out from under my new AT&T contract and switch to Verizon when the opportunity is there (it'll be so nice to actually get good coverage again).

JamesCzar
Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 AM
Regarding separate lines: that's usually the case. As for non-reservations, apple always has more phones. They'll probably have about 500 or so based on the last few launches.

500 extras at one store? Wow. The news sites are not alluding to this at all. And I've been trying to find this info out (searching all news/rumors posts about tomorrow), because it didn't add up.

But if that's what's happened in the past, I guess that's a good indication of what could happen tomorrow. Good luck... hope that's the case.

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 02:25 AM
Oh, believe me, if I didn't have a reserve (placed at 4am on pre-order day) I wouldn't be in line. I'd probably just wait.

In fact, I spoke to a total of FOUR customer service agents over the past two weeks, and all said that I should create separate Apple IDs so I can pre-order my 5 (the official limit that I've been told) and pick them up for my entire (and very large) family. I'm definitely hoping it works.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 02:42 AM

And WOOOO for young techno-dudes :D

Techno-chick. ;)

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 02:46 AM

Techno-chick. ;)

Awesome! Be sure to post a video about the antenna...

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band?skyline=true&s=i

... 14 videos and not a single lady!

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 02:48 AM

Techno-chick. ;)

Awesome! Be sure to post a video about the antenna...

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band?skyline=true&s=i

... 14 videos and not a single lady!

I'll be sure to do that!

Butros
Jun 24, 2010, 02:57 AM

Yaaaaawn, just woke up. Set the alarm for 4:30 but woke up at 3:30 and immediately had that "It's Christmas morning and you ain't getting back to sleep" feeling. Is this at the Kenwood location? Should I mosey on over? Is Starbucks even open this early or would it be have to be ampm for a caffeine fix?

As to the debate on lining up vs waiting, There is something to be said about being one of the first to have that next great piece of tech in your hands.

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 02:57 AM
Im heading out to Kenwood mall as we speak. Any lines yet?

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 02:58 AM
Sweet. Gonna start drivin' now, good luck y'all!

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 03:08 AM

Im heading out to Kenwood mall as we speak. Any lines yet?

According to one guy, there were around 70 people at 2. I won't be there for an hour & a half or so.

JamesCzar
Jun 24, 2010, 03:17 AM
I'll be sure to do that!

FunnyFaces... did you come all the way from West Virginia just to get an iPhone? Or were you nearby already?

(I didn't see WV on the store list! That sucks, but why not just go to an AT&T store?)

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 03:20 AM

I'll be sure to do that!

FunnyFaces... did you come all the way from West Virginia just to get an iPhone? Or were you nearby already?

(I didn't see WV on the store list! That sucks, but why not just go to an AT&T store?)

Nah. I have relatives in Cincy. We decided to come up & visit them, so we just made a reservation here. :)

Nope, no Apple Stores for us West Virgininians. I live in a small town, & have to drive an hour just to a mall, haha.

If you happen to get there around 6 or 7, say hi! I'll be reppin' a WVU tshirt.

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 03:25 AM
On my way to Kenwood now. It'll take me about an hour to get there though.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 03:26 AM

On my way to Kenwood now. It'll take me about an hour to get there though.

See ya there!

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 03:39 AM
Just got to Kenwood mall, probably a good 100 or so already. This ought to be interesting. Anyone notice the sherriff hanging in the shadows?

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 03:39 AM
Oh yeah, is it ok to go ahead and park in the ktc lot?

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 03:43 AM
Yeah, come off 71 and go near the mall, and you'll see Cheesecake factory and then you'll see everyone.

ashad0509
Jun 24, 2010, 04:06 AM
Panera just dropped off bagels. :). Very yummy!

About 150 people here now

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 04:17 AM
I just got here. Standing in the back of the line on the right side.

ashad0509
Jun 24, 2010, 04:26 AM
I'm on the right side. About 5 people from the door

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 04:30 AM

I'm on the right side. About 5 people from the door

Have you been sectioned off into reserved & walk-ins? If so, which side is the reserved?

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 04:32 AM
At oxmoor. Got here at five, was about 150th in line. Good 200 here so far. Some poor chaps got kicked off the mall property earlier so good thing I got here later, hahaha.

don pianta
Jun 24, 2010, 04:54 AM
On my way now... I hope there aren't too many people there all I want is a bumper!! (along with my new iphone, that is)

ashad0509
Jun 24, 2010, 04:55 AM
Not yet. That's inside. Mall doors open in 6 minutes. Will let you know which side is which

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 05:03 AM
So it's 6:02, doors aren't open...

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 05:11 AM

It's ****in' packed.

don pianta
Jun 24, 2010, 05:11 AM
Alright, at kenwood the "lower level" is for reserves and the "upper level" (the level of the actual store) is for walk-ins.

There are at least 200-300 people here now

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 05:16 AM
Heck, there's about 150 in front of me just in the reserve line. I'm in front of The Children's Place. Where are you all?

MistGray
Jun 24, 2010, 05:16 AM
Just talked to the apple employees. They have "a considerable amount" of walk-in phones, and all reserved phones are here.

Oh, and well over a thousand at Oxmoor...wrapping around the mall now! If you want to bump up, message me and I'll send yah my number and we can pretend we know each other. Waiting at the end of a 2-thousand person line is not fun.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 05:17 AM

Heck, there's about 150 in front of me just in the reserve line. I'm in front of The Children's Place. Where are you all?

Gymboree & ITZ-A-PUZZLE. :P

don pianta
Jun 24, 2010, 05:25 AM

Right in front of build a bear! I'm so close I can literally taste it. Just counted the people in front of me, there is about 75

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 05:28 AM
I'm down in front of Gymboree, where you at SheepNutz, I brought my toe nail collection for you.

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 05:38 AM
Right in front of build a bear! I'm so close I can literally taste it. Just counted the people in front of me, there is about 75

Nice. There's less in front of me than I thought! I'm at the next store behind you (children's place). They must have opened the doors at the garage. I don't think everyone in front of us came from the main entrance. Anyone still up for breakfast afterwards? I don't have anything to do. If so, we should pick a place to meet after we get our phones.

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 05:51 AM
I'm def down for some grub afterwards. Getting hungry now, but Starbucks isn't sounding too delicious. There has to be at least 1,000 people here. I ran to entrance 4 hoping to get in quicker, but watched everyone else from entrance 1 come in first. :(

don pianta
Jun 24, 2010, 06:08 AM
Just asked one of the workers if they had any bumpers in stock and he said that they only got a few black ones in stock... :-/ I guess I'll just get one some time late July. Eh whatever

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 06:20 AM
Just asked one of the workers if they had any bumpers in stock and he said that they only got a few black ones in stock... :-/ I guess I'll just get one some time late July. Eh whatever

Well that blows. On a better note, I am moving up in the world. I'm now almost past build a bear!

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 07:20 AM
In front of the Tazza Mia...really close. Apparently I reserved two phones, so I'm letting one go and buying just one, that is my contribution for today. McDonalds anyone, after we are done?

Butros
Jun 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
Got mine at got out in < 30 minutes after the store opened. Showed up at like 5:20 and stood on the right by the trash can. The police sgt shouting at us to form a single line was hilarious, at least he gave up quickly and just let us in. Free smart water ftw! I saw the non-reserve line on the way out and it looked insane, wrapped all along the upper level of the food court and down towards macys. Anyone get interviewed by WEBN? I heard they were there on the radio as I drove off.

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
I am out with my phone and black bumper! McDonalds is fine with me, although someone did mention First Watch. Where should we meet? Right now I'm sitting in one of the four chairs just past cheesecake factory in the main entrance.

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 07:46 AM
Of course about 30 minutes after I get out of the store, I notice the yellow spots on the bottom left and right if the display. Grr. I checked for them inside, and didn't see them. Oh well. It only shows on a really white background.

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 08:03 AM
I'm mcdonalds now, but you all are probably long gone...out of store at 8:45. Very quick, impressed how on top of things they were, lovin this display...

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm mcdonalds now, but you all are probably long gone...out of store at 8:45. Very quick, impressed how on top of things they were, lovin this display...

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 08:14 AM
I'm heading to mcdonalds now. Fat guy, black shirt, grey shorts, driving a blue honda fit.

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 08:33 AM
I must have missed you, sorry SheepNutz. I saw your post just as I was turning onto 71. Meetup for iPhone 5?

DmbShn41
Jun 24, 2010, 08:39 AM
Sheepnutz, let's try FaceTime out, I'll be home in about 5 minutes.

SheepNutz
Jun 24, 2010, 09:34 AM
I just got home and am restoring from a backup right now. I'll let you know when it's done.

elcid
Jun 24, 2010, 04:58 PM
Anyone have any idea on how many non-reserved units they have, or when they will be getting new ones? Was out of the country and I am sure I can get one before July 14th...

makefunnyfaces
Jun 24, 2010, 06:41 PM
Arrived at 6:10 AM, met some cool people, got in at 9:30, got out at 9:45 (even doing an upgrade swap), & am currently restoring from a back up. Life's good. :cool:

mgcvg
Jun 24, 2010, 09:34 PM
Anyone else out there endure the fun of the non-reserved line? Finally got my phone at 4:15 pm, after having arrived at the mall at 5:30 in the morning. Seems like they could've had a better balance between the lines than they did. I realize y'all "reservers" were guaranteed, blah blah blah, like they told us, but damn. Making people wait 6 hours before they even start moving was ridiculous. Anyways, guess it worked out. Phone is frickin' sweet, and we got free pizza and sushi.

(and before I get tagged with 'shoulda planned ahead,' I was one of the lucky ones to get their Apple preorder cancelled due to AT&T's ignorance)

importluva
Jun 25, 2010, 07:40 PM
Wow thats ridiculous. I went there this morning and got out within 30 mins. They seemed to suggest there was plenty of stock.

elcid
Jun 26, 2010, 10:07 PM
Anyone have any new info on if they are still in stock? Want to get it tomorrow and have no desire to sit in a line.

mangoman
Jun 27, 2010, 01:24 PM
Anyone have any new info on if they are still in stock? Want to get it tomorrow and have no desire to sit in a line.

Was there at noon. No iPhone 4's available.

elcid
Jun 28, 2010, 08:34 PM
They are taking names for a priority list. If you have your name on one and get it, let us know :)

JuiceZ
Jun 30, 2010, 02:20 PM
If anyone in Louisville is interested and can get there quickly, the Outer Loop Best Buy has a couple 32GB iP4's still in stock. Me and co-worker just bought a couple during lunch.

elcid
Jul 6, 2010, 10:14 PM
Has anyone on the "priority list" received a phone from the Kenwood location?

drill423
Jul 8, 2010, 04:40 PM
Has anyone on the "priority list" received a phone from the Kenwood location?

Put my name down on 7/3, and haven't received my phone yet. They said about a weeks time.

elcid
Jul 10, 2010, 04:29 PM
Ordered June 28th and got it today. Guy said that the entire shipment was going towards reservations.

drill423
Jul 10, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ordered June 28th and got it today. Guy said that the entire shipment was going towards reservations.

Sounds like it will be a few days more then. On 7 days myself. Have called AT&T and radioshack without any luck. I'll update when I get mine.

drill423
Jul 14, 2010, 08:04 PM
11 days. Finally have it in my hand. Awesome. Reception at my house is actually better. No true reception issues yet. Fingers crossed.

Dash Trash
Jul 15, 2010, 11:30 AM
I got put on the priority list at the Kenwood location on 6/30 for a 16gb and am still waiting.

drill423
Jul 15, 2010, 07:22 PM
I got put on the priority list at the Kenwood location on 6/30 for a 16gb and am still waiting.

Sounds like the demand for the 16GB far exceeds that of the 32, which is what I got. Hope it comes in soon for you.

Dash Trash
Jul 20, 2010, 10:47 PM
Sounds like the demand for the 16GB far exceeds that of the 32, which is what I got. Hope it comes in soon for you.

In case anyone is keeping score, got the pickup email yesterday after a 20 day wait for the 16gb from the kenwood store. I'm out of town flying a trip so my wife picked it up. Can't wait to jumpseat home on Thursday to play with it on my days off!!