PDA

View Full Version : Wellington, FL (Wellington Green Mall)

pcmike
Jun 15, 2010, 04:18 AM
Who plans on hitting the mall at 7am on the 24th? Does anyone have any idea what time people were allowed to line up outside the Apple store (but inside the mall) during previous launch days?

Thanks

juan370Z
Jun 15, 2010, 02:24 PM
Who plans on hitting the mall at 7am on the 24th? Does anyone have any idea what time people were allowed to line up outside the Apple store (but inside the mall) during previous launch days?

Thanks

Idk I'm going to the AT&T in okechobee Even tho I live in Olympia lol otherwise I would go there.

pcmike
Jun 15, 2010, 10:46 PM
Why go to Okeechobee? It won't be as big an experience as the Apple store. I heard last year Chick-fil-A was giving out free food amongst other line antics going on. Forget AT&T.....

gloomcookie1
Jun 16, 2010, 03:26 PM

Thanks

Tried reserving at the Wellington Green mall but could never get the reservation to go through. I got a reservation for me and my wife at the PB Gardens mall. But was almost thinking of stopping in at the AT&T at Okeechobee too. I know the line for the iPad at the Gardens mall was pretty big for the iPad on a Saturday, I can only imagine what it'll be for the phone though.

juan370Z
Jun 16, 2010, 05:20 PM
Why go to Okeechobee? It won't be as big an experience as the Apple store. I heard last year Chick-fil-A was giving out free food amongst other line antics going on. Forget AT&T.....

Because it will be less hectic I hope. Also the one in okechobee is going to be packed there were over 70 in line in the morning to preorder also I need to return my 3gs in okechobbe exchange for the new one. Plus my friend works there so yea lol

pcmike
Jun 16, 2010, 05:42 PM
Gotcha. I guess I was lucky and was able to get my reservation in early at the Wellington store. After I got the reservation in I even tried to just order and have the thing shipped to my house, but ended up getting a confirmation email stating it wouldn't ship until the 2nd of July! At any rate I plan on getting to Wellington Green sometime around five in the morning so that I'm semi-upfront even in the reservation lie; hopefully this is early enough...

Tried reserving at the Wellington Green mall but could never get the reservation to go through. I got a reservation for me and my wife at the PB Gardens mall. But was almost thinking of stopping in at the AT&T at Okeechobee too. I know the line for the iPad at the Gardens mall was pretty big for the iPad on a Saturday, I can only imagine what it'll be for the phone though.

ItsThatKush
Jun 16, 2010, 11:32 PM
I was at Wellington mall for 3G launch and line was through the door going outside. Chick-Fil-A was there and so was the ice cream place right there

Then last year I went to AT&T store on 441 just south of southern. Pizza guys walking around selling pizzas. But man even though line was longer at the mall... AT&T store line is all outside, and it's ridiculously ***** hot.

This year I'll be back at Apple Store in the mall waiting in the A/C, prob around 6am and yes I have a reservation for my 32gb... In black of course

pcmike
Jun 17, 2010, 12:26 PM
I was thinking of getting there at 5am and hoping this would allow me to only spend a total of 4hrs at the mall in total (2hrs till open and then 2hrs potentially getting the phone)..... is this realistic? How long are you expecting to be at the mall in total if you show up at 6am based on previous experience?

Thanks

I was at Wellington mall for 3G launch and line was through the door going outside. Chick-Fil-A was there and so was the ice cream place right there

Then last year I went to AT&T store on 441 just south of southern. Pizza guys walking around selling pizzas. But man even though line was longer at the mall... AT&T store line is all outside, and it's ridiculously ***** hot.

This year I'll be back at Apple Store in the mall waiting in the A/C, prob around 6am and yes I have a reservation for my 32gb... In black of course

ItsThatKush
Jun 17, 2010, 11:21 PM
I was thinking of getting there at 5am and hoping this would allow me to only spend a total of 4hrs at the mall in total (2hrs till open and then 2hrs potentially getting the phone)..... is this realistic? How long are you expecting to be at the mall in total if you show up at 6am based on previous experience?

Thanks

I'm thinking the reserved line won't be too bad. I mean preorders were only open for part of the day I can't imagine that many are reserved at this mall. Maybe a few hundred but that shouldn't be so awful b/c you won't be last in line ya know. The people without a reservation are screwed lol.

juan370Z
Jun 19, 2010, 08:32 AM
I'm thinking the reserved line won't be too bad. I mean preorders were only open for part of the day I can't imagine that many are reserved at this mall. Maybe a few hundred but that shouldn't be so awful b/c you won't be last in line ya know. The people without a reservation are screwed lol.

Yea I. Know. Way are the chances of someone without a reservation just waiting in line since midnight an get an iPhone you guys I
know?

pcmike
Jun 19, 2010, 06:04 PM
Probably pretty good. I doubt there is going to be more than 30 people in line at midnight, probably not even 10. If enough people from here plan on getting to Wellington Green early as he'll I may show up early too, otherwise I probably won't go until around 5am.

JayT
Jun 19, 2010, 07:03 PM
I've got a reservation for a Black iPhone 4 32GB at Wellington Green Mall, but I never got the email confirmation.

Is this a problem?

JayT

pcmike
Jun 19, 2010, 11:08 PM
Yes. You may want to call them and confirm that you're actually on their reservation list and then plan your day/arrival according.

I've got a reservation for a Black iPhone 4 32GB at Wellington Green Mall, but I never got the email confirmation.

Is this a problem?

JayT

AndreaN
Jun 20, 2010, 12:03 PM
I tried to get a reservation for the wellington mall but was unable to. Mine is at the Gardens mall and i am unsure on what time i should get there. I have a reservation but I hear reservation lines are going to maybe be longer than walk in lines. This is my first launch day. Plus I am still hoping for some white phones to be available soo... For now though i plan to get there about 6:00 AM.

JayT
Jun 20, 2010, 12:48 PM
Yes. You may want to call them and confirm that you're actually on their reservation list and then plan your day/arrival according.

Thanks. I called this morning and, yup, they have no record. Seems that there are a bunch of folks in this situation and Apple is trying to figure out what to do - they said they'd contact me.

Is anyone else in this situation?

JayT

pcmike
Jun 20, 2010, 01:14 PM
By any chance have you downloaded the Apple Store App on your current iPhone or iPad and checked to see if there is a reservation listed inside that application for the iPhone 4?

Thanks. I called this morning and, yup, they have no record. Seems that there are a bunch of folks in this situation and Apple is trying to figure out what to do - they said they'd contact me.

Is anyone else in this situation?

JayT

JayT
Jun 20, 2010, 01:20 PM
By any chance have you downloaded the Apple Store App on your current iPhone or iPad and checked to see if there is a reservation listed inside that application for the iPhone 4?

This will be my first iPhone (my first two actually, I'm trying to get one for my wife as well), so I can't run the Apple Store App - unless there's someplace on the web I should be looking...

JayT

pcmike
Jun 20, 2010, 01:28 PM
Gotcha. No, sorry there isn't a similar way to check on the web for some reason, only that Apple Store App and by calling the store. I just mentioned the app incase someone at the store happened to miss your reservation (misspelled your name when they were searching or something along those lines).

I'm honestly not even sure how that app finds the reservations, because it doesn't ask for any information to find them... You simply download the app on your phone and the reservations show up without prompting you for any personal information.

This will be my first iPhone (my first two actually, I'm trying to get one for my wife as well), so I can't run the Apple Store App - unless there's someplace on the web I should be looking...

JayT

JayT
Jun 20, 2010, 02:10 PM
Gotcha. No, sorry there isn't a similar way to check on the web for some reason, only that Apple Store App and by calling the store. I just mentioned the app incase someone at the store happened to miss your reservation (misspelled your name when they were searching or something along those lines).

I'm honestly not even sure how that app finds the reservations, because it doesn't ask for any information to find them... You simply download the app on your phone and the reservations show up without prompting you for any personal information.

It must do this based on the phone its running on and the AT&T account that the phone is attached to.

pcmike
Jun 20, 2010, 02:21 PM
Actually I think it's tied to the iTunes account that downloaded it, because I just tried it on this iPad and it still showed my reservation. Only common denominator is the iTunes account used to download the app.

JayT
Jun 20, 2010, 02:23 PM
Actually I think it's tied to the iTunes account that downloaded it, because I just tried it on this iPad and it still showed my reservation. Only common denominator is the iTunes account used to download the app.

Makes sense. Wish I had either one to check it out... :-(

leslieeh
Jun 22, 2010, 04:00 PM
For those on this thread that were thinking about going to the AT&T store to get an iPhone 4 on the 24th of June. AT&T announced that they will not have phones available to walk ins until June 29th. So you might want to think about going to the apple store in the mall. I'll see you there. I will be in the reservation line that morning.

JayT
Jun 22, 2010, 07:09 PM
So, latest from the local Apple Store is that I can come down with my "confirmed reservation" and pick up a "Raincheck".

Guy I spoke to didn't even know what this would buy me...

Oh well... and the online store is still not taking any sales.

JayT

pcmike
Jun 23, 2010, 03:55 AM
JayT,

If you have the time why not just come join us at 5am in Wellington.. if you're there earlier or around that time I'm willing to bet you'll be able to get a phone on Thursday. ;)

gloomcookie1
Jun 23, 2010, 08:42 AM
I tried to get a reservation for the wellington mall but was unable to. Mine is at the Gardens mall and i am unsure on what time i should get there. I have a reservation but I hear reservation lines are going to maybe be longer than walk in lines. This is my first launch day. Plus I am still hoping for some white phones to be available soo... For now though i plan to get there about 6:00 AM.

I got a reservation too. :D As for what time to get there I guess it depends on how bad you want the phone and if you're working. Since I'm working I'm thinking of going in around 10. I was there for the iPad launch and basically they let 10 reservation people in for every 1 walk in. Let me tell you, it sucked to be a walk-in person, we were there early and being about 12th in line we didn't get in until around 10 or so...but the reservation line went quick. Hope that helps :)

AndreaN
Jun 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
I got a reservation too. :D As for what time to get there I guess it depends on how bad you want the phone and if you're working. Since I'm working I'm thinking of going in around 10. I was there for the iPad launch and basically they let 10 reservation people in for every 1 walk in. Let me tell you, it sucked to be a walk-in person, we were there early and being about 12th in line we didn't get in until around 10 or so...but the reservation line went quick. Hope that helps :)

so do you think lets say i am more in the middle of the reservation line i could be out of there by 9 if they start by 7, I mean thats 2 hours that should be enough? or am i way off?

ItsThatKush
Jun 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
i'm thinking im going to show up at 5am. going to sell my 3GS tonight so I'll need a phone asap in the morning. i'm just gonna throw a few shows on the iPad and wait in the reserved line.

if anyone wants to say hi.. i'll be the one watching stuff on my iPad with headphones and the black Apple case. I'm like 6'2, short brown hair, young-ish (25 y/o). Black Oakleys :cool:

Eddiesalsa
Jun 23, 2010, 03:28 PM
What entrance to the Mall will be open or where the line begins?

JayT
Jun 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
JayT,

If you have the time why not just come join us at 5am in Wellington.. if you're there earlier or around that time I'm willing to bet you'll be able to get a phone on Thursday. ;)

Just spoke to the store - people are lining up NOW (8:30pm Wed). How many iPhones do you suppose they've got allocated to walk-ins?

This could be a vey frustrating exercise...

JayT

pcmike
Jun 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
I'm dropping by the mall right now. I heard there is already 40 people in line; no word if they are all walk ins though.

Edit: there is no one in line at the back of the mall near CPK (the most logical spot in my opinion). Gonna go check the front.

Edit: there is in fact a line of about 40 people at the Ruby Tuesday entrance (up on the hill that JCPenny is on). Crazy.

FGCU KA
Jun 23, 2010, 08:30 PM
Alright so my plan was to get in line by 5am tomorrow morning but can someone try and keep us updated on the line situation?

FGCU KA
Jun 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
I'm dropping by the mall right now. I heard there is already 40 people in line; no word if they are all walk ins though.

Edit: there is no one in line at the back of the mall near CPK (the most logical spot in my opinion). Gonna go check the front.

Edit: there is in fact a line of about 40 people at the Ruby Tuesday entrance (up on the hill that JCPenny is on). Crazy.

Are these all walk-ins or pre-orders?!

pcmike
Jun 23, 2010, 09:05 PM
No idea if they are all walk ins or preorders. There is someone handing out numbers here and I was able to snag 33 and 34. Not sure how the crowd would react if someone showed up and got numbers and then left, but some of you may just want to come and grab a number.

Are these all walk-ins or pre-orders?!

gloomcookie1
Jun 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
so do you think lets say i am more in the middle of the reservation line i could be out of there by 9 if they start by 7, I mean thats 2 hours that should be enough? or am i way off?

Hope I'm not getting to this too late but if you're in line early it's probably possible you'll get out of there by 9...they had the reservation people moving pretty quickly...good luck and if you get a chance let me know how the lines are...I'm taking my "lunch break" at 10 and hoping it won't be over an hour and a half. :apple:

Eddiesalsa
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Any updated confirmation as too the numbers that are being given out are for Reserved customers or walkin customers... How many on line so far?

pcmike
Jun 23, 2010, 09:53 PM
Nope. I think I'm the only one at the mall who is actually checking MacRumors at this point. The numbers are not being handed out by an Apple store employee; they are being handed out by what looks to be someones daughter (I think the whole family is waiting in line?) and so far I believe they have given out about 40 numbers. More and more people keep showing up.

Any updated confirmation as too the numbers that are being given out are for Reserved customers or walkin customers... How many on line so far?

pcmike
Jun 23, 2010, 10:53 PM
They just gave out number 51....

papagnoj
Jun 23, 2010, 11:10 PM
are there seriously like 50 ppl already?? man i was planning on coming at around 9ish, 11ish with my reservation, maybe i should show up sooner.....

pcmike
Jun 23, 2010, 11:12 PM
Just gave out #60. Yes, you should show up as soon as you can. No sense in waiting unless you want to waste your day standing in line waiting.

papagnoj
Jun 23, 2010, 11:23 PM
so even if i have this im not guaranteed a phone???

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r383/papagnoj/IMG_0034.png

pcmike
Jun 23, 2010, 11:40 PM
You are guaranteed a phone, but you are not guaranteed quick access to said phone. You may end up waiting a few hours if you get here at the wrong time. :(

Eddiesalsa
Jun 23, 2010, 11:55 PM
PCMIKE... Thanks for keeping us up to date on status there...I hope to join you there soon...

papagnoj
Jun 24, 2010, 12:03 AM
ill probably how up around five, the line is near the ruby tuesdays??

pcmike
Jun 24, 2010, 12:27 AM
Exactly. About 75 tickets deep now.

ill probably how up around five, the line is near the ruby tuesdays??

papagnoj
Jun 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
Here now, should've came earlier... Lol oh well, atleast I have one iPhone 4 to play with while I'm in line.

pcmike
Jun 24, 2010, 08:27 AM
Lol. The whole number system someone devised last night didn't hold at all. Apple let everyone rush the damn door at 6am. Apple really needs to have better line control at their next launch. At any rate, I got in the store around 7:15 and was in my car by 7:30. Amen! Now off to return this crappy EVO and get home and goto sleep!

susanjane
Jun 24, 2010, 11:18 AM
Anyone know if they are sold out at this point?