PDA

View Full Version : Honolulu,Hawaii Ala Moana Apple Store.

zenntench_oni
Jun 15, 2010, 04:23 AM
whos in? i might.

ryank808
Jun 15, 2010, 05:59 AM
No thanks. I live in Kapolei, too far.
Been trying to preorder for 3 hours now, about to give up. Might just wait in line at AT&T Kapolei.

zenntench_oni
Jun 15, 2010, 08:14 AM
No thanks. I live in Kapolei, too far.
Been trying to preorder for 3 hours now, about to give up. Might just wait in line at AT&T Kapolei.

lol i would've preorder on at&t site and picked it up at at&t kam shopping center but since im broke till nextweek (22nd) ill be at ala moana with my lazy ass butt >.> ...

ryank808
Jun 15, 2010, 11:35 AM
Just preordered on Apple.com :)

Gonna get it delivered to my house, since I dont feel like waiting in a line.

zenntench_oni
Jun 15, 2010, 08:28 PM
lucky! im stuck in line. >.>now i wonder what im gonna be doing for the rest of the hours standing in line during midnight.

wrecks
Jun 16, 2010, 12:25 AM
I reserved one for that store. What is a realistic time to stand in line?

Walter Bell
Jun 16, 2010, 01:24 AM
I'll be there at midnight!

zenntench_oni
Jun 16, 2010, 03:13 AM
ill be there with my friend. gonna be there at 9ish 10ish hopefully >.> i most likely gonna bring my ipad, and some snacks. hopefully starbucks/apple will give out free coffee or water >.>

wrecks
Jun 16, 2010, 03:52 AM
seriously?? Do you folks have a reserve for an iphone?

Maybe it is best to hit up Mai Tai first and when they close at 12.30ish, line up downstairs.

winninganthem
Jun 16, 2010, 04:54 AM
Just preordered on Apple.com :)

Gonna get it delivered to my house, since I dont feel like waiting in a line.

Wow you got lucky, I tried over 10 times and it always said that I would need to pick it up in store.:(

zenntench_oni
Jun 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
kinda worried. i wonder if there will be a line >.> might watch a movie on wednesday to kill time. lol! would be town side at 3ish.

wrecks
Jun 18, 2010, 06:22 PM
You think security will allow you folks to line up that early?

mshiroma
Jun 18, 2010, 06:46 PM
Signed up on the forum just to reply to this thread. I'm in for this. Probably gonna be there around 9PM or so. My reservation went through "smoothly" (after refreshing and all that fun stuff for 45 minutes), so I should be fine. I hope security doesn't kick us out though...

integlspwr
Jun 18, 2010, 07:19 PM
anyone know whats the best game plan to get a iphone4 on release date?

AT&T store or apple store. if so, which one kahala, ala moana or waikiki ?

I did not pre order mines. hopefully was gonna do a walk in.

kevinkt
Jun 18, 2010, 07:50 PM
i reserved mine. dont know what the turn out will be but i hope i dont have to come at midnight. i was hoping 4 or 5 am on the 24th. what do you guys think?

ryank808
Jun 18, 2010, 08:53 PM
I dunno about apple but I went to AT&T Kapolei on launch day for the 3G and arrived at 4am and was 25th in line. From the preorders this year I'm guessing it's goog to be busier.

kugino
Jun 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
pre-ordered one...will try to get in line around 3am-ish...or maybe midnight? anything open 24hrs in the mall? is longs open 24 hrs?

wrecks
Jun 18, 2010, 09:02 PM
nope.. no 24hour store in the mall.

I walked across the street today and asked a random mall security about letting people line up, he said they do not let anyone on the premises after 2am. At the same time he wasn't sure if they were going to make an exception for the iphone release.

kugino
Jun 18, 2010, 09:32 PM
nope.. no 24hour store in the mall.

I walked across the street today and asked a random mall security about letting people line up, he said they do not let anyone on the premises after 2am. At the same time he wasn't sure if they were going to make an exception for the iphone release.

yeah, might be good to ask the apple store manager if they know anything about an early queue...

kevinkt
Jun 18, 2010, 10:50 PM
they should make two lines. one for walk ins and one for reservations. thats the least they could do. you could have 4,000 walkins in front of you and by the time you pick it up, its sold out.

wrecks
Jun 18, 2010, 11:11 PM
They will have two lines, like the ipad launch. No they will not sell your reserved iphone. I just got off the phone with apple ala moana and he said my reserve is confirmed and will be held all day.

zenntench_oni
Jun 19, 2010, 05:14 AM
i should ask or call the main ala moana store on tuesday. or monday. gonna be one of those ghetto people just wait outside of the mall for a while. lol!!!

kevinkt
Jun 19, 2010, 05:18 AM
How do I confirm my reservation. The confirmation email has no personal info to validate that it's for me. Any thoughts?

wrecks
Jun 19, 2010, 05:30 AM
How do I confirm my reservation. The confirmation email has no personal info to validate that it's for me. Any thoughts?

Call the store and tell them you want a confirmation for your reservation. They will ask you for your first and last name.

zenntench_oni
Jun 19, 2010, 11:12 AM
Happy much. Requested off on graveyard shift for the 23rd!!!!!

wrecks
Jun 20, 2010, 02:33 AM
i should ask or call the main ala moana store on tuesday. or monday. gonna be one of those ghetto people just wait outside of the mall for a while. lol!!!

1. Ask them if Ala Moana Security will let you line up the night before. If not what time will security allow us to line up.
2. Ask them if there will be 2 lines the night before release, or will there be only 1 line and they will split that up into 2 when they open.

kevinkt
Jun 20, 2010, 08:20 PM
Just got off the phone with apple at alamoana they said they could not confirm my reServation. Received my email confirmation but wanted to make sure. Thupey said reservations had priority over walk ins but no garentee. They said from past experience they had enough for the reservation. I'm just going to be there early just to make sure

zenntench_oni
Jun 21, 2010, 07:00 AM
1. Ask them if Ala Moana Security will let you line up the night before. If not what time will security allow us to line up.
2. Ask them if there will be 2 lines the night before release, or will there be only 1 line and they will split that up into 2 when they open.

my friend actually asked a mall security yesterday and he told me that they don't allow people on site after 2am or something.

since starbucks opens at 5:30am i think it should be okay to line up at 5am. staying up seems not a problem for me, just the "killing time" will be >.> im guessing zippys makiki would be a great place to kill time and walmart >.> but yet walmart also will carry the new iphone 4 at launch. maybe i should just stay over at my friends place for a while. ill ask apple later on today.

akiraboi
Jun 21, 2010, 04:49 PM
Anyone planning on doing a "pre-ordered" meetup for Kahala Mall store?

I just spoke to someone at that store to confirm they had my pre-order info. She said the mall will open the doors at 6:00AM to let people stand right outside the Apple store at that time. I think in the past Kahala has allowed people to wait right outside the main mall door by Starbucks until 6:00AM so I was thinking of showing up a little earlier.

She also told me that anyone who has a confirmed pre-order for pickup has a phone reserved for them until end of day. I asked her about the "first come, first served" disclaimer and she said that's for walk-ins. She assured me there was a phone set aside for me until end of day.

kevinkt
Jun 21, 2010, 05:05 PM
Anyone planning on doing a "pre-ordered" meetup for Kahala Mall store?

I just spoke to someone at that store to confirm they had my pre-order info. She said the mall will open the doors at 6:00AM to let people stand right outside the Apple store at that time. I think in the past Kahala has allowed people to wait right outside the main mall door by Starbucks until 6:00AM so I was thinking of showing up a little earlier.

She also told me that anyone who has a confirmed pre-order for pickup has a phone reserved for them until end of day. I asked her about the "first come, first served" disclaimer and she said that's for walk-ins. She assured me there was a phone set aside for me until end of day.

Is that the same for reserved iPhone customers?

akiraboi
Jun 21, 2010, 07:04 PM
I think "reserved" and "pre-ordered" are terms being used interchangeably. If you went online and ordered a phone to be picked up in store and got the confirmation email then that's what I'm referring to.

zenntench_oni
Jun 23, 2010, 03:47 AM
see you guys there, ill be wearing all back or a red shirt with hat and a bag. >:D

kevinkt
Jun 23, 2010, 11:05 AM
cant wait!!!!!!!!

integlspwr
Jun 23, 2010, 08:08 PM
anyone know whats the inventory like at the ala moana apple store for iPhones?

akiraboi
Jun 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
Kahala Apple Store Alert -- Mall Security told me this afternoon that they will not allow anyone to begin forming a line at the mall entrance until 5AM. They said anyone found loitering in the lot will be asked to leave immediately until just before 5AM.

kugino
Jun 23, 2010, 11:19 PM
Will get to ala moana around 4:30 and see how that works. Have one pre-ordered, but it's fun hanging out with other Mac crazies. Was 1st in line last year for the 3GS in Chandler, AZ...I'm sure it'll be more fun at ala moana. See you guys in about 10 hrs.!

ryank808
Jun 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
Just received my phone via FedEx about 30 minutes ago :)

Good luck and have fun in line guys! I had fun in line at AT&T in Kapolei for the 3G, good experience, but didn't feel like it this year.

Maybe next year I will head out to Ala Moana.

(Not trying to brag, so hopefully you won't take this the wrong way)

HawaiiMacAddict
Jun 24, 2010, 01:03 AM
Aloha everyone,

My wife actually took a day off so that she can stand in line for me (I don't have that many vacation (read: sick days are counted as vacation days) days left, as I had to use 2.5 sick days last week). I live in the McCully section and work on the base at Schofield Barracks, so I have to leave for work around 0640 (6:40AM).

She told me that she'll leave for Ala Moana after I leave for work. We are upgrading two lines on our account - I hope, as I couldn't pre-order them, that the Ala Moana store will have enough stock on hand to satisfy both the in-store pickups as well as the rest of us :D

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 01:53 AM
I just came back from Ala Moana Apple store. Looks like there is only 2 people waiting in line at the moment. I'm guessing they will be kicked out by mall security at around 2am.

CiiD
Jun 24, 2010, 03:12 AM
I just came back from Ala Moana Apple store. Looks like there is only 2 people waiting in line at the moment. I'm guessing they will be kicked out by mall security at around 2am.

Any idea when they will start letting people wait?

Although I have one (maybe) reserved at radio shack, I doubt they will receive enough and decided that I will just goto the apple store instead.

But if anyone knows when we can start lining up, well that'd be swell.:o

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 03:38 AM
Apple employee said 5am. IF I am awake, I am going to hop on my scooter and check if there is a line at 3am. I know they chain up the entrance and exit at Ala Moana at that time.

CiiD
Jun 24, 2010, 03:56 AM
Apple employee said 5am. IF I am awake, I am going to hop on my scooter and check if there is a line at 3am. I know they chain up the entrance and exit at Ala Moana at that time.

hmm, ill probably show try to leave around 4ish then... thanks. If you are awake and go, post updates :)

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
will post and take a pic. not sure if i can stay awake for another 4 hours.

PeeringInside
Jun 24, 2010, 05:04 AM
Just after midnight and there are about 20 of us camped outside the Apple Store in Waikiki.

akiraboi
Jun 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
Any count of the people at Kahala?

CiiD
Jun 24, 2010, 05:56 AM
Just after midnight and there are about 20 of us camped outside the Apple Store in Waikiki.

In the mall or the one next to Cheesecake factory?

PeeringInside
Jun 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
In the mall or the one next to Cheesecake factory?

Next to the Cheesecake Factory -- on the sidewalk on Kalakaua.

Walter Bell
Jun 24, 2010, 06:33 AM
Ill be at kahala at 5 or 6 AM! Brown hat, black oakleys, pajama pamts and a Oakley shirt! Say what's up!! So stoked! Im am guaranteed 2 iPhones.

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 07:00 AM
At 12:45am there were 15 people lined up at Ala Moana Mall. I just came back from there 2:00am and there are 0 people there. Security guard came up and said come back at 5am.

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 09:42 AM
About a 50 people here. Maybe more. No real line. Apple employees just arrived and setting barriers.

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n394/jpooner/83803205.jpg

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 09:53 AM
They seperated the lines. I am #10 in the reservation line.

kevinkt
Jun 24, 2010, 09:57 AM
Choke people

HawaiiMacAddict
Jun 24, 2010, 11:21 AM
any estimate for the number of people in the non-reserved line?

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 11:35 AM
300 in non reserve

HawaiiMacAddict
Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
tks; I only hope my wife can get an iPhone or two (she hasn't gotten there yet).

dels
Jun 24, 2010, 03:13 PM
Anyone know around how many people are in the reserved line at Ala Moana? Might go around lunch time.

Thanks!

wrecks
Jun 24, 2010, 03:16 PM
go at lunch time. When I left the store at 7:10, the reserve line wrapped around Macy's. Guessing over 200 people.

dels
Jun 24, 2010, 03:24 PM
go at lunch time. When I left the store at 7:10, the reserve line wrapped around Macy's. Guessing over 200 people.

Thanks!

ryank808
Jun 24, 2010, 03:50 PM
Someone should take video of the line when leaving the store with their new iPhone.

integlspwr
Jun 24, 2010, 05:24 PM
line still long at ala moana for non reserve ?

what about kahala non reserve

mshiroma
Jun 24, 2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/Hundreds_line_up_at_Ala_Moana_to_be_first_to_buy_Apples_latest_iPhone.html -- That's me in the photo! :D But man, am I tired now...

dels
Jun 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
Reserve line at Kahala is about 20 people long.
Non-reserve about 80

zenntench_oni
Jun 24, 2010, 08:04 PM
this morning was epic, have you seen the mad rush of non-preorder people rushing up to the guy this morning? talk about landslide or excitement/desperate. lol lucky thing i reserved mines >.> i was in the first batch in red. ahahaha now im tired and need to go work!! time to show it off XD

integlspwr
Jun 24, 2010, 08:58 PM
Reserve line at Kahala is about 20 people long.
Non-reserve about 80

i called they said they only have enough left for people who are in line. if your not inline by a certain time, you weren't getting one.

anyone know how ala moana is right now ?

CiiD
Jun 24, 2010, 09:01 PM
Finally got my phone from non-reserve line... seriously took forever. Arrived at 5amish and purchased at about 3:30pm

integlspwr
Jun 25, 2010, 02:35 AM
Finally got my phone from non-reserve line... seriously took forever. Arrived at 5amish and purchased at about 3:30pm

okay thats redicks im sorry.