PDA

View Full Version : Glendale, CA (Glendale Galleria)

ericcwhitaker
Jun 15, 2010, 04:58 AM
Who's reserved and who's meeting up when and where? Anyone? Anyone? :D

scovarrubias23
Jun 16, 2010, 12:47 PM
I'll be there! I reserved it yesterday! I just dont know what time I should get there? Im thinking of 4am or 5am! I dont know! :D

ericcwhitaker
Jun 16, 2010, 05:48 PM
I'll be there! I reserved it yesterday! I just dont know what time I should get there? Im thinking of 4am or 5am! I dont know! :D

me either, no idea what time the mall opens. i was #1 in line for the 3G iPad launch and I got there around 11am. I'm expecting this to be much worse lol.

scovarrubias23
Jun 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
me either, no idea what time the mall opens. i was #1 in line for the 3G iPad launch and I got there around 11am. I'm expecting this to be much worse lol.

Well The apple store opens at 7am, so thats why I'm still very confused cuz I dont even know what time the mall will let us in?!?! :confused:

havenhamilton
Jun 16, 2010, 09:47 PM
i'm also wondering what time to come. was anyone there for the 3gs launch?

scovarrubias23
Jun 17, 2010, 12:12 AM

No, this is going to be my first time standing in line at the Glendale Galleria. I usually go to the store in Pasadena. I'm just hoping we can just walk into the wall at 3am or so just to camp out. If you guys find anything out let us know, I'll do the same!

havenhamilton
Jun 17, 2010, 01:45 AM
No, this is going to be my first time standing in line at the Glendale Galleria. I usually go to the store in Pasadena. I'm just hoping we can just walk into the wall at 3am or so just to camp out. If you guys find anything out let us know, I'll do the same!

3am??!?! jeez, i was planning on getting there around 6ish

ibookin'
Jun 17, 2010, 12:21 PM

I've gone to the Glendale store for all 3 previous iPhone launches and the iPad launch. It doesn't look like they let people camp out in the parking lot overnight, so the lines aren't usually very long.

I think the iPad launch was the first one where they did in-store reservations, and I got there about 40 minutes before the store opened and had my iPad in hand within an hour or so. I'd say if you get there around 6-6:30 you probably wouldn't be the first there, but you wouldn't be that far back in line. You might consider asking security how they're handling it and what time they're letting people line up.

EDIT: I'll be there for the iPhone 4 launch as well. Planning on getting there around 6 or so.

scovarrubias23
Jun 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
I've gone to the Glendale store for all 3 previous iPhone launches and the iPad launch. It doesn't look like they let people camp out in the parking lot overnight, so the lines aren't usually very long.

I think the iPad launch was the first one where they did in-store reservations, and I got there about 40 minutes before the store opened and had my iPad in hand within an hour or so. I'd say if you get there around 6-6:30 you probably wouldn't be the first there, but you wouldn't be that far back in line. You might consider asking security how they're handling it and what time they're letting people line up.

EDIT: I'll be there for the iPhone 4 launch as well. Planning on getting there around 6 or so.

Good Point! If this is the case, Im going to get there around 5am 5:30am just to be on the safe side, I live acrose the street so it shouldnt be to bad than! Damn I cant wait! lol

havenhamilton
Jun 17, 2010, 02:17 PM

thanks for all the info!

MrMacMini
Jun 17, 2010, 04:57 PM
I bought my 3G 2 years ago at the Galleria, waited 5 hours in line to get mine.
I didnt get there til 4pm but there was a person in line behind me that showed up at 6am and and said there was a line stretching 2 blocks around the mall, waiting to be let in. He left because he had to go to work.

So Im assuming this launch will be the same, or worst!

scovarrubias23
Jun 17, 2010, 07:34 PM
I bought my 3G 2 years ago at the Galleria, waited 5 hours in line to get mine.
I didnt get there til 4pm but there was a person in line behind me that showed up at 6am and and said there was a line stretching 2 blocks around the mall, waiting to be let in. He left because he had to go to work.

So Im assuming this launch will be the same, or worst!

:eek: I really hope that isnt the case! I just want to get there when the mall doors open so we can all just chill in front of the apple store and wait for all the iPhone 4 goodness..lol Seriously though if the store opens at 7am Im thinking they'll open the mall doors at 5am to let the seniors walk around. I'll see what info I can get and I'll post when the time gets closer.

tasslehawf
Jun 18, 2010, 02:50 AM
:eek: I really hope that isnt the case! I just want to get there when the mall doors open so we can all just chill in front of the apple store and wait for all the iPhone 4 goodness..lol Seriously though if the store opens at 7am Im thinking they'll open the mall doors at 5am to let the seniors walk around. I'll see what info I can get and I'll post when the time gets closer.

I was there for the 2G launch. I showed up around 6 and I was about 60th in line. They had us wait outside then let us in. We sat in line for about 10 hours - but that time Apple wasn't selling them until noon.

I didn't bother with the 3G. For the 3GS I showed up in afternoon and waited a hour and a half and got in tho because of servers being down, didn't end up getting one.

For iPhone 4, who knows - demand has been insane so far. If you wanted one launch day - I would plan on taking the whole day. Show up early - 4 or 5am and head to the second floor of the parking structure where the bridge crosses over the food court where the people should be lining up.

havenhamilton
Jun 18, 2010, 06:44 PM
I was there for the 2G launch. I showed up around 6 and I was about 60th in line. They had us wait outside then let us in. We sat in line for about 10 hours - but that time Apple wasn't selling them until noon.

I didn't bother with the 3G. For the 3GS I showed up in afternoon and waited a hour and a half and got in tho because of servers being down, didn't end up getting one.

For iPhone 4, who knows - demand has been insane so far. If you wanted one launch day - I would plan on taking the whole day. Show up early - 4 or 5am and head to the second floor of the parking structure where the bridge crosses over the food court where the people should be lining up.

wow, this makes it seem busier than the other posts.

blaqink
Jun 18, 2010, 06:53 PM
hey guys i wont be in line there, but I used to work at the Galleria. Just so you know the doors of the mall are never closed. They actually keep it open. The entrances through department stores will be closed. but if you go to the second floor and go in through the parking lot those doors are always open. so you should be able to show up as early as you'd like. i just don't think they allow campers. Hope it helps. :D

havenhamilton
Jun 18, 2010, 08:11 PM
hey guys i wont be in line there, but I used to work at the Galleria. Just so you know the doors of the mall are never closed. They actually keep it open. The entrances through department stores will be closed. but if you go to the second floor and go in through the parking lot those doors are always open. so you should be able to show up as early as you'd like. i just don't think they allow campers. Hope it helps. :D

thanks, thats very helpful. did you happen to work there during any of the launches?

scovarrubias23
Jun 18, 2010, 08:56 PM

See thats what I thought also because I've been at the mall pretty early and the doors to the mall were open but obviously all the store and department store doors were closed! Well I'm planning to give the Apple store a call Tuesday or Wednesday to see how they are handling campers and what not! Hopefully this all goes smooth! I look forward to meeting you guys and I'll keep you posted on what I find, oh and if you guys find out anything let us know!

blaqink
Jun 19, 2010, 03:41 AM
yeah i was actually there for the 3G launch. i got there around 4 am. Had my phone by 11 am or 12 pm can't remember. But i have a feeling with all this pre order business the line shouldn't be as bad. my friend just walked in on the day of the iPad launch and didn't really have to wait very long to get it. then again i think the demand for iPhone 4 is much greater.

havenhamilton
Jun 19, 2010, 02:31 PM
yeah i was actually there for the 3G launch. i got there around 4 am. Had my phone by 11 am or 12 pm can't remember. But i have a feeling with all this pre order business the line shouldn't be as bad. my friend just walked in on the day of the iPad launch and didn't really have to wait very long to get it. then again i think the demand for iPhone 4 is much greater.

i hope its not that bad this time.

havenhamilton
Jun 19, 2010, 08:51 PM
Has anyone spoken with anyone at the apple store yet?

tasslehawf
Jun 20, 2010, 01:48 PM

On the 2G launch day, I walked into the Mall and set-up my folding chair right in front of the Apple store. I thought it was odd that no-one else was there, a security guard came by and told me that the line was outside so I went outside and stood behind the sixty people that were already there standing in the official line outside.

JonnyBravo
Jun 20, 2010, 03:41 PM
Will also be there at the Galleria around 6ish. :) Stayed in line at the Pasadena store 2 years ago to pick up the 3G. Not fun being under the sun for 4 hours!! haha..but that was before reservations and pre-orders.

Hoping the line will be smooooth sailing into the store. Also hoping that AT&T has their act together that morning to make sure they can handle all the activations that day!

havenhamilton
Jun 20, 2010, 05:59 PM
On the 2G launch day, I walked into the Mall and set-up my folding chair right in front of the Apple store. I thought it was odd that no-one else was there, a security guard came by and told me that the line was outside so I went outside and stood behind the sixty people that were already there standing in the official line outside.

where abouts did the line start?

scovarrubias23
Jun 20, 2010, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys an update! I spoke to a rep at the Apple store and he told me that the store will open up at 7am and will only let people with reservations in! He said that they are going to try and knock out all of the reservations in 3 hours. He also said that at 10am everyone else will be able to come in to the store and get the iPhones than. Now he also said that people wont be able to camp and that security isnt going to allow anyone in before the 7am mark. Honestly it sounds about right but I think I am going to call back on Tuesday to see if I can get a different answer!

Just in case you guys where wondering I also asked about the white iPhone and he said they arent expecting any. (I wanted to get one for my wife)! :(

havenhamilton
Jun 20, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys an update! I spoke to a rep at the Apple store and he told me that the store will open up at 7am and will only let people with reservations in! He said that they are going to try and knock out all of the reservations in 3 hours. He also said that at 10am everyone else will be able to come in to the store and get the iPhones than. Now he also said that people wont be able to camp and that security isnt going to allow anyone in before the 7am mark. Honestly it sounds about right but I think I am going to call back on Tuesday to see if I can get a different answer!

Just in case you guys where wondering I also asked about the white iPhone and he said they arent expecting any. (I wanted to get one for my wife)! :(

Thanks the info. Does that mean there won't be a line at all or that it will just be outside? That's awesome that it's res only for the first 3 hours.

tasslehawf
Jun 20, 2010, 10:26 PM
where abouts did the line start?

On the second floor of the parking structure, there is a bridge that goes across to the 2nd floor part of the mall above the food court. The first line starts there in the parking structure and then mall security brings people in through that part of the mall to line up inside. Bring sun screen in case you show up late and get stuck on the bridge. :D

bushbaby
Jun 20, 2010, 10:34 PM
:(

The part about how the line will go matches what an Apple employee at that store told me as well (on the 15th). There will be no camping and the line will be outside the mall as the other poster said. Security will then bring people into the mall at the designated time. A folding chair or towel sounds like a good plan as well as sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, water and a book. And he also said to get there early rather than at the end of the day. You can see why now if they hope to open it up to non-reservations at 10 AM.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 20, 2010, 11:03 PM
The part about how the line will go matches what an Apple employee at that store told me as well (on the 15th). There will be no camping and the line will be outside the mall as the other poster said. Security will then bring people into the mall at the designated time. A folding chair or towel sounds like a good plan as well as sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, water and a book. And he also said to get there early rather than at the end of the day. You can see why now if they hope to open it up to non-reservations at 10 AM.

So this being said, when are people showing up and exactly where? I have no idea how this store/mall handle things, but I'm looking at around 5am to be in Glendale and waiting. Just wondering where to be when and what to bring aside from the essentials and a MacBook Pro. :)

scovarrubias23
Jun 21, 2010, 12:59 AM
Well now that I know a little more from the apple employee, I'm thinking of meeting up at the bridge above the food court at 4:30-5am. I mean even if there are a few people, we have a reservation so we just have to wait it out. Like I said Im going to call the store on Tuesday just to see if there is anymore information. :cool:

havenhamilton
Jun 21, 2010, 11:47 AM
So this being said, when are people showing up and exactly where? I have no idea how this store/mall handle things, but I'm looking at around 5am to be in Glendale and waiting. Just wondering where to be when and what to bring aside from the essentials and a MacBook Pro. :)

im thinking of going around 6. from what ive read they take around 20 people in at a time to do the phone. so if that takes around 15 min a person thats 80 people an hour and i doubt there'll be more than 160 people there before 6am. then again my logic could be totally wrong.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 21, 2010, 05:23 PM
If I'm going at 4-5ish, where should I go?

havenhamilton
Jun 22, 2010, 11:22 AM
If I'm going at 4-5ish, where should I go?

I don't know for sure but I believe on the bridge ont he 2nd floor of the parking lot

scovarrubias23
Jun 22, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hey guys here is an update! I spoke to both mall security and the apple store! They both said that people will be able to start lining up at 12-midnight in the parking lot where the bridge starts. The Bridge is the on that goes over the food court! There will be two lines one for reserves and one for walk ins.

Also in case if your wondering, I asked regarding the white iPhone and they said that they have no clue what they are getting, since there havent been any announcements! There is still hope! (I have to get my wife one so you can see what kind of pressure I have lol).

See you guys there I look forward to meeting all of you guys! Even though I reserved I will more than likely be there at midnight!!

havenhamilton
Jun 22, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hey guys here is an update! I spoke to both mall security and the apple store! They both said that people will be able to start lining up at 12-midnight in the parking lot where the bridge starts. The Bridge is the on that goes over the food court! There will be two lines one for reserves and one for walk ins.

Also in case if your wondering, I asked regarding the white iPhone and they said that they have no clue what they are getting, since there havent been any announcements! There is still hope! (I have to get my wife one so you can see what kind of pressure I have lol).

See you guys there I look forward to meeting all of you guys! Even though I reserved I will more than likely be there at midnight!!

wow midnight? i'll see you there around 6.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 22, 2010, 09:01 PM

Yay, I love the idea of sleeping in a mall parking lot! :)

ericcwhitaker
Jun 22, 2010, 09:04 PM
wow midnight? i'll see you there around 6.

Upon further reflection, did you happen to talk to them about how they are handling reservations at that location? Anyone?

scovarrubias23
Jun 22, 2010, 09:58 PM
Upon further reflection, did you happen to talk to them about how they are handling reservations at that location? Anyone?

The rep told me that they will be taking people with reservations first! They want to finsih with people that have reservations by 10am!

ericcwhitaker
Jun 22, 2010, 11:19 PM
The rep told me that they will be taking people with reservations first! They want to finsih with people that have reservations by 10am!

That's a good point but I'm wondering if they will hold it til the end of the day per the email.

havenhamilton
Jun 22, 2010, 11:26 PM
That's interesting that they think they can finish with all the people lined up by 10. In theory doesn't that mean that you could show up at around 9:30 and not have that much of a reservation line and a very long non reservation line?Maybe in the past it's taken a few hours to get through all the people who show up very early.

Also I've never been to a launch at an apple store. About how long does it take from walking into the store to leaving it?

bushbaby
Jun 22, 2010, 11:29 PM
Has anyone used the kiosk across from Apple that does a kind of wrapsol-type job on ipads and iphones?

tasslehawf
Jun 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
Has anyone used the kiosk across from Apple that does a kind of wrapsol-type job on ipads and iphones?

It's funny. Those guys appeared on the first day the iPhone 2G was released.

Also I've never been to a launch at an apple store. About how long does it take from walking into the store to leaving it?

That will depend on AT&T's servers, as it always does.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 23, 2010, 12:28 PM

By the way, some fantastic stuff you have on your website. If you ever need an architect let me know lol.

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 01:11 PM

if the servers are working fine how long? if they aren't how long?

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 01:22 PM

Do you have a twitter that you can keep us updated with? That goes for anyone whose getting there really early, it would be great to be getting some updates or maybe pics of the line so we know when to get there.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Do you have a twitter that you can keep us updated with? That goes for anyone whose getting there really early, it would be great to be getting some updates or maybe pics of the line so we know when to get there.

My twitter is ericcwhitaker. I am not there yet, but plan on being sometime in the early morning. Would be nice to know who's there when.

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
My twitter is ericcwhitaker. I am not there yet, but plan on being sometime in the early morning. Would be nice to know who's there when.

how early?

ericcwhitaker
Jun 23, 2010, 02:08 PM
how early?

Undecided. Sometime between 3 and 5 most likely. Better than sitting here watching reruns of some crappy cable show. :)

scovarrubias23
Jun 23, 2010, 02:35 PM

I dont have a twitter account but I'll set one up! I'll give you guys my info later on....

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 05:22 PM
I just spoke to someone at the store. She said that each person who reserved one has one set aside from them. She also said that it doesn't matter when you come and the line will be the longest in the morning.

actionvaughn
Jun 23, 2010, 05:30 PM
That's interesting that they think they can finish with all the people lined up by 10. In theory doesn't that mean that you could show up at around 9:30 and not have that much of a reservation line and a very long non reservation line?Maybe in the past it's taken a few hours to get through all the people who show up very early.

Most people quote 15 minutes or so but when I went in for the 3G, I was in and out of the store in about five minutes. I might've got out even sooner if I hadn't taken so long to decide if I wanted a screen protector or not! :p

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 06:01 PM
I dont have a twitter account but I'll set one up! I'll give you guys my info later on....

Sweet, let us know what name you use once you make it. We should tag our tweets with something to make it easier. Like "#ggi4"

silusesMac
Jun 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
Hey, i just made an account on MacRumors just so i could comment on this post. I talked to an apple store rep yesterday over the phone and i asked about the inventory and she told me she doesnt know since they wont recieve them till tomorrow. Also i asked about iphone 4 accessories and she said they will have some on launch day but most wont be there till 2 weeks from now. Latly i asked about what time we should be there and said if we should arrive around 7 and she said yes(didnt sound convincing). So yeah im planning to go to the galleria tomorrow, first time iPhone user so im glad im making the switch, one thing does anyone know how much based on previous years do they have in stock? Because i have to go to work at 9am tomorrow dont know if that will give me time to go pick up the phones. I wont be back from work till the afternoon around 5 so this is my situation. If anyone could reply i would appreciate it thanks.

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hey, i just made an account on MacRumors just so i could comment on this post. I talked to an apple store rep yesterday over the phone and i asked about the inventory and she told me she doesnt know since they wont recieve them till tomorrow. Also i asked about iphone 4 accessories and she said they will have some on launch day but most wont be there till 2 weeks from now. Latly i asked about what time we should be there and said if we should arrive around 7 and she said yes(didnt sound convincing). So yeah im planning to go to the galleria tomorrow, first time iPhone user so im glad im making the switch, one thing does anyone know how much based on previous years do they have in stock? Because i have to go to work at 9am tomorrow dont know if that will give me time to go pick up the phones. I wont be back from work till the afternoon around 5 so this is my situation. If anyone could reply i would appreciate it thanks.

the woman I spoke to said they were already in and there were enough for everyone who reserved. i don't know if thats true but that's what she said.

RTiii320
Jun 23, 2010, 06:19 PM
Latly i asked about what time we should be there and said if we should arrive around 7 and she said yes(didnt sound convincing). So yeah im planning to go to the galleria tomorrow, first time iPhone user so im glad im making the switch, one thing does anyone know how much based on previous years do they have in stock? Because i have to go to work at 9am tomorrow dont know if that will give me time to go pick up the phones. I wont be back from work till the afternoon around 5 so this is my situation. If anyone could reply i would appreciate it thanks.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if your plan is to get to work by 9, you should line up much earlier then 630-700. By that time there will be at least 50 ppl (probably MUCH more then that) in front of you in line, and with all the activations that take place it will drag out longer then a cple hours.. Good luck at getting one, have you thought about taking a half-day at work tomorrow? (if possible)

silusesMac
Jun 23, 2010, 06:24 PM
the woman I spoke to said they were already in and there were enough for everyone who reserved. i don't know if thats true but that's what she said.
Oh wow thats worrysome because i read in BGR that some reports said that apple stores were probably getting from 500-1,200 phones on launch day. I tried pre ordering but failed since att didnt let me order more than on phone

silusesMac
Jun 23, 2010, 06:29 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if your plan is to get to work by 9, you should line up much earlier then 630-700. By that time there will be at least 50 ppl (probably MUCH more then that) in front of you in line, and with all the activations that take place it will drag out longer then a cple hours.. Good luck at getting one, have you thought about taking a half-day at work tomorrow? (if possible)

Thanks for the advice ill see if i can do that.

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
Oh wow thats worrysome because i read in BGR that some reports said that apple stores were probably getting from 500-1,200 phones on launch day. I tried pre ordering but failed since att didnt let me order more than on phone

oh if you don't have one reserved you will not have one by 9am. they said their going to try to get all the reserved ones done by 10am and then go to the people didn't have one.

bradherman
Jun 23, 2010, 06:40 PM
Anyone else notice this thread has 1200+ views and 50 ish posts.
So either there will be a ton of Lurkers in line or people just check this thread a lot.

See you bright (or dark) and early guys.

scovarrubias23
Jun 23, 2010, 07:07 PM
Alright guys my Twitter name is StephenC84, I'll keep everybody updated as the line goes! I'll be there at 12am tonight! :) Just so you all know I am new to twitter so I'll do my best...lol

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 07:11 PM
Alright guys my Twitter name is StephenC84, I'll keep everybody updated as the line goes! I'll be there at 12am tonight! :)

cool, i'm following you. can you try to post some pictures of the line? also at the end of each tweet add "#ggi4" so people can create a saved search.

silusesMac
Jun 23, 2010, 07:16 PM
Alright guys my Twitter name is StephenC84, I'll keep everybody updated as the line goes! I'll be there at 12am tonight! :)

All right, its nice to get updates of thing, hey do you have a iphone currently or some sort of smartphone that has a twitter app. I dont know if your going to be tweeting from tweeter mobile or something but if you could it would be nice if you could use twitpic or something to take pics and upload it and it would show up on tweeter. Someone else mentioned earlier that it is effective since we can see how the current conditions are. Thanks

scovarrubias23
Jun 23, 2010, 07:23 PM
one last thing, if you guys are going to add me please let me know who you are on the forums. Thanks guys! I look forward to meeting everyone....

bradherman
Jun 23, 2010, 07:25 PM
Ok so far we have 4 people who will be in this line with twitter
RT_in_LBC
StephenC84
ericcwhitaker
brad3d

(that last one is me)
please post your twitter here if you will also be there.

scovarrubias23
Jun 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
All right, its nice to get updates of thing, hey do you have a iphone currently or some sort of smartphone that has a twitter app. I dont know if your going to be tweeting from tweeter mobile or something but if you could it would be nice if you could use twitpic or something to take pics and upload it and it would show up on tweeter. Someone else mentioned earlier that it is effective since we can see how the current conditions are. Thanks

Ill be using the offical iPhone app..... I'll post pics through out the night.

stphnman20
Jun 23, 2010, 08:27 PM
I'll be there. Add me stphnman20

ericcwhitaker
Jun 23, 2010, 08:56 PM
I'll be there. Add me stphnman20

To all those who are going to be twittering this, please add the following hash tag to tweets regarding the Glendale Galleria iPhone 4 Meetup:

#GGiPhone4

Hopefully that helps us figure out in more detail what's going on and will definitely help me to isolate those tweets from the rest.

Thanks!

scovarrubias23
Jun 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
To all those who are going to be twittering this, please add the following hash tag to tweets regarding the Glendale Galleria iPhone 4 Meetup:

#GGiPhone4

Hopefully that helps us figure out in more detail what's going on and will definitely help me to isolate those tweets from the rest.

Thanks!

ok so nomore #ggi4?

JonnyBravo
Jun 23, 2010, 09:00 PM
Was at the Galleria today. Eve of the iphone launch. Here's the pics of the line set up...the front one near the bridge entrace is the "Reservation" line and the one towards the back that winds is the "Non-Reservation" lines. Poor security guards have been inundated with calls all day regarding the line situation. LOL! Well, you can't blame people for being excited! :)

See you all bright and early tomorrow!

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
Ok so far we have 4 people who will be in this line with twitter
RT_in_LBC
StephenC84
ericcwhitaker
brad3d

(that last one is me)
please post your twitter here if you will also be there.

@benchinn

So is it going to be #ggi4 or #GGiPhone4? The reason i suggested #ggi4 is because it's shorter and if you're using mac tweetie you can't save searches.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 23, 2010, 09:08 PM
@benchinn

So is it going to be #ggi4 or #GGiPhone4? The reason i suggested #ggi4 is because it's shorter and if you're using mac tweetie you can't save searches.

Either or, both are easy for me. I'll just follow the trend until one becomes a clear winner by using both LOL

scovarrubias23
Jun 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
Was at the Galleria today. Eve of the iphone launch. Here's the pics of the line set up...the front one near the bridge entrace is the "Reservation" line and the one towards the back that winds is the "Non-Reservation" lines. Poor security guards have been inundated with calls all day regarding the line situation. LOL! Well, you can't blame people for being excited! :)

Thanks for the pictures dude! at least its all orginized....

havenhamilton
Jun 23, 2010, 09:17 PM

i'll assume these weren't take with the iphone 4 camera :p

actionvaughn
Jun 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
Question- what are the chances of getting a wifi signal while in line? :D

JonnyBravo
Jun 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
i'll assume these weren't take with the iphone 4 camera :p

LOL!:D Nope. My good ole 3G took those pics.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 23, 2010, 09:52 PM
LOL!:D Nope. My good ole 3G took those pics.

Who's going to be the first to show up at the Galleria tonight? I don't want to sit alone, so that frames when I may decide to head over. No I'm not an :apple: fanboy or anything. LOL

SirHaakon
Jun 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
Who's going to be the first to show up at the Galleria tonight? I don't want to sit alone, so that frames when I may decide to head over. No I'm not an :apple: fanboy or anything. LOL
I called the Apple store and also spoke with security and they're not letting anyone line up before midnight. I was also told that there will be two lines; one for reservation holders and one for "walk-ins." They will have a little stock for walk-ins, but here's the catch: the line for reservation holders will be allowed into the store starting at 7am. The line for walk-ins will not be admitted until 10am. This is really important for people who think they're going to be first in line and get out before work. Not gonna happen.

I'll be there sometime in the early morning... see ya there!

stphnman20
Jun 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
lol.. I'm not a fanboy either just need a new phone.. Stupid iOS4 makes my 3G super laggy!!

I'll be there at around 1am or so.. Bring your camping chair! Dont forget!

ericcwhitaker
Jun 24, 2010, 12:14 AM
lol.. I'm not a fanboy either just need a new phone.. Stupid iOS4 makes my 3G super laggy!!

I'll be there at around 1am or so.. Bring your camping chair! Dont forget!

The twitter feeds are starting to fire up. Remember to tag with #ggi4 folks. Also keep up with what's going on here please, lets try to keep the thread as close to the top of the list as we can.

lovelyygabbyy
Jun 24, 2010, 12:17 AM
hi you guys :). i will be getting my iphone4 at glendale as well. if i happen to get there early i will definitely post updates. if not, i will be reading the updates! twitter is @gabbyygarcia

havenhamilton
Jun 24, 2010, 12:45 AM
hi you guys :). i will be getting my iphone4 at glendale as well. if i happen to get there early i will definitely post updates. if not, i will be reading the updates! twitter is @gabbyygarcia

welcome!

ericcwhitaker
Jun 24, 2010, 12:59 AM
welcome!

haven, did you post your twitter or did i miss it in the melee? lol

havenhamilton
Jun 24, 2010, 01:00 AM
haven, did you post your twitter or did i miss it in the melee? lol

yeah i did, its @benchinn

ericcwhitaker
Jun 24, 2010, 01:02 AM
yeah i did, its @benchinn

(headsmack) :rolleyes:

scovarrubias23
Jun 24, 2010, 02:26 AM
Alright guys, seriously the line is crazy! Pre order is about 40 deep and walk in's is crazy!!! I've been posting on Twitter.

SoniqueBoom
Jun 24, 2010, 02:30 AM
Alright guys, seriously the line is crazy! Pre order is about 40 deep and walk in's is crazy!!! I've been posting on Twitter.

How many people in walkin line?

stphnman20
Jun 24, 2010, 03:09 AM
About 200.

SoniqueBoom
Jun 24, 2010, 03:14 AM
About 200.

Yikes. I guess I'll just wait a couple weeks til it's readily available.

havenhamilton
Jun 24, 2010, 05:52 AM
I don't Know about 200 people but def a bunch. Reservation line has around 60-80.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 24, 2010, 06:59 AM
I don't Know about 200 people but def a bunch. Reservation line has around 60-80.

One thing is certain. I've noticed a considerable uptick in people arriving since around 4:30. Getting crazy over here now.

ericcwhitaker
Jun 24, 2010, 10:10 AM
One thing is certain. I've noticed a considerable uptick in people arriving since around 4:30. Getting crazy over here now.

Thanks again all. Keep me abreast of how you're loving your new iPhone on Twitter!

superbad
Jun 24, 2010, 06:57 PM
How's the line right now?

SoniqueBoom
Jun 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
How's the line right now?

As of 130pm there was still a couple hundred or more people out in the parking structure.

superbad
Jun 24, 2010, 07:57 PM
As of 130pm there was still a couple hundred or more people out in the parking structure.

That means a resounding zero glare of hope to get one today right? Will they have new stock tomorrow? :confused:

bradherman
Jun 24, 2010, 08:34 PM
This was the Line at 8:30am as I was leaving with my new phone.
Shot on the iPhone 4 and edited with iMovie Mobile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SxT0MlsjxU

I was around number 150 in line. I got there at 5:20am, and I walked in the store at 8:25am. The in store part was done in about 5 minutes. I did how ever take the time (and free wifi) to make a facetime call to my wife. Worked great and showed her the store. One customer yelled at me for using up the bandwidth becuase he was having trouble activating his phone. So I walked out the doors and showed her the first part of the line.

Enjoy the Video, it was nice talking to you some of you on twitter.

stphnman20
Jun 24, 2010, 08:43 PM
I just called a few min again and the lady said they still have "plenty" Gonna call again before closing to see if they still have some in stock.. If they do, i'll head over there early tomorrow morning.

superbad
Jun 24, 2010, 08:56 PM
I just called a few min again and the lady said they still have "plenty" Gonna call again before closing to see if they still have some in stock.. If they do, i'll head over there early tomorrow morning.

Please update. I just called and the lady said NO after second guessing herself. I'm assuming they just want to get rid of the initial rate of buyers and stop people from lining up further.

Not sure if this is true but she said they'll get a shipment at 10AM tomorrow. If you go there tomorrow, what time will that be?

havenhamilton
Jun 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
I got there at 4am and was done at 7:30. i remember last time some people showing up to sherman oaks about an hour before closing and walking in and picking one up.

stphnman20
Jun 24, 2010, 09:55 PM
Please update. I just called and the lady said NO after second guessing herself. I'm assuming they just want to get rid of the initial rate of buyers and stop people from lining up further.

Not sure if this is true but she said they'll get a shipment at 10AM tomorrow. If you go there tomorrow, what time will that be?

Forgot to ask if they were going to get another shipment but good eye..

If they do, i'll be there around before 7.

rickdollar
Jun 24, 2010, 10:08 PM
This was the Line at 8:30am as I was leaving with my new phone.
Shot on the iPhone 4 and edited with iMovie Mobile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SxT0MlsjxU

I was around number 150 in line. I got there at 5:20am, and I walked in the store at 8:25am. The in store part was done in about 5 minutes. I did how ever take the time (and free wifi) to make a facetime call to my wife. Worked great and showed her the store. One customer yelled at me for using up the bandwidth becuase he was having trouble activating his phone. So I walked out the doors and showed her the first part of the line.

Enjoy the Video, it was nice talking to you some of you on twitter.

Very cool video, Brad. I stood in line there for the last 2 phones. It was never that large of a crowd. Amazing.
Thanks for posting.

And how is that Bumper? Does it fit tight?

petsounds
Jun 24, 2010, 10:57 PM
A friend of mine called the Glendale location and was told that people could line up starting at 9pm to do after-hours sales of the reserved phones that no one claimed. Can anyone corroborate this?

actionvaughn
Jun 24, 2010, 11:28 PM

I'm not sure why they said this... We were told we weren't allowed to purchase more than one and at around 6:30pm, an employee came out and told everyone that they had run out of 16GBs for non-reserves.

Petsounds, the employee actually offered this as a suggestion for those that had their hearts set on getting the 16GB.

JonnyBravo
Jun 24, 2010, 11:32 PM
Arrived around 6am and got out at 9:30am The reservation line wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (thank goodness!). Met some great people there!

Thought it was a pretty organized process (at least during the morning time frame). Nice that they kept the reserved iphones in a "reserved" bin. What did everyone else think?

bushbaby
Jun 24, 2010, 11:38 PM
6:30 AM to 9:30 AM isn't bad at all. I wonder what time those who camped out got out of there.

Glad it went well. I called and cancelled my reservation so someone else could get theirs. (mine came fedex, but I wanted to be sure it was functioning before I gave up the res).

Did you get a bumper?

JonnyBravo
Jun 25, 2010, 12:00 AM
6:30 AM to 9:30 AM isn't bad at all. I wonder what time those who camped out got out of there.

Glad it went well. I called and cancelled my reservation so someone else could get theirs. (mine came fedex, but I wanted to be sure it was functioning before I gave up the res).

Did you get a bumper?

I did buy a bumper (Black was all they had)..and it was a last minute decision. My signal's been pretty consistent...but then again AT&T kinda sucks where I live even when I had the iphone 3G. LOL!

superbad
Jun 25, 2010, 02:14 AM
So guess what? I went to this mall around 7:30 because I was bored. Not necessarily to get my iPhone but I went anyway. 7:30 I got there, there must've been around 200 reserves and about 20 walk ins.

I walked around a little and asked around and they said. NO WALK INS until 9pm. I went to shops and stuff, came back in line at the walk in and NO ONE was there :D I figured they must've combined the lines already. I was like whatever, I'll wait here til 9 see what happens. Guess what? At 9, they added us to the existing line of about 150 people, went inside the store and got a sweet 32gb.

Glendale Galleria has NO 16gbs left. When I got my phone (I was probably 10 ahead of the last person in line), I peeked about AT LEAST 50 32GBs. I don't know if they're planning on doing walk ins tomorrow. I overheard some of the blue guys that they ARE getting some of the iPhones for themselves once they close.

Point being: get off your a$$ and go to an Apple store. What they tell you over the phone and what they tell you in store are two different things. If you want an iPhone 4 tomorrow, the Glendale mall is the best chance.

1 Hour: walking around mall
1.5 hours wait
.5 hours in store.

3 hours total. Not too bad for a WALK IN. :D

Biff...
Jun 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
So guess what? I went to this mall around 7:30 because I was bored. Not necessarily to get my iPhone but I went anyway. 7:30 I got there, there must've been around 200 reserves and about 20 walk ins.

I walked around a little and asked around and they said. NO WALK INS until 9pm. I went to shops and stuff, came back in line at the walk in and NO ONE was there :D I figured they must've combined the lines already. I was like whatever, I'll wait here til 9 see what happens. Guess what? At 9, they added us to the existing line of about 150 people, went inside the store and got a sweet 32gb.

Glendale Galleria has NO 16gbs left. When I got my phone (I was probably 10 ahead of the last person in line), I peeked about AT LEAST 50 32GBs. I don't know if they're planning on doing walk ins tomorrow. I overheard some of the blue guys that they ARE getting some of the iPhones for themselves once they close.

Point being: get off your a$$ and go to an Apple store. What they tell you over the phone and what they tell you in store are two different things. If you want an iPhone 4 tomorrow, the Glendale mall is the best chance.

1 Hour: walking around mall
1.5 hours wait
.5 hours in store.

3 hours total. Not too bad for a WALK IN. :D

Yep this was the best choice. In comparison to my wasted 6 hours in Pasadena. I spent 3 hours in Glendale and scored a 32gb.

bradherman
Jul 9, 2010, 04:19 PM
There is now a 1 to 2 week wait a the store on a priority list if you want an iPhone. Glad I got mine.