markel253
Jun 15, 2010, 07:05 AM
I will be there ... anyone else?

fdot
Jun 18, 2010, 06:57 PM
wow not everyone all at once... lol i will be in the mall waiting also

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 18, 2010, 08:02 PM
Sweet. We have a good shot!! Lol I will also be at the si one. If it's only us three I'm feeling better bout getting it launch day lol

fdot
Jun 18, 2010, 08:05 PM
well if u reserved it, then ull prob get it lol

RobbieS
Jun 18, 2010, 10:12 PM
Make that 4 people. What time are you guys getting there?

markel253
Jun 18, 2010, 11:06 PM
I am planning on getting to the mall about 6:00 - 6:30 AM and into the mall ASAP.

Somehow I don't think it will be just us 4 :mad:

Have any of you done it there before? Any idea what it was like in the past?

Have any of you spoken to anyone at the store about how they are setting it up? Assuming that there will be 2 lines - one for us and one for everyone else. :p

fdot
Jun 18, 2010, 11:14 PM
i have done it, last year was very smooth… in and out… they prolly will set up 3 lines at the main mall entrance… 1 for us … 1 for them… 1 for at&T boobs….. i will most likely be there at 6-630 also...

markel253
Jun 18, 2010, 11:18 PM
they prolly will set up 3 lines at the main mall entrance… 1 for us … 1 for them… 1 for at&T boobs….

Is that what they did in the past? How many people would you estimate showed up in each line?

What time did they let you into the mall?

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 19, 2010, 12:03 AM
No sadly I did not reserve. Had work so couldn't answer before.

But I know I didn't decide I was getting it early till it was too late. I was going to wait. But i want it the first day so I'm
going to have to take my chance at it. Never done this before so don't know what to expect.

RobbieS
Jun 19, 2010, 03:00 AM
I'm sure 6:30 is fine. And you are right, there will be lines by the main entrance outside. (I was there for 2 launches so far). I wasnt able to pre order either due to work- by the time I was out, the ship date was already july 2nd :(
I just hope they have a lot of phones available for those of us who didn't :(

I just purchased a 64gb 3G iPad. I thought the biggest hard drive was important, but I haven't even filled it halfway and I have soooo much stuff on it. Which makes me wonder, do I really need the 32gb iPhone? I will mainly use it for apps, not music or video:confused:
What is everyone else thinking of purchasing?

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 19, 2010, 03:20 AM
Most likely 16. I was thinking 32 since it does HD recording. However like you mainly just for apps. I'm going to keep this iphone(what I am on now and usually am on) as my new iPod. Wanted to utilize radio shacks offer but everything I read about them making me nervous so I figure I take saf"er" route by going straight to apple and just eating the cost.

markel253
Jun 19, 2010, 07:35 AM
I have a 32G on reserve.

I know I could come later to pick it up, but I want it in my hot little hands and activated before 1) other time zones hit 7 AM, and 2) I have to pick my daughter up from LaGuardia (!!!!) at 2 PM.

jacobkael
Jun 19, 2010, 11:19 AM
I'm going to be there at 4AM probably. You have to take in to account that every other year the store opened at 8, not 7, and that there are already over twice the amount of people interested in this phone in comparison with the 3GS. Plus a lot of foreigners are going to go there to purchase 5 at a time and ship them over seas. Maybe I am shooting for too early, but I have been without my iPhone since June 5th now due to water damage, therefore I have not had a phone at all, so I cannot risk not getting one of the phones!

kungli86
Jun 19, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hey everyone,

My names Kung and I will also be at the staten island mall. I spoke with mall representative and the apple store and thought i would share some information for you. They said the mall will be opening at 7 at the main entrance and I asked the apple store about the white iphones. They said they have not been informed about anything so there might or might not be. I didnt reserve either. I hope they have the white ones. I was thinking 530 or six but have a feeling the lines might be pretty . For the person who was there for 2 launches how were the lines?

Ice2257
Jun 19, 2010, 02:21 PM
I will be there. Im planning on getting there at 530-6 ish.

www.carusoapps.com

RobbieS
Jun 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
I hear you that twice the amount of people are interested, but for the last two times I went, it wasnt bad at all. Those crazies that wait on lines forever really only happens in the big cities, like Manhattan.
The white iPhone will NOT be available on june 24th. Only black.
It will be available at a later date (tbd)
Only allowed to purchase TWO at a time. And have to activate it on a line at this time, so no one can actually purchase it and send it overseas. And they track you by credit card. Thats how they stopped people from buying more than 2 iPads. If you tried to buy a third with the same name, they will actually deny you.

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 19, 2010, 08:41 PM
I went again today and asked the apple store employees. They didn't know but said the last ones were by main entrance(starbucks) so it looks like we will see each other even if we don't realize it lol.

You guys think line will be that bad?

And how many non-reserved ones you think they will have?

Ps one more thing. This for the ones who were at other launches. How do they let people
into the mall? Is it an orderly line or a mad dash? Cuz I hate to be waiting outside and then not be first cuz I didn't make it to the store first?

markel253
Jun 19, 2010, 08:42 PM
I'm sure 6:30 is fine. And you are right, there will be lines by the main entrance outside.

By main entrance I assume you mean lower level center court ... by Bandstand Jewelers? Do you happen to remember when they actually let the people into the mall to wait by the Apple Store?

RobbieS
Jun 19, 2010, 10:58 PM
lol. Definitely not a mad dash to the store. Everybody walks like their feet are on fire and the water is at the front of the apple store, lol, but it is in an orderly fashion. There are security guards inside (not like those old retired men could do anything) but people just respect each other for waiting in line. -Hell, if that was the case I would show up at 6:45 with my running shoes and a gatorade. lol.

Yes, so far it has been by bandstand jewelers. I made that mistake the first time, waited by East Pacific upstairs in the back btwn Macys and JCP. When the few of us realized that there wasn't enough people there, someone walked around to find a line! Imagine how disappointing that was after an hour!
There will be 2 sides, apple on one side, at&t on the other- take your pick. I prefer purchasing from the apple store. I actually waited a few more days to get the iPad from them instead of Best Buy, I feel more secure for some strange reason.

Anyway, hope that answers the majority of the questions. But now here is mine. The iPad was in stock, in store- but that didn't mean you could just buy one- you had to wait for your reservation email that it had arrived and you had 24 hours to pick it up. Am I the only one here that didn't reserve it? I wonder how they are gonna work that- do only reserved people get it, or is it a first come, first served basis? I would hate to wait to be turned away because I didnt make a reservation. :(

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 20, 2010, 02:08 AM
Lol well I would have to use my reeboks and some gear to plow people lol. But I hope for order cuz I plan to get there in enough time as I do not have reservation either. I'm a walk in aswell

kungli86
Jun 22, 2010, 08:17 PM
Yep. I am a walk in as well. I was doing some web surfing and have seen a couple of websites and forums saying best buy has confirmed white iphone shipments. How could best buy be carrying them if the apple store doesn't? I hope that its available because thats the only one i want. I wont be getting the black one.

drewf0sho
Jun 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
I've never camped out for anything before and just sold my 3G, so I need this phone badly.

I'm not sure what to do though. I'm going to call them up tomorrow and make sure what's going on, because if I have to get there around midnight, I will. It's going to be a long night regardless. I just want to be there early enough to get one cause I can't use this LG Shine much longer.

I just hope everything is orderly and there's no running to the store.

tjespo22
Jun 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
I've never camped out for anything before and just sold my 3G, so I need this phone badly.

I'm not sure what to do though. I'm going to call them up tomorrow and make sure what's going on, because if I have to get there around midnight, I will. It's going to be a long night regardless. I just want to be there early enough to get one cause I can't use this LG Shine much longer.

I just hope everything is orderly and there's no running to the store.

spoke to a security guard today. There will be no LINES allowed to be formed before 7am. Which means its going to be hectic as ****. They dont want anyone there until 7am which is when the doors open.

drewf0sho
Jun 22, 2010, 09:38 PM
spoke to a security guard today. There will be no LINES allowed to be formed before 7am. Which means its going to be hectic as ****. They dont want anyone there until 7am which is when the doors open.

Good lord...

Might it be easier to go to Manhattan?

tjespo22
Jun 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
thats what i was thinking because theres not any middle man to deal with meaning the mall. apple store in nyc u just wait outside and walk out

drewf0sho
Jun 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
thats what i was thinking because theres not any middle man to deal with meaning the mall. apple store in nyc u just wait outside and walk out

I'm just worried about it raining at this point. The Staten Island Mall sounds absurd if that's the case.

I really don't wanna go to Manhattan, but if I have to, I have to. I think I'm going to make some calls tonight.

What would the best one be?

tjespo22
Jun 23, 2010, 12:23 AM
i just drove into the city to the 5th ave store because i was bored and there was only 10 people on line

drewf0sho
Jun 23, 2010, 01:30 AM
i just drove into the city to the 5th ave store because i was bored and there was only 10 people on line

If I showed up around midnight tomorrow, you think I'd have a good chance?

mschic
Jun 23, 2010, 07:41 AM
I have my phone reserved, Received two confirmation emails from Apple to confirm it already, I also will be there for 7am hopefully it wont be that bad because I have a reservation:D... I never been to an actual launch but I did wait online for my 3G at the SOHO Apple store for 3 hours, 1 week after it launched.:eek: But I do have one question where is the main entrance.. is it where starbucks is at (thats what I thought) but some are saying its near the subways ie closer to Sears?:confused:

drewf0sho
Jun 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
I have my phone reserved, Received two confirmation emails from Apple to confirm it already, I also will be there for 7am hopefully it wont be that bad because I have a reservation:D... I never been to an actual launch but I did wait online for my 3G at the SOHO Apple store for 3 hours, 1 week after it launched.:eek: But I do have one question where is the main entrance.. is it where starbucks is at (thats what I thought) but some are saying its near the subways ie closer to Sears?:confused:

Almost positive it is by the Starbucks.

Testamentt
Jun 23, 2010, 09:10 AM
So, I've got a reservation for one, and I'd like to be able to get it and be done before work. I was planning on getting there at around 6 and getting in line, but I'm a bit worried about them not letting us stand in lines before the store opens. Has anyone confirmed if that's actually the case? If so, are they just going to have a huge crowd by the doors before 7 that would be shoving through as soon as they open?

P.S. Do you guys think that 6 am is a decent time to get there without completely absurd lines?

mschic
Jun 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
I'm kinda thinking that 6am is too early if you have a reservation? Do you know of anyone who reserved the 3GS what was the process then? Im thinking it should be pretty smooth if you have a reservation, but who really knows:confused: I do know I am planning to get there about 6:45 just to be done with it personally and get on with my day.

aguamyst
Jun 23, 2010, 12:48 PM
I'm kinda thinking that 6am is too early if you have a reservation? Do you know of anyone who reserved the 3GS what was the process then? Im thinking it should be pretty smooth if you have a reservation, but who really knows:confused: I do know I am planning to get there about 6:45 just to be done with it personally and get on with my day.

whoops, dup post.

aguamyst
Jun 23, 2010, 12:50 PM

When I reserved my 3GS, there were only a few people on the line at the mall in front of the store but they gave me a time on when to show up. This time it's different and they simply say to arrive at 7am in the email so I'm not too sure how this is going to be.

I think Apple/AT&T could have prepared their stores a lot better than this so that if a customer asks them how it's going to be set up, they'd have answers from either the website, via email or the people who work at the store. The online process was unexpected but now that they have actual numbers, they should have sent out appointments/different time frames to all the customers who reserved it or have some sort of clear process in place to know about ahead of time. I mean, it's on a Thursday after all and people need to go to work.

However, once you get to talk to a sales rep, it's easy and smooth (at least it was for me with the 3GS).

My assumptions from the prior responses is that if they say there will be no lines outside the mall, maybe they didn't get a huge volume of requests at the SI Mall. People in SI have been pretty friendly and highly respectable, in my opinion, when it comes to this. We're in a day and age where it's now common to wait outside a store at midnight for a popular item.

I also kind of believe that they will not open the store before 7am either. I live right by the mall and I've never seen any lines there so I'm not so sure if they do that sort of thing anymore. Not to say there haven't ever been any though...

Official information:
iPhone shoppers can stop by the store early:
7 a.m. on Thursday, June 24, or
8 a.m. on Friday, June 25.
:apple: Source: http://www.apple.com/retail/statenisland/map/

akacaj
Jun 23, 2010, 01:01 PM
I have two on reserve and plan on being there at 7. Just cant wait to get my hands on this phone. As a developer it means even more to me.

apierce27
Jun 23, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'll be there. I have my phone reserved. I am not anticipating a line but I have never done this. Should I expect a long line? I am planning on being there like 645.

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
Ok well I can confirm there is a line at the mall! I'm on it. Ok if you had planned to get here late then good luck. Line is deep!!! I'm
High up in the line and the line looks like it's around the wall.

Good luck everyone and I hope I get it by the end of the night

RobbieS
Jun 23, 2010, 11:18 PM
I'm on it too. At the beginning of the huge concrete wall. If you are planning on getting here late- don't bother. I'm like 50 something I think. If I don't get it, I'll kill someone.

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 24, 2010, 01:35 AM
I hope you get it also. Cuz if you get it that means I would have gotten it! I'm like around 30. Good luck man

aguamyst
Jun 24, 2010, 06:13 AM
I'm on it too. At the beginning of the huge concrete wall. If you are planning on getting here late- don't bother. I'm like 50 something I think. If I don't get it, I'll kill someone.

I'm here but I got here at 7am. Since I've got mine reserved, I shouldn't (hopefully) have any issues. The line almost wraps around the corner now.:eek:

tjespo22
Jun 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
i was planning on getting there around 12-2am . i got a call around 8:30 from a friend saying there was a line already. i shot over there i was #38 and my friend was #39. im home now and got the phone in my hands finally. It was very annoying because once we got into the mall, they were mainly taking reserved people over the walk in's. literally the ratio was like 40-1.

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 24, 2010, 09:28 AM
Yup you must of been a couple people away. I was number 26. And it was insane. Took forever to let one walk in. Couldn't believe how long it took. I'm on my 3GS now which as of now my new iPod. The new one is restoring from a backup.

From what I have tried so far it's amazing. Just looks so crisp and the flash is a great feature to finally have on a phone that does everything else!

markel253
Jun 24, 2010, 09:46 AM
I got there at 5:30 this morning - line was almost to Macy's ...

Was pulled to Reserved line about 8:30 (?)

Was back in my car with iPhone 4 in hand by 10:00!

Not bad ... also had Granola bar and water compliments of Apple. :)

ehnnwhycee
Jun 24, 2010, 09:49 AM
How did the reserve line process go? Im at work now so ill be going over there around 4 today to pick my reserved phone up. I called yesterday and they said that reserved phone will be kept no matter what for the customer until closing.

mschic
Jun 24, 2010, 02:30 PM
i got there at 6:50 in my car by 12:30:eek:.. granola bars water and ice cream complements of apple

markel253
Jun 24, 2010, 03:53 PM
How did the reserve line process go? Im at work now so ill be going over there around 4 today to pick my reserved phone up. I called yesterday and they said that reserved phone will be kept no matter what for the customer until closing.

I have to say that the Apple Store crew did a great job. They separated Reserve from the "all purpose" line outside as reserved customers were brought inside. They were all upbeat and very friendly all the way through the activation process - which went fast at 9:30 AM when I was being activated.

I was there 4.5 hours from 5:30 AM and consider the whole experience to have been as pleasant as was humanly possible.

born4sky
Jun 25, 2010, 04:43 PM
what is going on there right now? any idea?

drewf0sho
Jun 25, 2010, 04:52 PM
what is going on there right now? any idea?

When I called them earlier they said they were out.

If anyone hears anything different, please update this thread!

RyanTheGeneral
Jun 25, 2010, 07:23 PM
I don't know with the huge line and people waiting may be awhile till you can get your hands on one. I'm glad I didn't listen to the person who said there would be no lines.