PDA

View Full Version : Southampton West Quay - UK

caseys
Jun 15, 2010, 07:27 AM
Anyone else got one pre-ordered/reserved yet?

Looking forward to enjoying a nice blast up there from bournemouth :)

chrislee765
Jun 19, 2010, 02:08 PM
Ello there mate.

I was too late to preorder one (I spent too long making up my mind). But I am gonna head down there to try and get one. What time do you think people start queuing down there?

I spoke to the Apple shop today and they said that they organise a queue outside the entrance to Westquay that goes up the high street towards starbucks, is that correct?

~~Hello~~
Jun 20, 2010, 01:28 PM
I've reserved mine. The earliest I can get there is around 6:15. Can't get an earlier train.

Will have to power walk from the station. What time does West Quay open?

ReduxMachine
Jun 20, 2010, 03:03 PM
I think West Quay opens at 8, I'm planning to get in the queue about half 7 or so.

ddrum1458
Jun 21, 2010, 06:34 AM
Any ideas on "lull" periods during the day?
Gonna be travelling from Portsmouth, so any free parking nearby to save having to rack up costs whilst queuing?

timp123
Jun 22, 2010, 03:50 AM
Any ideas on "lull" periods during the day?
Gonna be travelling from Portsmouth, so any free parking nearby to save having to rack up costs whilst queuing?

Don't know about free parking, but marlands multi-story carpark off harbour parade is free between 5am and 8am, then it's about 1/hour after that. If you've got a phone reserved and can wait until 6pm then I think it's free to park there after that..

pterhaar
Jun 23, 2010, 07:29 AM
Where's the queue before 8 a.m.? West Quay has multiple entrances...

caseys
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 AM
Where's the queue before 8 a.m.? West Quay has multiple entrances...

I did ring up apple and point out that the store was opening before the centre does previously, ditto for the multi-storey car park... they said it'd be open a lot earlier. I'd think all the entrances will be open and they'll just queue in front of the store itself.

Reserved so not too worried anyway. Would be nice to get to work by midday though :)

I have a spare o2 micro-sim by the way if anyone on here that'll be in the queue wants it, as I went into my local o2 store and picked one up then found I was posted one when I got home that day.

timp123
Jun 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
I did ring up apple and point out that the store was opening before the centre does previously, ditto for the multi-storey car park... they said it'd be open a lot earlier. I'd think all the entrances will be open and they'll just queue in front of the store itself.

Reserved so not too worried anyway. Would be nice to get to work by midday though :)

I have a spare o2 micro-sim by the way if anyone on here that'll be in the queue wants it, as I went into my local o2 store and picked one up then found I was posted one when I got home that day.

Shotgun the micro-sim! Still haven't been sent one even though I registered my interest with o2 on the first day :rolleyes:

Edit: Although i was kind of late replying! Also needs to be a PAYG one, think I will just cut mine down, looks easy enough with a printed template :-)

rssfed23
Jun 23, 2010, 06:41 PM
I was going for Soton WQ originally, but as just upgrading on O2, was thinking of arriving around half 7 at the little O2 store on Winchester High St - They say on teh interwebs and on the phone they will have some in stock!

.....if the Apple store runs out, there are also a couple phone shops in Shirley/Millbrook and around the area that you might get lucky in :)

ce242
Jun 24, 2010, 02:21 AM
Have mine reserved so wont be there until about 1pm (have to work until that time). However reserved the 16gig, hoping I switch it to a 32gig, if no, so be it!

How is the queue looking?

rssfed23
Jun 24, 2010, 03:05 AM
Apple shop = bout 75 people
O2 store = bout 35 people

ce242
Jun 24, 2010, 03:16 AM
Wow thats more than I thought there would be! Hope they dont sell my reserved iPhone before I get there at 1'ish!

timp123
Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 AM
There were more people than I expected! Queued in the reserve from about 7 and got the phone at about 8:40 so wasn't not too bad, good thing they opened an hour early. The non-reserve queue looked pretty big, heard an apple guy saying they were working out how many they had stock for, and it wasn't looking good for people beyond about a third of the way along..

Edit: Got sim-free which was much faster even though the guy didn't know what he was doing, contracts apparently taking about 20 mins to set up/upgrade

rssfed23
Jun 24, 2010, 04:05 AM
they've just announced that they have about 10 more 16gig in Shirley high st - queue is about 15 people, so if you're heading down here Shirley probably a better bet than west quay :)

UPDATE: were hearing Rumuors here in Shirley that in WQ people in the back of both queues are being told they probably won't get one unreserved

mvp2206
Jun 24, 2010, 08:47 AM
Heading down to the Apple Store at around 5pm, so hoping my reservation is still there (man there will be trouble if not lol).

Am picking mine up sim free, but will apple hand over an o2 micro sim? When I called o2 they said I had to get it from Apple and not them?!