PDA

View Full Version : Alpharetta, GA (North Point Mall)

usedbert
Jun 15, 2010, 12:30 PM
I pre-ordered online (around 9 am) for pickup in the store. Not really sure what time to get there, or what time we can get inside the mall. Anyone else going?

cc2096
Jun 17, 2010, 07:15 AM
Pre-ordered for July 2nd shipping, but plan on waiting on launch day to see if I can get one earlier. Who else is planning on standing in the FCFS line on launch day at North Point?

Also for anyone that attended launches for either the iPad or the 3GS were you able to line up in the mall or did they force you to line up outside until the store actually opened?

drewatl
Jun 18, 2010, 01:28 AM
I didn't get a chance to pre-order on the 16th, so when I get off of work on the 23rd (6pm). I will check to see if people have already started to camp out. I was planning on getting out there around 4am, but push come to shove I will be prepared to get out there a little earlier than 4am.

I was out there for the 3G launch, and it was a complete MAD HOUSE!!! I don't remember what time released the 3G, but I think I arrived around 6:30-7:00. There had to be 100+ ahead of me, and I ended up staying in line for 7 hours. I learned my lesson from that experience, so I think I will be out there much earlier this time.

Follow me and hit me up on Twitter @drew801 if anyone decides to camp out as well. I'll be there! :apple:

cc2096
Jun 18, 2010, 01:34 AM
I actually contacted the mall management and they said they were going to provide me with their plans next week as far as where they will stage the line and when they will allow entrance to the mall. I will post here when I get the info and you can follow me on Twitter @MrD1sturbed. I was planning on heading out around midnight to check the scene. If there are any people in line then I will go ahead and get in line then. If not i'll probably check back around 0200. Gonna be a long night, but it'll be worth it in the end. I camped for the 2G and 3G, but I had the 3GS delivered. Would have rather had the 4 delivered but ***** happens.

araelz
Jun 18, 2010, 06:34 PM
Talked to a guy at apple and he said to get one, you must be there by 6:00am and the mall doors open i think at 6:00am. maybe 5:30am. I will be there! i got a phone reserved though. FYI if you reserved your phone you are going to get your phone for sure on the 24th. (according to the apple employee)

huntaub
Jun 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
So, if you reserved for North Point, what do you think would be the best way to get the phone? I don't really want to wait in line all day, but I am worried about not getting the phone if I arrive at like 5 PM. Any thoughts on this?

araelz
Jun 18, 2010, 10:02 PM
Well what I heard from the apple employee, he said u are for sure To get it before store closes. So u can go at 5pm but be sure u can get through the line before it closes. Sooner the safer.

fourpac
Jun 19, 2010, 11:19 PM
Why are people who pre-ordered camping out? Is there a risk of not getting a phone even if you did pre-order? Will they separate the crowds into 2 lines (pre-orders and FCFS)?

araelz
Jun 19, 2010, 11:34 PM
Why are people who pre-ordered camping out? Is there a risk of not getting a phone even if you did pre-order? Will they separate the crowds into 2 lines (pre-orders and FCFS)?
They have a regular waiting line and a reserved/preordered line. People In regular line are camping out

usedbert
Jun 21, 2010, 11:12 AM
Is there an update on this? I don't want to get there at 4 and not be able to get in line till 6.

I actually contacted the mall management and they said they were going to provide me with their plans next week as far as where they will stage the line and when they will allow entrance to the mall. I will post here when I get the info and you can follow me on Twitter @MrD1sturbed. I was planning on heading out around midnight to check the scene. If there are any people in line then I will go ahead and get in line then. If not i'll probably check back around 0200. Gonna be a long night, but it'll be worth it in the end. I camped for the 2G and 3G, but I had the 3GS delivered. Would have rather had the 4 delivered but ***** happens.

cc2096
Jun 21, 2010, 02:39 PM
I have not heard back from the mall management. I actually won't be waiting anymore as my supposed to ship by July 2nd pre-order actually shipped for the 24th. If you want to contact the mall here is the guy that emailed me back.

J.F. "Nick" Nicolosi, General Manager - North Point Mall - 1000 North
Point Circle - Alpharetta, GA 30022
770.410.3440 - Office Nick.Nicolosi@ggp.com

GL to all those who will be waiting on Thursday morning. BTW I also stopped by the store today and spoke with one of the genius's who told me that they are getting enough in to fill their pre-orders with plenty to go around for the FCFS line. He even said that they will probably have enough to last into the 2nd day of sales. Take that for what it's worth;).

jameskk
Jun 21, 2010, 04:17 PM
I have not heard back from the mall management. I actually won't be waiting anymore as my supposed to ship by July 2nd pre-order actually shipped for the 24th. If you want to contact the mall here is the guy that emailed me back.

J.F. "Nick" Nicolosi, General Manager - North Point Mall - 1000 North
Point Circle - Alpharetta, GA 30022
770.410.3440 - Office Nick.Nicolosi@ggp.com

GL to all those who will be waiting on Thursday morning. BTW I also stopped by the store today and spoke with one of the genius's who told me that they are getting enough in to fill their pre-orders with plenty to go around for the FCFS line. He even said that they will probably have enough to last into the 2nd day of sales. Take that for what it's worth;).

Huh? I wonder how this happened. Was this a new line or replacing another line on AT&T? Just curious why mine didn't ship.

cc2096
Jun 21, 2010, 04:18 PM
It was a new line.

fourpac
Jun 22, 2010, 03:19 AM
Is there a huge difference in the amount of stock Apple stores will have opposed to ATT stores? Would it be worth the drive all the way to Alpharetta just to be on the safe side if they really are going to have plenty of FCFS stock?

cc2096
Jun 22, 2010, 03:22 AM
I can tell you for a FACT that the Apple Store is your best bet. They will be getting way more stock than any AT&T store.

mlanham
Jun 22, 2010, 04:42 PM
Went by mall office today. (Tuesday)

Door by mall office (under food court, near Starbucks) will open at 6:30. Everyone will go to Apple Store for next line. Forgot to look outside to see if anyone was camping out yet.

So what's the Twitter hashtag going to be?
My thoughts: #ip4np #iphoneNP #iphonenpmall
I will do outgoing tweets from my old phone, won't receive any until iPhone is setup (unless iTouch is in range of wifi). @mlanham

Woke up today thinking about & had Major Doh! moment:"Awwww, two days, Not Tomorrow!!!!!!!" :eek:

BulletToothTony
Jun 22, 2010, 05:59 PM
Is there a huge difference in the amount of stock Apple stores will have opposed to ATT stores? Would it be worth the drive all the way to Alpharetta just to be on the safe side if they really are going to have plenty of FCFS stock?

well at this point apple store will be the ONLY store that will have iPhones so yeah.. has anyone heard if they will allow people to start a line from tomorrow? most malls say they're gonna kick people out if anyone's there before 6am

drewatl
Jun 22, 2010, 07:26 PM
Went by mall office today. (Tuesday)

Door by mall office (under food court, near Starbucks) will open at 6:30. Everyone will go to Apple Store for next line. Forgot to look outside to see if anyone was camping out yet.

So what's the Twitter hashtag going to be?
My thoughts: #ip4np #iphoneNP #iphonenpmall
I will do outgoing tweets from my old phone, won't receive any until iPhone is setup (unless iTouch is in range of wifi). @mlanham

Woke up today thinking about & had Major Doh! moment:"Awwww, two days, Not Tomorrow!!!!!!!" :eek:

Thanks for that info! Looks I'll be there a little before 6:30. I will drive pass the mall tomorrow when I get off to see if people have already started to form a line.

I'll start my pre iDay tweets when I get off!

I like the second hashtag: #iphoneNP

huntaub
Jun 22, 2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah. I am in for #iphoneNP as well. I should be arriving around (if not before) 6:30. I am just hoping that it won't take too terribly long...

BulletToothTony
Jun 22, 2010, 09:24 PM
i keep checking this thread.. please if there is any more info post it here or twitter me at @elo228 thanx.. i don't want to go there and try to camp if they're gonna kick me out at 9 pm and then wait till 6am ugh!!

gipfeli
Jun 22, 2010, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm planning to be there by 3-4am no matter what, as I've been a night owl lately, I think I can handle this. However, I do know there's a convenient way to notify you guys over twitter with that # thing, but I am not sure how to do this. If somebody helps me with that, I'll keep you guys updated throughout the morning...

...and I believe if we all work closely together here, we can walk away with one before noon...in the meanwhile, please watch this video here from another mall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy1WgTQxKQ

Possible for us to get into those lines before opening hour? :confused:

carolinabluexnb
Jun 22, 2010, 10:01 PM
ok so im camping out tomorrow and i was planning on being there at 7 at night tom ha just to be COMPELTY sure because im an 18 yr old guy but i will CRY LIKE A BABY if i dont get the iphone ha everyone is like its ok you just have to wait a little bit longer but i CANNOT haha i talked to apple guy today and he said line starts outside american girl and none of them know at all how many they will have after reservations/pre-sales because there not even getting them in until like 4 am thurs morning!

rajshelj
Jun 22, 2010, 10:11 PM
The one thing that has me puzzled is the lady at apply I spoke with today on the phone stated that yes the line will start outside the mall at the main entrance and then they will open the doors and basicly it will just be a mad dash to be the first to the store. I hope this is not the case, I don't want to be in the top 10 outside the mall and then be like 50th cause my fat a@@ can't run that fast.

I had also called the radio shacks to check on the status of my name on the list and they had already received there phones and called the people that were getting them, so I'm quite sure the Apple store already has there phones in. I think they will have less than 150 phones and over half will be the 32g as they are hopping folks that can't get a 16g will fork over the extra 100 bucks to get their hands on the iPhone 4

I missed the preorder by a few min and I have already sold my 1st gen Iphone so I will more than likely arrive about midnight. I will be driving by tomorrow evening around 6 or 7 to see if there is any kind of line just yet.

mlanham
Jun 22, 2010, 10:43 PM
...the line will start outside the mall at the main entrance and then they will open the doors and basicly it will just be a mad dash to be the first to the store.

I talked to a guy in a security uniform at the mall office. I asked "It won't be a mad dash to the Apple Store, will it?" He laughed & said "No, there will be lots of security and police."

But I guess we should plan for anything...

rajshelj
Jun 22, 2010, 11:03 PM
I talked to a guy in a security uniform at the mall office. I asked "It won't be a mad dash to the Apple Store, will it?" He laughed & said "No, there will be lots of security and police."

But I guess we should plan for anything...

Yup, I decided to look at other forums from previous years and it looks like they may hand out numbers to the folks in line outside the store or only let a few in at a time so that the line remains orderly..

What time are you planning on arriving

BulletToothTony
Jun 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
that's great to hear.. i'm glad that i'm seeing people interested in meeting up.. i hope they have like 1000 phones so everyone it's just chilled and happy

mlanham
Jun 23, 2010, 06:00 AM
Yup, I decided to look at other forums from previous years and it looks like they may hand out numbers to the folks in line outside the store or only let a few in at a time so that the line remains orderly..

What time are you planning on arriving

That's a good idea. I was planning on arriving by six at the latest. Maybe carb up at the Waffle House first. (har har har!)

Which forums were you reading?

I hope the inside line is close enough to the apple store for wifi! :)

Horne11
Jun 23, 2010, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know if there is going to be two lines outside the mall for the FCFS and reserved? Im planning on getting there around 5 unless i hear the line is already getting long. I reserved mine so does anyone think i should do otherwise?

BulletToothTony
Jun 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know if there is going to be two lines outside the mall for the FCFS and reserved? Im planning on getting there around 5 unless i hear the line is already getting long. I reserved mine so does anyone think i should do otherwise?

i've heard they make 2 lines but exactly at what point will this happen or IF this will actually happen it's not a fact until you're in the actual line..

i'd say be there early to make sure you secure one... but who knows if they're gonna let us camp overnight.. most malls kick you out and let the line form around 5am.. we're gonna have to go and wait and hope for some order... remember thou, it's well worth it :D

birdlives
Jun 23, 2010, 09:24 AM
I was there for the 3g & 3gs launch. 3g I got there once the line was inside.
For the 3gs, lined up outside around 5:30am, and it was kind of a mad dash for the line outside of apple once the mall opened the doors. once the apple employees came out, they asked us to form 2 lines, 1 for FCFS and 1 for pre-orders. Once the apple doors opened, I was in and out in about 30 mins, and was about 50th in line for FCFS.
As far as how early, don't think they'll allow anyone at the door before 5am, but not sure if that'll be the same this year.
Good luck everyone - still undecided if I'll be there or, if BestBuy will actually have a phone for me as I preordered there.

gtgrad95
Jun 23, 2010, 09:53 AM

Why are you getting there at 5 if you've already reserved one? You are guaranteed to get one if you show up anytime on the 24th. I would wait till the rush dies down.

rajshelj
Jun 23, 2010, 10:02 AM
So I drove past North Point this morning while I was out doing errands and I saw two guys late teen's trying to wait outside the mall near the american girl store, security was talking to them and when I came back buy they were gone.

The lady I spoke with at the apple store did say that they were going to allow folks to form a line outside the mall and that security would be on had, however she didn't say how early.

I'm thinking about arriving sometime between Midnight and 3 since I'm a no reservation FCFS shopper

I only live about 10 min from the mall so I'll swing back by later this afternoon and check things out

birdlives
Jun 23, 2010, 10:19 AM
just heard back from the mall - doors open at 6:30, and mgmt is currently meeting with security to coordinate how it'll be organized. said their policy is no one on premises before 5am, but since several people have asked about camping out overnight, they are meeting to see if the security team can accommodate that.

rajshelj
Jun 23, 2010, 11:14 AM
just heard back from the mall - doors open at 6:30, and mgmt is currently meeting with security to coordinate how it'll be organized. said their policy is no one on premises before 5am, but since several people have asked about camping out overnight, they are meeting to see if the security team can accommodate that.

Keep us updated on that. I don't want to arrive early only to be told to go home.

However I think for them to try and keep people from lining up before 5 may actually cause more problems then just letting people show up as early as they want.

todfields
Jun 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
I got there last year around 4am...was 3rd in line...the way they let us in the mall was very orderly and sane...they split us into reservations/fcfs lines and we were in and out once the store opened in about 15 minutes....

UGACalypso
Jun 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
They will start a line tonight at 9pm outside the mall. Doors open, as mentioned in other posts, at 6:30 am.

Horne11
Jun 23, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'm at North Point and there are about 10 people in line. Talked to a guy in apple and he said that there will be two lines. They already have roped off lines for inside ready to go. And there are two lines.

katiesham
Jun 23, 2010, 03:04 PM
I'm at North Point and there are about 10 people in line. Talked to a guy in apple and he said that there will be two lines. They already have roped off lines for inside ready to go. And there are two lines.

Are these all people who didn't preorder? And it's definitely by American Girl, right?

Horne11
Jun 23, 2010, 03:16 PM
I didn't ask them if they are FCFS or reserved but it is definitely the entrance by American girl.

katiesham
Jun 23, 2010, 03:20 PM
Alright, thanks for the info!

gipfeli
Jun 23, 2010, 03:37 PM
I also talked to the apple employee and he seems to know it very well. He said mall doors open at 6.00am rather than 6.30am...

Now for all those who pre-ordered, what time are you planning getting there and at what spot?

JWinks
Jun 23, 2010, 04:08 PM
Do you think 4AM is too late to have any chance? I didn't know how many people knew about the line at 9.

BulletToothTony
Jun 23, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm 4th in line as of 7pm there is 20 people in line, extremely hot thou

Saks2415
Jun 23, 2010, 05:57 PM
I also talked to the apple employee and he seems to know it very well. He said mall doors open at 6.00am rather than 6.30am...

Now for all those who pre-ordered, what time are you planning getting there and at what spot?

If you have pre-ordered there's no point in hurrying in early. Your reservation is held all day until the store closes. Nevertheless, security already has cordoned off two separate areas for the FCFS and pre-order lines in front of the store. I was at the 3GS launch last year at this store and it was managed well and catered by Atlanta Bread Co. I recommend being courteous and orderly or security will not hesitate to remove you from mall property. Looking forward to seeing everyone bright and early!

rajshelj
Jun 23, 2010, 06:00 PM
I'm 4th in line as of 7pm there is 20 people in line, extremely hot thou

Just drove by about 30min ago I probably saw you. I'm waiting for my husband to get home and then I'm heading out hopefully in the next 2 hours. Keep us posted as the line grows so I know weather or not it's even worth it to come out andwait

BulletToothTony
Jun 23, 2010, 06:19 PM
Just drove by about 30min ago I probably saw you. I'm waiting for my husband to get home and then I'm heading out hopefully in the next 2 hours. Keep us posted as the line grows so I know weather or not it's even worth it to come out andwait

Yeah, 2hours from now should be nice n cool line is not increasing by much, 23as of 7:20pm

JWinks
Jun 23, 2010, 06:42 PM
I expect once the sun goes down people will pour in.

rajshelj
Jun 23, 2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, 2hours from now should be nice n cool line is not increasing by much, 23as of 7:20pm

How we looking BTT, I've got about another hour before I can head down. Hubby told be won't be home till after 11, so I've got a girlfriend that is going to watch the little one for me. I don't need DFAC's showing up cause I've got my son in line with me LOL

BulletToothTony
Jun 23, 2010, 07:15 PM
How we looking BTT, I've got about another hour before I can head down. Hubby told be won't be home till after 11, so I've got a girlfriend that is going to watch the little one for me. I don't need DFAC's showing up cause I've got my son in line with me LOL

haha they just set up the two lines for FCFS and Reservations, as of 8:15 there is 27 people but they are starting to show up, shade is here I suggest getting here asap

kaelle29
Jun 23, 2010, 07:31 PM
My boss just let me off work early to get in line, on my way! I'm so happy you all have been keeping me updated:)

BulletToothTony
Jun 23, 2010, 07:47 PM
My boss just let me off work early to get in line, on my way! I'm so happy you all have been keeping me updated:)

Nice, no problem, as of 8:45 there is 35 people for FCFS and 2 yes two for the reservation line lol

UGACalypso
Jun 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
How many people out there now?

Horne11
Jun 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
haha they just set up the two lines for FCFS and Reservations, as of 8:15 there is 27 people but they are starting to show up, shade is here I suggest getting here asap

can you tell me how many are FCFS and how many are pre order people?

kaelle29
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks, just sat down in line

Horne11
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 PM

did they set up those two lines outside? how many are in each line?

rajshelj
Jun 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
OMG!, my friend can't get here fast enough... come on I need to get in line.. My gut says There will be no more than 50 phones for the FCFS, must get in line before it reaches 50

rajshelj
Jun 23, 2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks, just sat down in line

Damn I wish you could save spots:p

kaelle29
Jun 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
The guy next to me in line talked to an apple employee inside before he sat down that told him they had roughly 200 phones for FCFS...

huntaub
Jun 23, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm following #iphoneNP on twitter for all the news. Keep on tweeting people in line!

gipfeli
Jun 23, 2010, 08:29 PM
If you have pre-ordered there's no point in hurrying in early. Your reservation is held all day until the store closes. Nevertheless, security already has cordoned off two separate areas for the FCFS and pre-order lines in front of the store. I was at the 3GS launch last year at this store and it was managed well and catered by Atlanta Bread Co. I recommend being courteous and orderly or security will not hesitate to remove you from mall property. Looking forward to seeing everyone bright and early!

ohh, so am i the ONLY one on this forum who's already pre-ordered and worried about standing in line for too long? I know I am guaranteed to get one by the end of the day, but I just don't want to spend 5 hours in line for pre-orders...

huntaub
Jun 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
ohh, so am i the ONLY one on this forum who's already pre-ordered and worried about standing in line for too long? I know I am guaranteed to get one by the end of the day, but I just don't want to spend 5 hours in line for pre-orders...

Nah, I'm the same way gipfeli. I just do not have the ability to camp out overnight... So.. It could be an interesting day.

Commodore84
Jun 23, 2010, 08:49 PM

Are there two lines outside the mall as well or just in front of the Apple store?

One-Shot
Jun 23, 2010, 08:52 PM
I am debating to go to northpoint or Mall of Georgia since I am pretty much in between them. Are both apple stores suppose to have a few for walk ins?

Horne11
Jun 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
can someone give me an update on the preorder line?

huntaub
Jun 23, 2010, 09:20 PM
Latest Update:
@mlanham Yes there is 2 lines the reservation line w only 5 people the fcfs w 50+ #iphoneNP

http://twitter.com/elo228/status/16895498146

gipfeli
Jun 23, 2010, 09:34 PM
on the status of north point mall: http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23iphoneNP

gipfeli
Jun 23, 2010, 09:48 PM
Nah, I'm the same way gipfeli. I just do not have the ability to camp out overnight... So.. It could be an interesting day.

i'll be at the mall around 5.45-6.00... what about you?

huntaub
Jun 23, 2010, 09:52 PM
i'll be at the mall around 5.45-6.00... what about you?

I'm hoping to be there between 6:00 and 6:15. But, judging on the overwhelming consensus that we are guaranteed a phone... I guess I will just have to settle with waiting for a few hours.

kaelle29
Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 PM
Very happy about the apple manager coming at midnight to number us off and tell us who will get one and who should go home

KC2
Jun 23, 2010, 09:58 PM
Very happy about the apple manager coming at midnight to number us off and tell us who will get one and who should go home

I'm a little confused...so someone came out and said this would happen in an hour or so?

mlanham
Jun 23, 2010, 10:11 PM
Blah... "Twitter is over capacity" error.

What's up with manager coming out and counting people off?

kaelle29
Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
The last announcement the security guard made was that the apple
store manager was going to get here at midnight, and count people off according to their available stock so people who won't be able
to get one can go home...

KC2
Jun 23, 2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the info! A little surprising that they would disclose their inventory like that, but real useful information for all of us - thank you!

openwhlrcr
Jun 23, 2010, 10:42 PM
I would head up there but it will take me an hour. I don't want to drive all that way if the manager is coming in 15 minutes to possibly send some people home based on their inventory.

Any thoughts?

kaelle29
Jun 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
At last count there were 79 people, a few more
may have shown up since then, but we appear to still be under 100, and supposedly they have about 200 fcfs phones...

BulletToothTony
Jun 23, 2010, 10:57 PM
I would head up there but it will take me an hour. I don't want to drive all that way if the manager is coming in 15 minutes to possibly send some people home based on their inventory.

Any thoughts?

I peaked at their list, it was numbered to 100 on the first page and there is 80 people, I don't know how many pages she had but they have at least 100, I'd still suggest come here asap for FCFS

openwhlrcr
Jun 23, 2010, 11:08 PM
I heard the manager is passing out info now. If I drive up there now and it takes me an hour think I can still get one?

fourpac
Jun 23, 2010, 11:16 PM
What's the scene like now? Any word on available stock for FCFS?

katiesham
Jun 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
This is not exactly relating to the NP Mall store, but no one will answer me on the main forum and I thought maybe one of you might know or could ask an Apple rep if they happen to appear again tonight.

I completely forgot to check about the whole account owner/primary line/authorized account thing until tonight. I'm a genius.

I know Apple stores generally don't let just an authorized user purchase a phone because they have no way of checking that. But my dad's the "Account Owner" and I'm the "Primary Line". I have the power to make other people on our plan "Authorized Users" because I just made myself one. So will I be able to buy a phone tomorrow do you think or no?

kaelle29
Jun 24, 2010, 12:43 AM
This is not exactly relating to the NP Mall store, but no one will answer me on the main forum and I thought maybe one of you might know or could ask an Apple rep if they happen to appear again tonight.

I completely forgot to check about the whole account owner/primary line/authorized account thing until tonight. I'm a genius.

I know Apple stores generally don't let just an authorized user purchase a phone because they have no way of checking that. But my dad's the "Account Owner" and I'm the "Primary Line". I have the power to make other people on our plan "Authorized Users" because I just made myself one. So will I be able to buy a phone tomorrow do you think or no?

The guy next to me asked them that exact question and they said as long as you are an authorized user and have the account infor you will be able
to purchase one

katiesham
Jun 24, 2010, 12:48 AM
The guy next to me asked them that exact question and they said as long as you are an authorized user and have the account infor you will be able
to purchase one

Awesome! Thanks :)

Bigman656
Jun 24, 2010, 01:56 AM
So, it's 2:50 here at north point and there is about 130 people in the fcfs line. I got here at 1230 and I'm about #100. The good thing is that the apple reps are coming out about 30 min and putting everyone on the list, if you get on you get one!! Once full they will start sending people away, I thought this was great so u don't wait and waste ur time and not get one. But if your coming I would get here soon!!

usedbert
Jun 24, 2010, 02:10 AM
How is the reserve line? I might come down there now if its getting too long or if there is a chance I won't be able to get one.

Bigman656
Jun 24, 2010, 02:19 AM
Looks like about 20 in the reserved line.

usedbert
Jun 24, 2010, 02:27 AM
Looks like about 20 in the reserved line.

Thanks for the update, I'll probably leave in half an hour or so.

I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if I pre-ordered the 16GB if I could up it to a 32GB? I'm sure it's not a possibility because of the demand but I'm hoping I can make it happen.

Drewgolden
Jun 24, 2010, 02:57 AM
Fcfs line really long, perhaps 200 or so

Mall guard courteous, escorting small groups inside to use rrs

New cardload of fcfs hopefuls arrive about every 10 minutes or so

mlanham
Jun 24, 2010, 03:00 AM
I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if I pre-ordered the 16GB if I could up it to a 32GB? I'm sure it's not a possibility because of the demand but I'm hoping I can make it happen.

I asked Apple reps same question. One was "well, maybe" and the other was "oh, sure!". 16 people in reservation line now - I'd say you have a good chance.

Drewgolden
Jun 24, 2010, 03:10 AM
Apple folks out taking names

Fcfs line at max. Apple folks delivering bad news to those at end of line

Bigman656
Jun 24, 2010, 03:18 AM
Actually they still have 32g no more 16 left for Fcfs

Drewgolden
Jun 24, 2010, 03:26 AM
Actually they still have 32g no more 16 left for Fcfs

That's not too bad!

Two spots for sale in fcfs line, about spot number 10 or so

Dude wants $400, crazy!

Bigman656
Jun 24, 2010, 03:26 AM
Now they are out, still taking name so I'm getting the feeling they got extras it's just don't know if ur getting one if you stay in line

kaelle29
Jun 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
A couple girls down here are saying that they will only let in 1 FCFS for every 30 preorder person they let in... Has anyone else heard this? It just doesn't seem likely to me...

grantgeek
Jun 24, 2010, 03:54 AM
A couple girls down here are saying that they will only let in 1 FCFS for every 30 preorder person they let in... Has anyone else heard this? It just doesn't seem likely to me...

Hard to tell, but for the iPad, the Perimeter store let about five reserved in for every one FCFS.

Bigman656
Jun 24, 2010, 03:54 AM
Haven't heard that

mlanham
Jun 24, 2010, 04:07 AM
Was hoping people who got phones early would discover Magical Unicorn Dust that Apple was trying to hide.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/06/18/apple_asks_fcc_to_keep_iphone_4_details_under_wraps.html

espressivo
Jun 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
Any updates?