PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Airport express

ang8385
Oct 19, 2004, 02:04 AM
just bought Airport Express yesterday. how can i join with my existing d-link wireless router? i only tried disabling all the security, but my Airtunes are dropping out frequently.

Any idea and suggestions for the setup ?

MacFan26
Oct 19, 2004, 03:05 AM
just bought Airport Express yesterday. how can i join with my existing d-link wireless router? i only tried disabling all the security, but my Airtunes are dropping out frequently.

Any idea and suggestions for the setup ?

Technically it's not supposed to join that existing router, at least, Apple hasn't made any guarantees about it. It's possible it could still work, but it didn't work with my NetGear. :( sorry I can't be of much help.

Sedulous
Oct 19, 2004, 03:30 AM
I have also had some trouble with Airtunes dropping. The reason is interference from 2.4 GHz phones in the area.

Using the Airport Admin Utility (you'll still have to install the AirPort Express software), you'll see an option for joining an existing wireless network.

ang8385
Oct 19, 2004, 08:21 AM
so that means im lucky enough to get it works with my Dlink :) , but there still dropout sometimes.

but has anyone has issue with Airport express and adsl modem alone? if there is no problem, i will probably sell my wireless router